COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Long Goodbye (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Coming Home (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Thieves Like Us (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$216.99
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Viva Maria! (Blu-ray)
$18.49
White Lightning (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Pocketful of Miracles (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Gator (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Tyler Perry's Temptation (Blu-ray)
$12.98

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs

Old 10-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #21

Oct 2009

Yes, that to me makes sense since the TV receives a signal and send a signal now and then from and to my amp. That would explain the short blackout. Anyways. I havent tested any other movies yet. But will report back what ever I find.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #22
seaniepie

Default Fix found

I couldn't believe there was something wrong with my lens or drive because it was only happening with the one film (which happened to be "Safe" by Boaz Yakin - good film btw). All my other discs were fine.
It turned out there is one setting on the ps3 which was causing the failure to play properly. It would play the initial copyright notice then go to black screen and loose all signal.
On the PS3 main page, go to Settings>DisplaySettings>VideoOutputSettings>HDMI> Custom> then make sure everything is switched on, 576p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p. It was the 1080p one that was causing my problems. Now I can play it fine and I'm a happy man.

Hope this helps some of you out

Pi
π
Old 08-19-2013, 03:01 AM   #23

Jan 2009
Montréal, Québec

A month ago I bought a new 50 inches TV, so I moved the old 32 inches to bedroom. I HMDI plugged the old Blu-ray player to it and mostly before the 15 minutes mark the screen goes black and lottle hdmi loght on player goes dark then come back when the images comes back on.

It happens with all movie I test and never at the same place. TV worked fine when in the living room. The screen goes black even when there's no disk Inside and while I am on the settings.

I played with the video settings on the player, it was set on 1080p while the TV is only 720p. Now I have set it to auto and so far, 17 minutes in a movie nothing happened....
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs