Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Smokey and the Bandit (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Rambo 1-3 Box Set (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Brother Bear / Brother Bear 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Electronics Deals

Old 11-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
Power Member

Jan 2012
Bedford Falls
Default Vizio 65" LED #M650VSE $998 (Sam's Club-BF only)

Thought I'd pass this along for anyone who didn't see the Sam's Club ad posted in the blu ray deals forum.

http://bfads.net/Ad/Sams-Club-2012

This is unquestionably high on my radar at the moment for being such an enormous size for under $1k. Please feel free to post impressions and such.

(Or merge this into an all-inclusive Black Friday tv deals thread if someone is dedicated enough to maintain one).

Last edited by meremortal; 11-07-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:57 AM   #2
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post
Thought I'd pass this along for anyone who didn't see the Sam's Club ad posted in the blu ray deals forum.

http://bfads.net/Ad/Sams-Club-2012

This is unquestionably high on my radar at the moment for being such an enormous size for under $1k. Please feel free to post impressions and such.

(Or merge this into an all-inclusive Black Friday tv deals thread if someone is dedicated enough to maintain one).
I'd be sure to buy an extended warranty for it. Vizio doesn't have the greatest track record in quality parts when compared to Panny, Samsung and Sony and Mits
Old 11-08-2012, 03:59 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2006
Stowe, Pennsylvania

Beat buy will have better deals.

https://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/?ref...!/door+busters
PS3/PS4/Vita: GrimReaper4383
360/Xbone: CMaggotbone
Trophy 6,100 4/15/14 PS+ Member Since 12/6/2010
Pre-Ordered: 3 games twitter facebook
My Blu-Ray Collection My PS3 Games My PS4 Games My Xbox One Games
Old 11-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Wherever I may roam....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
I'd be sure to buy an extended warranty for it. Vizio doesn't have the greatest track record in quality parts when compared to Panny, Samsung and Sony and Mits
While picture-quality-wise, a Vizio may not be on par with those top brands, it's simply not true that the quality of the set is any worse. Consumer Reports, while not the greatest when it comes to rating TVs from a videophile perspective, does a very good job reporting quality and repair rates of various brands based off of user surveys. In the most recent edition, they've again listed a reliability chart for all of the major TV brands.

For plasma, the percentage of sets requiring repair was reported as follows:

Panasonic - 3%
Samsung - 5%
LG - 6%

For LCD:

Panasonic - 2%
Sony - 3%
Vizio - 4%
Samsung - 5%

Though they state differences of less than 3 percentage points are not meaningful, I would still consider Samsung as as one of the more repair-prone brands, though not as bad as Westinghouse at 8%!
Genius has its limits, however there is no limit on stupidity.

Panasonic 60GT30 | Pioneer VSX-33 | Panasonic DMP-BD110 | Emotiva XPA-3
APC H15 | XBox 360 | Sony PS3 Slim
Axiom M80's & VP-180 | Carver Cinema 5.1 surrounds | BIC Accoustech H100

My A/V cabinet build / DIY thread
Old 11-18-2012, 04:06 AM   #5
Expert Member

Sep 2010
Detroit, MI

Vizio also consistently takes a large market share, where it often gets near the top in LCD tv sales in the US if not in some quarters outselling all other manufacturers. I have one and just bought another and have had zero problems with it for the 3+years I've had it, a family member of mine has a Sony and constantly comments on the clarity of mine. All models are different of course, and just like anything else there can be 1000 of the same exact thing but 1 may have a defect. It happens - but I don't think Vizio, or any other of the leading brands along with them, are less reliable than the other.
Go Tigers!!!!!

Last edited by cebb; 11-18-2012 at 04:15 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #6
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebb View Post
Vizio also consistently takes a large market share, where it often gets near the top in LCD tv sales in the US if not in some quarters outselling all other manufacturers. I have one and just bought another and have had zero problems with it for the 3+years I've had it, a family member of mine has a Sony and constantly comments on the clarity of mine. All models are different of course, and just like anything else there can be 1000 of the same exact thing but 1 may have a defect. It happens - but I don't think Vizio, or any other of the leading brands along with them, are less reliable than the other.
maybe it's because they sell so MANY of them, but I have a buddy who works at BB geek squad and another who works at a tv repair place, says they get 3 or 4 times the amount of vizios and insignias and westinghouse's than any other tv. I've heard by both of them not to get a Vizio unless you plan on buying a new one every two years when the old one craps out on you.

Last edited by wormraper; 11-18-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #7

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
maybe it's because they sell so MANY of them, but I have a buddy who works at BB geek squad and another who works at a tv repair place, says they get 3 or 4 times the amount of vizios and insignias and westinghouse's than any other tv. I've heard by both of them not to get a Vizio unless you plan on buying a new one every two years when the old one craps out on you.
Maybe that's because they sell 3 to 4 times more vizio's compared to samsung, sony, etc. You said it yourself. I've also had my vizio for 4+ years and haven't had one problem.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid_68 View Post
Maybe that's because they sell 3 to 4 times more vizio's compared to samsung, sony, etc. You said it yourself. I've also had my vizio for 4+ years and haven't had one problem.
maybe, If they sell that many tv's that would make sense. if you're gonna get a vizio I HIGHLY recommend getting them at costco. if you use their amex membeship card you get 2 years warranty and the squartrade warranties for a tv $1000 or less is only $60 and that 3 year extended warranty goes ON TOP of the 2 year mfg warranty...
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

Good gravy, can I get on a sales thread today that isn't a pissing contest? There is nothing wrong with Vizio and I'd say they are catching up with the leading brands on quality. I've had mine since 2010 and have had no issues with it. Great deal for someone looking for a starter flatscreen.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Old 11-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #10
Power Member

Feb 2009

Not trying to thread crap or be inflammatory. I too have heard from various sources that Vizio and Westinghouse and other off or lower quality brands have high return/ repair rates.

We recently RMA about 10* 60-65" and 10 * 50"+ Vizios. They all had similar serial numbers so they came from the same batch. Upper mgmt decided to rma them all after having 4 of them fail relatively shortly.

2 yrs ago I had to go through hell to have a 60" Vizio repaired. The screen started having dead pixels and the back light eventually went out.......

Vizio said that while it was unfortunate that it happened. But they would not repair the unit. Because it would not be cost effective. They did extend a generous discount on replacing it with a new and or larger size model.

One should not have to buy a new tv to replace a tv that should be under warranty......

I have read about other issues online etc. Look up disposable tv etc
Old 11-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxbfly View Post
Not trying to thread crap or be inflammatory. I too have heard from various sources that Vizio and Westinghouse and other off or lower quality brands have high return/ repair rates.

We recently RMA about 10* 60-65" and 10 * 50"+ Vizios. They all had similar serial numbers so they came from the same batch. Upper mgmt decided to rma them all after having 4 of them fail relatively shortly.

2 yrs ago I had to go through hell to have a 60" Vizio repaired. The screen started having dead pixels and the back light eventually went out.......

Vizio said that while it was unfortunate that it happened. But they would not repair the unit. Because it would not be cost effective. They did extend a generous discount on replacing it with a new and or larger size model.

One should not have to buy a new tv to replace a tv that should be under warranty......

I have read about other issues online etc. Look up disposable tv etc

the reason for that is because Vizio just gets parts from whoever is the lowest bidder for that year and so their "guts" will vary wildly depending on why they contract with that particular year. so many times they DON"T have the components to repair the screen because they are partnered with a different supplier that year
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Electronics Deals