COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Monsters (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Phantom of the Paradise (Blu-ray)
$18.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Fantastic Four / Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Spy Game / State of Play (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$28.59
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Eraserhead (Blu-ray)
$28.78
Old 09-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
Power Member

Jul 2007
Default Three Stooges Blu-ray 3D?

A link was added in the Blu-ray 3D release calender section for an October 30, 2012 Blu-ray 3D release of "Three Stooges".

No synopsis or information available about it. The Best Buy link has no information and only states it's a Blu-ray disc with a 9/25/2012 Release date for Pre-Order only.

Hope the Blu-ray 3D part is not an error.

Anyone have information?

Paul
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection
Old 09-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
A link was added in the Blu-ray 3D release calender section for an October 30, 2012 Blu-ray 3D release of "Three Stooges".
Legend Films, PD scavengers extraordinaire....No, ordinaire, actually.

Which means it'll not only be a cheap conversion, but my psychic powers tell me the shorts will be:
(concentrates)
Disorder in the Court, The Brideless Groom, Malice in the Palace and Sing a Song of Six Pants, and maybe a couple of lost musical numbers with Ted Healy.

(My powers of prophecy are not to be questioned.)

Last edited by EricJ; 09-28-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:37 AM   #3

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
Legend Films, PD scavengers extraordinaire....No, ordinaire, actually.

Which means it'll not only be a cheap conversion, but my psychic powers tell me the shorts will be:
(concentrates)
Disorder in the Court, The Brideless Groom, Malice in the Palace and Sing a Song of Six Pants, and maybe a couple of lost musical numbers with Ted Healy.

(My powers of prophecy are not to be questioned.)
too bad it wasn't the actual non-coverted and actually filmed in 3D Three Stooges shorts "Spooks" and "Pardon my Backfire".
Old 09-28-2012, 02:53 AM   #4
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dfan View Post
too bad it wasn't the actual non-coverted and actually filmed in 3D Three Stooges shorts "Spooks" and "Pardon my Backfire".
Maybe next Christmas, I'll splurge and actually PAY that $29.99 for PSNetwork's download-only "Pardon My Backfire".
Should've gotten it back when "Spooks" was still available.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Got 3 Stooges 3D, really nice color conversion, and the 3D? Really easy to see 3D layers in each episode. For 14.99, I don't regret it.

Also got March of the Wooden Soldiers 3D. Also really well done 3D. Even though when you take your glasses off, it looks like very little separation, but once you put them back on, the layers pop really well.

Great job by this team, which I read in the credits is about 50 3D stereo artists including the stereographer.

Only criticism is it's in 4:3 format, so black bars are on the side of the screen, which is really not a criticism, as it's the OA Ratio.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
Power Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Got 3 Stooges 3D, really nice color conversion, and the 3D? Really easy to see 3D layers in each episode. For 14.99, I don't regret it.

Also got March of the Wooden Soldiers 3D. Also really well done 3D. Even though when you take your glasses off, it looks like very little separation, but once you put them back on, the layers pop really well.

Great job by this team, which I read in the credits is about 50 3D stereo artists including the stereographer.

Only criticism is it's in 4:3 format, so black bars are on the side of the screen, which is really not a criticism, as it's the OA Ratio.
Agree completely! To this point the experienced and talented artists at Legend have done a remarkable job for every 3D conversion I've seen so far.

Can't wait to see how they transform Top Gun.

Paul
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection
Old 11-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
Agree completely! To this point the experienced and talented artists at Legend have done a remarkable job for every 3D conversion I've seen so far.

Can't wait to see how they transform Top Gun.

Paul
Yes, no mistaking we're watching 3D with these conversions. Really good 3D. It's great to see these classics in a new way, to give them some new life IMO. These are the versions I will watch from now on, not a big fan of black and white (as most humans see in color).

If they're behind it, they really know how to layer things clearly in 3D, so I'm interested now.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #8
Expert Member

Apr 2012

Are they region free?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #9

Oct 2012

yeah,i agree too, To this point the experienced and talented artists at Legend have done a remarkable job for every 3D conversion I've seen so far.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
Expert Member

Jul 2010

Quote:
Yes, no mistaking we're watching 3D with these conversions. Really good 3D. It's great to see these classics in a new way, to give them some new life IMO. These are the versions I will watch from now on, not a big fan of black and white (as most humans see in color).

If they're behind it, they really know how to layer things clearly in 3D, so I'm interested now.
Good point but then again, I grew up watching these in b&w so am used to and prefer to see them in b&w if I had my choice. Still, I picked this up as well as the Little Rascals 3D. I also got the Stooges dvd box set which they did a great job on but why the heck didn't Sony release it on BD? They could have included the two shorts that were shot in 3D just as Universal did with CFTBL 3D BD. What a missed opportunity or next year will we be double dipping.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:56 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookymonster View Post
Are they region free?
All regions, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbug View Post
Good point but then again, I grew up watching these in b&w so am used to and prefer to see them in b&w if I had my choice. Still, I picked this up as well as the Little Rascals 3D. I also got the Stooges dvd box set which they did a great job on but why the heck didn't Sony release it on BD? They could have included the two shorts that were shot in 3D just as Universal did with CFTBL 3D BD. What a missed opportunity or next year will we be double dipping.
I tested the 3D in color, and used my auto settings to go into black and white mode on my 3DTV. Both look good, I agree, though it's a pretty remarkable set of color conversions as well.

I hope there are more classic 3D titles with this level of quality soon at this price, 14.99.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #12
Expert Member

Jul 2010

Quote:
All regions, yes.

I tested the 3D in color, and used my auto settings to go into black and white mode on my 3DTV. Both look good, I agree, though it's a pretty remarkable set of color conversions as well.

I hope there are more classic 3D titles with this level of quality soon at this price, 14.99.
Yes, I'd like to see more also. I wonder what they have up their sleeves?
Old 11-21-2012, 04:25 AM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

I'd like to see more of the classic movies converted to 3D, but will consider the Little Rascals 3D the series, as with the 3D Stooges.

I'm going to play the March of the Wooden Soldiers 3D (Babes in Toyland) on Thanksgiving before the football games. I know the older audience really enjoys this classic.

Last edited by Zivouhr; 11-21-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #14
Expert Member

Apr 2012

Quote:
All regions, yes.

Thanks for that, will be able to buy now.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookymonster View Post
Thanks for that, will be able to buy now.
The 3D turned out better than I would have imagined, so a worthwhile purchase I'll watch again. Also for March of the Wooden Soldiers 3D, a funny movie to play for the holiday in 3D.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies