Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$96.32
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Rio Grande (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Electronics Deals

Old 11-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
Expert Member

Sep 2010
Detroit, MI
Target Westingthouse 50" LCD $349 Available NOW

Target has released this BF doorbuster on their site right now $349 - but, if you don't have a RedCard they are charging shipping

http://www.target.com/p/westinghouse...Primary%20Link

Edit: This thread may be deleted, this went out of stock in about 30 minutes. May still be able to price match in store..
Go Tigers!!!!!

Last edited by cebb; 11-21-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Wherever I may roam....

Save yourself a world of future headaches and buy a different set. Either that or get yourself a good extended warranty, as Westinghouse TVs are the worst in terms of reliability and repairs.
Genius has its limits, however there is no limit on stupidity.

Panasonic 60GT30 | Pioneer VSX-33 | Panasonic DMP-BD110 | Emotiva XPA-3
APC H15 | XBox 360 | Sony PS3 Slim
Axiom M80's & VP-180 | Carver Cinema 5.1 surrounds | BIC Accoustech H100

My A/V cabinet build / DIY thread
Old 11-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
Special Member

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Two_Cents View Post
Save yourself a world of future headaches and buy a different set. Either that or get yourself a good extended warranty, as Westinghouse TVs are the worst in terms of reliability and repairs.
I've read this about several off brand models, so it can't be true for all of them, seeing only one can be the worst. I know there was a brand on Amazon that I saw multiple reviews that their tv's picture lasted just over the 30 day time frame to return it.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by htka View Post
I've read this about several off brand models, so it can't be true for all of them, seeing only one can be the worst. I know there was a brand on Amazon that I saw multiple reviews that their tv's picture lasted just over the 30 day time frame to return it.
there's a lot that tie for the worst....

coby, insignia, westinghouse, emerson, those are all crap brands with cheapo parts.... even phillips and RCA are just BARELY above those brands

personally if it ain't Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, LG or Mits I would buy an extended warranty. except for them almost nobody makes a reliable tv anymore.

Last edited by wormraper; 11-21-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
Expert Member

Feb 2008
North Canton, Ohio

hmmmm, I have a 60" 3D LG for the living room and a 42" Insignia for my workout room and a 32" Vizio in our bedroom. While the LG is the best in terms of pic quality and features, I am quite impressed with the Insignia. The Vizio is fine as well although I wish I would have gotten a bigger model. I know Insignia is the Best Buy brand but I hadn't heard they were poorly made TV's. For what I paid for both the Insignia and Vizio a year ago when I bought them I am happy.
My Set-Up: Epson 5020UB Full 3D Projector on a 120" screen and 7.1 Earthquake surround sound Complete with Outlaw Audio Pre-Amp and Amp.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #6
Special Member

Dec 2010

Insignia does suck for sound and time it takes to turn on and change channels.

I regret having my mom buy one, but it was the cheapest for the size at the time.

I have a 50" panasonic that has been pretty good and a 32" vizio with 3D. Only bought the 32" because I didn't want to invest too much if the theatre 3D wasn't good.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
Power Member

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
there's a lot that tie for the worst....

coby, insignia, westinghouse, emerson, those are all crap brands with cheapo parts.... even phillips and RCA are just BARELY above those brands

personally if it ain't Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, LG or Mits I would buy an extended warranty. except for them almost nobody makes a reliable tv anymore.

I have had nothing but good things with Sharp. I know they have had their banding issues in the past, but they do right by people. Sometimes a few models will be problematic. But that doesn't speak to the whole of the company. Its how a company resolves the problem that sticks in my mind. When I had my banding issue on my 52" Sharp reached out to a local av repair shop that was authorized to make the repairs...... he accessed the service menu calibrated the set etc regardless of what he did to it the banding would come back or remain evident......Sharp replaced my TV. Same size newer model sans banding.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #8
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxbfly View Post
I have had nothing but good things with Sharp. I know they have had their banding issues in the past, but they do right by people. Sometimes a few models will be problematic. But that doesn't speak to the whole of the company. Its how a company resolves the problem that sticks in my mind. When I had my banding issue on my 52" Sharp reached out to a local av repair shop that was authorized to make the repairs...... he accessed the service menu calibrated the set etc regardless of what he did to it the banding would come back or remain evident......Sharp replaced my TV. Same size newer model sans banding.
yup, forgot about sharp, they along with Toshiba are decent mid level brands.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #9

Jan 2011

I absolutely love my sharp
Old 11-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007

I absolutely love my Vizio 42" theater 3D Tv that I bought for my bedroom. When I need to get another TV for the living room I am going with either Vizio,LG, Sharp or Panasonic. On the topic of Westinghouse TV's Yeah they suck I work the return desk at Target and this very Tv that was on sale for Black Friday I have seen 2 of them returned already as of yesterday which was Sunday...So that alone speaks volumes for the quality of the TV
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Electronics Deals