Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$55.95
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
McLintock! (Blu-ray)
$10.20
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #361
Moviefan1203 Moviefan1203 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Moviefan1203's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
82
6
43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Haha I know man. We got Einstein up in here dissecting the show lol. I really like the show as well. Reading some of these replys crack me up. Cats trying to breakdown the use of electricity haha. Got Em!!
I'm just glad the ratings are good. That's the lifeblood of a network TV show.
Toronto Blue Jays 83-79
Miami Hurricanes 5-3
Buffalo Bills 4-3
Buffalo Sabres 1-7-0
Indiana Pacers 0-0
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #362
Silo5 Silo5 is offline
Power Member
 
Feb 2008
-
1
Default

I'm new to Revolution, but I've been hearing a lot of good reviews of this series lately. I want to start at the beginning, so I downloaded the pilot episode from iTunes. I'm having a *&^%$^ of a time trying to actually watch it all the way through without it stopping. Is there any other alternative for finding the episodes to watch? I checked Hulu, but it starts at episode 4. I would love to get caught up with this series during the hiatus.

Also, I apologize if this has already been asked here, but I didn't want to read through the thread and get "spoiled" before I had a chance to watch.
I looked up the phrase 'Getting It Done' in the dictionary and it said, "See Marvel Cinematic Universe 2008-present".
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #363
CZAR CZAR is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali
73
1
4
Send a message via Yahoo to CZAR
Default

Another good episode last night. I knew
[Show spoiler]Nora's sister was up to sumthin.
Looks like we are in for a big showdown in the near future. Got Em!!
"Quinton is IN....let the fun BEGIN" - Can't Buy Me Love
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:42 AM   #364
Anthony P Anthony P is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel_thai View Post
The pendants have to be an unaffected power source, not the thing that inhibits the electricity from working.
agree, or at least a conduit

Quote:
Why getting them will allow them to turn the power back on is the question.
don't forget that is what Monroe believes. We still don't know if it is true (and why didn't the group use them if they could). On the other hand it might be an indirect way (what I mean is that if we assume there is a machine that stops electricity somewhere maybe they can be used to triangulate its position)

Quote:
If they were on all the time then I could see them being both the inhibitor and a power source.
or even useful (i.e. take the pendent into a helicopter to use it to attack, put it at the water station to pump water to everyone.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:14 AM   #365
kernel_thai kernel_thai is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
kernel_thai's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
106
Default

Most interesting part was Grace and the Secretary of Evil.

Worst ambush eva!

The twist wasnt handled badly (even tho I was thinkin the same thing). What happened to Cassie made it believable tho.

Nitpick of the week...I noticed Charlie was no longer carrying her crossbow so u can be damn sure it wont suddenly reappear...yeah, right.
32" Sharp Aquos LCD, 46" Samsung LN46C670 LCD
Tivo HD DVR, Onkyo TX-SR606, Sony BDP-550, Toshiba HD-A35

FOX, the network so dumb it should be called OX

Machete don't text.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #366
djgeneral djgeneral is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
djgeneral's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Michigan
518
232
9
74
Default

No one talking about the mid-season finale? Must not have been that good.

I haven't watched it yet, watching later tonight or tomorrow.

Anyways, here is what the NBC Entertainment Chair said today:

– On Revolution taking a break from December to March: The hiatus allows Revolution to remain paired with The Voice and for episodes to run straight through nine weeks without repeats. “The first episode back completely turns the story in a really significant way and sends the second half of the season off in a new trajectory, which is exciting,” Greenblatt says. The network is also has some unannounced Revolution news up its sleeve, probably digital content, to help keep the show alive during its hiatus.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #367
rashad30 rashad30 is offline
Expert Member
 
Jul 2011
40
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
No one talking about the mid-season finale? Must not have been that good.

I haven't watched it yet, watching later tonight or tomorrow.
The mid-season finale is next week.

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #368
R3P0 R3P0 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default

Yeah last episode was good. Cant wait to see what the finale does.
83+12 = 6 Congrats to the 2014 NFL Hall of Fame Class

2014 Detroit Tigers 90-72 AL Central Champs
2014 Detroit Red Wings 0-0
2014 Detroit Lions 3-1
2014 MSU Spartans Football 3-1 #9
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:40 AM   #369
Omen2002 Omen2002 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Omen2002's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
PA
366
707
Default

What seemed a bit off in this last ep was
[Show spoiler]the running out of oxygen bit. The area seemed to be fairly long and not cut off in sections or something yet they were running out of oxygen. Then suddenly they are closer to the outside and can get air again, as if the air only travels so far and stops.


Other then that, I thought the ep was alright.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #370
kernel_thai kernel_thai is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
kernel_thai's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
106
Default

I liked the ep but the usual complaints still hold. Oh, and u can add breathing to the list of concepts the writers on this show dont quite understand.
32" Sharp Aquos LCD, 46" Samsung LN46C670 LCD
Tivo HD DVR, Onkyo TX-SR606, Sony BDP-550, Toshiba HD-A35

FOX, the network so dumb it should be called OX

Machete don't text.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:07 AM   #371
Anthony P Anthony P is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omen2002 View Post
What seemed a bit off in this last ep was
[Show spoiler]the running out of oxygen bit. The area seemed to be fairly long and not cut off in sections or something yet they were running out of oxygen. Then suddenly they are closer to the outside and can get air again, as if the air only travels so far and stops.
yeah
Quote:
Other then that, I thought the ep was alright.
I felt the whole mines stuff was also contrived (Miles is supposed to be showing the way but Charlie was in front, then Nora can easily mark all the mines in a path we are later told is regularly taken by the militia) as well as there is an unguarded door at the other end.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #372
BluPayne4400 BluPayne4400 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
BluPayne4400's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
Tampa Bay,FL
26
41
Default

Charlie almost dying twice last episode made it that much better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #373
kernel_thai kernel_thai is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
kernel_thai's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
106
Default

All my complaints about the writing aside, the worst thing about the show is I only care about two characters (Charlie and Nora). Is it just me or do they write every other character so u cant possibly like them?
32" Sharp Aquos LCD, 46" Samsung LN46C670 LCD
Tivo HD DVR, Onkyo TX-SR606, Sony BDP-550, Toshiba HD-A35

FOX, the network so dumb it should be called OX

Machete don't text.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:28 AM   #374
Omen2002 Omen2002 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Omen2002's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
PA
366
707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
yeah

I felt the whole mines stuff was also contrived (Miles is supposed to be showing the way but Charlie was in front, then Nora can easily mark all the mines in a path we are later told is regularly taken by the militia) as well as there is an unguarded door at the other end.
Good point and you're right. It didn't make sense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:33 AM   #375
Anthony P Anthony P is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel_thai View Post
All my complaints about the writing aside, the worst thing about the show is I only care about two characters (Charlie and Nora). Is it just me or do they write every other character so u cant possibly like them?
considering many people wish that Charlie would go away I think they will disagree with you.

Personally I find Charlie is written as a dumb self-righteous brat. Constantly doing what she wants with no thought of consequences.

I find i like Miles and Nora more.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:39 AM   #376
Omen2002 Omen2002 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Omen2002's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
PA
366
707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
considering many people wish that Charlie would go away I think they will disagree with you.

Personally I find Charlie is written as a dumb self-righteous brat. Constantly doing what she wants with no thought of consequences.

I find i like Miles and Nora more.
Charlie seems like she should only be like 18 years old or so right? From my own past experience, that seems normal. lol I was a dumbass when I was that age. You think you know it all, etc. when really, you know nothing yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #377
kernel_thai kernel_thai is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
kernel_thai's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
106
Default

i dont mind the way Charlie is written, I just think she could be acted better. The only two character who have much layering to them r Nora and Major Tom (insert ground control joke here). The rest seemed to be designed not to be liked. It's hard supporting an action show where the good guys r just as bad as the bad guys.
32" Sharp Aquos LCD, 46" Samsung LN46C670 LCD
Tivo HD DVR, Onkyo TX-SR606, Sony BDP-550, Toshiba HD-A35

FOX, the network so dumb it should be called OX

Machete don't text.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #378
Omen2002 Omen2002 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Omen2002's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
PA
366
707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel_thai View Post
i dont mind the way Charlie is written, I just think she could be acted better. The only two character who have much layering to them r Nora and Major Tom (insert ground control joke here). The rest seemed to be designed not to be liked. It's hard supporting an action show where the good guys r just as bad as the bad guys.
Well, we're on the outside looking in, watching 2 sides fighting for control of the country. I expect the lines of good and bad to be very blurred at times. Now, the Resistance may not exactly be fighting for control, but they might as well be cause if the militia and their whole regime become decimated, someone else is going to seek control.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:49 AM   #379
kernel_thai kernel_thai is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
kernel_thai's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
106
Default

I wasnt really talking about the resistance and the militia r the bad guys so that's ok. Miles is painted as the flawed anti-hero and if he were the only one Id be ok with that too. Instead u get Aaron, rich guy who lost his money and who basically abandoned his wife for her own good. Hard to warm up to him. Danny is a sympathetic character who I have no sympathy for. And Rachel is worst of all. She leaves her family 15 years ago (who knows why?) and ends up the well treated prisoner while her loved ones go thru who knows what. Then she rats out all her co-conspirators. Now shes screwed Dr Jaffey () to save her own neck and her son's. Plus they kill Charlie's dad, the only decent member of the family five minutes into the story. Not to mention they caused a global disaster and a social collapse to stop the government from making their discovery into a weapon! What could the government have done worse?
32" Sharp Aquos LCD, 46" Samsung LN46C670 LCD
Tivo HD DVR, Onkyo TX-SR606, Sony BDP-550, Toshiba HD-A35

FOX, the network so dumb it should be called OX

Machete don't text.

Last edited by kernel_thai; 11-23-2012 at 02:51 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:06 AM   #380
Omen2002 Omen2002 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Omen2002's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
PA
366
707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel_thai View Post
I wasnt really talking about the resistance and the militia r the bad guys so that's ok. Miles is painted as the flawed anti-hero and if he were the only one Id be ok with that too. Instead u get Aaron, rich guy who lost his money and who basically abandoned his wife for her own good. Hard to warm up to him. Danny is a sympathetic character who I have no sympathy for. And Rachel is worst of all. She leaves her family 15 years ago (who knows why?) and ends up the well treated prisoner while her loved ones go thru who knows what. Then she rats out all her co-conspirators. Now shes screwed Dr Jaffey () to save her own neck and her son's. Plus they kill Charlie's dad, the only decent member of the family five minutes into the story. Not to mention they caused a global disaster and a social collapse to stop the government from making their discovery into a weapon! What could the government have done worse?
Ahh lol Yeah, Miles is the character now looking for redemption. Aaron... what he did bailing on his wife was pretty bad. But if you look at it from his POV, he didn't feel like he had any choice. It seems she wouldn't have been ok with him taking off. Yet if they had moved a bit faster and not goofed around, they wouldn't of gotten attacked that last time, right before he left. They were with a group IIRC, so they could of been alright. So that kinda doesn't make total sense to me. He seems to want to do good. Just feels inept. Danny I know nothing about really and not too interested in him. Rachel had a reason for leaving the family but I forget what it was. She was supposed to be coming back. I can only assume she was snatched up and couldn't get back. I don't understand why she ratted people out and such though. I get why she stabbed the guy and I can't blame her cause I would of done the same thing. My guess is she was actually building the amplifier and the Dr. didn't want her to so he said she was making a bomb. He seemed less inclined to help.

I don't know about them causing the disaster and such yet. I think there will be more to the story and I wouldn't count the government out of being involved. Their intention if I remember right was to create something to provide energy but it had worked differently, which seemed to interest the Storm of the Century baddie (dont feel like looking his name up). Now that guy has the kidnapped woman that was using a pendant to power her computer doing something. It seems like there's a 3rd party/group that we haven't seen much of yet... or at least that's how it looks to me and I could be totally wrong.

Anyhow, I don't disagree as far as not finding many characters likable. But that doesn't really bother me too much at this point. I was surprised when they killed that woman off.. forget her name too, the one that had pics of her kids on her phone. I thought hell they're gonna have nobody left the way they're going.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:17 PM.