Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Van Damme 5-Movie Action Pack (Blu-ray)
$45.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Sherlock: The Complete Seasons 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$136.29
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
My Darling Clementine (Blu-ray)
$25.75
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio

Old 08-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #41
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcarbel View Post
Thanks a bunch! You have given me some great choices to decide on. I read the last review and I like the comment about comfort since I will be wearing them for 2-3 hours for a movie so comfort is a must. So I think comfort and audio quality are my 2 highest concerns and it looks like these all fit the bill.
The ATH-M50 comes in 3 varieties. 2 blacks, 1 white (nice looking if you're into stylish things). The black ones come with either a straight cable or a spiraled one. Prices seem to vary a lot as the straight cable ones I included were $109 at that time. Worth checking.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:49 AM   #42

Aug 2012
Default Will RF wireless headphone transmitter affect Blu Ray player?

Hi. I'm new to the forum, and am unable to start new threads right now, so I sincerely apologize for going off-topic, but I have a couple headphone-related questions. If someone wants to PM or email me with the answers so as not to take over the thread, that would be greatly appreciated.

I have a pair of wireless headphones (Sony MDR-RF925RK---radio frequency), and they use a contactless electromagnetic induction method to charge. You just place the headphones on the transmitter cradle and they begin charging. I have the transmitter placed on top of my Blu Ray player (Panasonic DMP BDT-215) because that seems to be the only place that I don't hear annoyingly invasive high-pitched interference through the headphones. However, the manual warns not to place the transmitter near anything that can be affected by magnetism (due to the electromagnetic charging method). Will having the transmitter on or near my Blu Ray player affect it (the player) at all?

(On a side note, why am I getting that high-pitched interference? The interference seems to be loudest when the transmitter is on the floor, and seems to be quietest when it's resting on my Blu Ray player or TV. Is there a way I can eliminate this interference? I can't seem to figure out what might be causing it; my Blu Ray player has built-in WiFi, but ironically, the interference is least obtrusive when the transmitter is resting on the player.)

Thanks so much.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
The Great White North
Send a message via Yahoo to Glassroots

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
The ATH-M50 comes in 3 varieties. 2 blacks, 1 white (nice looking if you're into stylish things). The black ones come with either a straight cable or a spiraled one. Prices seem to vary a lot as the straight cable ones I included were $109 at that time. Worth checking.
I can vounch for that....for there price these are great speakers....deliver great bass as well. I use them as my main Headphone and also hook them up to my AV receiver for watching movies when it's late.

I highly recommend them.
Rest in Peace Paul.

PSN ID: glassroots

GO WINNIPEG JETS GO!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassroots View Post
I can vounch for that....for there price these are great speakers....deliver great bass as well. I use them as my main Headphone and also hook them up to my AV receiver for watching movies when it's late.

I highly recommend them.
happy you like yours, they are great for movie watching. In the same price range I would recommend the Fischer Audio FA-011 higher, as their mids and highs are better and bass is quicker, but they are almost impossible to purchase at those prices anymore. I guess once you get better known prices skyrocket.

easier to get, but way more expensive now from musicaacoustics still great cans at that price
Old 11-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #45

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassroots View Post

I highly recommend them.
I'm using mine right now. Some Spyro Gyra then some Lee Ritenour and right now Cassandra Wilson "Blue Light Til Dawn". They sound great with all these.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #46

Oct 2012
Default Best headphones on market bag for buck !!

Sennheiser CX 200 !! I have recommended them to several people and they come back to be blown away. The are $20 on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX2.../dp/B001EZUQ5E
Old 11-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #47

May 2011
St. Louis Area

I've been looking at two sets of cans within this same price range, but I'm really having a tough time picking one over the other based on the reviews I've read.

The two models are:
- Shure SRH440 ($95)
- Creative Aurvana Live ($100)

Does any of you guys have experience with either or both of these models? Any recommendations?
‎"Since you are about to die anyway, I may as well tell you the entire plot."
-Benedict, Last Action Hero
Old 11-23-2012, 01:54 AM   #48
Power Member

Mar 2009
Far Southside Chicago (Orland Park)

Anyone try these BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones?
Old 11-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluvette View Post
Anyone try these BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones?
I haven't but heard real good things about them, neutral sounding, not much coloration, if any. If you're interested in some you can save some $ and purchase their clone brothers (these are Chinese made cans sold to companies under their own brand, Brainwavz HM5 = Fischer Audio FA-003 = Jaycar Pro Monitors) Where they might slightly change is in what's included in the package. The Jaycar are Australian but only cost $50 (add $25 shipping or so). same headphones, just no fancy logo

Jaycar Pro Monitors

If you're in no hurry I should be getting mine in 2-4 weeks (still need to place my order though) But be advised that the Jaycars are popular in the headphone community since they are so cheap and tend to sell out fast and only come back in stock after a long while (unless Jaycar decided to order a bigger stock). Add to that that even the HM5 at around $150 is considered a great buy.

So my opinion, buy the Jaycars, for $75 shipped, even if you prefer a different type of sound they make a great pair of extras, having more than 1 pair is great fun, like switching speakers depending on your listening material.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #50
Power Member

Mar 2009
Far Southside Chicago (Orland Park)

Thanks buddy.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

So I ask this in another thread, but thought I would check here too. I'm looking for a wireless headphone set and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions that are around the $100-$150(max) range? I was at Best Buy yesterday and it looks like they only carry 2 models in store, a Sony and a Rocket Fish. I'm honestly just looking for something that I can sit in bed and watch a movie while the wife and boy are asleep.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Old 01-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #52
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluvette View Post
Thanks buddy.
Hey vette, got my Jaycars a little while ago and forgot to update. They are truly a very balanced monitor headphone. Very neutral with no weak point for the price. If you have a big head they might be tight a bit (I do) but the fit is so good that the pressure is well distributed. I can listen to them for hours. I would encourage you to get the Jaycars, nice carrying pouch (with form fitting foam), 1 extra set of pads, nice quality finish, most probably the best headphone out there for the price ($75 shipped, took 5 days through DHL). I catch myself using these more than my venerable vintage AKG K340 (which are in another class but somewhat sharp on the highs) I believe the Jaycars to be better balanced and totally non fatiguing to listen too. And at those prices you can't go wrong IMO
Old 03-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #53

Nov 2007

My decision is now between Audio Technica ATH-AD700 and Sennheiser HD 558

The ATH-AD700 can be had for $100 and I think represents the best deal and bang for buck. Not sure the extra $80 for the HD558 is justified for my occasional movie viewing.

Going to give both a listen
Sony KDS60A3000 SXRD 60" RP HDTV
Klipsch KLF-20, KLF-C7, RS-7
SVS 20-39PC subwoofer
Pioneer VSX-92TXH Elite, Onkyo TX-DS696 Receiver
Panasonic DMP-BD80 Blu-ray Player
OTA HD: Radio Shack VU-90XR Roof (All HD Chicago, including channel 2.1)
Omni1000LCD Battery/Surge
Old 09-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #54
AdamVincent1

Thanks a lot friends for sharing your useful tips and suggestions it would be very helpful for newbies like me..
Old 11-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #55

Jul 2013

Logitech G35 works fine I guess.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #56

Nov 2009
Deliverance Country

Jaycar's or V Moda M-80s for under $100 = winner winner chicken dinner
Old 11-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #57
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

I love the Sony V6

One very nice thing is they are fairly standard in production of AV so whenever I see "extra features" or studio footage of music and stuff like that, everyone is wearing them.

For example... I watch a lot of Pink Floyd videos and it's very common to see these in the studio footage or on stage (typically worn by who-ever is playing keyboards for example.)

Just grab a DVD with a making of feature and check out the people in production ... they always wear these... every time. I figure these are often used to make whatever I'm enjoying .. and they are under $100.

For example...

Roger Waters can afford anything.... but you see these whenever you see anyone in a studio.

Screw beats and Dr Dre ha ha.

-Brian
Blu Rays are Forever

Last edited by bhampton; 11-12-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #58

Nov 2009
Deliverance Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post
I love the Sony V6

One very nice thing is they are fairly standard in production of AV so whenever I see "extra features" or studio footage of music and stuff like that, everyone is wearing them.

For example... I watch a lot of Pink Floyd videos and it's very common to see these in the studio footage or on stage (typically worn by who-ever is playing keyboards for example.)

Just grab a DVD with a making of feature and check out the people in production ... they always wear these... every time. I figure these are often used to make whatever I'm enjoying .. and they are under $100.

Screw beats and Dr Dre ha ha.

-Brian
Those are classics and are especially good for the price (can get them for ~$60). The Sony 7506 are the almost exactly the same so get whichever is cheaper at the time.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #59

Nov 2009
Deliverance Country
Default For the price though nothing beats these

Around $20 at monoprice for the 8323 head phones

Old 11-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #60

Jul 2013
Default V-Moda - Crossfade LP's or M-80's

I own a DJ company have have a thing for headphones like most of us on this forum. I would say that overall for the money especially I would go with the V-Moda Crossfades. If you go to their site and select "Private Sale" you can buy like new refurbished units that are excellent and only $100 or so

http://v-moda.com/verified-crossfade-lp/

Good luck!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio