COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$62.99
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$24.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Bates Motel: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series (Blu-ray)
$64.96
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Once Upon a Time in America (Blu-ray)
$13.89
A-Channel: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
24: Live Another Day (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Vikings: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$22.99
American Horror Story: Coven (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Old 11-25-2012, 12:22 AM   #1

Sep 2010
Southampton, England
Default Urgent Help Needed: Philips bdp2500

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I couldn't find a specific 'help' section.

Basically, I turned the player on using the remote a few hours ago, and all it did was make the start up noise and show 'philips' in the front. It didn't do anything, nothing came up so I figured it just needed rebooting by switching it off at the mains. Well I was lazy and didn't get up to do that for a bit. Anyways, I've spent the last half hour trying to sort it out, I've tried switching the thing off and on several times but it just keeps not loading. The screen comes on when I switch to the correct HDMI (it's blue like the main menu usually is, but it doesn't have any commands or options, just a background), but again all the blu ray shows is 'Philips' which usually goes within a few seconds of starting, to loading or reading or whatever.

My main problem is there's a disc in there (which I was going to continue to watch) and the driver is spinning around like it usually is but nothing is responsive, I can't turn it off using the button, I can't eject/play/stop using the buttons on the thing or remote and as I said, I have no options to be able to do anything in the menu, it literally just freezes. I've unscrewed the shell pannel to reveal the inside but I'm completely ignorant as to what I can do after that haha.

In the unlikely event that anyone has had this problem before, does anyone have a solution for getting it to work? I've had it for several years (since about 09) and it's been fine, but I have never updated the software or whatever it is that people do (I've had no reason to) so I assume it might be a problem with that, but It's really frustrating me - it's not like I can go check settings or something. In additon, if anyone is aware of how to eject the disc manually, then please let me know. I will be emailing philips themselves but otherwise I have no idea what to do.

Sorry for the long post, but please if anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited by AddemFlood; 11-25-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #2

May 2007
Default Urgent help with Phillips bdp2500

It sounds like your main board is bad. you will probably need to send it in For repairs. I have an lg 690 unit that the main board went bad and they replaced it but it took almost a month. I would call Phillips about this.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
Chicago

Try hitting the eject button on either the panel or the remote with the unit powered down.

That might bypass all the load stuff and just open the tray.
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders