COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries: Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$30.99
Visitors (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Veep: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.49
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Stalingrad 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.49
Tim's Vermeer (Blu-ray)
$20.49
The Paradise: Season One (Blu-ray)
$22.49
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Seattle Seahawks: Road to XLVIII (Blu-ray)
$27.49
Double Indemnity (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Ranma : Set 1 (Blu-ray)
$39.29
Almost Human (Blu-ray)
$14.49
Old 11-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #1

Apr 2008
US - PA
Default Dayton audio vs emotiva cables

Ready to add some some interconnects to my Christmas list and needed some opinions from my fellows members. Any thoughts on Dayton Audio or Emotiva cables ?? Dayton appears to be slightly cheaper. I don't want to go with super cheap and can afford about $50 per 9-10 feet of cable. Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated.
TV: Samsung UN60ES7100 BD Player: Sony BDP-S590 Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1018
Speakers: Definitive Technology BP8B Fronts, Definitive Technology CS-8060HD Center, Definitive Technology SR-8080 Surrounds & Rear Surrounds SUB: BIC America F-12 & Sony SA-WM40
Remote: Logitech Harmony 550
Old 11-24-2012, 01:29 AM   #2

Dec 2011
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinokev View Post
Ready to add some some interconnects to my Christmas list and needed some opinions from my fellows members. Any thoughts on Dayton Audio or Emotiva cables ?? Dayton appears to be slightly cheaper. I don't want to go with super cheap and can afford about $50 per 9-10 feet of cable. Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated.
For me, personally, it would come down to which one is more visually appealing (though you probably won't have them anywhere you can see them, but that's just me). I own two pairs of the Dayton Audio RCA interconnets and one of the 6' Digital Coaxial (for my center since they don't sell an RCA version that short with just a single cable) and the build quality is very nice. Hefty, grabs and holds onto the jacks nicely, and just overall look great. Can't comment on how effective the shielding is or anything because I've never had issues with EMI/RMF, but I'm sure it's more than adequate (or maybe that's why I've never had issues? haha). Never owned the Emo's so can't comment on those, but I endorse the Dayton's. Good luck~
My Current Setup:
Receiver:
Onkyo TX-NR818 Amps: Crown XLS 1500 (Mains), Dayton Audio SA230 (Sub) Display: BenQ W1070 on Elite Screens Silver Frame series 84" Front L/R Speakers: Polk Audio Monitor 70's Center Speaker: Polk Audio CS2 Rear L/R Speakers: Polk Audio Monitor 30's Sub: 1 DIY 12 Inch Sealed sub Blu-Ray/Gaming/Music/TV: Custom built desktop computer
Old 11-25-2012, 03:26 AM   #3

Nov 2011
Montreal (Canada)

I've bought recently five Emotiva X Series digital coaxial RCAs to connect my receiver (onkyo 818) and my amplifier (emo xpa-5). I'm really satisfied about the finishing, the quality of the terminations and the shielding. They hold onto the jacks nicely too and and my system runs perfectly with them. A friend of mine bought two Emo X Series speaker interconnects for his fronts and he's reallys satisfied too.

Last edited by inikad; 11-25-2012 at 04:24 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #4

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick The Slick View Post
For me, personally, it would come down to which one is more visually appealing (though you probably won't have them anywhere you can see them, but that's just me). I own two pairs of the Dayton Audio RCA interconnets and one of the 6' Digital Coaxial (for my center since they don't sell an RCA version that short with just a single cable) and the build quality is very nice. Hefty, grabs and holds onto the jacks nicely, and just overall look great. Can't comment on how effective the shielding is or anything because I've never had issues with EMI/RMF, but I'm sure it's more than adequate (or maybe that's why I've never had issues? haha). Never owned the Emo's so can't comment on those, but I endorse the Dayton's. Good luck~
+1

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=181-605
Old 12-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #5

Jun 2011

Most Dayton items are very well made and more than worth their cost when they go on sale. Great even at their normal price which is typically lower than other brands. The only items I don't like from Dayton are their Class T amps which are poorly made internally. But their other items are excellent.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Audio Theory and Discussion