Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$98.45
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective / Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (Blu-ray)
$9.99
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
America: Imagine the World Without Her (Blu-ray)
$13.28
Star Trek: The Next Generation Motion Picture Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.21
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.98
Kung Fu Panda 2 (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Musketeers: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 11-23-2012, 02:43 AM   #81

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseeley View Post
Saw the 3d trailer for the rerelease finally and the conversion was JAW-DROPPING! Just about the ENTIRE preview was strong 3d and it looked almost like Jurassic Park had been shot in 3d! It was glorious!!!!
May i know where to watch the trailer in 3D?
PlayDangerous.com - DVD, Blu-ray & Collectibles
Old 11-23-2012, 03:13 AM   #82
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiNd View Post
May i know where to watch the trailer in 3D?
I saw it when I saw Life of PI in 3d on Cinemark's XD screen
Old 11-23-2012, 05:13 AM   #83

Aug 2009

Quote:
oh...ic

PlayDangerous.com - DVD, Blu-ray & Collectibles
Old 11-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #84
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
That is cool you were able to see the trailer in theaters already for the 3D Jurassic Park. Thanks for the early review. Would you say it's almost or as good as Titanic's 3D conversion?

How was Life of Pi's 3D, and the movie? Good, great, so so?
Old 11-25-2012, 05:20 AM   #85
Power Member

Mar 2009
Monrovia, CA

When I went to go see it with Life of Pi it looked really flat... Hopefully my theater was just playing the trailer in 2D by mistake.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #86

Feb 2012
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenostalgia23 View Post
When I went to go see it with Life of Pi it looked really flat... Hopefully my theater was just playing the trailer in 2D by mistake.
I'm a little worried because Speilberg seems to have the same mindset that Lucas had in regards to 3D. Keep it all behind the screen and low parallax. Apparently George has changed his attitude with this kind of 3D use on the Episode II conversion, but I'm a little sad that Steven may still be of that mindset.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #87
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainhurt View Post
I'm a little worried because Speilberg seems to have the same mindset that Lucas had in regards to 3D. Keep it all behind the screen and low parallax. Apparently George has changed his attitude with this kind of 3D use on the Episode II conversion, but I'm a little sad that Steven may still be of that mindset.

It must have been 2d, cause the 3d I saw looked super strong and very much like Titanic's conversion imo
Old 11-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #88

Feb 2012
Canada

Quote:
It must have been 2d, cause the 3d I saw looked super strong and very much like Titanic's conversion imo
I hope it shows up on youtube 3D soon. I never get to see trailers at the cinema in 3D, always in 2D
Old 11-27-2012, 04:53 AM   #89
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainhurt View Post
I hope not. I heard Spielberg's Tin Tin had just average 3D when he could have made it as strong as Hugo 3D if he wanted, but clearly played it safe.

The story about Lucas selling off the Star Wars franchise is pretty remarkable, as just last year he said he would never make another Star Wars movie, nor pass it on to anyone else. Thankfully he is open to changing his mind. He did admit that he won't make another one, suggesting everything he does these days is scrutinized and dismissed by his many critics, though he will be a story consultant on the hopefully 3D (and 2D version) Star Wars VII in 2015.

Quote:
Glad to hear it. Thanks. I was hoping it would have the strength of Titanic, and I agree, some screens don't present the 3D as well as others based on the projector settings and lighting in the theater.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:41 AM   #90

Apr 2011
Upstate New York

Fear not, this looked AMAZING on the 3D preview I saw at the head of PI. Much like Titanic and it's a native 16x9 frame too! It had very strong 3D in both depth and pop. Can't wait to see it!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:07 AM   #91
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfreddy View Post
Fear not, this looked AMAZING on the 3D preview I saw at the head of PI. Much like Titanic and it's a native 16x9 frame too! It had very strong 3D in both depth and pop. Can't wait to see it!
Cool. Looking forward to it. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #92
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
That is cool you were able to see the trailer in theaters already for the 3D Jurassic Park. Thanks for the early review. Would you say it's almost or as good as Titanic's 3D conversion?

How was Life of Pi's 3D, and the movie? Good, great, so so?
I need a rematch for life of PI. Great movie, but the 3d I'm not sure of yet, despite remembering some jawdropping pop outs. I had a headache at the midnight screening from trying to stay awake, which made judging the 3d harder for me

In regards to Jurassic park, I'm almost tempted to say its better than titanic(which is still an amazing conversion and the king of conversions right now) lol! I was truly floored and the conversion looks like it's really taking advantage of the 3d to heighten the tension of the chase scenes with strong depth. I was floored by the 3d honestly
Old 11-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #93
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Quote:
I need a rematch for life of PI. Great movie, but the 3d I'm not sure of yet, despite remembering some jawdropping pop outs. I had a headache at the midnight screening from trying to stay awake, which made judging the 3d harder for me

In regards to Jurassic park, I'm almost tempted to say its better than titanic(which is still an amazing conversion and the king of conversions right now) lol! I was truly floored and the conversion looks like it's really taking advantage of the 3d to heighten the tension of the chase scenes with strong depth. I was floored by the 3d honestly
Thanks mseeley. A headache definitely puts a damper on everything in life during those moments, the pain taking over. Glad you were still able to enjoy the story. The 3D trailer I saw looked conservative, but as mentioned in the Pi thread, they may have intentionally kept things diminished and then amped it up after that as was suggested.

Jurassic Park's 3D trailer I have to check out asap. I hope the dialog scenes are also strong 3D as they were in Titanic 3D. It was great to see Cameron didn't just go the easy route and do the bare minimum on the dialog scenes. He kept most of the 3D strong in most of the film. I hope that was an inspiration for Spielberg's conversion effort with JP3D.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #94
Special Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbrownst0ne View Post
come the fu** on steven!.. instead of spending so much money on converting them to 3d. Just make another goddamn jurassic park for us fans in NATIVE 3D!... i am sure alot of people would be really excited about that.
That'd also mean shooting on digital rather than on film. Its sad 'cause I really love the look of film. It has a romantic charm which Digitally shot movies lack. Because they look too buttery clear but not crisp and film-like. I guesss the reason is the colour and the grain!
There is another alternative of course- shooting on IMAX(film) with 3D rigs specifically designed for that format! But that's very expensive and I do not think Universal or Amblin would finance that Kind of an endeavour!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:26 AM   #95
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Kentucky

I hope they don't just put this in IMAX 3D but also in IMAX
Old 01-23-2013, 03:00 AM   #96
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamelessFanGirl View Post
I hope they don't just put this in IMAX 3D but also in IMAX
I hope they can also create a standard DCP of the film so some of the speciality large screens can present this in 7.1 surround sound.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:28 AM   #97
Special Member

Sep 2011

Jurassic Park 3D Blu Ray is announced, but no new documentaries, about the restoration, or anything else either! Universal really plays it cheap, look at what Warner does, or even Spielberg's other movies get the love, while Jurassic Park gets played as cheap as it could be played! They had to do a remaster, otherwise the 3D conversion wouldn't work, so they did that, and nothing more. Really sad! Would've been great to see a doc about the restoration, and a couple of deleted scenes as a special feature? But Universal once again plays cheap!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #98
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

I think we need a fourth Juarrasic Park 3D thread in this section.
Film=Priority,Packaging=Not really bothered.

I spent a lot of money on booze,bird's and fast cars.
The rest I just squandered...............George Best.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies