Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mama's Family: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$119.59
Connections (DVD)
$60.54
Burning Blue (DVD)
$12.96
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Lost Missions (DVD)
$24.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1-4 (DVD)
$44.99
Wings: The Complete Series (DVD)
$36.29
Carol Burnett Show: Ultimate Collection (DVD)
$149.49
Blue Bloods: The First Season (DVD)
$13.33
The Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$149.49
And So It Goes (DVD)
$12.96
Mary Poppins (DVD)
$14.96
Spenser For Hire: Season 1 (DVD)
$22.98
Starsky & Hutch: The Complete Series (DVD)
$39.08
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (DVD)
$19.99
Highway to Heaven: The Complete Series (DVD)
$29.74
Dark Shadows: The Complete Original Series (DVD)
$267.49
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 11-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #81
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Here's an unboxing/review. The discs look to all be separated from one another in individual slots or something, and they also included some foam on the roof of the wagon to protect it too.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Complete Classic Collection DVD Party Wagon Box Set Review - YouTube
lol he sounds just like the chick on bobs burgers I wish my voice sounded like that!
Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #82
Special Member

Jun 2011
Green Bay, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayjunkie View Post
Anyone looking forward to the new tmnt toon from nick??
The new series is utterly fantastic, 100% recommend for anyone who has any remote interest in the turtles.

The writing is as as top notch as the current slate of television cartoons has to offer. I enjoyed the recent TMNT movie, it had the heart of the franchise but lacked the soul. The new series definitely fixes that issue.

The humor is pitch perfect, on par and sometimes better than Gravity Falls and recent Spongebob.

The action is terrific and engaging, as good as the best in Tron Uprising and Iron Man Armored Adventures - and usually even better

The animation is unique and quite a revelation. A step ahead of other cg fair like The Penguins of Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda. I've never seen anything like it on television

The voice acting is as good as you can find with a great core cast and wonderful guest spots. They are casting as well as Spongebob and Gravity Falls and Tron Uprising
Old 11-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #83

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Discs were never repressed with fixes. Episodes like Planet of the Turtleoids will only be on the last disc (or season 10 dvd if buying separately). It is not included with future pressings of the season set that episode should belong to.
I was kinda referring to the season 10 episodes on the first season disc. But yeah, as long as those previously missing episodes are included, I'm not gonna complain - after all, the episodes are already out of order on the later seasons so you're gonna do a lot of disc swapping anyway if you actually want to watch them in proper order, right? Besides, do you have an alternative, besides VHS?

I think it's a lot more worthwhile gripe to point out that the entire season 2 is on a single disc.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:51 AM   #84
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
The Sewer

I opened my van last night and all the discs were out of their slots, at least 10 were wedged on top of each other. None had scratches which was shocking. The little foam insert look like a rat chewed on it. Other than some dust on the discs, everything looks fine. I was surprised the wheels rolled.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #85

Oct 2008
Toronto

I haven't bought a dvd in many years, but This collection is too good to pass up. The fact that it's all housed in the van makes it pretty cool to put on my shelf with all my blu-ray collection.

if I buy this and they end up releasing it on blu-ray that will suck lol
HT:

Projector: BenQ W1100 1080p
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-820-K
Blu-ray Player: Sony BDPS590
5.1 Speakers: Polk Audio In-Wall RC85i
Old 11-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #86
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

HEADS-UP Super amazing deal on this set. Using B&N's 30% off coupon you can get this set for $43.39

Use the code: T9P3E3W (expires TONIGHT)

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-...an=31398157533
Old 11-29-2012, 04:40 AM   #87
Power Member

Jan 2012
Bedford Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
HEADS-UP Super amazing deal on this set. Using B&N's 30% off coupon you can get this set for $43.39

Use the code: T9P3E3W (expires TONIGHT)

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-...an=31398157533
Damn, I would've bought it for that price.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:18 AM   #88
Special Member

Oct 2012
Sandy, Oregon USA

I had read yesterday that Lions Gate stopped making these sets after about 6 months. Now I want one and Amazon has only one set for $499.99

Is there anywhere else in the United States I could get one for much less?
My PSN ID: The_Edge_1980
Nissen's Back to the Future Retro VHS BD custom covers I've commisioned can be found HERE
A biopic worthy of being in your collection: Control (2007)
WEED IS DUMB.
Don't bother criticizing how I post, because I couldn't care less what you think about how I do things. I've got no time for Internet Nazis or Sheldon Cooper-like people.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:24 AM   #89
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
I had read yesterday that Lions Gate stopped making these sets after about 6 months. Now I want one and Amazon has only one set for $499.99

Probably not, short of stumbling across a retailer that never fully sold their stock out of sheer dumb luck. At this point you'd just be better off buying the individual season sets.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:36 PM   #90
Special Member

Aug 2011
Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge View Post

Very doubtful. I wanted this set too. I guess they stopped putting it out due to the van. I would buy the single releases, but I'm so damn picky about my packing I refuse to. I think they should re-release the complete series without the van though, in some time of DVD packing that would be easier for them to put out.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:40 PM   #91
Expert Member

Feb 2009

I too missed out on this - would LOVE a re-package. I don't care about the van, I just want all the seasons in one set.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #92

Dec 2010

I'm surprised there has been no word on releasing the complete series in a normal box. You can still find all the volumes but I prefer a nice single box to case the series.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #93

Oct 2011
USA

Count me as another who missed out on this set. Been searching for it for months with no luck. The asking prices are insane...definitely can't see myself shelling out over $400 for a DVD set, no matter how much I want to buy it.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:31 PM   #94
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

I took matter into my own hands. I bought the individual sets as they came out. As nice as the series set was, the van packaging didn't offer much protection for the discs. I used a couple of 12-disc DVD cases to make a complete series set.

Thanks given by:
hpDeskjet600C (05-28-2014), Me-Hostage (07-13-2014), MifuneFan (07-19-2014)
Old 05-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #95

Aug 2010

Dude, awesome job on that packaging! I've been buying the '87 Turtles releases since they first started coming out (I can't believe how long they dragged out those releases lol), and they take up a LOT of shelf space.

Seasons 1 and 2 were fine, but then they spaced out season 3 over four volumes, season 4 was in an unnecessarily thick case (at least you can remove the plastic face cover, still too thick though), season 5 came in another unnecessarily thick package (though I have to admit, the pizza box style box IS pretty cool ), season 6 was fine, then they separated season 7 into four separate releases (which, if I had known the single season would've come out so soon after, I would've waited, but even then it's in another unnecessarily thick case!), but then seasons 8-10 were normal.

I actually bought the recently-released season 3-as-one-volume just to help clear up some shelf space. But I can't bring myself to spend the money to get the single-volume release of season 7 lol.

/rant over
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Thanks given by:
Dynamo of Eternia (07-27-2014)
Old 05-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #96

Oct 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
I took matter into my own hands. I bought the individual sets as they came out. As nice as the series set was, the van packaging didn't offer much protection for the discs. I used a couple of 12-disc DVD cases to make a complete series set.
Whoa! Gotta echo rexcrk, those sets you made are incredible. Very eye-catching. You're obviously a dedicated Turtle fan.
Thanks given by:
Old 05-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #97

Aug 2010

I love the use of the old-school VHS artwork on your sets, very cool. I thought it was so cool that Lionsgate decided to use it for new season 3 DVD, that was one of the main reasons I didn't mind re-buying it
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Thanks given by:
Old 07-01-2014, 03:18 PM   #98

Feb 2011

Press release says the "Party Van" collection is coming back:

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/toonz...dvd-title.html
Thanks given by:
jwerk (07-01-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 05:01 AM   #99
Special Member

Aug 2011
Missouri

Quote:

Can you share what printer and program you use? I would love to make some covers, but nothing I could ever do would ever be that good!

As for the van re-release, nice. Not sure if I would pick it up unless the price dropped some.
Thanks given by:
Old 07-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #100
Expert Member

Jul 2009

Quote:

I love the way this looks, you did an amazing job on this.
TV Sony 40" 1080P KDL-40SL150
SOUND SYSTEM DENON 2313CI
SPEAKERS KLIPSCH RC500 CENTER CHANNEL
KLIPSCH RF600B TOWERS KLIPSCH RS400 SURROUNDS
SUB SVS PB-1000
BLU-RAY PLAYER PS3 120GB Slim With 1 1TB EXTERNAL HD & 1 2TB EXTERNAL HD
BLU-RAYS 386 & Counting
200 Blu-Ray's Collection Milestone Aug 31, 2011
Thanks given by:
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies