COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Eraserhead (Blu-ray)
$27.33
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.80
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Machinist (Blu-ray)
$6.94
Stargate: The Ark of Truth / Continuum (Blu-ray)
$16.19
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Inside Job (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Just Go With It (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Fair Lady (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Old 01-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Default Adventure Time

THE best new animated show that no one knows (or so it seems). It's ridiculously "high," weird, dark, inappropriate, and imaginative. It's currently in it's second season on Cartoon Network. For those who want to give it a try, check out the episode "Evicted" to get a taste. Other great episodes are: "Memories of Boom Boom Mountain," "Wizard," "Freak City," "It Came from the Nightosphere," "The Other Tarts," "Rainy Day Daydream," "Dungeon," and "Slumber Party Panic."
Old 01-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
St Louis Area

I have seen some episodes and like it enough to watch it if I catch it on. However I am a bigger fan of Regular Show. If you have not seen it check it out, as if you like adventure time you may like it.
If I go missing for a time, fear not, I am traveling with The Doctor. The 11th Doctor, Matt Smith.

Twitter: @freenumber6
Old 01-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
Power Member

Oct 2008

I really enjoy Adventure Time. When I first watched it I just dismissed it as dumb but after watching a couple of episodes completely I was hooked. I love it when he gives Jake a pound and always has some sort of callsign for it. For example, when Jake's girlfriend, Lady Rainicorn, wanted to help them find the voicebox translator, Finn was apprehensive about having her come along saying she was too sweet for dangerous adventure. Jake convinces him it's okay and Finn says "Okay, Trust Pound!" and then they bump fists. It's brilliant stuff.

Regular Show is something else as well. I love how the show is pretty much entirely dialogue-driven. I've only seen two episodes: The one with the giant talking coffee bean and the one where Rigby gets Margaret to go with him to see Zombie Dinner Party. I'm hooked on this as well and have programed my DVR to record it every week. OOOOOOHH!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011

I do watch Regular Show. This and Adventure Time make a great double-feature. I just like Adventure Time more because Regular Show's "weirdness" seems a bit forced at times and the former is consistently crazier and funnier.
BLU-RAY WISHLIST: Before Trilogy | The Circus | Cure | The Decalogue | Departures | It's Such a Beautiful Day | Linda Linda Linda | The Man Who Planted Trees | Mon Oncle d'Amérique | My Sassy Girl | The Red Balloon | Roman Holiday | Woman in the Dunes

TOP 10 OF 2014: Boyhood | The Raid 2 | Guardians of the Galaxy | X-Men: DoFP | We Are the Best! | Life Itself | The Double | Edge of Tomorrow | Eleanor Rigby: Them | Godzilla
Old 07-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011

Season Premiere today!

What time is it??
BLU-RAY WISHLIST: Before Trilogy | The Circus | Cure | The Decalogue | Departures | It's Such a Beautiful Day | Linda Linda Linda | The Man Who Planted Trees | Mon Oncle d'Amérique | My Sassy Girl | The Red Balloon | Roman Holiday | Woman in the Dunes

TOP 10 OF 2014: Boyhood | The Raid 2 | Guardians of the Galaxy | X-Men: DoFP | We Are the Best! | Life Itself | The Double | Edge of Tomorrow | Eleanor Rigby: Them | Godzilla
Old 11-09-2011, 02:45 AM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011

Did anyone here watch the latest one, Beautopia? I can't believe they got away with all of those. The naked woman painting, the penis, "ball sacks"... Lol... This show is so awesome.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:51 AM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
St Louis Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvince View Post
Did anyone here watch the latest one, Beautopia? I can't believe they got away with all of those. The naked woman painting, the penis, "ball sacks"... Lol... This show is so awesome.
I did not see it, but it is amazing what they get away with for a kids show. It is an awesome show.
If I go missing for a time, fear not, I am traveling with The Doctor. The 11th Doctor, Matt Smith.

Twitter: @freenumber6
Old 10-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #8

Jun 2012

I love ADVENTURE TIME, have a lot of episodes DVR-ed and watch them with my stepson all the time. MY question is this......

Why aren't they being released on Blu-ray? Those lucky people who have Cartoon Network in HD can watch them in HD. My cable provider doesn't offer CN in HD.

Anyway, the show came out in the middle of Blu-ray and it has now taken off like wildfire, why is it only on DVD? I'm getting rid of all my DVD's. I want it on Blu-ray so I can finally watch in in HD like it was meant to be watched.

Does anyone know if this will be released on Blu?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
Banned

Oct 2012
B.P.R.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvince View Post
I do watch Regular Show. This and Adventure Time make a great double-feature. I just like Adventure Time more because Regular Show's "weirdness" seems a bit forced at times and the former is consistently crazier and funnier.
The Amazing World of Gumball is pretty funny too
Old 10-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #10
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewsick75 View Post
I love ADVENTURE TIME, have a lot of episodes DVR-ed and watch them with my stepson all the time. MY question is this......

Why aren't they being released on Blu-ray? Those lucky people who have Cartoon Network in HD can watch them in HD. My cable provider doesn't offer CN in HD.

Anyway, the show came out in the middle of Blu-ray and it has now taken off like wildfire, why is it only on DVD? I'm getting rid of all my DVD's. I want it on Blu-ray so I can finally watch in in HD like it was meant to be watched.

Does anyone know if this will be released on Blu?
My guess is Cartoon Network doesn't see much of a point in putting their shows on Blu-ray when they believe most of their sales would be towards the DVD version and thinking they won't sell enough on Blu-ray.

I think there's only like a few Cartoon Network releases on Blu-ray(excluding ones from like Cartoon Network's Adult Swim shows), but i'm more referring to shows that were made by Cartoon Network.
IGN and RPGamer- Ar tonelico II Best PS2 Game Award for 2009
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel out now

Old 10-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #11

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
My guess is Cartoon Network doesn't see much of a point in putting their shows on Blu-ray when they believe most of their sales would be towards the DVD version and thinking they won't sell enough on Blu-ray.

I think there's only like a few Cartoon Network releases on Blu-ray(excluding ones from like Cartoon Network's Adult Swim shows), but i'm more referring to shows that were made by Cartoon Network.

I know what you're saying but Adventure Time is really starting to blow up. It's everywhere. I bet it's the most watched show on the channel. If they don't put it on blu-ray than they are really not thinking.
Good Ole Blu-ray.com where Slipcovers and Steelbooks matter more than the movies inside.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #12
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewsick75 View Post
I know what you're saying but Adventure Time is really starting to blow up. It's everywhere. I bet it's the most watched show on the channel. If they don't put it on blu-ray than they are really not thinking.
Cartoon Network barely thinks anymore. But I am glad that they brought back some of their old series for this 20th birthday thing that they've been celebrating for the past few months and even brought back Toonami.
IGN and RPGamer- Ar tonelico II Best PS2 Game Award for 2009
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel out now

Old 10-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #13

Aug 2012

I watched some episodes of this one because of my kid

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #14

Aug 2012

Season 5 just started last Monday I think.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #15

Aug 2012

The last episode of Season 5 was just aired a few days ago. Season 6 is coming up!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk 2
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television