Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Vikings: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Blood: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99

22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 11-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #581

Sep 2012
United kingdom, Galifrey, a time travelling banana powered motorcycle shopping trolley

It really does! I think i'll get the triple play batman begins/dark knight set from hmv next week so when my dark knight rises arrives i'l have the whole set!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #582
Special Member

Oct 2011
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClane29 View Post
Can anyone please confirm whether the basic UK amaray edition will be accompanied by a slipcover?

I have 'Begins' and 'TDK' with slips, so really hoping to complete the collection. Thanks for any info.
It hasn't been confirmed yet (and might not be until they show up in stores). However, I'd say it's pretty likely.

The US got a lenticular slip, so that'd be nice.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:01 AM   #583
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2008
Bristol, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
The US BD of Dark Knight Rises actually looks quite good next to the Batman Begins/Dark Knight double pack

[Show spoiler]
yeah but I will have the steely which will be odd one out next to amrays of the double pack.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:09 AM   #584

Aug 2011
Trondheim, Norway

Anyone else see a review of this in this weeks Total Film? Extras: Extended edition. Just me? Why did they print that, I got all excited for a second. I guess if that were true we'd know by now as some people already have their copies
Old 11-24-2012, 01:24 AM   #585
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorwireRyan View Post
Anyone else see a review of this in this weeks Total Film? Extras: Extended edition. Just me? Why did they print that, I got all excited for a second. I guess if that were true we'd know by now as some people already have their copies
no didn't see it. but know for a while now that there is no extended edition
Old 11-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #586
Special Member

Oct 2011
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorwireRyan View Post
At 165 minutes, the movie is already about as extended as necessary!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #587
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aequalszero View Post
At 165 minutes, the movie is already about as extended as necessary!
I'd disagree. We all know examples of films where cut footage being reinstated made the film flow better, and actualy seem shorter in the watching. In Dark Knight Rises, there were several sequences that gave me the impression of having been edited down after the film had been assembled, so that some of the action and screen geography became unclear. And there were other scenes that ... well, I didn't think they were very convincing in their arcs. I was surprised at how awkward and laborious the film seemed, and I think the film as a whole could be improved and have a better build of suspense with some judicious choices in restoring footage.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #588

Sep 2012
United kingdom, Galifrey, a time travelling banana powered motorcycle shopping trolley
United Kingdom

Can't believe its only one week on monday til the dark knight rises comes to blu ray in the UK!!! I think i'll buy the first two nolan batman films as i don't have them on blu ray (i do on dvd) Are they worth picking up? hmv have the triple pay set for 14.99.Is the pq and audio good on them? I know that TDKR will probably sound better due to it's HD master track.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #589

Jun 2012

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but does anyone know if The Dark Knight Rises will have the same cover and slip in HMV as the rerelease ones? The white ones they brought out. I hope so, as a nice white cover with Bane would make my set look complete.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #590
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowat2012 View Post
Sorry if this has been mentioned before but does anyone know if The Dark Knight Rises will have the same cover and slip in HMV as the rerelease ones? The white ones they brought out. I hope so, as a nice white cover with Bane would make my set look complete.
No those re releases were a one off. They were the same design as the Japanese steelbooks but for some reason no one in the UK wanted to release them as a steelbook or digibook. So we got a slip instead.
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Expendables 3 SB|Sin City 2 SB|Lion King 3D SB|TMNT 3D SB|Evangelion 3.33|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE
PS4|PS3 Slim(1TB HDD)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #591
Special Member

Oct 2008
United Kingdom

If I decide just to get the Normal Edition, I may well use Shopto, although I usually associate them with Games, their service is Excellent and the chances of getting it early are Fairly High.

http://www.shopto.net/bluray/BLUTH06...k-knight-rises
Old 11-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #592
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkblack View Post
If I decide just to get the Normal Edition, I may well use Shopto, although I usually associate them with Games, their service is Excellent and the chances of getting it early are Fairly High.

http://www.shopto.net/bluray/BLUTH06...k-knight-rises
Or just use Play? It's 15 and 90% of the time it arrives Saturday.
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Expendables 3 SB|Sin City 2 SB|Lion King 3D SB|TMNT 3D SB|Evangelion 3.33|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE
PS4|PS3 Slim(1TB HDD)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #593
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulson96 View Post
Can't believe its only one week on monday til the dark knight rises comes to blu ray in the UK!!! I think i'll buy the first two nolan batman films as i don't have them on blu ray (i do on dvd) Are they worth picking up? hmv have the triple pay set for 14.99.Is the pq and audio good on them? I know that TDKR will probably sound better due to it's HD master track.
They are decent enough but really could do with new transfer as Batman Begins is just a port of the HD-DVD and Dark Knight used an IMAX print with the 35mm footage having baked in DNR and EE.

The audio on all 3 is fantastic though be in TrueHD on the first 2 and DTS-HD on Rises.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #594

Sep 2012
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
They are decent enough but really could do with new transfer as Batman Begins is just a port of the HD-DVD and Dark Knight used an IMAX print with the 35mm footage having baked in DNR and EE.

The audio on all 3 is fantastic though be in TrueHD on the first 2 and DTS-HD on Rises.
Thanks for the advice! I think i will though as i'd like to have all 3 when rises comes!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #595
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2008
Bristol, UK

I agree TDK can be improved. The IMAX scenes look AMAZING but rest is average.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #596
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
UK

There is no difference between TrueHD and MA (they are just compression codecs, think of WinRaR and Winzip, both produce the same Word document when unzipped). The difference you hear is the mix.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #597

Sep 2012
Question Conundrum

I have already pre ordered TDKR from play.com but still have time to cancel.I have neither batman begins or the dark knight blu ray and was thinking of getting the triple play of them from hmv, so i have all 3 when TDKR arrives. Then i heard about the trilogy boxset that comes with all three and a book about the trilogy.After research i discovered the book is meerley an excerpt from the book (the art and making of the dark knight trilogy).So my question is should I cancel my dark knight rises and pre order the boxset despite the book not being complete or go with my original plan?

Advice would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #598
Banned

Jan 2010

Decided to cancel my order for the steelbook and just get the regular version. Hoping to watch next Saturday, and it is guranteed the steelbook will not arrive from HMV, so ordered with Play. Plus it will fit in with the other two, anyway.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #599
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulson96 View Post
I have already pre ordered TDKR from play.com but still have time to cancel.I have neither batman begins or the dark knight blu ray and was thinking of getting the triple play of them from hmv, so i have all 3 when TDKR arrives. Then i heard about the trilogy boxset that comes with all three and a book about the trilogy.After research i discovered the book is meerley an excerpt from the book (the art and making of the dark knight trilogy).So my question is should I cancel my dark knight rises and pre order the boxset despite the book not being complete or go with my original plan?

Advice would be greatly appreciated
I picked up the Batman Begins / The Dark Knight Triple Play set from Amazon a few months back for 7. If you really like the book you'd probably want the full version, so it depends if you want to save money and wait for the first two films to drop in price and how you want the films to look on your shelf, the trilogy will be one neat package!
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Old 11-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #600

Sep 2012
House

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHassell18 View Post
Decided to cancel my order for the steelbook and just get the regular version. Hoping to watch next Saturday, and it is guranteed the steelbook will not arrive from HMV, so ordered with Play. Plus it will fit in with the other two, anyway.
Had the same feels mate, do like the steelbook but hmv delivery...hmm plus i figured when the new set comes out next year i might get that so no point getting something that may be redundant.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland