Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Pawnbroker (Blu-ray)
$19.16
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
I, Robot 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Say
$29.99
The Assassins (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Old 11-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #7141
Power Member

Apr 2009
Twin Cities

And why would anyone want to cure the infected? At this point, most of there insides have turned to mush. Everything inside of them is dead and decaying. There's no cure for that. Even if you got them to stop wanting to eat living humans, there organs have already turned to poop

Panasonic 65GT30----------------(Display)
Onkyo 706------------------------(AVR)
Emotiva XPA-3--------------------(External Amp)
PS3--------------------------------(Blu-ray Player)
(2)eD A2-300's <on eD risers>---(Subs)
Focal Chorus 816V's & 800v------(Fronts and Center)
Focal Chorus 806v----------------(Surrounds)
Old 11-23-2012, 12:33 AM   #7142
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandubbz View Post
And why would anyone want to cure the infected? At this point, most of there insides have turned to mush. Everything inside of them is dead and decaying. There's no cure for that. Even if you got them to stop wanting to eat living humans, there organs have already turned to poop

That was pretty much my thoughts.

There really is no need to be looking for a cure. You don't become a zombie until you die... Death has always been uncurable...

The living are fine... no need to cure anything in the living... the "disease" is making the dead rise up again... any "cure" would just make the dead stay dead... so it kind of seems like a pointless exercise.

Just cremate the dead and move onward.

I grant you, the story only works because people don't do what makes sense So... we kind of have to excuse those in the show who think searching for a cure is a worthwhile endeavor, because it gives us plot points to talk about.
Prying off your face takes practice.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:53 AM   #7143
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
PA

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe View Post
That was pretty much my thoughts.

There really is no need to be looking for a cure. You don't become a zombie until you die... Death has always been uncurable...

The living are fine... no need to cure anything in the living... the "disease" is making the dead rise up again... any "cure" would just make the dead stay dead... so it kind of seems like a pointless exercise.

Just cremate the dead and move onward.

I grant you, the story only works because people don't do what makes sense So... we kind of have to excuse those in the show who think searching for a cure is a worthwhile endeavor, because it gives us plot points to talk about.
Cause the people that are alive are infected. Rick was told everyone has it. You die, you turn into a zombie. So why not try and find a cure to stop people from turning once they die. Sure, you're not going to turn people from a zombie back into a normal human. But if you could cure the infection and keep anymore zombies from being created, wouldn't you?

If they were able to stop people from turning once they die, the number of zombies would slowly go down as they are destroyed. We don't know how many survivors there are out there and obviously it would take time to turn things around. But it would be a start in the right direction.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:15 AM   #7144
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012
Kansas

The walking dead comes to life tonight and tomorrow morning. Just look at any retail store.
Epson 5010 on VAPEX9120
Sony BDP-S580
Sony PS3 and PS4
DirecTV HR24
Yamaha RX-V567
Front: Yamaha NS-C444 and NS-777
Surrounds: Side - Sony SS-F5000 / Rear - Some cheap Yamaha's
Subwoofer: Yamaha YST-SW315
Old 11-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #7145
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Newcastle UK PSN:Bageara

You obviously can't cure those who are already the walking dead but they do need to find a cure for the infected(living) so they don't come back

In Hershels defense although he did keep the dead in the barn he didn't realize they were dead(or refused to except) he thought they were sick and could be cured
PSN:Bageara

Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40W2000
Sony PS3 320gb
Old 11-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #7146
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omen2002 View Post
Cause the people that are alive are infected. Rick was told everyone has it. You die, you turn into a zombie. So why not try and find a cure to stop people from turning once they die. Sure, you're not going to turn people from a zombie back into a normal human. But if you could cure the infection and keep anymore zombies from being created, wouldn't you?

If they were able to stop people from turning once they die, the number of zombies would slowly go down as they are destroyed. We don't know how many survivors there are out there and obviously it would take time to turn things around. But it would be a start in the right direction.
As I said, though... if you cremate all the bodies after death... then they don't come back that way either.

Wasting time and effort on a cure seems pointless. They would be better served trying to get power and running water going again, and establishing perimeters and such to rebuild the society for the living. Treat the already zombied as wild animals to be burned/decapitated on site... and make sure you cremate all the dead from now on.

It really doesn't have to be as difficult as the show makes it to be. Again, I'm fine with the show because it is entertaining... but if we are trying to apply "real life" methods... it makes little sense to worry about a cure for the dead... and the living don't have a problem... so just establish the new protocols and move forward.

Think of it like rabid dogs... you have a dog in your house, fine... but if he turns rabid, he will bite all of you... so you have to put him down. You also watch for other rabid animals in the neighborhood... and put them down. Done, and done.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #7147
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Newcastle UK PSN:Bageara

Quote:
As I said, though... if you cremate all the bodies after death... then they don't come back that way either.

Wasting time and effort on a cure seems pointless. They would be better served trying to get power and running water going again, and establishing perimeters and such to rebuild the society for the living. Treat the already zombied as wild animals to be burned/decapitated on site... and make sure you cremate all the dead from now on.

It really doesn't have to be as difficult as the show makes it to be. Again, I'm fine with the show because it is entertaining... but if we are trying to apply "real life" methods... it makes little sense to worry about a cure for the dead... and the living don't have a problem... so just establish the new protocols and move forward.

Think of it like rabid dogs... you have a dog in your house, fine... but if he turns rabid, he will bite all of you... so you have to put him down. You also watch for other rabid animals in the neighborhood... and put them down. Done, and done.
I wouldn't exactly say looking for a cure is a waste of time. Even if you totally eradicated walkers and society was starting to get back normal I'm sure you would have breakouts on a daily basis, where someone has died unnoticed and attacked people.
Even the most cautious of people would be getting caught out, guy goes to take a dump, has a heart attack, comes back as a walker 10 minutes later walks back downstairs and starts snacking on his family, who then start attacking neighbours.
I think a cure for the virus would be paramount for society
PSN:Bageara

Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40W2000
Sony PS3 320gb
Old 11-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #7148
Power Member

Apr 2009
Twin Cities

lol death by pushing to hard on toilet. Elvis style

Your right about finding a cure in the aspect so the living dont become walkers when they die. I wasnt thinkin about it that way, because the governor seems to be thinking he can still save his daughter who is already turd soup internally.

Otherwise without a cure, the only way to sleep peacefully would be to have everyone sleep in cages, or tied up to sleeping quarters. Thats no way to live.
Panasonic 65GT30----------------(Display)
Onkyo 706------------------------(AVR)
Emotiva XPA-3--------------------(External Amp)
PS3--------------------------------(Blu-ray Player)
(2)eD A2-300's <on eD risers>---(Subs)
Focal Chorus 816V's & 800v------(Fronts and Center)
Focal Chorus 806v----------------(Surrounds)
Old 11-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #7149
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
lol death by pushing to hard on toilet. Elvis style

Your right about finding a cure in the aspect so the living dont become walkers when they die. I wasnt thinkin about it that way, because the governor seems to be thinking he can still save his daughter who is already turd soup internally.

Otherwise without a cure, the only way to sleep peacefully would be to have everyone sleep in cages, or tied up to sleeping quarters. Thats no way to live.
That was my thinking. People die in their sleep all the time. Remember the facility in Atlanta where the group of young men remained in the city to take care of all those elderly and disabled people? If even one of those people dies while not being watched closely everyone around is at serious risk. It's like every person aroudn you is a ticking time bomb.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #7150
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
That was my thinking. People die in their sleep all the time. Remember the facility in Atlanta where the group of young men remained in the city to take care of all those elderly and disabled people? If even one of those people dies while not being watched closely everyone around is at serious risk. It's like every person aroudn you is a ticking time bomb.
I grant you that... but that's why I suggested people sleep in locked rooms. When someone doesn't come out that day, you take a couple of people to check and make sure they didn't die in their sleep.

The cure for bears is don't live near bears... and live inside secure from the bears... not trying to cure bears of being bears The only wrinkle now is people dying in their sleep... but until they come up with a cure, they should be securing themselves better anyway... or grandma is going to surprise kill people one night.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #7151
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
I grant you that... but that's why I suggested people sleep in locked rooms. When someone doesn't come out that day, you take a couple of people to check and make sure they didn't die in their sleep.

The cure for bears is don't live near bears... and live inside secure from the bears... not trying to cure bears of being bears The only wrinkle now is people dying in their sleep... but until they come up with a cure, they should be securing themselves better anyway... or grandma is going to surprise kill people one night.
That's what I do find funny about this show. You'd expect that the people who survived a zombie apocalypse would be the most adaptable for such a world. Basically survival of the fittest. But oddly enough there seems to be a lot of very stupid people still alive somehow. For every Daryl, a guy you'd expect to be a survivor, there seems to be 5 Dale or Lori types still alive.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #7152
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Winnipeg, MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
That's what I do find funny about this show. You'd expect that the people who survived a zombie apocalypse would be the most adaptable for such a world. Basically survival of the fittest. But oddly enough there seems to be a lot of very stupid people still alive somehow. For every Daryl, a guy you'd expect to be a survivor, there seems to be 5 Dale or Lori types still alive.
[Show spoiler]Or Ricks, who go running off down dark prison halls that are over run, and keep secrets like everyone turns, to himself.
Sony KDL52W4100
80gb PS3
Some Yamaha Receiver
Some Polk Audio Speakers and an Infninity Sub
There's also a Wii kickin around the mix!

THERE'S SOMETHING MOVIN AND IT AIN'T US!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #7153
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

I'm watching Criminal Minds and Merle is in here!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:44 PM   #7154
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Maybe tonight is the night The Governor shows that he is a villain.
Buffalo Sabres 21-51-10
Indiana Pacers 56-26
Toronto Blue Jays 10-8
Old 11-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #7155

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottie View Post
I'm watching Criminal Minds and Merle is in here!
You should checkout his performance in Oliver Stone's JFK. Very good actor.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:06 AM   #7156
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2011
Michigan

I'm watching Liz & Dick over this tonight Only because I'm so curious about how Lohan's much talked about performance will be. I'll probably regret it though lol
Old 11-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #7157
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
I'm watching Liz & Dick over this tonight Only because I'm so curious about how Lohan's much talked about performance will be. I'll probably regret it though lol
Buffalo Sabres 21-51-10
Indiana Pacers 56-26
Toronto Blue Jays 10-8
Old 11-26-2012, 12:52 AM   #7158
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
Everyone is saying it's mediocre at best and you are going to watch that instead of The Walking Dead? You are banned from this thread from here on out.

8 more minutes!
Formerly : eagles_fan_05 / skins_fan_05 / vikings_fan_05

8-time NCAA Men's Basketball Champions (Soon to get #9)

My Trade Thread featuring Blu's, slips, games, sport cards and more!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #7159
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Kentucky
Default Sunday November 25, 2012

The Walking Dead
Season 3

Episode 7 : When The Dead Come Knocking

Formerly : eagles_fan_05 / skins_fan_05 / vikings_fan_05

8-time NCAA Men's Basketball Champions (Soon to get #9)

My Trade Thread featuring Blu's, slips, games, sport cards and more!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #7160
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Ah!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television