Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Night of the Living Dead (Blu-ray)
$27.37
Home for the Holidays (Blu-ray)
$11.88
The Outsiders: The Complete Novel (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Blade Runner 2049 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Silence of the Lambs (Blu-ray)
$30.37
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Dreamcatcher (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Prep & Landing / Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice (Blu-ray)
$8.99
An Actor's Revenge (Blu-ray)
$27.37
Opera (Blu-ray)
$18.00
The Miracle Worker (Blu-ray)
$13.88
Person of Interest: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.20
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 01:33 AM   #3921
NoirFan NoirFan is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
NoirFan's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
2211
28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Have they confirmed if From Beyond will be using a new master or same as the MGM DVD?
If they are going to do a new master then I wont get the UK edition and will go for SFs version.
I don't believe it's been stated either way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:00 AM   #3922
captainjoe captainjoe is offline
Expert Member
 
captainjoe's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Alberta, Canada
38
2163
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Have they confirmed if From Beyond will be using a new master or same as the MGM DVD?
If they are going to do a new master then I wont get the UK edition and will go for SFs version.
Based on the restoration they did for the uncut version in 2007 I'm willing to bet it's going to be the same transfer. It seemed good on DVD so it should be good for bluray
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #3923
MTRodaba2468 MTRodaba2468 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
MTRodaba2468's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Western Kentucky
1
2614
412
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianungstad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsonjohn View Post
Hell, I might get "The Island" based on the director's credits alone. Before "The Island" Michael Ritchie had some success with "The Bad News Bears" then post "The Island" came a couple true classics such as the great slasher parody "Student Bodies", two of Chevy Chase's best work ever in "Fletch" and "Fletch Lives", in-between those two flicks he squeezed in the lesser-know Eddie Murphy flick "The Golden Child" and it seems after the 1994 Chevy Chase vehicle "Cops & Robbersons" which is a guilty pleasure of mine, the director died in 2001.
Uh..."The Friends of Eddie Coyle" and "Smile" are flat out fantastic. Michael Ritchie was a great director.
The Survivors is another entertaining Michael Ritchie film...
#1 WEE MAN FAN
Movie Collection (FilmAf) | Music Collection (Discogs; still in progress) | Facebook
1000 Blu-Rays as of 11/09/13: John Cassavetes: Five Films: Criterion Collection
2000 Blu-Rays as of 1/28/16: Deep Red: Arrow Films 3-Disc Limited Edition
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #3924
nekromantik nekromantik is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
nekromantik's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Bristol, UK
4
548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
Based on the restoration they did for the uncut version in 2007 I'm willing to bet it's going to be the same transfer. It seemed good on DVD so it should be good for bluray
Well IMO just because a master looks good on DVD does not mean it will look good on bluray. I hope it is a big upgrade.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #3925
rickah88 rickah88 is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post
best buy is on it's way out, no point in distributing anything to them...
Always good to see sound logic on display!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #3926
Cinema74 Cinema74 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Jun 2012
2606
833
62
Default

I'm suffering from lack of Scream Factory announcement withdrawal. And to think they're not announcing anything else until after the new year . Am I being selfish?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #3927
bb8977 bb8977 is offline
Expert Member
 
Oct 2011
176
2
Default

I was thinking the same thing but in reality they've probably announced most of the titles coming out next year already.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #3928
NoirFan NoirFan is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
NoirFan's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
2211
28
Default

At least The Island and Death Valley will be released in just over two weeks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #3929
acp35 acp35 is offline
Member
 
Jun 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
I wonder if they make Best Buy employees pay for errors in pricing after the errors are discovered. Or do cashiers have total discretion in adjusting a price even if it's just the customer's word against Best Buy's? I walked away with the Alien Anthology Blu set for $9.99 because the cashier was busy chatting with a co-worker and either didn't notice the mistake or didn't care. Afterwards I couldn't help thinking the cashier probably had to pay the $100 , or worse, got fired. But then I didn't feel too bad. If they hired professionals instead of kids, this stuff wouldn't happen.

Has anyone else spotted Shout Blu's at BB?
Yep I've bought both Halloween 2 & 3 Scream Factory blu's at Best Buy. Bought Terror Train Blu and They Live Blu at Wal-mart. Both Best buy and Wal-Mart carry the scream dvds and blus. Same with Future Shop they carry most of the Shout Factory dvds as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #3930
dsman71 dsman71 is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2011
1582
970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
I'm suffering from lack of Scream Factory announcement withdrawal. And to think they're not announcing anything else until after the new year . Am I being selfish?
I think they are just busy working on whats being announced and whats coming up, finalizing the soon to come out releases. They have a lot on their plate and being a small company probably do need a break to work on what is coming out. There are definitely more titles coming though
The new year is just over a month away anyway.
Maybe when they announce again they can have a bunch of pre-answered questions such as
-this is region A only
-it will/will not have a slip case
-we dont have Prince of Darkness, Rawhead Raw etc
Id love to know more about if they are negotiating with MGM or Universal about more titles though, I wish I knew more about that
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #3931
EricJ EricJ is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
I think they are just busy working on whats being announced and whats coming up, finalizing the soon to come out releases. They have a lot on their plate and being a small company probably do need a break to work on what is coming out. There are definitely more titles coming though
-we dont have Prince of Darkness, Rawhead Raw etc
Id love to know more about if they are negotiating with MGM or Universal about more titles though, I wish I knew more about that
They still haven't announced Psycho II yet either, which everyone seemed to be taking for a given right off the bat.
But, y'know...not if it's going to get one of those Iron Maiden covers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:50 AM   #3932
Frightener22 Frightener22 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Frightener22's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
New Jersey
4315
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
Id love to know more about if they are negotiating with MGM or Universal about more titles though, I wish I knew more about that
They are in the middle of negotiating a second deal with Universal for titles so keep your fingers crossed
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:04 AM   #3933
zbinks zbinks is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
zbinks's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
Illinois
2111
451
3
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frightener22 View Post
They are in the middle of negotiating a second deal with Universal for titles so keep your fingers crossed
No whammy, no whammy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:05 AM   #3934
psychocinderellax psychocinderellax is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
They still haven't announced Psycho II yet either, which everyone seemed to be taking for a given right off the bat.
But, y'know...not if it's going to get one of those Iron Maiden covers.
I wouldn't think "Psycho II" would be a given. Especially considering the fact that "Psycho III" and "Psycho IV" are alsp owned by Universal. I highly doubt they wouldve picked up "Psycho II" and leave the others alone...
"Prince of Darkness" is more likely, but Cliff has said no. If he were holding it back, then he easilly couldve made the HorroHound announcement be the Super Seven. He doesn't have it NOW. Cliff has stated they are in the midst of another Universal deal. I'm sure it will come with that wave of announcememts...






Stupid people...

Last edited by psychocinderellax; 11-26-2012 at 04:14 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:19 AM   #3935
redrunner97 redrunner97 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
redrunner97's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
North Carolina, USA
357
24
Buy.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychocinderellax View Post
I wouldn't think "Psycho II" would be a given. Especially considering the fact that "Psycho III" and "Psycho IV" are alsp owned by Universal. I highly doubt they wouldve picked up "Psycho II" and leave the others alone...
"Prince of Darkness" is more likely, but Cliff has said no. If he were holding it back, then he easilly couldve made the HorroHound announcement be the Super Seven. He doesn't have it NOW. Cliff has stated they are in the midst of another Universal deal. I'm sure it will come with that wave of announcememts...
Wile I do think that's a good point...

The list of titles from Universal that Shout/Scream would most likely be interested in picking up is fairly large, so nothing is really a given. They're a huge company, and they're sitting on titles like:

• Prince of Darkness
• Village of the Damned
• The Thing
• Ssssss!
• The Serpent and the Rainbow
• The People Under The Stairs
• Shocker
• Raising Cain
• Psycho II / III / IV/ Psycho (remake)
• Jaws II/ III / IV
• The Watcher
• American Werewolf in London / American Werewolf in Paris
• The Sentinel
• Island of Terror
• Andromeda Strain
• Boy Who Cried Werewolf
• The Incredible Shrinking Woman
• Rollercoaster (ACTION/ about a serial killer who targets amuesment parks)
• Burned at the Stake
• Invaders from the Deep
• Evil Under the Sun
• Firestarter / Firestarter II
• Tremors / Tremors II / III / IV
• Childs Play II/ III
• Bride of Chucky / Seed of Chucky
• Death Becomes Her
• Army of Darkness
• Demon Knight
• Darkman
• Mystery Science Theater 3000: the Movie
• Fear
• Twister
• Sleepaway Camp
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:23 AM   #3936
redrunner97 redrunner97 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
redrunner97's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
North Carolina, USA
357
24
Default

On a side note:

http://www.facebook.com/scorpionreleasinginfo

Its the official page for Scorpion Releasing, admined by Walter Olsen.
So don't forget to like it and spread the word!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 AM   #3937
redrunner97 redrunner97 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
redrunner97's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
North Carolina, USA
357
24
Default

Shout Factory titles that I'd Like to see make the BD bump, even if they've already been shot down by Cliff and Shout!:

• Bad Dreams/ Visiting Hours.
• Slumber Party Massacre Collection.
• Elvira's Movie Macabre.
• MST3K Specials. (Manos: the Hands of Fate, in particular)


Does anyone think any of these will EVER get upgraded?
I'd hate for Elvira to get lost, because Shout/Scream would be the only people to give it an honorable release, especially on Blu-Ray.

Last edited by redrunner97; 11-26-2012 at 04:50 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #3938
rickah88 rickah88 is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
92
Default

4k posts...most impressive!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:23 AM   #3939
dressedtokill dressedtokill is offline
Senior Member
 
dressedtokill's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
Wile I do think that's a good point...

The list of titles from Universal that Shout/Scream would most likely be interested in picking up is fairly large, so nothing is really a given. They're a huge company, and they're sitting on titles like:

American Werewolf in London / American Werewolf in Paris

They already released this one on Blu and it had some GREAT special features? So what's the point?


Quote:
Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
Shout Factory titles that I'd Like to see make the BD bump, even if they've already been shot down by Cliff and Shout!:

Bad Dreams/ Visiting Hours.
Slumber Party Massacre Collection.
Elvira's Movie Macabre.
MST3K Specials. (Manos: the Hands of Fate, in particular)


Does anyone think any of these will EVER get upgraded?
I'd hate for Elvira to get lost, because Shout/Scream would be the only people to give it an honorable release, especially on Blu-Ray.
I remember the SPMC thing, but when did they say no to the others? I don't remember that and I'm hoping you're wrong as I really want the first one...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #3940
Seymour Seymour is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Seymour's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
3130
360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
Wile I do think that's a good point...

The list of titles from Universal that Shout/Scream would most likely be interested in picking up is fairly large, so nothing is really a given. They're a huge company, and they're sitting on titles like:

• Prince of Darkness
• Village of the Damned
• The Thing
• Ssssss!
• The Serpent and the Rainbow
• The People Under The Stairs
• Shocker
• Raising Cain
• Psycho II / III / IV/ Psycho (remake)
• Jaws II/ III / IV
• The Watcher
• American Werewolf in London / American Werewolf in Paris
• The Sentinel
• Island of Terror
• Andromeda Strain
• Boy Who Cried Werewolf
• The Incredible Shrinking Woman
• Rollercoaster (ACTION/ about a serial killer who targets amuesment parks)
• Burned at the Stake
• Invaders from the Deep
• Evil Under the Sun
• Firestarter / Firestarter II
• Tremors / Tremors II / III / IV
• Childs Play II/ III
• Bride of Chucky / Seed of Chucky
• Death Becomes Her
• Army of Darkness
• Demon Knight
• Darkman
• Mystery Science Theater 3000: the Movie
• Fear
• Twister
• Sleepaway Camp
Some of these already have blu releases (The Thing, An American Werewolf in London, Darkman, Tremors, Army of Darkness). Most of them are fine ('cept Tremors ). Fear is coming from Uni in January. Twister, with Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt? It's on blu, and it's Warner. Also, An American Werewolf in Paris is with Disney/Buena Vista.

I would like to see Raising Cain and Firestarter on BD, though.

edit: It looks like Evil Under the Sun is with Lionsgate. Not sure about Invaders from the Deep.

Last edited by Seymour; 11-26-2012 at 06:40 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Tags
horror, scream factory, shout factory

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:25 AM.