Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
£12.50
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
£59.99
The Herschell Gordon Lewis Feast (Blu-ray)
£71.48
Hitchcock: Volume 2 (Blu-ray)
£8.05
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray)
£20.00
Evil Ed (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Resident Evil: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
£29.99
Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge 3D (Blu-ray)
£19.99
Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
£19.99
Trolls (Blu-ray)
£10.00
Snatched (Blu-ray)
£14.99
It Was Fifty Years Ago Today ! (Blu-ray)
£12.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #1861
Mitsubishi Burning Mitsubishi Burning is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2012
297
Default

Did anyone go for the "Pieces" one hour special? if so have you received it yet?

I got an email from Laura on the day saying that was just over a week ago.

I know I waited a little while for one as they had a big response to the offer.

Easy enough to email and check but just wondering if anyone else ordered it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #1862
josuv22 josuv22 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
josuv22's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
1696
127
1
21
Default

do arrow still bill for pre orders when your order them ?
order 2 limited edition from them on friday and got the emails and thank you one from laura. but the charge not pop up on my visa debit card yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #1863
Mitsubishi Burning Mitsubishi Burning is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2012
297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josuv22 View Post
do arrow still bill for pre orders when your order them ?
order 2 limited edition from them on friday and got the emails and thank you one from laura. but the charge not pop up on my visa debit card yet.
Yes they do. Can take a few days to show. Part of me would like to pre-order all the releases directly from them to cut out the middle man, but that's the one thing that puts me off is the fact you are paying for something that you're not going to be getting for a few months and could get delayed even further. I've pre-ordered ZFE from them and I pre-ordered Night Child and Christmas Evil from them but that was about a week before they came out.

In someway it's better as at least I know it's paid for, but I also like not being charged until the item is shippe if I pre-order elsewhere.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #1864
Wes Blu-ray Wes Blu-ray is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Wes Blu-ray's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
United Kingdom
616
225
4
Default

The only Arrow Blu-ray I currently own is The Funhouse...what a beauty it is
Normal people have no idea how beautiful the darkness is.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #1865
josuv22 josuv22 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
josuv22's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
1696
127
1
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubishi Burning View Post
Yes they do. Can take a few days to show. Part of me would like to pre-order all the releases directly from them to cut out the middle man, but that's the one thing that puts me off is the fact you are paying for something that you're not going to be getting for a few months and could get delayed even further. I've pre-ordered ZFE from them and I pre-ordered Night Child and Christmas Evil from them but that was about a week before they came out.

In someway it's better as at least I know it's paid for, but I also like not being charged until the item is shippe if I pre-order elsewhere.
it showed up today took about 5 days
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #1866
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
752
5
1
Default

ZFE review

What we have here is a 2K transfer taken from the original uncensored camera negative. For the first time, Arrow – who have a chequered past with the quality of their hi-def releases of European movies – had complete control over the encode, with the process overseen by James White, who was responsible for the painstaking work undertaken on Tokyo Story and The Passion of Joan of Arc, so the potential for a good job certainly seemed greater than ever before.

Now, without wanting to muddy the waters any further, I am of the understanding that BU’s transfer was also minted from the OCN. But the results are certainly different, and this comes to how the 2K harvest has been dealt with after the scan.... continued at http://www.avforums.com/movies/Zombi...4/blu-ray.html
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #1867
bkhage01 bkhage01 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
bkhage01's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
1041
320
2
446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
ZFE review

What we have here is a 2K transfer taken from the original uncensored camera negative. For the first time, Arrow who have a chequered past with the quality of their hi-def releases of European movies had complete control over the encode, with the process overseen by James White, who was responsible for the painstaking work undertaken on Tokyo Story and The Passion of Joan of Arc, so the potential for a good job certainly seemed greater than ever before.

Now, without wanting to muddy the waters any further, I am of the understanding that BUs transfer was also minted from the OCN. But the results are certainly different, and this comes to how the 2K harvest has been dealt with after the scan.... continued at http://www.avforums.com/movies/Zombi...4/blu-ray.html
Review looks pretty good. Excited to check it out in person!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #1868
LordCrumb LordCrumb is offline
Moderator
 
LordCrumb's Avatar
 
May 2009
New Zealand
8
2251
44
12
51
Default

did someone say HYPE!

Really can't wait for this
4K UHD Wishlist: Bridge on the River Kwai, The Great Escape, The Good the Bad and The Ugly, Planet of the Apes, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Near Dark, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Transformers, Zombie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #1869
darkanek darkanek is offline
Member
 
Dec 2010
Poland
55
Default

Demons 1&2 Steelbook 10.95 @ Zavvi
Just ordered one with 10% discount so I paid 9.86. Nice deal
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #1870
slainery slainery is offline
Senior Member
 
slainery's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
164
87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkanek View Post
Demons 1&2 Steelbook 10.95 @ Zavvi
Just ordered one with 10% discount so I paid 9.86. Nice deal
Thanks! This set shall be mine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #1871
ravenus ravenus is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ravenus's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
India
698
279
55
3
Default

Sorry if this is redundant info but the pre-order prices for the Arrow releases of Black Sunday and Lisa & the Devil have dropped to 16GBP from the previous 20GBP.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #1872
Antman Antman is offline
Member
 
Jun 2011
UK
11
Default

If anyone does not want the postcards in the Arrow steelbook releases please PM me as I'm trying to collect the set
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #1873
LordCrumb LordCrumb is offline
Moderator
 
LordCrumb's Avatar
 
May 2009
New Zealand
8
2251
44
12
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
Sorry if this is redundant info but the pre-order prices for the Arrow releases of Black Sunday and Lisa & the Devil have dropped to 16GBP from the previous 20GBP.

Still showing as 17.99 here (Ltd Edition), which is what they were when I ordered them.
4K UHD Wishlist: Bridge on the River Kwai, The Great Escape, The Good the Bad and The Ugly, Planet of the Apes, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Near Dark, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Transformers, Zombie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #1874
josuv22 josuv22 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
josuv22's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
1696
127
1
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
Still showing as 17.99 here (Ltd Edition), which is what they were when I ordered them.
it's the standard editions on amazon that dropped in price.

all the other titles that arrow have coming up in new year are also dropped on amazon.

Last edited by josuv22; 11-25-2012 at 04:57 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #1875
NoirFan NoirFan is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
NoirFan's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
1885
19
Default

Have Arrow posted the other cover options from the slipcase edition? It might be worth an extra two pounds to me if they're superior to their new art.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #1876
Marv Inc. Marv Inc. is offline
Special Member
 
Marv Inc.'s Avatar
 
Sep 2012
The British Empire
5
Default

yeah on there facebook
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #1877
josuv22 josuv22 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
josuv22's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
1696
127
1
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Have Arrow posted the other cover options from the slipcase edition? It might be worth an extra two pounds to me if they're superior to their new art.
they are still voting for them on the labs forum

black Sunday

Lisa And The Devil
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #1878
NoirFan NoirFan is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
NoirFan's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
1885
19
Default

Thanks for the link, but the poll is closed. Of course, neither of the two best options, B or C, won it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #1879
josuv22 josuv22 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
josuv22's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
1696
127
1
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Thanks for the link, but the poll is closed. Of course, neither of the two best options, B or C, won it.
that poll was for the dual format release reverse sleeve.
the limited window box will have new art and top 3 of those 4 I think

so you should get both B an C in the limited window box release
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #1880
Mitsubishi Burning Mitsubishi Burning is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2012
297
Default

Have experienced my first disappointing service from Arrow. They are usually excellent. However I ordered "Pieces" via their one hour special a few weeks back. Got an email confirming the order and that it's been processed but then 10 day later I still hadn't received the DVD. Dropped them an email and they advised that they were unable to fulfilll some of the orders yet as they had sold out, but that they will send the rest out as soon as they are back in stock. That was about another 10 days ago. Fair enough, this kind of thing happens and it's understandable, and I know they are only a small company and are very busy with new releases etc, but would have been nice to maybe get an email from them to update without me having to chase.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:18 PM.