Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities

Old 11-23-2012, 11:11 PM   #101
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by segagamer12 View Post
I forgot he was in Kick Ass, I guess I did like that one too. But to be fair his face was covered half the film and he got to die near the end so maybe that was why I could tolerate him in that one?
As a Cage diehard, let me recommend Wild At Heart. Let me know if you like that one, it's great.
I'm the one you should be listening to! Do you think dropping an anchor in the middle of a storm makes any sense whatsoever? -Charles McCullough

I just clicked Show Post so I could see what Troll-istc, inane thing you had to say. You're on my female cleansing product list. -Spottedfeather

A good article: http://old.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/feature/102
Old 11-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #102

May 2009
-
-
Canada Hmmmmm... so many to choose from....

Okay I'll take a stab at this although I may have to come back once in a while to update my list as I think of new honorees...

Steve Carell ( I have no idea why people say he is funny or why he has a career in show business)

Russell Brand (ditto for this hyperactive chihuahua)

Seth Rogen (cannot stand this guy even though he is a fellow Cannuck)

Mel Gibson

Jeff Daniels (he always looks like he's bored and doesn't want to be there)

Nicolas Cage

Samuel L. Jackson (between Nick Cage and SLJ I don't know who is in more fricking movies every year... I know NC is in hawk up to his eyes, so what's SLJ's excuse???)

Tom Cruise (I used to enjoy his movies and then around MI2 he sorta jumped the shark and everything since then with maybe the exception of "Valkyrie" has just been an absolute crap-fest... plus I would love to knock that stupid over-sized grin off of his face)

Amy Poehler (she's the female version of Steve Carell and I don't know why she has a career either)

Seann William Scott (I kinda liked him in the first "American Pie" because I thought he was playing a character, but when you play the same basic character in every movie with him being in just a different situation, I start to wonder if he's acting or if he's truly a jerk)

Pamela Anderson (and all her wannabees like Carmen Electra)

*****Kristen Stewart (she gets honorable mention for the moment, but if she plays one more fidgity character that looks away from the other characters as her way of showing she's tense or uncomfortable then she will get full-fledged membership on this list)

That's all I can think of for now, but if I think of it a bit I might come up with a few more scoundrels!

P.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:44 AM   #103
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
It does end up mattering though if the person has obnoxious views and gets off on ramming them down your throat. Many in Hollywood are just like this and its rather annoying. You can have an opinion. You can take sides. But when you rant and say things like "I hope so and so conservatives get colon cancer" and YES he DID say that, it goes a tad too far.

Maybe Sean Penn should get colon cancer?

All that being said, he does have talent as an actor. However, seeing films he is in is supporting him in a sense so I can see why people avoid his films. None of them are must-sees anyway. Who cares?
Just ignore that stuff. Mel Gibson is apparently a racist drunk, doesn't bother me one bit when I watch his films.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:54 AM   #104

Apr 2009
Bentonville, AR

Katherine Heigl
Kristen Stewart
Dakota Fanning

Ashton Kutcher
Old Nic Cage ( loved him in the Rock and Con Air.... everything after that was bad can anyone say Drive Angry?? )
TV: Mitsubishi 73' DLP LG 42' Plasma Monitor 60' Mitsubishi DLP Blu Ray Player: PS3 FAT 80 gig PS3 Slim 160 gig A/V Receiver: YAMAHA RX-V571
Speakers: 2 Polk Monitor 60 - CS2 Polk Center - Definitive Technologies Sub/Cerwin Vega Sub - Yamaha Satellite surrounds = 7.2 surround sound
Gaming: PS3 80gb - 160gb Nintendo Wii Xbox 360
Old 11-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #105
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky87 View Post
Just ignore that stuff. Mel Gibson is apparently a racist drunk, doesn't bother me one bit when I watch his films.
I know, right? It shouldnt matter. But somehow, in the back of my mind it does. Its mainly because there are times when you are watching these people and you start to think about their political rants, crimnal behavior, all that crap. Must block it out!
Pioneer 5080 KURO
Samsung UN6500 LED
LG BD-570, Sony BDP-S360, PS 3
Toshiba A30 & A2
Sony STRDG-AV 810
Polk TSi 300's, M10's, RM8, PSW110
Harmony 510
Old 11-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #106

Sep 2007
FL USA

Kristen Stewart......everytime I see that deer in the headlight look I just wanna punch her in the face......because she has that look almost the entire time in her movies
If You Prick Me, Do I Not Bleed BLU
Old 11-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #107
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio

Actress Stephanie Courtney who plays Flo in the Progressive Insurance tv commercials.

It looks like she uses a putty knife to apply her makeup.
BenQ W1080ST DLP 3D Projector
Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-ray Player
Denon AVR-X4000 Receiver
Pioneer SP-C22 Center Channel Speaker
Pioneer SP-FS52 Floorstanding Speaker x 4
PSA XS15se Subwoofer x 2
Old 11-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #108
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

I think the criminal, political, social, racist behaviors can be ignore or not depending on how we feel about the person or persons. Like it or not no matter what you will always have people who just rub you the wrong way, in your family, at work, circle of friends ...and it's the same for entertainement. We have an expression in French that I am not sure how to translate that goes "sa face me reviens pas!" In short I just don't like his face.

So in my case certain actors I am able to excuse and others no matter what, they just annoy me to no end. One example, I haven't been able to watch any of The Naked Gun movies since the mid 90's because of O.J. Simpsons. But even before those movies I never liked him as an actor or a person. I would see him on many of his TV spots and just change the channel, he just annoyed me. However I am still able to watch the only Roman Polanski movie I like The Fearless Vampire Killers because in general Polanski never really bothered me. In short neither one of them should be excuse but yet depending on the feelings I have it can be. Another example, I always dislike Sean Pean, from day one In Fast Time At Ridgemont High. I can't really explain why, he just annoyed me and still does everytime I see him. So everytime I hear one of his political rant I just go "shut the heck up Sean, you're annoying!' Yet why can I excuse Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins who are just as political that he is?
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady
Old 11-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #109

Aug 2008
Nor. California

Jeff Goldblum (?) and will smith
Living Room: Samsung 52ln850 / Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K / Polk Monitor 70's / Polk CS2 / Polk Fxi A6 Surrounds / Elemental Designs a2 300 / Sony Playstation 3 40gig / Nintendo Wii / Panamax M5300-EX / Harmony PS3 Adapter / Harmony One / Apple TV

Bedroom: Sony kdl-46xbr4 lcd / Sony Playstation 3 40gig /
Old 11-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #110
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008

Channing Tatum
Seth Rogen
Adopted Blu-ray long before its development and launch.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #111
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Shia Labeouf - I kinda like Disturbia despite him starring, but he ruined Wall Street 2 and almost everything else he stars in.

Kristen Stewart - Just take the shit already, she always looks constipated, even in non-Twilight stuff. Her expression never changes, that isn't acting, it's being!

Channing Tatum - No real reason or idea why, he just annoys me and every flick of his I've seen I haven't liked (him starring), although he didn't use to. I just noticed I have 2 flicks with him, Havoc and Public Enemies. I can't really recall him in either so he must not have bugged me in those, but I wanted my life back after watching Fighting! I also turned off Magic Mike 4 minutes in cuz of him the other day, at least I got to see Munn boobies to offset the Channing ass.

Last edited by bigdaddyhorse; 11-24-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #112
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
California!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Holly View Post
Oh come on. You may not be a Cage fan, but to put him BELOW Sandler and Swift!!
Its not in any order, I was just listing. Calm down.
Anna Faris' Biggest Fan

A year ago (June 2013), I saw Showgirls for the first time and it's changed my life.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:52 AM   #113
Expert Member

May 2010
Missy Peregrym's house :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
What does his personal life have to do with his acting ability? He's human, and have opinions, and choices like everybody else. You may not like Sean Penn as a person, but he's one hell of an actor.
Really because other than Fast Times, every single movie of his reads almost identical in his acting. It's like when you see a Jason Statham film, you've seen one, you've seen them all. Only in Statham's case he kicks everyone's ass or has awesome car chases, all Sean Penn does is put on "serious face"

*Note-and as Sergeant Lincoln Osiris said "He went full retard, you never go full retard".
You know who you are:
I give facts and will call you out whether you're one person or an entire company, if that upsets you or hurts your feelings that's your problem not mine.
Prove me wrong.

I'm not politically correct..why?
I don't have the time to cater to 7 billion people.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #114
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerJagger View Post
Its not in any order, I was just listing. Calm down.
It's alright. I was just kidding around anyways. Dislike whoever you want to dislike.
I'm the one you should be listening to! Do you think dropping an anchor in the middle of a storm makes any sense whatsoever? -Charles McCullough

I just clicked Show Post so I could see what Troll-istc, inane thing you had to say. You're on my female cleansing product list. -Spottedfeather

A good article: http://old.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/feature/102
Old 11-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #115
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
Jeff Goldblum (?) and will smith
Take it you don't like Independence Day then!?
Pre-ordered
The Hobbit: DoS Extended (German statue), The Lion King (steelbook), X-Men: Days of Future Past (digibook)

Check out my 'Signed Stuff' thread!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:15 AM   #116
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by P@t_Mtl View Post
I always dislike Sean Pean, from day one In Fast Time At Ridgemont High. I can't really explain why, he just annoyed me and still does everytime I see him. So everytime I hear one of his political rant I just go "shut the heck up Sean, you're annoying!
How can you dislike a person, without knowing the reason why? If that's the case, you don't have a valid reason to dislike them. Celebrities are human beings like everybody else except, they're in the public eye, rich and famous. They go through personal struggles, trials and tribulations like a average person.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #117
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
North Carolina

I just thought of another actor I don't care for that many seem to like and that is Nicholas Cage. I have nothing against the guy I just never cared for his acting so I will never watch his films.
"If we're about to die anyways, I'd rather die fighting! Come for me Gmork, I am Atreyu!"

"...but you will always be homosexual Michael, always, until the day you die."

" I told you 158 times I hate little notes on my pillow. 'We are all out of Corn Flakes F.U.' it took me three hours to realize that F.U. stood for Felix Ungar."
Old 11-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #118
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Celebrities are human beings like everybody else...
Well there you go...a perfectly good reason to dislike them...
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
Old 11-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #119
Special Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyu View Post
I just thought of another actor I don't care for that many seem to like and that is Nicholas Cage. I have nothing against the guy I just never cared for his acting so I will never watch his films.
Matchstick Men, Lord of War. Amazing films.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #120
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
Kristen Stewart - Just take the shit already, she always looks constipated, even in non-Twilight stuff. Her expression never changes, that isn't acting, it's being!
No kidding - only in America can talentless people end up rich and famous. Oh well. Good for her, I guess. Constipated....thats funny. Maybe boyfriend Pattinson can take care of that for her with some fanny-play.
Pioneer 5080 KURO
Samsung UN6500 LED
LG BD-570, Sony BDP-S360, PS 3
Toshiba A30 & A2
Sony STRDG-AV 810
Polk TSi 300's, M10's, RM8, PSW110
Harmony 510
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities