Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
The Art of the Steal (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Bound (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television

Old 11-24-2012, 03:33 AM   #381
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008

Cassie

The reason Rachel left is Monroe sent for her but they neglected to explain why she decided to go. I guess she thought he hunt her down and kill her family...oops, he tried that anyway. It also never explained how she found out Monroe wanted her. I cant believe he sent someone who just gave them the message and left. There was no communications. I get that everything she did was to protect her son...but there r limits. At what point do the number of atrocities u commit in a good cause outweigh the cause?
32" Sharp Aquos LCD, 46" Samsung LN46C670 LCD
Tivo HD DVR, Onkyo TX-SR606, Sony BDP-550, Toshiba HD-A35

FOX, the network so dumb it should be called OX

Machete don't text.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #382
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel_thai View Post
Cassie

The reason Rachel left is Monroe sent for her but they neglected to explain why she decided to go. I guess she thought he hunt her down and kill her family...oops, he tried that anyway. It also never explained how she found out Monroe wanted her. I cant believe he sent someone who just gave them the message and left. There was no communications. I get that everything she did was to protect her son...but there r limits. At what point do the number of atrocities u commit in a good cause outweigh the cause?
Monroe didn't send for her Miles did, but your right they did never explain why.
7/23/2012 - The day justice was served to PSU

RIP Art Modell - You may have killed the city of Cleveland when you moved the Browns to Baltimore, but your visions did give us the Ravens.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #383
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omen2002 View Post
Charlie seems like she should only be like 18 years old or so right? From my own past experience, that seems normal. lol I was a dumbass when I was that age. You think you know it all, etc. when really, you know nothing yet.
her younger brother is 18 (mentioned in one of the episodes) I would say she is early 20

As for the rest, I agree, it is not completely abnormal for that age, I just meant it made her a bit more dislikable. This trip to find her brother would have been a lot shorter and a lot less trouble if she did not mess everything up every episode
Old 11-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #384
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
And Rachel is worst of all. She leaves her family 15 years ago (who knows why?)
less then that, the kids were older in the scene were she left.

Quote:
Not to mention they caused a global disaster and a social collapse to stop the government from making their discovery into a weapon! What could the government have done worse?
how do you know that?
Old 11-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #385
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

I'm really not sure what Charlie is messing up every episode... Her Uncle is guiding things... several of the groups they have encountered were directly because of his choices... he is keeping secrets still... including her "boyfriend" militia boy that Miles certainly knows is that other dude's son and yet he hasn't told anyone.

Miles should also know Charlie's mother is still alive... from where I sit, Charlie doesn't seem to be what is causing the most problems.
Prying off your face takes practice.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #386
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Cassie

The reason Rachel left is Monroe sent for her but they neglected to explain why she decided to go. I guess she thought he hunt her down and kill her family...oops, he tried that anyway. It also never explained how she found out Monroe wanted her. I cant believe he sent someone who just gave them the message and left.
I don't se it as it being that complicated, change Monroe to Miles (make it more enticing) and either make posters or word of mouth and there is no need to assume that a militia person gave her the message directly.

Quote:
At what point do the number of atrocities u commit in a good cause outweigh the cause?
And I see that as the perfect explanation of Miles. The militia was not started to fulfil Monroe's delusions of grandeur but, if people remember the scene where he beat up the "scavengers" that were about to kill some other people to add some order and protect people.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #387
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe View Post
I'm really not sure what Charlie is messing up every episode... Her Uncle is guiding things... several of the groups they have encountered were directly because of his choices... he is keeping secrets still... including her "boyfriend" militia boy that Miles certainly knows is that other dude's son and yet he hasn't told anyone.

Miles should also know Charlie's mother is still alive... from where I sit, Charlie doesn't seem to be what is causing the most problems.
We don't know how many years he has been away, or his relation with Tom Neville when he was there. If Miles tried to kill Monroe a few days/weeks/months after he brought her the mom, it could be years since he saw her alive (and even if it was years later, how long does it take to kill someone) and he might have never realy known Tom's kid, so why would you assume he knows what he looks like.

On the other hand let's take it this way, the day her dad died and brother taken she was supposed to be with him, but she decided to run out, she found out that Jason was militia but she kept on helping him keep an eye on them, she decided to follow Tom and so she got caught and then Tom moved the kid and moved up the departure date of the train...... everytime she decides to do what she wants it leads to trouble.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #388
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Monroe didn't send for her Miles did, but your right they did never explain why.

At the time that was the same thing but ur right she went because of Miles. Still u have to wonder what he could have said (and how) that would make her leave her family at a point where they were just pulling a wagon down the road and had already been nearly robbed once. Answer...nothing I can imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
less then that, the kids were older in the scene were she left.

The 15 year time frame was from the pilot episode. It was either part of the voice over, put on the screen or mentioned in conversation.

how do you know that?
Which...that turning off the power caused the collapse? Obvious. That the government was gonna use it as a weapon? That was the point of the flashback where Ben told the government agent that there little power project had produced something else. Rachel was afraid theyd turn it into a weapon.

Quote:
I don't se it as it being that complicated, change Monroe to Miles (make it more enticing) and either make posters or word of mouth and there is no need to assume that a militia person gave her the message directly.

And I see that as the perfect explanation of Miles. The militia was not started to fulfil Monroe's delusions of grandeur but, if people remember the scene where he beat up the "scavengers" that were about to kill some other people to add some order and protect people.

Word of mouth? Word of mouth might have reached them eventually after they settled somewhere but not walking down the road. The only thing I can imagine is she needed to meet with Miles before this happened for some reason. Miles & Bass were on there way somewhere when the car died.
32" Sharp Aquos LCD, 46" Samsung LN46C670 LCD
Tivo HD DVR, Onkyo TX-SR606, Sony BDP-550, Toshiba HD-A35

FOX, the network so dumb it should be called OX

Machete don't text.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #389
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali
Send a message via Yahoo to CZAR

Quote:
considering many people wish that Charlie would go away I think they will disagree with you.

Personally I find Charlie is written as a dumb self-righteous brat. Constantly doing what she wants with no thought of consequences.

I find i like Miles and Nora more.
Many people?? Like who the few people on this site that bicker about every thing of each episode? Charlie is one of the best things about the show. If she did die I would probably stop watching actually. To each is own. Got Em!!
"Quinton is IN....let the fun BEGIN" - Can't Buy Me Love
Old 11-27-2012, 03:07 AM   #390
Special Member

Oct 2011
Canada

So what did you guys think of tonight's episode? It was one of my favourites so far!
"Your Story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story, who you choose to be..."

Favourite Movies By Year:
2009: Moon 2010: The Social Network 2011: Hugo 2012: Marvel's The Avengers 2013: The Wolf of Wall Street
Old 11-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #391
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

A very good fall finale tonight. I would have to say that Charlie is coming around...especially in the last 2 episodes. And as for what's coming in 2013,
[Show spoiler]I smelled the Elizabeth Michell character (Rachel) would team up with Miles and Aaron to build something to counter act Monroe, as well as the other dude that has the pendants in Georgia upcoming plot
. Looking forward to it.
Launch PS3 60GB, Launch PS3 Slim 120GB, Launch PS4
Family Room: (TV) Samsung LNT5271; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH; (Speakers) Definitive Technology ProCinema 60 5.1 System
New HT Room: (Projector) JVC RS45; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite SC-35; (Front Speakers) Monitor Audio RX6; (Center) RX Centre; (Side Surround Speakers) Monitor Audio RXFX; (Back Speakers) PSB Image B4 Compact Bookshelf; (Subwoofer) SVS PB12-Plus
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #392
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorD View Post
A very good fall finale tonight. I would have to say that Charlie is coming around...especially in the last 2 episodes. And as for what's coming in 2013,
[Show spoiler]I smelled the Elizabeth Michell character (Rachel) would team up with Miles and Aaron to build something to counter act Monroe, as well as the other dude that has the pendants in Georgia upcoming plot
. Looking forward to it.
Loved the showdown tonight between Miles and Monroe, Loved when Rachel got even with whats his face, still not 100% sold on Charlie and thats probably due to the writing of the last episode. They really could have made the last episode a 2 hour finalie and expanded on Mile/Monroe Rachel/Miles and Rachel/Family in general. The last episode was the perfect one to expand on the government and everything. At least they did let one thing slip about the militias and Georgia which was nice.

RIP Art Modell - You may have killed the city of Cleveland when you moved the Browns to Baltimore, but your visions did give us the Ravens.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #393
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2011
Michigan

Will be interesting to see if people will still care about the show in March. Quite a long, long break.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #394
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
Will be interesting to see if people will still care about the show in March. Quite a long, long break.
Yeah a break until march 25 is STOOPID

Old 11-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #395
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
Wow, I didn't know it was that looooooooong.
Launch PS3 60GB, Launch PS3 Slim 120GB, Launch PS4
Family Room: (TV) Samsung LNT5271; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH; (Speakers) Definitive Technology ProCinema 60 5.1 System
New HT Room: (Projector) JVC RS45; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite SC-35; (Front Speakers) Monitor Audio RX6; (Center) RX Centre; (Side Surround Speakers) Monitor Audio RXFX; (Back Speakers) PSB Image B4 Compact Bookshelf; (Subwoofer) SVS PB12-Plus
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #396
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2011
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorD View Post
Wow, I didn't know it was that looooooooong.
And not even early March lol it's basically april. It's gone until March 25. 17 weeks.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:38 AM   #397
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
At the time that was the same thing but ur right she went because of Miles. Still u have to wonder what he could have said (and how) that would make her leave her family at a point where they were just pulling a wagon down the road and had already been nearly robbed once. Answer...nothing I can imagine.
The 15 year time frame was from the pilot episode. It was either part of the voice over, put on the screen or mentioned in conversation
Word of mouth? Word of mouth might have reached them eventually after they settled somewhere but not walking down the road. The only thing I can imagine is she needed to meet with Miles before this happened for some reason. Miles & Bass were on there way somewhere when the car died.
My friend, you need to re-watch the episodes. So let’s try this

1) The power went off

2) a few days/weeks /months later we have

3) Then we have when the mom leaves, as you can see no wagon, they are just on the road saying good bye while the mother leaves to go to town (I am guessing their camp/be it a home or tents is behind those trees and they wanted some privacy for the goodbye and that is why they went down the road together), this is obviously many years after 2) since Danny is no longer a toddler (he was 3 when the power went off) and now he is a young boy and the two kids are played by different actors. (sorry I could not find a better pic on line that will really show how different the kids are))

4) It is ~15 years after the power went off 1) that means that there has to be a lot less then 15 years between 3) and 4)
Quote:
Which...that turning off the power caused the collapse? Obvious. That the government was gonna use it as a weapon? That was the point of the flashback where Ben told the government agent that there little power project had produced something else. Rachel was afraid theyd turn it into a weapon.
Neither of them that "[b]they caused a global disaster [b] and a social collapse to stop the government from making their discovery into a weapon! What could the government have done worse?"
We don’t know what happened. We have that they created a device that can stop electricity and that they showed it to DOD guy, but we don’t know anything more than that. Maybe they worked with the government and helped them build it (convinced of the defensive possibilities), maybe the government took it by force (i.e. used something like homeland security as an excuse) and built it, maybe some other group managed to steal the idea, maybe a different group had the same idea, maybe DOD guy was not really there as a DOD guy..... We don’t know who build it or who pushed the button.

Last edited by Anthony P; 11-28-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #398
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007
Over The State Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Loved the showdown tonight between Miles and Monroe, Loved when Rachel got even with whats his face, still not 100% sold on Charlie and thats probably due to the writing of the last episode. They really could have made the last episode a 2 hour finalie and expanded on Mile/Monroe Rachel/Miles and Rachel/Family in general. The last episode was the perfect one to expand on the government and everything. At least they did let one thing slip about the militias and Georgia which was nice.
I agree this episode felt rush, it was the perfect chance to explain the whole family dynamics after the black out..like why did Rachel leave her family or what happen that made Miles leave...I don't know but from that slap across the face when Miles encounter Rachel, I think something was going on between the two of them.

Its a stupid decision on NBC part to push the series till March just when I think it looks like it finally found a grove.
MOE
Old 11-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #399
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moefiz View Post
I agree this episode felt rush, it was the perfect chance to explain the whole family dynamics after the black out..like why did Rachel leave her family or what happen that made Miles leave...I don't know but from that slap across the face when Miles encounter Rachel, I think something was going on between the two of them.

Its a stupid decision on NBC part to push the series till March just when I think it looks like it finally found a grove.
they are gonna screw this show like they did Studio 60, and Studio 60 was good it had Fraiser type comedy which was nice

Old 11-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #400
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012
Kansas

Nothing I can say will add to whats already been said about the stupidity of such a long break.
Epson 5010 on VAPEX9120
Sony BDP-S580
Sony PS3 and PS4
DirecTV HR24
Yamaha RX-V567
Front: Yamaha NS-C444 and NS-777
Surrounds: Side - Sony SS-F5000 / Rear - Some cheap Yamaha's
Subwoofer: Yamaha YST-SW315
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television