Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$96.32
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Rio Grande (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 11-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #401

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas1015 View Post
I'm planning to get FInal Destination 4 and Journey to the Center of the Earth as they're both 15$.
I'm currently looking for 3D BDs with loads of pop-out strong 3D.
Final Destination 4 has without a doubt the best pop-out effect I've seen yet. For those who have the movie, I'm refering to the snake scene. That sucker get's right in your face and sticks his toungue out at you. Beyond that, it's just a real fun 3D movie that doesn't weigh you down with unnecessary crap like a plot.....
Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #402

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
You mean 7.1.
I've got 6.1
Old 11-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #403
Power Member

Mar 2009
Monrovia, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post
The main concensus around here is that Tron doesn't look that great in 3D but there is hope for the next Tron movie being made now.
I'm wondering if it has to do with people's setups, because Tron:Legacy is one of my favorite 3D Blus. It's not as good as Avatar or Hugo, but it's certainly up there. I thought Tron looked better than The Avengers and Transformers 3 tbh.

It could be like My Bloody Valentine.
It's got great 3D, but it's so dark that on a lot of setups, the film is riddled with ghosting. I use a DLP-Link system and I had no issues with the film's 3D. It looked really good. A lot of pop-outs, though they're all a bit short IMO
And it could be a taste thing. Tron doesn't have a whole lot of pop-outs, but I just love the depth and the dimensionality, the use of light and reflective surfaces also add a lot. But truthfully, it's not the best for pop-outs.

Last edited by joenostalgia23; 11-25-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:20 AM   #404
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenostalgia23 View Post
I'm wondering if it has to do with people's setups, because Tron:Legacy is one of my favorite 3D Blus. It's not as good as Avatar or Hugo, but it's certainly up there. I thought Tron looked better than The Avengers and Transformers 3 tbh.

It could be like My Bloody Valentine.
It's got great 3D, but it's so dark that on a lot of setups, the film is riddled with ghosting. I use a DLP-Link system and I had no issues with the film's 3D. It looked really good. A lot of pop-outs, though they're all a bit short IMO
And it could be a taste thing. Tron doesn't have a whole lot of pop-outs, but I just love the depth and the dimensionality, the use of light and reflective surfaces also add a lot. But truthfully, it's not the best for pop-outs.
Yeah. Probably a combination of little/no pop-outs and how dark it is.
Chet

BD 3D: This ain't yo momma's 3D!!! ;)
Old 11-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #405
Expert Member

Jan 2012

My bloody valentine:

If you are up for stomach churning gore, this is a reference quality 3D putting many native 3D's to shame. Tonnes of depth and crazy pop outs.....reminds me of final destination 5 3D but much more gory !!

For $7.50 on amazon, its a great value add to your 3D library.

Best part is its full screen 3D awesomeness!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #406
Special Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I've seen the ones you're referring to, they look like regular sun glasses but are active, styled like the passive pairs. Sony needs to get on the ball and create a lighter, more comfortable set of 3D active glasses for their sets. For many sets, the ear stems dig into the side of the head, and the nose bridge digs deep into the nose, probably creating the headache so many probably complain about when they first try 3D. Terrible early 3D glasses designs, Sony. Just as bad as the Sega Master System's 3D Glasses.
I guess I just got lucky with that. Yeah that sounds like it would would be a bummer wearing heavy uncomfortable glasses like you describe. Especially if you want to watch more than one movie in a row. Lol, I had some of those for the SEGA. I had Saxon 3D and another one. Buck Rogers I think it was. And my damn sister broke my glasses. I was so bummed. That was a lot of money for me to scrounge up back then, and I couldn't afford a replacement. Didn't even have them very long. At least I was still able to use them broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post
The main concensus around here is that Tron doesn't look that great in 3D but there is hope for the next Tron movie being made now.
Cool to hear they are making another one. I hope it's a lot better. I didn't care much for the last one. The light cycles were pretty cool, but that didn't last long. The storyline didn't interest me much. I liked the original a lot better. More of a fun adventure.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #407

Nov 2012
Washington

Harold and Kumar a very Merry Christmas Has lots of pop in it, and it is a really funny movie.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:04 AM   #408

Oct 2012
Ohio

Finally got to watch Avatar 3D. Amazing movie really lived up to the 3D hype, beautiful picture, hardly any pop outs though, but it is still a great 3D movie.
3D TV: Samsung PN51D550C1F
3D Blu Ray Player: Sony
Old 11-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #409

Oct 2012
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by j320 View Post
Which Open Season should I order?
Was considering Arthur's Christmas. Thanks for the info.
Only the first Open Season was released in 3D and it was pretty good. Also my family and I really enjoyed Arthur Christmas in 3D, there wasn't alot of pop outs but the depth was really good. Both are worth checking out. Hope this helps!
3D TV: Samsung PN51D550C1F
3D Blu Ray Player: Sony
Old 12-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #410

Nov 2012

Hey guys, I'm new to this site. I would like to know which of the following films has the most pop up effects:
Avengers
Prometheus
Titanic
TRON: Legacy
Old 12-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #411
Power Member

Mar 2009
Monrovia, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOCKWAVE6464 View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to this site. I would like to know which of the following films has the most pop up effects:
Avengers
Prometheus
Titanic
TRON: Legacy
None of those films are very pop-out heavy... or at least, not "in-your-face" if that's what you're looking for.

I own all of those, and I'd say Avatar because I distinctly remember plenty of scenes where things were sort of out of the screen.

Avengers and Titanic are both conversions, and though they're the two best conversions, they don't have very much in terms of pop-out.

Prometheus and Tron: Legacy have really strong depth and dimensionality, but they're a bit dark and they have pretty much no pop-outs. Tron might have one or two, but what I remember most was how deep everything looked.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #412
Power Member

Mar 2009
Monrovia, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG3D View Post
Harold and Kumar a very Merry Christmas Has lots of pop in it, and it is a really funny movie.
+1

Watched this a few days ago, and really liked it. Not as good as the first two movies, but the 3D is so good and it actually feels sort of perfect for this type of comedy. Very funny, though it's very crude so it may not be for everyone.

Excellent pop-outs. Every breath of smoke puffs off of the screen.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #413

Dec 2012

Avatar had alot of pop out moments
Old 12-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #414

Sep 2010
The Black Lodge

The Spy Kids 3D & Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl double feature is the new king of pop-outs.

All hail the king
Old 12-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #415
Power Member

Jun 2012
Burlington, Vermont Steelbooks-78

Well, of the 3d movies i have, id say Imax Deep Sea had some decent popout moments, as did Avatar. Imaxinosaur:Giants of Patagonia had some crazy popouts as well.
Samsung Smart LED 3DTV 120hz Model - un40d6420
Panasonic 3D Bluray player Model - DMP-BDT320(Multiregion)
Magnavox Bluray player Model - NB530MGX
Xbox 360 4gb
Monster Hyper3D 1000 HDMI x 3
Monster Powercentre model - HT700
Samsung Active 3D glasses model - SSG-3050GB x 5

FOR TRADE:Pan's Labyrinth Canadian Steelbook sealed/PM me if interested.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #416

Mar 2012
Gothenburg, Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalwilson08 View Post
Avatar had alot of pop out moments
You should watch stuff like Sammy's Adventures, A Very Special Harold & Kumar Christmas, Madagascar 3 or the Final Destination movies. Think you might want to reconsider your post after that...
Old 12-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #417
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raketbosse View Post
You should watch stuff like Sammy's Adventures, A Very Special Harold & Kumar Christmas, Madagascar 3 or the Final Destination movies. Think you might want to reconsider your post after that...
Agreed. Avatar have maybe one pop-out.
Chet

BD 3D: This ain't yo momma's 3D!!! ;)
Old 12-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #418
Power Member

Mar 2010

Avatar does have a lot of things that protrude past the screen, but they aren't really 'pop outs' as they don't come out far enough to really notice them. There are a lot of them tho!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #419

Mar 2012
Gothenburg, Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible View Post
Avatar does have a lot of things that protrude past the screen, but they aren't really 'pop outs' as they don't come out far enough to really notice them. There are a lot of them tho!
Yeah, those glowing things and some other assorted creatures peek out of the screen a little bit but they're hardly mentionable in a thread about "most/best pop-out effects".

Last edited by Raketbosse; 12-12-2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Bad grammar
Old 12-20-2012, 03:13 AM   #420
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Cool

Most Pop Outs for 3D in 2012? I'd also say Madagascar 3 3D.

Most memorable Pop Out for 3D in 2012? Monster pop out of the screen in Silent Hill Revelation, which also is one of the strongest 3D theatrical titles of the year, alongside Hugo 3D and more.

Hobbit 3D has some pop outs with arrows flying at you, and some rocks, but it's mostly about the 3D layers, which look great.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies