Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Soon: Paul Blart: Mall Cop ()
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
12 Years a Slave (Blu-ray)
$6.96
2 hrs ago
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$6.00
5 hrs ago
The Purge: Anarchy (Blu-ray)
$9.96
2 hrs ago
Riddick (Blu-ray)
$6.96
4 hrs ago
The Rover (Blu-ray)
$6.96
2 hrs ago
Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99
7 hrs ago
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$6.96
2 hrs ago
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$9.00
4 hrs ago
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
4 hrs ago
Escape Plan (Blu-ray)
$6.96
2 hrs ago
Super 8 (Blu-ray)
$4.99
7 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 hr ago
About Time (Blu-ray)
$8.00
4 hrs ago
Enemy (Blu-ray)
$8.96
3 hrs ago
Old 10-19-2012, 03:52 AM   #1861

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBuckWild View Post
You'll need to get a thick Amaray case, which holds 3-4 Discs... See if you can find it on Amazon.
Is this the correct case?

http://www.amazon.com/Empty-Thick-Re.../dp/B003628DG2

(Thanks for your help!)
Old 10-19-2012, 10:45 PM   #1862
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Illinois

Courtesy of Nisei's cases.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:55 AM   #1863
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeong1381 View Post
Anyone notice that Viva Elite has new 3 disc cases? I just got it on my jean claude van damme triple pack from walmart. Instead of a swing tray that holds 2 and one disc on the back there us one disc on each side and swing tray that holds one. I wonder if they are switching to this from now on. I'm thinking this may be their eco 3 disc case solution as the plastic is very flimsy and thin.
Hmmm...... I don't like the sound of that at all. I haven't seen those yet. Are you sure it is an Elite case and not a different brand that looks similar?

I recently got some 3-disc elite cases from Casetopia. They still heald discs in the same manner (2 on the flap, 1 on the right side of the inner case), but I noticed they felt a bit flimsier. I compared it to an older 3 disc elite case, and the new ones are definitely thinner. There's even a slight disc-shaped indentation on the inside of the case (on the side that doesn't hold a disc) where it is thinner. It doesn't have a recycle logo or anything on it, but it is thinner.

I don't like that they are thinner, but they did work out nicely in one manner. I bought these little stick-on disc hubs from amazon (I think it was from a 3rd party seller who has their orders fullfilled by amazon). I wanted to experiment with make a 3-disc case into a 4-disc case.

The Avengers (3D version set) was my main reason for wanting to try this. I hated the stacked discs inside of the case, but I wanted a case that would fit inside of the slip cover (and normal 4-disc cases are too wide). Plus I have that bonus disc from Target. I wanted to be able to leave out the digital copy, but put the other discs and the Target disc in the case.

So, I put one of these stick on hubs on the side that doesn't hold a disc, and made sure to line it up so that the center of that hub doesn't hit the center of the hub from the "page" that it comes into contact with (so the case will close fine). All in all it wasn't too bad. It is a tight fit when it comes to closing the case, but it does close with no resistance.

The only issue is that the stick on hub doesn't hold a disc quite as well as the actual hubs in the case and the disc can come loose more easily than I would like... but I did find a solution for that.... when I put some kind of paper (i.e. the DMR code sheet) in the clips and over the disc, it helps hold it to the hub and it doesn't come loose (at least not unless I REALLY go out of my way to try to force it to pop out, and even then it still usually stays put). I couldn't get all of the paper item that came with it back in the case and close it with all 4 discs in there, but I didn't care. I only put what is needed in there to hold the other disc in place. I put the 3D disc under there since it's the one that will get the least use (since I don't even have a 3D TV as of now).

But it's a solution. I haven't tried putting one of these hubs in the older, thicker 3-disc cases, but I doubt it will work. So I guess there's something to be said for the thinner cases.

But if the case you describe truly is an elite case and that's the direction these things are going in, then I'm not looking forward to that at all. That completely ruins any future use of my extra hub solution.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #1864
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

From the Korean eBay seller:

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics!

Old 10-28-2012, 04:44 AM   #1865

Nov 2011
Chicagoland

Been searching for an 8 disc blu ray case...can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #1866

Jun 2009
Florida

There's a site that sells 7-disc cases but they're located in Australia
PSN: MFvillain
Old 11-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #1867

Aug 2012
Angry 7 disc Blu-ray cases?

Where can I find a replacement case for my 7 disc Star Trek case? The darn thing fell apart.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #1868

Sep 2011
California, USA

Retail replacement Blu-ray cases for beyond six discs are still rare. If cost is not an issue there is discussion in this thread for a source in Australia for a seven disc case. Fees and insurance will add at least $27 AUD to the price.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #1869
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by norm3 View Post
Where can I find a replacement case for my 7 disc Star Trek case? The darn thing fell apart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootowls View Post
Retail replacement Blu-ray cases for beyond six discs are still rare. If cost is not an issue there is discussion in this thread for a source in Australia for a seven disc case. Fees and insurance will add at least $27 AUD to the price.
Here's the 7 disc case.

http://www.pcx.com.au/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=2096
Steve
Old 11-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #1870
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootowls View Post
Retail replacement Blu-ray cases for beyond six discs are still rare.
Yeah, and it stinks!

I just received my import of the UK version of the complete series of Friends, and I LOVE the 10-disc cases that they used for the seasons. I wish those were readily available.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #1871
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

Have 2 disc PS3 cases started popping up anywhere yet? I know they're out there because several of the new PS3 "collections" releases are coming in them (I know inFAMOUS and God of War for sure). Is there anywhere you can buy them yet? I haven't been able to find them anywhere.
Steve
Old 11-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #1872
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
NC

Casetopia has a great selection of cases. They have 1-6 disc cases of Elite and Vortex styles. They also have the clear Criterion cases.

Casetopia
Welcome to blu-ray.com, where slipcovers are more important than Blu-rays.
MY HDNA
LG 55" 1080p LED 55LN5700
Sony BDP-S5100
Sony STR-DG820
Onkyo SKS-HT540 7.1 System
Old 11-29-2012, 02:31 AM   #1873

Oct 2012
3F 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by trocks View Post
Is anyone familiar with a four disc blu-ray case with a 12.5mm spine? I've searched quite a bit with no luck, so I know it's a long shot.

I have a few three disc movies in Viva Elite cases which I have come across a fourth disc for. I want to add that disc to the set while still using the original artwork and slip covers.

Any thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeong1381 View Post
Anyone notice that Viva Elite has new 3 disc cases? I just got it on my jean claude van damme triple pack from walmart. Instead of a swing tray that holds 2 and one disc on the back there us one disc on each side and swing tray that holds one. I wonder if they are switching to this from now on. I'm thinking this may be their eco 3 disc case solution as the plastic is very flimsy and thin.

I've been making my own combo packs for awhile now and had the same problem with the slipcover no longer fitting when It went to 4 discs. I was using a 4 disc case and not the slipcover. I too bought some of the triple packs from Walmart. I changed the 1 disc inside tray with a 2 disc inside tray from a viva 3 disc case and it worked. I was afraid the case wouldn't close with 4 discs inside, but it does very easily. I think it's a perfect solution.

Here are some photos.

The trays line up almost perfect. I snapped each one in the other ones case.

The pic makes it look like it's bowed at the top but it's not.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #1874

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3F 121 View Post
I've been making my own combo packs for awhile now and had the same problem with the slipcover no longer fitting when It went to 4 discs. I was using a 4 disc case and not the slipcover. I too bought some of the triple packs from Walmart. I changed the 1 disc inside tray with a 2 disc inside tray from a viva 3 disc case and it worked. I was afraid the case wouldn't close with 4 discs inside, but it does very easily. I think it's a perfect solution.
That looks great! What kind of triple packs at Walmart have these cases? Are they the triple feature blu-rays?
Old 11-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #1875

Oct 2012
3F 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by trocks View Post
That looks great! What kind of triple packs at Walmart have these cases? Are they the triple feature blu-rays?
Yes, they are the triple features with the white border that says "own the moments".
Walmart had them on Black Friday with a "promo" sticker on the front.

Looks like this.

Walmart also has the triple packs with a gold-ish border that says "own the moments".
I don't know if the inside is the same on these.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:28 AM   #1876

Jun 2011

Quote:
Yes, they are the triple features with the white border that says "own the moments".
Thanks! I know what to look for on my next trip to Walmart.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #1877

Dec 2009

Quote:

Here are some photos.

The trays line up almost perfect. I snapped each one in the other ones case.
[Show spoiler]

The pic makes it look like it's bowed at the top but it's not.
You good Sir are a god among men.

So the 3 disc cases from discmakers are the same size as a standard Elite correct? If so then I need to go to WM and pick up some of those ones you mentioned and order some of the 3 disc from discmakers. I dislike how Disney has gone the stacking route.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.

Last edited by neoz; 11-30-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #1878
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

So, where exactly do you get the 3 disc cases that hold a disc on each side of the case, with the 'flap' holding one disc? I'm interested in getting some of these and swapping the tray out from an elite 3-disc case to make the 4-disc case.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #1879
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Orange Park, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
So, where exactly do you get the 3 disc cases that hold a disc on each side of the case, with the 'flap' holding one disc? I'm interested in getting some of these and swapping the tray out from an elite 3-disc case to make the 4-disc case.
It seems that Fox/MGM is starting to use them. I recently bought Firefly:The Complete Series and Modern Family: Season One from FoxConnect and they both came with these cases. I made the Firefly one into a 4-discer and stuck Serenity in there. I'm not sure if any website is selling these yet, though.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #1880
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

Is there anything inside of those cases indicating the brand/manufacturer?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America