COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Justified: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.69
Ken Burns: The Roosevelts (Blu-ray)
$76.89
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$15.78
On the Beach (Blu-ray)
$17.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 11-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #281
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendarymatt92 View Post
I don't blame you for being - is it too much to ask that packages are treated with some decency? I know Royal Mail have a lot to deal with, but surely they should treat their customer's packages well - not leave them out in the rain, drop them repeatedly, etc.

Have Play got any in stock to replace damages with?

Gotta be honest, though, it is one of the best looking steels I've seen for a while - I think I live it even more than the Watchmen one!
I know right!? Ridiculous. No, Play sold out of this a while back and once their gone their gone. From what I've heard they just offer you a refund of your money but that isn't the same thing :/

and yeah, I have to agree. Watchmen was like WOAH! but this....this is like WOAH WOAH!
Pre-ordered
Arrow: Season 2, X-Men: Complete Collection (with Cerebro helmet), X-Men: Days of Future Past (digibook) and (US Collector's edition with Magneto helmet)

Check out my 'Signed Stuff' thread!
Old 11-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #282

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groge511 View Post
[Show spoiler]
holly crap that horrid,you should not expect to get any steel like that

my ted came in a soakin wet box too
Old 11-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #283
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucraig View Post
[/SPOILER] holly crap that horrid,you should not expect to get any steel like that

my ted came in a soakin wet box too
I know
Pre-ordered
Arrow: Season 2, X-Men: Complete Collection (with Cerebro helmet), X-Men: Days of Future Past (digibook) and (US Collector's edition with Magneto helmet)

Old 11-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #284

Mar 2007
UK

[Show spoiler]
Quote:
To be fair, the worse first pic can only be seen when looking at closely in the light. The small second one however is as clear as day

Mine's not quite that bad but it does have some of those hairline scratches, a few scuffs and the odd paint chip. Not impressed!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #285
Special Member

Aug 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland

Pre-orders [Steelbooks]:

→ Indiana Jones Collection (Individual steelbooks)[Zavvi Exclusives]
add me on: PSN: lFraser → Steam: _fraser
Old 11-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #286

Oct 2010
Scotland

Paint chips all over mine too. Just another Steelbook with p**s poor quality control. Ted also had 2 cracking paint chips on the back.

Not a good day for steelbook deliveries
Old 11-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #287

Feb 2011
Wales, UK, Steelbooks™: 118

a quick view of the play.com release

Old 11-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #288
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1888 View Post
Paint chips all over mine too. Just another Steelbook with p**s poor quality control. Ted also had 2 cracking paint chips on the back.

Not a good day for steelbook deliveries
That sucks man. It is certainly not a good day. My Jaws wasn't perfect either.
Pre-ordered

Old 11-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #289
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
I know right!? Ridiculous. No, Play sold out of this a while back and once their gone their gone. From what I've heard they just offer you a refund of your money but that isn't the same thing :/

and yeah, I have to agree. Watchmen was like WOAH! but this....this is like WOAH WOAH!
That's why I think that, when companies are selling things like this that are slightly easier to damage than just amarays, they should always reserve some stock should people need a replacement. It's not fair that someone should have to get a refund for an item that they clearly want just because there are none left, especially when it's not even their fault that the item is damaged in the first place.

If I had a spare copy I'd give it to you, mate, but I cancelled my second copy a few days before release
Old 11-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #290
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendarymatt92 View Post
That's why I think that, when companies are selling things like this that are slightly easier to damage than just amarays, they should always reserve some stock should people need a replacement. It's not fair that someone should have to get a refund for an item that they clearly want just because there are none left, especially when it's not even their fault that the item is damaged in the first place.

If I had a spare copy I'd give it to you, mate, but I cancelled my second copy a few days before release
Exactly, it really sucks. Just one of those things I guess.
Aw thanks for the consideration anyway man
Pre-ordered

Old 11-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #291

Jul 2012
Aylesbury, England

Mine finally arrived about 5.10pm yesterday and I was very happy to see that both I ordered did turn up mint. I'm now looking to trade my spare copy with a fellow collector who missed out on this beauty.

My play.com are always late because the driver said he only lives a couple of roads away so I'm his last delivery.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #292
Expert Member

Apr 2010
London

Pissed off. Mine arrived last night about 8pm (Latest i have ever received a package). Opened it up today and the condition is a joke. Nice scratch on the front right hand side. Spine is terribly mis-aligned. 2 paint chippings on the back and tones of hairline scratches. The thing looks 2nd hand. How does this stuff pass QC?
The World Is Yours

Pre-Orders:Skyfall Steelbook, Who Framed Roger Rabbit Steelbook
My Blu Ray Collection http://youtu.be/7Jk3cPdrmL8
Old 11-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #293
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy CYP View Post
Pissed off. Mine arrived last night about 8pm (Latest i have ever received a package). Opened it up today and the condition is a joke. Nice scratch on the front right hand side. Spine is terribly mis-aligned. 2 paint chippings on the back and tones of hairline scratches. The thing looks 2nd hand. How does this stuff pass QC?
Damn that's another one. I can't believe how many of us have received damaged copies.
Pre-ordered

Old 11-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #294
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Reading, England SteelBooks™77 Slipcovers:228

thats terrible news and seeing as though its sold out everyone is pretty much screwed.
Living room - Panasonic TX-P50ST50B TV, XBOX ONE, Xbox 360 S 250gb, PS3, Technika BRSS10 region free Blu ray player, Yamaha A-S500, Monitor Audio RX 2 & Wharfedale 10.6, Rega DAC, SKY HD

228 slipcovers, 77 steelbooks, 29 digibooks, 4 digipacks, 40 boxsets..........the rest amarays.

LOVING THE XBOX ONE!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #295

May 2011

Play have upped the game in packaging and then the monkeys that pack for them ruin it all. I have just had mine arrive and i found 3 steelbooks stuffed into a box for 2. They could not even close it properly so taped it up. I know one has arrived safe and sound and another i have kept sealed but the third has been damaged and the spine is even coming off.

such a shame but at least banking on 3 the odds of a mint steelbook is raised. Now i will have to open my trade copy to make sure it is ok as i dont want another collector getting something that should have been sent back.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #296
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Scotland
Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboy1971 View Post
Play have upped the game in packaging and then the monkeys that pack for them ruin it all. I have just had mine arrive and i found 3 steelbooks stuffed into a box for 2. They could not even close it properly so taped it up. I know one has arrived safe and sound and another i have kept sealed but the third has been damaged and the spine is even coming off.

such a shame but at least banking on 3 the odds of a mint steelbook is raised. Now i will have to open my trade copy to make sure it is ok as i dont want another collector getting something that should have been sent back.
Jesus! That's shocking like! I think we all need to complain to them saying that although their packaging is great and we never (or hardly ever) get damaged steels from them that something isn't right.
Pre-ordered

Old 11-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #297
Expert Member

Jul 2009
Northampton (UK)

1 of mine looked like it had been stamped on wtf!!!!!!
Panasonic TX-L42ET5B-Tv
Panasonic DMP-BDT220EB-Blu Ray player
Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K Sound Bar
XBox 360
Pre ordered Xbox one

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....111557&page=13
Old 11-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #298
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

My Battle Royale arrived in a large padded box with Ted steelbook, at 3pm by taxi?? Driver said he delivers stuff part time for extra cash... Never knew this.

Anyway, I guess I was lucky, both mint. Didnt realise how nice the BR steel was, with the raised red lettering
Pre-Orders: The Toxic Avenger, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men: Days of Future Past digibook, Nightbreed 3 disc L.E, The 'Burbs - SB, Halloween - Complete Collection Deluxe set, The Exorcist - Complete Anthology collection Sabotage, Twin Peaks - The Entire Mystery, Ghostbusters 2 SB
Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #299
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu MacReady View Post
My Battle Royale arrived in a large padded box with Ted steelbook, at 3pm by taxi?? Driver said he delivers stuff part time for extra cash... Never knew this.

Anyway, I guess I was lucky, both mint. Didnt realise how nice the BR steel was, with the raised red lettering
Thats Hermes for you. Just people doing it part time, and on th side, hence why they are the worst form of delivery you can get
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #300

Feb 2012
UK

i wasnt in and found a package in the middle of my garden gate was locked so must of had a good arm on the person who lobbed it. Lucky its ok
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks