COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Water Life: Planet Water (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Sorcerer (Blu-ray)
$19.59
Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (Blu-ray)
$16.09
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Party (Blu-ray)
$17.49
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion > HTiB (all-in-one systems)

Old 11-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #1

Sep 2012
Default Looking into a decent small system with dialog enhancement (Panasonic SC-HTB350)

Hey all,

I am currently researching a small speaker set-up or sound bar that has decent sound, but that also has the ability to raise the dialog volume on blu-rays especially. I love blu, but hate having my tv volume all the way up and still barely hearing dialog! I know that to achieve the best results you need a full surround set-up bu that isn't feasible for me right now. I'm just looking for something for the bedroom. Thus far my search led me to the Panasonic SC-HTB350. Its one of the few speakers/soundbars I've found that has a dialog control:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SC-H...onic+sc-htb350

Does anyone have any other suggestions that could meet what I am looking for or any experience with this sound system? I appreciate you taking the time to read.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-26-2012, 12:59 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperSRT87 View Post
Hey all,

I am currently researching a small speaker set-up or sound bar that has decent sound, but that also has the ability to raise the dialog volume on blu-rays especially. I love blu, but hate having my tv volume all the way up and still barely hearing dialog! I know that to achieve the best results you need a full surround set-up bu that isn't feasible for me right now. I'm just looking for something for the bedroom. Thus far my search led me to the Panasonic SC-HTB350. Its one of the few speakers/soundbars I've found that has a dialog control:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SC-H...onic+sc-htb350

Does anyone have any other suggestions that could meet what I am looking for or any experience with this sound system? I appreciate you taking the time to read.

Thanks,
Mike
I'd recommend posting in the HTIB sub-forum. More chatter on sound bars and the such over there:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81
Old 11-26-2012, 02:06 AM   #3

Sep 2012

Thanks man. I'll repost there. Mod if you want to delete this one you may.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #4

Sep 2012

Ok lets try to attack this from another angle. Is there any soundbar/small speaker set up that allows you to raise the dialog volume without having to have a huge receiver/surround set up? I'm not looking necessarily for mind blowing sound right now just something that is better than the stock tv speakers and has dialog control.

Thanks
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion > HTiB (all-in-one systems)