Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Old School (Blu-ray)
$5.20
Beethoven: Symphonies 7-9 (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers

Old 08-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #921
Power Member

Mar 2009
KC,MO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat1 View Post
I think this thing is a big as the Empire or maybe a little bigger.
Are the Power Sound subs down firing ? Just curious i've never actually had or heard a down firing.
Nvrmnd,just checked their website apparently they are.Really curious to see how they sound .
Basement ''mancave'' setup :
Sanyo PLV-1080HD Projector,Focupix 100'' manual screen,APC-H10,Onkyo 805,Emotiva XPA-3,PS- 3 slim, Polk Rti-12, Polk CS2,Polk Monitor 60(rears),PSA XV-15 Emotiva Utra Sub 12
Living room setup:
Panasonic TC-60PU54 ''60 Plasma,Onkyo 705, PS- 3 80GB(MGS4 Bundle edition)w/ upgraded 500 gb HD,Eosone RSF1000 tower speakers, Polk Fxi-5,Polk Csi-25

PSN ID: ADAPPJ28

Last edited by PurpleJesus74; 08-29-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #922
Power Member

Jan 2012

My old Klipsch 12" is down firing with a port. Sounded really good for its time. Not very tight tho.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:32 AM   #923

Nov 2012
Default Epik Sub won't turn on

Hey guys,

So i have recently moved to a 220V country (Malaysia) and have brought my Epik Sub with me. I moved it to the 220V position, changed the fuse but all i get is the red light turns on for a second then goes out.........the sub is unreseponsive. It was shipped by Air in its original Box which didn;t show any sign of damage.

I've left Epik 3 emails, 2 voice mails and called a few times.......not easy when the time difference sucks.

any ideas at all?

thanks

matt
Old 11-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #924
Power Member

Jan 2012

Hey Matt,sorry to hear that.. Do you have it plugged into the right sub output on the back of the receiver? Is the sub set to on in the settings? Also,good luck getting a hold of them,I have the legend and I sold it to my brother. The sub works fine,but I went with a different sub just out of principle for the complete lack of customer service..
Onkyo 818
Emotiva XPA-3,UPA-200
Panasonic 60ST50 Plasma
Martin Logan EM ESL's
Martin Logan EM C2 center
Motion 4's for height speakers
Energy Veritis V-S Dipole/Bipole Surrounds
Power Sound XS30
Old 11-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #925

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreilly View Post
Hey guys,

So i have recently moved to a 220V country (Malaysia) and have brought my Epik Sub with me. I moved it to the 220V position, changed the fuse but all i get is the red light turns on for a second then goes out.........the sub is unreseponsive. It was shipped by Air in its original Box which didn;t show any sign of damage.

I've left Epik 3 emails, 2 voice mails and called a few times.......not easy when the time difference sucks.

any ideas at all?

thanks

matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat1 View Post
Hey Matt,sorry to hear that.. Do you have it plugged into the right sub output on the back of the receiver? Is the sub set to on in the settings? Also,good luck getting a hold of them,I have the legend and I sold it to my brother. The sub works fine,but I went with a different sub just out of principle for the complete lack of customer service..
I haven't had any luck contacting them either. The amp on my 3 yr old Sentinel bit the dust Tuesday and have been leaving voicemails and emails w/ no response back. I'll definitely be taking my business elsewhere as I can't stand not having a sub as I'm an avid movie watcher and movies aren't just the same w/o the low end (First world problems, I know).

However, it was great while it worked and definitely didn't have any complaints about it. Customer service for this company is definitely lacking and I hope everybody else w/ an Epik product has better luck than I. I can understand they're a small internet direct company, but not returning your customer's inquiries in a timely manner is unacceptable and unprofessional.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #926
Power Member

Jan 2012

Its funny,before I ordered my Legend I talked at length with Chad the owner,I also own a business and we specifically talked about customer service and then this happens,you can't make it up. I got a new sub from Power sound just out of principle. If your looking for another sub I have Power sounds XV 15 and it is stellar,I couldn't be more happy..
Onkyo 818
Emotiva XPA-3,UPA-200
Panasonic 60ST50 Plasma
Martin Logan EM ESL's
Power Sound XS30
Old 11-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #927
Special Member

Mar 2010
"Empire" State

Hello Gent's

Sorry to hear that you all are having such a difficult time getting any help from Epik.
I have had many lengthy conversations with Chad and was very helpful "very nice guy" IMO.

I could say maybe they were affected by "Big Sandy" but that may not be the case as many other Epik owners have encountered the same problem with customer service. What a shame. Hopefully you all get your issues resolved.

Cheers Buck.M.

Edit: sorry, I forgot to add the in my post.
Emotiva UMC-1 (Pre/Pro) - Emotiva UPA-1 x3 UPA-2 (Power Amplifiers) - OPPO BDP-103 (Blu-ray Player)
Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v.5 (Floor Standing Speakers) - Paradigm Reference Studio CC-690 v.5 (Center Speaker) - Paradigm Reference Studio ADP-590 (Surround Speakers)
Seaton Subnersive HP (Subwoofer) - Panasonic PT-AE2000U (Projector) - Elite Screens (106" Fixed Frame)
Belkin PureAV PF60 - Harmony 1100 (remote)

Last edited by B.Hulk; 11-09-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #928
Power Member

Jan 2012

He is a very nice guy,but for the love of god,what about all your customers having problems? So he's nice,but he's not around to answer questions or fix problems.. C'mon! Sandy has nothing to do with it. He's out of Chicago. He's more than likely going out of business.
Onkyo 818
Emotiva XPA-3,UPA-200
Panasonic 60ST50 Plasma
Martin Logan EM ESL's
Power Sound XS30
Old 11-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #929
Special Member

Mar 2010
"Empire" State

There's no excuse for his behavior. No customer should ever have to put in multiple calls or send numerous emails, before getting a response. Especially if your an internet based company.

That's just bad business...
Emotiva UMC-1 (Pre/Pro) - Emotiva UPA-1 x3 UPA-2 (Power Amplifiers) - OPPO BDP-103 (Blu-ray Player)
Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v.5 (Floor Standing Speakers) - Paradigm Reference Studio CC-690 v.5 (Center Speaker) - Paradigm Reference Studio ADP-590 (Surround Speakers)
Seaton Subnersive HP (Subwoofer) - Panasonic PT-AE2000U (Projector) - Elite Screens (106" Fixed Frame)
Belkin PureAV PF60 - Harmony 1100 (remote)
Old 11-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #930

Oct 2011
West Tennessee

It sounds like Epic may be going out of business...
Old 11-13-2012, 02:27 AM   #931
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Los Angeles

its sad to hear that Epik is turning into eD now with their lack of customer service and sub issues
SVS
Pioneer ELITE
Onkyo
Panamax
Audioquest
Old 11-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #932

Jul 2011

are people just jumping to conclusions? doesn't seem like epik is anywhere near where eD was. my legend is still running just fine. also on their webpage as of august 20th theres a posting about how their phone lines were changed so they missed some phone calls and messages, whether or not thats true I dont know but maybe give them another call.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #933

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave628 View Post
are people just jumping to conclusions? doesn't seem like epik is anywhere near where eD was. my legend is still running just fine. also on their webpage as of august 20th theres a posting about how their phone lines were changed so they missed some phone calls and messages, whether or not thats true I dont know but maybe give them another call.
I'm not jumping to conclusions. The facts are that I have a dead amp as of Nov 6 and I've called and left voicemails everyday, sent an email every other day and have not received support. I've already taken it as a loss and moved on as one week w/o response is really unacceptable.

If I can't get a hold of somebody, I wonder how long it'll take for my sub to get fixed if I have to send it to them.

So future prospective buyers, please take note. If your sub has problems, then you may not be able to get support from them in the future.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #934

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreilly View Post
Hey guys,

any ideas at all?

thanks

matt
You still haven't received a response from them?
Tron Legacy on my HT

Pioneer Elite SC-27 + Emotiva XPA-5
Fronts: Paradigm Monitor 11 v6
Center: Paradigm CC-390
Surrounds: Paradigm Monitor 9 v6
Backs: Hsu Research HB-1 MK2
Sub: Dual Epik Empires
Old 11-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #935

Oct 2011
West Tennessee
Default Monday Email

Just received this email from Epic this morning announcing a cyber deal they have going on right now. So, someone must still be around working...I would try giving them a call one more time.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #936

Dec 2009

Damn....My wife was going to buy me a second Empire for Christmas. Should I tell her to hold off?
Tron Legacy on my HT

Old 11-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #937
Power Member

Jan 2012

I wouldn't!
Onkyo 818
Emotiva XPA-3,UPA-200
Panasonic 60ST50 Plasma
Martin Logan EM ESL's
Power Sound XS30
Old 11-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #938

Dec 2009

I called up to find out the deal and spoke with a representative there. She explained a few things for me to clear the air and encouraged me to spread the word:

- Since Elemental Designs went out of business the EPIK business has been booming. So much in fact that they have NEVER been this busy in the history of the company.
- They are struggling to keep up with the demand from a customer standpoint but promise they try to get to every single customer they can.
- They are even working on some new products which will be announced in the near future.

Just thought all the Epik owners would like to know that the company seems to doing great except from a customer relations resource perspective.
Tron Legacy on my HT

Last edited by NzYme; 11-26-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #939
Power Member

Mar 2009
Far Southside Chicago (Orland Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzYme View Post
I called up to find out the deal and spoke with a representative there. She explained a few things for me to clear the air and encouraged me to spread the word:

- Since Elemental Designs went out of business the EPIK business has been booming. So much in fact that they have NEVER been this busy in the history of the company.
- They are struggling to keep up with the demand from a customer standpoint but promise they try to get to every single customer they can.
- They are even working on some new products which will be announced in the near future.

Just thought all the Epik owners would like to know that the company seems to doing great except from a customer relations resource perspective.
That is great news, I wonder what the new products will be. Maybe a 18" ported sub?? Thanks for the news.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #940

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzYme View Post
I don't care how busy they are, they need to take care of their customer service. With as many internet distributed sub company's there are now, the prices are very competetive and customer service will and should be an aspect looked upon by prospective buyers.

I've still haven't received any responses to my multiple voicemails/emails as of Nov 6. I've moved on and will never buy anything from this company again. I dropped $800 on a sub and now have a 80 lb paperweight to show for it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers