Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
5 hrs ago
Jurassic World 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.59

The LEGO Ninjago Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Dracula 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99
16 hrs ago
Minions 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.97

Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.97

Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Thunder and the House of Magic (Blu-ray)
$8.43

Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.16

National Parks Adventure 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.89

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 11-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #421

Nov 2011
Oshawa, Ontario
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Around View Post
I have Megamind (and saw it) and actually my order of Madagascar 3/Open Season just arrived. I remember the Megamind 3D being very pretty to look at, but I don't remember too much popping out at me ....unless my memory sucks.
I just remember something coming fairly far out of my screen at one point and it has been a while since I watched it, it could be that I am also mistaken.
Slight 3d addidction!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #422

Nov 2011
Oshawa, Ontario
Canada

If you can stand these movies like I can then flying swords of dragon gate I just watched and it was crazy good!!!!!
Slight 3d addidction!
Old 11-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #423

Oct 2012

Sammy's Turtle Adventure
Drive Angry
Madagascar 3d

top 3 out there
Sony 55" XBR HX929
Samsung BD-E6500ZA 3d blu-ray player
old Bose V25 system :(
Old 11-24-2012, 04:33 AM   #424

Oct 2012
Ohio

Watched Brave the other night with the kids, pretty decent movie plot wise, the cg was spectacular, and the 3D was really good. Not alot of pop outs, but the depth was really great and consistent.

Tonight we all watched Christmas Carol. Love the snow in this movie.
3D TV: LG 55UB 8500 55-inch 4K Ultra HD 120 Hz 3D Smart LED

3D Blu-ray Player: LG BP530 3D Blu-ray player

Surround Sound: Onkyo HT-S3700 5.1-Home Theater System

Game System: PlayStation 4
Old 11-24-2012, 05:54 AM   #425

Nov 2012

How is the 3d in a Christmas carol? I haven't seen that or Brave. I want to see them both but I don't want to blind buy.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:56 AM   #426

Nov 2012

I agree. Flying of swords of dragon is excellent. Good movie and outstanding use of 3d to go along with it. Pretty rare for a live action martial arts film
Old 11-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #427

Oct 2012
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Blu View Post
How is the 3d in a Christmas carol? I haven't seen that or Brave. I want to see them both but I don't want to blind buy.
The 3D in both are really good. The snow in Christmas Carol comes right into your room. There are a few good pop out scenes, and the depth is great. A for Brave it is more depth than pop out, not saying the 3D is bad though cause the depth really does look good. I would recommend them both, especially Christmas Carol.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #428
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
It's nice that the active glasses for my Samsung are not heavy like that. They are very light weight, and not uncomfortable to wear. And they fit easily over my prescription glasses. There is hardly a difference for me. It's just like wearing any sunglasses.
I've seen the ones you're referring to, they look like regular sun glasses but are active, styled like the passive pairs. Sony needs to get on the ball and create a lighter, more comfortable set of 3D active glasses for their sets. For many sets, the ear stems dig into the side of the head, and the nose bridge digs deep into the nose, probably creating the headache so many probably complain about when they first try 3D. Terrible early 3D glasses designs, Sony. Just as bad as the Sega Master System's 3D Glasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblystonejr View Post
Watched the first part of Titanic 3D last night. It looks really, really good, can't wait to finish it tonight. Really glad I picked this one up!

Okay just finished Part 2 tonight and wow I felt like I was watching a whole new movie. The sense of depth is just spectacular. Hardly any pop outs, but that was kind of expected. It just feels like you are right there with them thru this journey. Is this what Avatar is like?
Yes, strong 3D in Avatar and Titanic 3D. For equally strong 3D with plenty more pop outs, don't miss Silent Hill Revelation 3D, due on blu ray 3D 2013 and one of the best 3D examples in a movie I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton3779 View Post
Megamind great popouts, Madagascar 3 fantastic popouts, open season great popouts, if you can Sammys adventures is the best I've seen.
Agreed. Madagascar 3 3D great pop outs. Rise of the Guardians 3D has the same strong 3D, but fewer pop outs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton3779 View Post
If you can stand these movies like I can then flying swords of dragon gate I just watched and it was crazy good!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Blu View Post
I agree. Flying of swords of dragon is excellent. Good movie and outstanding use of 3d to go along with it. Pretty rare for a live action martial arts film
Saw it for 21 bucks, will have to check it out now, being a fan of martial arts and Jet Li. Thanks.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Old 11-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #429
Banned

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I've seen the ones you're referring to, they look like regular sun glasses but are active, styled like the passive pairs. Sony needs to get on the ball and create a lighter, more comfortable set of 3D active glasses for their sets. For many sets, the ear stems dig into the side of the head, and the nose bridge digs deep into the nose, probably creating the headache so many probably complain about when they first try 3D. Terrible early 3D glasses designs, Sony. Just as bad as the Sega Master System's 3D Glasses.

Yes, strong 3D in Avatar and Titanic 3D. For equally strong 3D with plenty more pop outs, don't miss Silent Hill Revelation 3D, due on blu ray 3D 2013 and one of the best 3D examples in a movie I've ever seen.

Agreed. Madagascar 3 3D great pop outs. Rise of the Guardians 3D has the same strong 3D, but fewer pop outs.

Saw it for 21 bucks, will have to check it out now, being a fan of martial arts and Jet Li. Thanks.
I finally finish 'Sword' and while the 3D is great for the most part, the film is absolutely diabolically bad and I actually usually quite like these kinds of films.

The story is just RIDICULOUS!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #430

Nov 2012

Tron Legacy 3D in 6.1 watched at night blows you away like nothing else seen before. Trust me
Old 11-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #431
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX

The main concensus around here is that Tron doesn't look that great in 3D but there is hope for the next Tron movie being made now.
Chet

BD 3D: This ain't yo momma's 3D!!! ;)
Old 11-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #432
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Your resident Dune, Star Wars, and war film expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi2012 View Post
Tron Legacy 3D in 6.1 watched at night blows you away like nothing else seen before. Trust me
You mean 7.1.
My Home Theater
Display: LG 65UH60 4K LED HDR10
Player: Sony UBP-X800 UHD/BD
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR709 Dolby TrueHD/DTS-HD MA
Speakers: Onkyo SKS-HT540 7.1 System
My Motion Picture Collection
Old 11-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #433

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas1015 View Post
I'm planning to get FInal Destination 4 and Journey to the Center of the Earth as they're both 15$.
I'm currently looking for 3D BDs with loads of pop-out strong 3D.
Final Destination 4 has without a doubt the best pop-out effect I've seen yet. For those who have the movie, I'm refering to the snake scene. That sucker get's right in your face and sticks his toungue out at you. Beyond that, it's just a real fun 3D movie that doesn't weigh you down with unnecessary crap like a plot.....
Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #434

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
You mean 7.1.
I've got 6.1
Old 11-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #435
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post
The main concensus around here is that Tron doesn't look that great in 3D but there is hope for the next Tron movie being made now.
I'm wondering if it has to do with people's setups, because Tron:Legacy is one of my favorite 3D Blus. It's not as good as Avatar or Hugo, but it's certainly up there. I thought Tron looked better than The Avengers and Transformers 3 tbh.

It could be like My Bloody Valentine.
It's got great 3D, but it's so dark that on a lot of setups, the film is riddled with ghosting. I use a DLP-Link system and I had no issues with the film's 3D. It looked really good. A lot of pop-outs, though they're all a bit short IMO
And it could be a taste thing. Tron doesn't have a whole lot of pop-outs, but I just love the depth and the dimensionality, the use of light and reflective surfaces also add a lot. But truthfully, it's not the best for pop-outs.

Last edited by joenostalgia23; 11-25-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:20 AM   #436
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenostalgia23 View Post
I'm wondering if it has to do with people's setups, because Tron:Legacy is one of my favorite 3D Blus. It's not as good as Avatar or Hugo, but it's certainly up there. I thought Tron looked better than The Avengers and Transformers 3 tbh.

It could be like My Bloody Valentine.
It's got great 3D, but it's so dark that on a lot of setups, the film is riddled with ghosting. I use a DLP-Link system and I had no issues with the film's 3D. It looked really good. A lot of pop-outs, though they're all a bit short IMO
And it could be a taste thing. Tron doesn't have a whole lot of pop-outs, but I just love the depth and the dimensionality, the use of light and reflective surfaces also add a lot. But truthfully, it's not the best for pop-outs.
Yeah. Probably a combination of little/no pop-outs and how dark it is.
Chet

BD 3D: This ain't yo momma's 3D!!! ;)
Old 11-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #437
Expert Member

Jan 2012

My bloody valentine:

If you are up for stomach churning gore, this is a reference quality 3D putting many native 3D's to shame. Tonnes of depth and crazy pop outs.....reminds me of final destination 5 3D but much more gory !!

For $7.50 on amazon, its a great value add to your 3D library.

Best part is its full screen 3D awesomeness!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #438
Power Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I guess I just got lucky with that. Yeah that sounds like it would would be a bummer wearing heavy uncomfortable glasses like you describe. Especially if you want to watch more than one movie in a row. Lol, I had some of those for the SEGA. I had Saxon 3D and another one. Buck Rogers I think it was. And my damn sister broke my glasses. I was so bummed. That was a lot of money for me to scrounge up back then, and I couldn't afford a replacement. Didn't even have them very long. At least I was still able to use them broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post
Cool to hear they are making another one. I hope it's a lot better. I didn't care much for the last one. The light cycles were pretty cool, but that didn't last long. The storyline didn't interest me much. I liked the original a lot better. More of a fun adventure.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #439

Nov 2012
Washington

Harold and Kumar a very Merry Christmas Has lots of pop in it, and it is a really funny movie.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:04 AM   #440

Oct 2012
Ohio

Finally got to watch Avatar 3D. Amazing movie really lived up to the 3D hype, beautiful picture, hardly any pop outs though, but it is still a great 3D movie.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies