Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Miami Vice: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Knight Rider: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.27
The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Pete's Dragon (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Waxwork / Waxwork II: Lost in Time (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Flash: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Suicide Squad 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.95
The Legend of Tarzan 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

Old 11-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #17501
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam1bearcat View Post
two times! two!

i don't know he does it! what a work ethic! talk about a guy that really cares about the business and devotes everything he has to it! i can completely understand why he gets a title shot at Royal Rumble!
Because he's a legend. He's paid his dues, and he's still a draw. People want to see him wrestle the current top guys he's never wrestled like CM Punk, and will pay good money for it.

The roster is thin, and we've seen all the same old main events time and again. And WWE has been so crap at making new stars and sustaining main event pushes (Kofi, Jack Swagger, etc.)

That's why he gets a title shot at Royal Rumble.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:26 AM   #17502
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky87 View Post
Because he's a legend. He's paid his dues, and he's still a draw. People want to see him wrestle the current top guys he's never wrestled like CM Punk, and will pay good money for it.

The roster is thin, and we've seen all the same old main events time and again. And WWE has been so crap at making new stars and sustaining main event pushes (Kofi, Jack Swagger, etc.)

That's why he gets a title shot at Royal Rumble.
it's one thing to host WM, or headline with a match with Cena. and it's one thing to come back and it's one thing to be a legend and be a draw, but it's an entirely different realm when you give him a title shot out of thin air.

bad example forthcoming, but that would be like saying, "okay, the 1972 Dolphins were a great team, and we're unhappy with teams with a winning record this year, so let's have the '72 Dolphins in the Super Bowl this year because at least that will boost ratings and put eyes on our product again."

as bad as the roster is, it's still disrespectful and looks bad to bring someone back who has wrestled twice in a decade a title shot.

eventually it becomes beating a dead horse.
Seattle Seahawks XLVIII Champions

2014: 14-4; Super Bowl XLIX Bound!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #17503
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
it's one thing to host WM, or headline with a match with Cena. and it's one thing to come back and it's one thing to be a legend and be a draw, but it's an entirely different realm when you give him a title shot out of thin air.

bad example forthcoming, but that would be like saying, "okay, the 1972 Dolphins were a great team, and we're unhappy with teams with a winning record this year, so let's have the '72 Dolphins in the Super Bowl this year because at least that will boost ratings and put eyes on our product again."

as bad as the roster is, it's still disrespectful and looks bad to bring someone back who has wrestled twice in a decade a title shot.

eventually it becomes beating a dead horse.
I totally get that, but as a fan in 2012, it doesn't bother me to give The Rock a title shot over a full time wrestler. If this was years ago when title shots actually mattered and were crucial in getting you to the next level, I would care. The past several years I've seen guys get title shots, only to go back to the mid-card and continue at the same level, as if it never happened, and never amount to anything.

Speaking of... Is Christian still around? Guy is way over due of a legit World Title run.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:01 AM   #17504
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky87 View Post
I totally get that, but as a fan in 2012, it doesn't bother me to give The Rock a title shot over a full time wrestler. If this was years ago when title shots actually mattered and were crucial in getting you to the next level, I would care. The past several years I've seen guys get title shots, only to go back to the mid-card and continue at the same level, as if it never happened, and never amount to anything.

Speaking of... Is Christian still around? Guy is way over due of a legit World Title run.
i agree with that as well. i think Triple H is starting to get his way and he wants longer reigns which means more substantial and better reigns for guys who actually prove and deserve it. which is why this is a bad time for The Rock to get a title shot because it kind of goes against what Triple H wants to preach.

if Rock loses, okay, no harm. but i doubt they have him coming back to lose to Punk, unless his ego is set aside and he wants to put Punk over (which i hope is the case).

i know Christian had an ankle injury months ago but i believe he's back to being... something lol. randomly put in matches on Smackdown.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:09 AM   #17505
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Fort Scott, KS

I think WWE missed a HUGE chance to do something with The Miz face turn and leaving Team Ziggler. WARNING FANTASY BOOKING AHEAD

WWE should have had The Miz be the sole survivor by defeating ADR and Ziggler leading to Ziggler losing to Miz on Main Event and then getting pissed and saying he wants another match at TLC and Miz says only if he puts up the briefcase in a Ladder Match. Have Miz WIN the WHCMITB briefcase and cash in that same night on Big Show after another Sheamus beat down with a chair. Then Miz defends against Show at Rumble and beats him while Ziggler wins the Rumble from the Number 1 spot and then challenges Miz for the WHC at Mania adn they can have Ziggler win at Mania (They love to have the WHC change at Mania)
Old 11-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #17506
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubunkey View Post
I think WWE missed a HUGE chance to do something with The Miz face turn and leaving Team Ziggler. WARNING FANTASY BOOKING AHEAD

WWE should have had The Miz be the sole survivor by defeating ADR and Ziggler leading to Ziggler losing to Miz on Main Event and then getting pissed and saying he wants another match at TLC and Miz says only if he puts up the briefcase in a Ladder Match. Have Miz WIN the WHCMITB briefcase and cash in that same night on Big Show after another Sheamus beat down with a chair. Then Miz defends against Show at Rumble and beats him while Ziggler wins the Rumble from the Number 1 spot and then challenges Miz for the WHC at Mania adn they can have Ziggler win at Mania (They love to have the WHC change at Mania)
...no. lol

i personally disagree with all of that. Ziggler vs Miz would be a terrible championship match, especially if it was at WM. Miz should never hold a world title again. and Ziggler is heel, but he needs to face a super face to really make him a heel (a la why they have him against Cena now will be great for Ziggler).

Old 11-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #17507
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Quote:
two times! two!

i don't know he does it! what a work ethic! talk about a guy that really cares about the business and devotes everything he has to it! i can completely understand why he gets a title shot at Royal Rumble!
Well initially when this was thought out he was supposed to be with WWE from Dec - April and leave after mania, but i think he took a movie role and may now have a shoot in Feb so plans all got screwed up. TBH I didnt think most of his promo work was as good as it could have been or was back in the attitude era, guys like Rock and Jericho were the bomb on the mic back in the day, but put them on today and it just feels like something is missing.
RIP Navster
Old 11-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #17508
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
San Francisco, CA

I want The Rock to become WWE Champion again. Sorry guys, but its the right thing to do if Cena is to get the rub from The Great One.

Re: Punk Vs. Undertaker

If its happening, its not going to be for the title. Undertaker's in bad shape last time I read. I'm getting tired of the Streak Vs. Title schtick as well. WWE messed up by never having Undertaker be champion at WM defending the Streak and the title. It would've been something new and different.
On His Majesty's Imperial Service

Follow me if you'd like:

Twitter: Maniac2008
Instagram: wwehistorian
Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #17509
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight

AJ has a nice ass.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #17510
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
East of Ale Asylum

Should be an interesting Raw tonight....
"Don't be stupid, this is way more entertaining than Hollywood's ever gonna be!" - Revy, Black Lagoon

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - TV Show Host, Robocop
Old 11-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #17511
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008
Wrestling in Ireland. PSNetwork: Nerdkiller316PSN Nerds beaten up: Loads
Send a message via MSN to Nerdkiller likes BD Send a message via Skype™ to Nerdkiller likes BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Bond View Post
If its happening, its not going to be for the title. Undertaker's in bad shape last time I read. I'm getting tired of the Streak Vs. Title schtick as well. WWE messed up by never having Undertaker be champion at WM defending the Streak and the title. It would've been something new and different.
Honestly, they should have stopped at 20-0. Leave it at a nice round number.
"BART SIMPSON, YE LITTLE BOLLOX, GET IN THERE AND WATCH KRISSY THE CLOWN!" -Marge Simpson (as stated by V1 of OSW Review)

My stance on Anime...I just can't understand any of it, everyone is either a 10 year old girl or a monster.

Please...just call me NK if you're chatting to me.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #17512
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdkiller likes BD View Post
Honestly, they should have stopped at 20-0. Leave it at a nice round number.
agree.
[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
Old 11-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #17513
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Club Loop

i assume by the "end of an era" of Undertaker vs Triple H V.3 that it meant either Undertaker was done, or his next opponent(s) would be from this era (i.e. not even Cena who was kind of part of the last era). and since he never announced his retirement, i suspect more and more that him facing someone much newer to the company would be the way to go.

so with that, i hope it is Punk as i don't think anyone else can help carry Taker in a Mania match at this point, nor deserves it.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #17514
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Savannah, GA

Quote:
i assume by the "end of an era" of Undertaker vs Triple H V.3 that it meant either Undertaker was done, or his next opponent(s) would be from this era (i.e. not even Cena who was kind of part of the last era). and since he never announced his retirement, i suspect more and more that him facing someone much newer to the company would be the way to go.

so with that, i hope it is Punk as i don't think anyone else can help carry Taker in a Mania match at this point, nor deserves it.
If they didn't make Daniel Bryan into a joke I would say he's right up there as well.

I thought him and Kane segments were awesome but now its just bad, imo.
[Home Theater Setup

Old 11-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #17515
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
East of Ale Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy81 View Post
If they didn't make Daniel Bryan into a joke I would say he's right up there as well.

I thought him and Kane segments were awesome but now its just bad, imo.
I think the eventual split of Team Hell No is around the corner.... time to take the brakes of D.Bry and hit the gas....
"Don't be stupid, this is way more entertaining than Hollywood's ever gonna be!" - Revy, Black Lagoon

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - TV Show Host, Robocop
Old 11-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #17516
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Savannah, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
I think the eventual split of Team Hell No is around the corner.... time to take the brakes of D.Bry and hit the gas....
They're making him the weak link that screws up now with a limited set of moves. It's sad.

Go from taking Punk to his limits to this.
[Home Theater Setup

Old 11-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #17517
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Savannah, GA

Del Rio vs Hornswaggle at the next PPV.

Is it me or did Tamina Snuka get hot in the last month?
[Home Theater Setup

Last edited by tommyboy81; 11-27-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:59 AM   #17518
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Club Loop

another great showing by Ziggler. lots of spots from the Cena vs Punk match at MITB i see though.

and come on, after that wicked escape from the AA and into Ziggler's finishing move to an instant cover, he still kicks out?? come on

Old 11-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #17519
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Savannah, GA

I think it's interesting that they're giving him someone by his side.
[Home Theater Setup

Old 11-27-2012, 05:56 AM   #17520
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2006
Find Me!

Quote: