Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$95.24
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Old 11-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #61

Aug 2008
on the left side

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjustin View Post
Looks like I could squeeze a 110" diagonal screen in that space.
Show this to your wife

This is my screen that is 8 feet wide & 4 feet tall ~ 106" diagonal. With a good PJ The picture is as good as the TV. Screen shot I took with a DSLR camera.

Brent

A Projector and Sound System with a Blu-ray ~ Priceless.........
Old 11-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #62

Nov 2012
Bellbrook, Ohio

I didn't go much into my history in this hobby, back around 2002-2003, we had a dedicated theater in the basement of the place we were living then. 95" DIY 16:9 screen with an NEC 9PG CRT front projector. I got tired of fussing with convergence and I ultimately sold and bought one of those huge Mitsubishi 65" RPTVs.

It's definitely going to happen...just a matter of how soon I can fund the project. I'm seriously looking at swapping out my Paradigms for some Klipsch before that though.

That's a great screen shot. Now I have to check out your projector.
Display: Panasonic TC-P65ST30
Sources: DirecTV Plus HR24 HD DVR, Panasonic DMP-BDT210, Apple TV, Playstation 3
Remote: Logitech Harmony One
AVR: Denon AVR-1712
Fronts: Paradigm Monitor 7 V.1
Center: Paradigm CC-350
Surrounds: Paradigm ADP-390 V.6
Subwoofer: Outlaw LFM-1 EX (x2)
Old 11-27-2012, 12:57 AM   #63

Aug 2008
on the left side

Quote:
I didn't go much into my history in this hobby, back around 2002-2003, we had a dedicated theater in the basement of the place we were living then. 95" DIY 16:9 screen with an NEC 9PG CRT front projector. I got tired of fussing with convergence and I ultimately sold and bought one of those huge Mitsubishi 65" RPTVs.

It's definitely going to happen...just a matter of how soon I can fund the project. I'm seriously looking at swapping out my Paradigms for some Klipsch before that though.

That's a great screen shot. Now I have to check out your projector.
Any direction you take to upgrading is always rewording IMO. You have been into this hobby longer then me. When I joined this site is when it happened for me & then Big Daddy decided to spend my money It has been more then worth it
Brent

Old 11-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #64

Nov 2012
Bellbrook, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyBLUE View Post
Any direction you take to upgrading is always rewording IMO. You have been into this hobby longer then me. When I joined this site is when it happened for me & then Big Daddy decided to spend my money It has been more then worth it
That CRT projector really took the wind out of my sails. It was a pain the arse to maintain and would not stay converged. I was really glad to be rid of it and from that point on, I've kept it simple with RPTVs or plasmas that require basically no effort to enjoy. I'm a network engineer so by the time I get home from work, I rarely have much left in the tank to tinker with technology stuff. My other hobby is amateur astronomy but that goes on the back burner during cold weather.

Digging into the audio portion of HT for the first time has been a lot of fun and very rewarding. I look forward to everyone helping me spend my money going forward.
Sources: DirecTV Plus HR24 HD DVR, Panasonic DMP-BDT210, Apple TV, Playstation 3
Old 11-27-2012, 01:18 AM   #65

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Seeing as my first post was ignored....let me see if I can capture your attention now:
[Show spoiler]travis-tooth-fairy.jpg
John - I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
My personal motto: "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - McIntosh - Nitty Gritty - Nottingham - Ortofon - PS Audio - Rega - Valab/King - Wave Acoustic
Old 11-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #66

Aug 2008
on the left side

Quote:
That CRT projector really took the wind out of my sails. It was a pain the arse to maintain and would not stay converged. I was really glad to be rid of it and from that point on, I've kept it simple with RPTVs or plasmas that require basically no effort to enjoy. I'm a network engineer so by the time I get home from work, I rarely have much left in the tank to tinker with technology stuff. My other hobby is amateur astronomy but that goes on the back burner during cold weather.

Digging into the audio portion of HT for the first time has been a lot of fun and very rewarding. I look forward to everyone helping me spend my money going forward.
The newer projectors are great. Get it setup & dialed in & you are done with it. I don't have to touch mine other then removing the dust cap from the lens. Remember that all the guys around here are great for help when you might need it.

Have a good one for it is about time for a little concert rocking out on the Big screen for me
Brent

Old 11-27-2012, 01:20 AM   #67

Aug 2008
on the left side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
Seeing as my first post was ignored....let me see if I can capture your attention now:
[Show spoiler]Attachment 55351
Brent

Old 11-27-2012, 01:23 AM   #68

Nov 2012
Bellbrook, Ohio

Quote:
Welcome to the HT Galleries hjustin! Seems like you're getting to know some of the boys around here already. Have you met Travis yet?
[Show spoiler]

Nice looking space you have there and I look forward to the progress you'll undoubtedly be making in the weeks, months and years ahead. I promise you that we will do whatever we can to help you spend your money.

Congrats on the Outlaw subs and we always welcome pics....can never have too many of those.
You now have my full attention.

Thank you for the welcome and kind words. And also thank you for inspiring my 2013 Halloween costume.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:28 AM   #69

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
You now have my full attention.

Thank you for the welcome and kind words. And also thank you for inspiring my 2013 Halloween costume.
I think Travis has dibs on costumes though, but if you can outdo him....we definitely want to see pics. This one has been going around for a while and it's starting to lose it's lustre.
John - I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
My personal motto: "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - McIntosh - Nitty Gritty - Nottingham - Ortofon - PS Audio - Rega - Valab/King - Wave Acoustic
Old 11-27-2012, 01:50 AM   #70
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2011

Quote:
Looks like I could squeeze a 110" diagonal screen in that space.
Now we're talkin'.
In Both Main HT Living Room HT
SIGHT
Mitsubishi ~ Samsung ~ Panasonic ~ Pioneer ~ Oppo ~ Marantz ~ Toshiba
SOUND
Polk ~ Klipsch ~ Pioneer ~ Pro-Ject ~ Def Tech ~ B&W ~ Klipsch ~ Infinity ~ Yamaha
Old 11-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #71
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss

Quote:
I think Travis has dibs on costumes though, but if you can outdo him....we definitely want to see pics. This one has been going around for a while and it's starting to lose it's lustre.
NEVER!!!!!!!!
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
Old 11-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #72

Jan 2009
Positioning myself in front of the crease, getting slashed behind the knees by Billy Smith! :(

Hey hjustin...I see the other guys have been taking to you. As you can tell already, this site is a lot different and much more friendly than just about all other HT sites. Hopefully your wife will agree with a projector sooner than later, for they are a snap to set up now, just like crazy stated in his post.

As for the subs, Big Daddy's stickys are the way to go. Just read up on them and don't be afraid to ask questions......that is why we are here.

As far as not having the brain energy to deal with this tech stuff after work. I wish I had your problem.....my problem are 2 kids (ages 7 and 3) who never allow time to sit down for just 2 hours to watch a movie unless it is from Pixar. I have had my projector for over 3 years now and I only have 193 hours on the bulb......
VIDEO
Projector:Sanyo PLV-Z60
Screen:Elite 92" Manual
TV:Samsung 46A650
Blu-Ray Player:Oppo BDP-83
DVR:DirecTv HR34-700
AUDIO(6.2)
AVR:Pioneer Elite SC-05
Amps:3 Emotiva UPA-1's
Front Speakers:AV123 RSC-200 "Bigfoot" Center & Rocket Signature 850 Fronts
Surround Speakers:2 X Paradigm Titan v.2 Sides & 1 X Atom v.2 Back
Subs:2- SVS PC12-NSD's
OTHER
Remote:Harmony One
Transducer:
Buttkicker
Protection:Belkin PF-60
Old 11-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #73

Nov 2012
Bellbrook, Ohio

Quote:
I'm 6'6", 330 lbs. so I'm thinking that tooth fairy getup would really work for me.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #74

Nov 2012
Bellbrook, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fors* View Post
Hey hjustin...I see the other guys have been taking to you. As you can tell already, this site is a lot different and much more friendly than just about all other HT sites. Hopefully your wife will agree with a projector sooner than later, for they are a snap to set up now, just like crazy stated in his post.

As for the subs, Big Daddy's stickys are the way to go. Just read up on them and don't be afraid to ask questions......that is why we are here.

As far as not having the brain energy to deal with this tech stuff after work. I wish I had your problem.....my problem are 2 kids (ages 7 and 3) who never allow time to sit down for just 2 hours to watch a movie unless it is from Pixar. I have had my projector for over 3 years now and I only have 193 hours on the bulb......
Definitely seems like a cozy family here. I almost feel like I'm intruding.

I'm going to drop the gain on my subs when I get home today and see if I can get Audyssey's trim down off of -12dB. I level matched both subs at 72dB per Big Daddy's guide but that's just too much for my room. I am going to take the advice I was given earlier and get some risers so they're not coupled to the laminate flooring.

No kids after years of trying. Now that we've hit 40, we have pretty much resigned ourselves to a life with just nieces and nephews. And dogs...we have two of those. I would like to generously extend an invitation to you to ship me your projector if you feel like you would like to get some more hours on that bulb.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #75
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fors* View Post

I wish I had your problem.....my problem are 2 kids (ages 7 and 3) who never allow time to sit down for just 2 hours to watch a movie unless it is from Pixar. I have had my projector for over 3 years now and I only have 193 hours on the bulb......
I thought your gear was located in your Man Cave . You may have to put an age restriction down there during the week or ......... Pay your better half off for some Man Time

[Show spoiler]But I know you Pixar movies
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 11-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #76
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
Definitely seems like a cozy family here. I almost feel like I'm intruding.

I'm going to drop the gain on my subs when I get home today and see if I can get Audyssey's trim down off of -12dB. I level matched both subs at 72dB per Big Daddy's guide but that's just too much for my room. I am going to take the advice I was given earlier and get some risers so they're not coupled to the laminate flooring.

No kids after years of trying. Now that we've hit 40, we have pretty much resigned ourselves to a life with just nieces and nephews. And dogs...we have two of those. I would like to generously extend an invitation to you to ship me your projector if you feel like you would like to get some more hours on that bulb.
Hey Justin there are a few of us that believe in the gain matching technique. See this thread here that I participated in. It works IMO much better than the level matching.
AL
“If at first you don't succeed, try something easier.”
Old 11-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #77

Nov 2012
Bellbrook, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
Hey Justin there are a few of us that believe in the gain matching technique. See this thread here that I participated in. It works IMO much better than the level matching.
Thanks...reading now. Needed a break from work!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #78
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
Hello HTG,

Thanks for the excellent reference, more tweekin' and geekin'.
In Both Main HT Living Room HT
SIGHT
Mitsubishi ~ Samsung ~ Panasonic ~ Pioneer ~ Oppo ~ Marantz ~ Toshiba
SOUND
Polk ~ Klipsch ~ Pioneer ~ Pro-Ject ~ Def Tech ~ B&W ~ Klipsch ~ Infinity ~ Yamaha
Old 11-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #79
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

So........ Where's that photo at ?
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 11-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #80
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguzman View Post
Hello HTG,

Thanks for the excellent reference, more tweekin' and geekin'.
You are welcome my friend. Have fun with it.
AL
“If at first you don't succeed, try something easier.”
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries