COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best AIV Deals

Best AIV Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
American Dad Season 2 (AIV)$14.99 The Good Wife, Season 2 HD (AIV)$24.99 American Dad Season 6 HD (AIV)$29.99
Winter's Tale (AIV)$9.99 American Dad Season 5 (AIV)$14.99 American Dad Season 8 (AIV)$14.99 American Dad Season 1 (AIV)$14.99 American Dad Season 4 (AIV)$14.99 American Dad Season 7 HD (AIV)$29.99
American Dad Season 6 (AIV)$14.99 American Dad Season 5 HD (AIV)$29.99
American Dad Season 7 (AIV)$14.99 The Good Wife, Season 4 (AIV)$24.99 300: Rise of an Empire (AIV)$9.99
The Good Wife, Season 4 HD (AIV)$29.99
The Good Wife, Season 1 HD (AIV)$19.99 American Dad Season 8 HD (AIV)$29.99
The Good Wife, Season 3 (AIV)$24.99
The Good Wife, Season 1 (AIV)$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #21
MaCruz MaCruz is offline
Community Gaming Moderator
 
MaCruz's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL
99
486
17
23
95
Default

This is just a thought but what really ticks me off is that studios re-release movies again later on and include a Digital Copy.

Example, HBO's True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, or movies like Universal's Dawn of the Dead just to name a few. Their initial release did not include digital copies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #22
Kocheese99 Kocheese99 is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2008
51
Default

189 uv copies and about 8 tv shows. I personally love vudu, yea it has some issues but the disc to digital program is awesome. I convert over dvd's and then sell them. Space and convienance are key and HDX is pretty good. Yea I would love blu-ray quality but do I don't need it for everything.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #23
seregloth seregloth is offline
Special Member
 
seregloth's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New England, USA
335
49
295
Default

UV (some Vudu/CN only though)

352 (one or two doubles in there like Spider-Man 3D/Spider-Man w/ special features)
18 TV shows

I've downsized my Blu-Ray/HD-DVD/DVD collection by about 200 titles, as they were ones I could see myself watching maybe once or twice down the road, or sitting down with someone if they hadn't seen them, but wasn't going to watch the special features again (or never watched the special features). I'm definitely going to keep buying the bigger/collectible things (which my wife likes less than standard releases, but oh well).

I am loving UV because I always said I liked buying movies to share movies that I like or appreciate with friends and family- which was fine when people lived close, but since college my friends and family have all scattered I'd only loan something out once on a blue moon and then I'd forget that I'd done so. Nowadays, I've got people enjoying my UV collection in San Diego, Seattle, DC, Philly, Boston, and NH.
Now running in 3D with the LG Cinema 3D (nominally showing 3D in 1080i per eye) 47LW6500 (up-or-down-or-side-graded from a 50" Sammy 3D Plasma) and a Benq W1080ST and a 130" screen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:33 AM   #24
mark_d_drake mark_d_drake is offline
Senior Member
 
Jan 2008
Silicon Valley
1842
421
1
55
Default

267 Itunes, 200 UV According to Flixster which counts TV episodes rather than series
1500+ Blu and and the significant other's given up counting :)

Meridian DSP5000, DSP5000C, 2500, DSP3100
Meridian 565/562
Oppo BDP-103
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #25
nycomet nycomet is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
nycomet's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Long Island, N.Y.; 3D blu-rays look stunning; Favorite food: Pizza
6
923
29
285
Default

I am a digital copy w-h-o-r-e.

I am currently over 150 itunes and just over 300 on Vudu (UV). I prefer Vudu over iTunes.

Too bad there isn't a single box that can showcase BOTH itunes and Vudu.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #26
TheBluRayPrince TheBluRayPrince is offline
Senior Member
 
TheBluRayPrince's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
AZ
307
184
260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycomet View Post
I am a digital copy w-h-o-r-e.

I am currently over 150 itunes and just over 300 on Vudu (UV). I prefer Vudu over iTunes.

Too bad there isn't a single box that can showcase BOTH itunes and Vudu.
I believe streaming is the future, but the problem is that we are spoiled on this forum lol ... I mean $1-$3 per movie?? Now I will only pay $15 to $20 for a movie that I really want a physical copy of, like Dark Knight Rises, but other than that never again thanks to all you fine people. Oh and 3D movies also cause I personally love that stuff.

Plus with the disc to digital option supplied by Walmart I am converting so many movies and selling off my blus and dvds that I am probably going to end up breaking even when it's all said and done.

However, while we pay a low amount for HDX movies a ton of people are paying $15 for DVDs still I saw one guy buy an Expendables 2 DVD at Best Buy the other day. I felt guilty paying only a couple bucks for Vudu and iTunes. So while I think streaming and convenience will always over shadow physical copies, it will take a while.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #27
lostinva lostinva is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2012
686
1
Default

83 titles total, some titles in multiple lockers. I use a Google Docs spreadsheet to keep track of which accounts have access to each title, quality, redemption method, source disc type, etc.

I don't bother with WMV copies because they are not tied to a proper digital locker system. Only really interested in UltraViolet, though I am redeeming iTunes copies just to place it in my account for possible future use. I have not actually bought any digital copies -- all have been from codes, credits, or Vudu Disc to Digital coupons.

Last edited by lostinva; 11-30-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: clarifications
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #28
OSUGrad2X OSUGrad2X is offline
Member
 
OSUGrad2X's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Braavos
107
58
55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmsy View Post
How is a blu ray better than a HDX digital copy on Vudu?
HD Lossless Audio
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #29
mmanfrin mmanfrin is offline
Member
 
mmanfrin's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The Hague, The Netherlands
1
Send a message via Skype™ to mmanfrin
Default

I have 42 movies and 14 TV Shows from iTunes Store US/NL/IT, 3 Disney e-copy from Disney IT and 1 UltraViolet/VUDU movie.
TV: Sony KDL-46HX850, Blu-ray player: Sony BDP-S790, A/V Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR309, Speakers: Onkyo SKS HT 528 5.1
NAS: Synology DS1511+ (5x2TB RAID6), Media player: Apple TV (2nd gen.)
Network IEEE 1901: Devolo 500 AVtriple+, 2x Devolo 500 AVmini
Network IEEE 802.11n/g: Apple TimeCapsule (2nd gen.), Apple Airport Express (802.11n 1st gen.)
BD and DVD collection

Last edited by mmanfrin; 12-11-2012 at 06:41 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:52 AM   #30
brian9229 brian9229 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
brian9229's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Burlington, Vermont Steelbooks-116
94
584
56
9
32
Default

I have a dumpload of movies on vudu from uv codes, and a bigger dumpload of digital copy codes i havent even used
Samsung Smart LED 3DTV 120hz Model - un40d6420
Panasonic 3D Bluray player Model - DMP-BDT320(Multiregion)
Magnavox Bluray player Model - NB530MGX
Xbox 360 4gb
Monster Hyper3D 1000 HDMI x 3
Monster Powercentre model - HT700
Samsung Active 3D glasses model - SSG-3050GB x 5

FOR TRADE:Noah/Divergent Bestbuy excl Steelbook, Sealed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:55 AM   #31
madmod20061 madmod20061 is offline
Senior Member
 
Jan 2012
115
Default

I have 603 on Vudu. A few more in my UV locker that haven't transfered over from Flixster (the free movies they give you).
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #32
RandomNinjaAtk RandomNinjaAtk is offline
Active Member
 
RandomNinjaAtk's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
USA -> maryland
11
51
Send a message via Skype™ to RandomNinjaAtk
Default

250 UltraViolet Titles! I have a few iTunes movies from the past, but I don't know how many because I don't use iTunes at all.

Last edited by RandomNinjaAtk; 12-02-2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: More movies added!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #33
MaCruz MaCruz is offline
Community Gaming Moderator
 
MaCruz's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL
99
486
17
23
95
Default

I'm up to 51 UV movies and over 150 iTunes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #34
ArmyOfDarknessAW ArmyOfDarknessAW is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ArmyOfDarknessAW's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Moosic, PA
28
626
1
41
Default

104 UV and 173 itunes (dont care about itunes anymore)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #35
Mati Mati is offline
Active Member
 
Mati's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Madison, WI
49
103
Default

Started collecting in late July 2012.
UV/VUDU Movies- 140
UV/VUDU TV- 10

itunes Movies-100
ITunes Tv- 9
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #36
RandomNinjaAtk RandomNinjaAtk is offline
Active Member
 
RandomNinjaAtk's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
USA -> maryland
11
51
Send a message via Skype™ to RandomNinjaAtk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmsy View Post
VUDU: 358

At $2 a piece it's cheaper than renting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta 47 View Post
That's why I'm building my collection. Al lot of the movies I doubt I will watch twice but you can't pass up a $2 rental especially since you've actually bought it.
I thought the rental was only temporary? But the way you describe it is that it will be added to your UV Digital Locker and it will remain in your account then forever?

Correct me if I'm wrong? I would love to buy some $2.00 movies to add to my UV account, but I do want to keep them forever and not just have them for 30 days...
"Live to Win!"
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #37
TrackZ TrackZ is offline
New Member
 
Dec 2012
Default

I'm debating disc vs digital and iTunes vs UV myself right now. I see several references to movies for $1 - $3 here which seems to refer to the digital copies. How are you getting stuff so cheap?

Also, are all the movie counts being quoted in VUDU and iTunes libraries in HD/HDX or SD? If you're building vast libraries of content in these services, but you're getting SD versions, that seems lacking to me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #38
RandomNinjaAtk RandomNinjaAtk is offline
Active Member
 
RandomNinjaAtk's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
USA -> maryland
11
51
Send a message via Skype™ to RandomNinjaAtk
Default

I wasn't sure if they were referring to using the D2D program or not. But if they were then I've already been doing that.

It really depends on what you want to do. I have over 270 UV titles now. Which I would say 99% of the titles are HD, the few that I have that aren't were free titles given to me by either VUDU or flixster via a promotion, so I really can't complain about that.

UltraViolet is the best in my opinion because you get the best of both worlds. Almost 100% of my library is on disc. The reason is because most new releases come with a UltraViolet Copy and then for my older discs I just use the disc to digital program. So I have a physical copy and a digital copy of about every movie I have.

Disc to digital (D2D) is great for building your digital library with UltraViolet because you can buy many of the blu-rays for cheap and then just simply pay the $2.00 fee to have a HD digital copy. I really used this for all the holiday sales (black friday). Buy a movie for $4.00 on blu-ray and D2D it for $2.00, which brings the total cost of only $6.00! This way I have the best of both worlds. If you really wanted to save money and have both, buy older titles used and then use the D2D program. I would advise that you check to see if your title is available for the D2D program before buying though...
"Live to Win!"
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:10 AM   #39
timenspace
Guest
 
Default

Does Digital Copy ever expire once I have redeemed it? Codes that allow ... With how many different retailers can I redeem my Digital Copy? Each redemption ...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #40
jayls89 jayls89 is offline
Member
 
Dec 2010
England
1
38
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 787 View Post
got almost 300 itunes movies and 46 movies on uv via flixster and vudu.
i like the fact that i can watch movies on my iphone ipad ps3 led tv and laptop.i become addict to digital copies and believe the future will be streaming hdx and download.also i can share my movies with 5 members of my familiy or friends on itunes or 8 members with my uv account.so how many dc u have and what u like and dislike about?
hey, this may be a really dumb question but oh well. you say you have 300 movies on your iTunes.. how would you watch them on your iphone/ipad because i have just downloaded a digital copy on to my itunes, synced it with my iphone and one movie only just about fits on my phone. so i assume you don't have 300 movies on your phone..?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 AM.