Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98
18 hrs ago
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99
15 hrs ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
18 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99
15 hrs ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
15 hrs ago
The King and I (Blu-ray)
$9.50
31 min ago
Coming to America (Blu-ray)
$4.99
6 hrs ago
Tammy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
15 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 11-23-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
Special Member

Oct 2012
California
Default Any Freaks and Geeks fans?

I was wondering if there was anybody on this site who was a fan of Judd Apatow's cult series Freaks and Geeks. I'm a huge fan. I think it's one of the best shows of all-time and for such a short series it's infinitely more touching, funny, and affecting than most of the stuff that lives on for multiple seasons.

I absolutely adore this show. Anyone else?

If so, who is your favorite character?

Mine is definitely Bill. He was incredibly funny but he also had some of the more dramatically affecting scenes (the scene where cries in the car during the day out with the gym teacher, his mom's boyfriend, always gets to me.)
Old 11-23-2012, 01:47 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
New Zealand

In my top ten TV series of all time It's tough to call a favourite character but probably Bill or Daniel.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:11 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

The beauty of Freaks and Geeks, is that no matter what decade you went to High School, it's one of the most relatable high school stories. I went to high school in early 2000's and despite it taking place in the 1980's, I can see so much of my own experiences within the series.

It balanced the comedy and drama perfectly, and it always felt real.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009

This show is amazing! I remember I did a blind buy for $60 about 3-4 years ago. Once of the best I have ever made. Then about a year later they came out with a yearbook edition for $150. I would of been happy to pay if I didn't already own it.

I love so many people on the show. Its a toss up between Lindsay and Daniel. I could not believe how many amazing people are in the show. My favorite episode is were Lindsay had the party with the fake beer.

I tried to watch Undeclared but I could not get past the 3rd episode. Something about the show just make it seem dull.
There's something really scary about a guy with a knife who just... snaps
Old 11-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Everyone loves Freaks and Geeks, I wish it would get released on Blu-ray.
Buffalo Bills 8-6
Miami Hurricanes (Football) 6-6
Miami Hurricanes (Basketball) 9-2
Indiana Pacers 8-18
Buffalo Sabres 13-17-2
Old 11-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

It's such a great show.

We watched it in my English class in High School senior year.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #7
Special Member

Oct 2012
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1203 View Post
Everyone loves Freaks and Geeks, I wish it would get released on Blu-ray.
Me too but for now I'm fine with my yearbook edition, lol.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:54 AM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Michigan

One of my all-time favorites! I've been wanting to do a re-watch of the series for awhile but now with all the countless blus I just got for BF and will get for Xmas, I'll have to delay that again lol But hopefully sometime next year I will be able to.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:27 AM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Sherwood Forest

Great show - one of the best in my opinion. My high school years were 84 to 88 so I'm a little behind the time this was supposed to take place but I could relate to much of it. Love the music in the show - the opening episode at the dance was classic, going from a slow dance to fast with that Styx song .
Old 11-26-2012, 05:38 AM   #10
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeforest View Post
Great show - one of the best in my opinion. My high school years were 84 to 88 so I'm a little behind the time this was supposed to take place but I could relate to much of it. Love the music in the show - the opening episode at the dance was classic, going from a slow dance to fast with that Styx song .
Come Sail Away!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #11
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
District 13

Yes, here! I remember watching it when it was on tv when it first aired.

Another good show from the same people is Undeclared.
My Blu rays for sale Thread The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan here. Favorite Movies Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past & The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

I've finished a third draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.

DL the script in this link and PM me what you think.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #12
Special Member

Oct 2012
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
Yes, here! I remember watching it when it was on tv when it first aired.

Another good show from the same people is Undeclared.
Yeah, I actually like Undeclared too. It wasn't as good as Freaks and Geeks but those are some high standards. It also gave us some future stars like Charlie Hunnam and Jay Baruchel. Also, Jason Segel's tiny role in the show is classic.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:58 AM   #13
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
Yeah, I actually like Undeclared too. It wasn't as good as Freaks and Geeks but those are some high standards. It also gave us some future stars like Charlie Hunnam and Jay Baruchel. Also, Jason Segel's tiny role in the show is classic.
Seth Rogen was in both shows.
My Blu rays for sale Thread The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan here. Favorite Movies Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past & The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

I've finished a third draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.

DL the script in this link and PM me what you think.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:22 AM   #14
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Great show! I own it on DVD.

This show launched the careers of James Franco, Seth Rogen and Jason Segel.
Blu-ray 3D supporter! LET'S GO PENS! BIG Chloe Grace Moretz fan!
Old 11-27-2012, 03:41 AM   #15
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Michigan

Don't forget about Busy Philipps, Martin Starr, Linda Cardellini, etc.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #16
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2007
Iowa

It really is amazing how every key young member of the cast has gone on to have a productive career. James Franco, Jason Segal, and Seth Rogen all became movie stars. Linda Cardellini, Samm Levine, Martin Starr, and Busy Phillipps have all had steady work in TV and movies. John Francis Daley has been on numerous TV shows and co-wrote Horrible Bosses and the upcoming sequel to Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. It really is a shame that Freaks and Geeks was on network TV where it really didn't stand much of a chance rather than HBO where total viewership isn't the only factor that determines a show's fate.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:08 AM   #17
Special Member

Oct 2012
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
Seth Rogen was in both shows.
Yup, I know.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #18
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
It really is amazing how every key young member of the cast has gone on to have a productive career. James Franco, Jason Segal, and Seth Rogen all became movie stars. Linda Cardellini, Samm Levine, Martin Starr, and Busy Phillipps have all had steady work in TV and movies. John Francis Daley has been on numerous TV shows and co-wrote Horrible Bosses and the upcoming sequel to Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. It really is a shame that Freaks and Geeks was on network TV where it really didn't stand much of a chance rather than HBO where total viewership isn't the only factor that determines a show's fate.
It's funny that the ratings it was getting then were higher than most comedies on TV now although If it aired nowadays, who knows how it would be doing.

And if the show didn't get canceled, who knows if Seth Rogen would have been a movie comedy genius or if Jason would have been on HIMYM, etc. The good part is the cast is all still working and we can enjoy them. Not like some canceled shows in which you never or rarely ever see the cast again
Old 11-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #19
Special Member

Oct 2012
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
It's funny that the ratings it was getting then were higher than most comedies on TV now although If it aired nowadays, who knows how it would be doing.

And if the show didn't get canceled, who knows if Seth Rogen would have been a movie comedy genius or if Jason would have been on HIMYM, etc. The good part is the cast is all still working and we can enjoy them. Not like some canceled shows in which you never or rarely ever see the cast again
NBC handled the show poorly. It's time slot kept being moved around. Also, people who tuned in didn't know what to expect. They thought it was a comedy and the show is arguably more dramatic than funny and I don't think it was quite understood when it first aired. I love that it's gathered a cult following on DVD though. It deserves a large fanbase.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Glendale, CA

Love it.

Own the original Yearbook edition signed by James Franco, Seth Rogen, Linda Cardellini, John Frances Daley, Samm Levine, Busy Phillips, Martin Starr, Jason Segal, Sarah Hagan, Natasha Melnick, Steve Bannos, Dave "Gruber" Allen, Michael Beardsley, Thomas, Wilson, Paul Feig & Judd Apatow courtesy of a Tower Records instore signing when I first moved to Los Angeles back in 2004.

Please help me acquire these Scream Factory slips (in OCD Mint condition):
Cockneys Vs. Zombies,
The Howling, Phantasm II, The Fog, Prince Of Darkness, The Sopranos Complete Collection

Last edited by jrsl76; 12-07-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows