Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Pawnbroker (Blu-ray)
$19.16
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Intolerable Cruelty (Blu-ray)
$10.49
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Old 11-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #1

Jun 2010
Northwest, Ohio
Default Samsung 32" LED 720p

Just picked this up last night at Target for $249.99. They PM BB. . I orginally bought the 32" Vizio {already have a 42" and love it) but for some reason the sound was just not right. Anway I exchanged for the Samsung, for the most part had no problems in a PM with them from BB sunday's ad. Took it home, everything still great. But the sound still sounds like a cell phone speaker, are these common in this size range? Tried to adjust the sound, this was a upgrade from a 27" Sony crt from many years, but that had better overall sound. BTW this is our bedroom tv. I also noticed as a added bonus when I hooked up my WD passport HD, into the media USB and all my medis showed up..... Now I can play all my HD movies in the bedroom without any issues...
Old 11-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #2
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1 View Post
Just picked this up last night at Target for $249.99. They PM BB. . I orginally bought the 32" Vizio {already have a 42" and love it) but for some reason the sound was just not right. Anway I exchanged for the Samsung, for the most part had no problems in a PM with them from BB sunday's ad. Took it home, everything still great. But the sound still sounds like a cell phone speaker, are these common in this size range? Tried to adjust the sound, this was a upgrade from a 27" Sony crt from many years, but that had better overall sound. BTW this is our bedroom tv. I also noticed as a added bonus when I hooked up my WD passport HD, into the media USB and all my medis showed up..... Now I can play all my HD movies in the bedroom without any issues...
you'll find that's VERY common in today's small LED tv's that are getting thinner and thinner, the tv speakers are basically junk.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #3

Aug 2009

Do u have a Blu-ray player to play your HD movies??? Because if u do then u should be getting an 1080p T.V. not a 720p. The 720p will take away pixels on the picture of the movie u are playing. Secondly, are u using an HDMI cable cord instead of components audio/video cords. HDMI cable are highly recommended thru your Blu-ray player to HDTV and also thru either Cable or Satellite source to your HDTV. I recommend that u look into a 1080p not a 720p. If u want the highest definition possible to see best picture available u need a 1080p and not a 720p.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #4
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

difference between a 720p and 1080p tv at 32 inches is almost unnoticeable even up close. that's why most 32 inchers are still 720p
Old 11-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #5

Jun 2010
Northwest, Ohio

This is bascially a bedroom tv for my wife and I. Yes I do have a bluray player but thats hooked up to my 42". As I said its a added bonus, I had no idea that the tv would even recognize or let alone play any of my movies..which are mostly in MKV format. I don't really care at this point, if its in 1080p or not just happy to watch a few HD movies in the comfort of my own bed.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:42 AM   #6
Power Member

Jun 2012
Australia

I have a 55" LED and I rely on the traditional TV speakers for sound because I don't have any other home theater equipment, but after some tinkering in the audio options of the TV itself which have customization settings, I've found that it can sound pretty good if you also turn up the volume to 40 + when watching a Blu-Ray. The Star War's opening crawl for example, was a powerful experience to say the least.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:41 AM   #7

Dec 2012
Winnipeg, Canada

i also have a 32" samsung LED 1080 and I have a question about the panel, I heard that some panels are from different components, how do I tell which panel I have? I have the letters TS01 on the side of the box that my tv came in.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:44 AM   #8

Dec 2012
Winnipeg, Canada

do I need a HDMI cable for audio as well as video, or does a HDMI cable handle both?
Old 12-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #9
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan1 View Post
i also have a 32" samsung LED 1080 and I have a question about the panel, I heard that some panels are from different components, how do I tell which panel I have? I have the letters TS01 on the side of the box that my tv came in.
lucky you, the TS01 is a samsung panel, the HS0... or CH0 panels are Sharp and Che-Mei panels... (think there's one other one too thrown in)

and one HDMI cable handles BOTH audio/video
Old 12-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Wherever I may roam....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
Do u have a Blu-ray player to play your HD movies??? Because if u do then u should be getting an 1080p T.V. not a 720p. The 720p will take away pixels on the picture of the movie u are playing. Secondly, are u using an HDMI cable cord instead of components audio/video cords. HDMI cable are highly recommended thru your Blu-ray player to HDTV and also thru either Cable or Satellite source to your HDTV. I recommend that u look into a 1080p not a 720p. If u want the highest definition possible to see best picture available u need a 1080p and not a 720p.
You'll never see a difference at "normal" viewing distances between 720p and 1080p on a 32" set. What does this have to do with the OP's question regarding speaker quality?
Genius has its limits, however there is no limit on stupidity.

Panasonic 60GT30 | Pioneer VSX-33 | Panasonic DMP-BD110 | Emotiva XPA-3
APC H15 | XBox 360 | Sony PS3 Slim
Axiom M80's & VP-180 | Carver Cinema 5.1 surrounds | BIC Accoustech H100

My A/V cabinet build / DIY thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs