COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Just Go With It (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Sankarea Undying Love: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$43.08
Company of Heroes (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions

Old 11-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #181
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwerk View Post
I haven't seen an unboxing of a numbered edition yet. Is US the only one that's getting it?
Canada is getting a cowl edition too. Sold only by HMV and limited to 3,000 copies. I preordered one today after seeing it in-store already, but depending on demand, I might just cancel it and go with another exclusive version instead.

I really want Target's Lenticular Digibook from the US but they don't ship to Canada, so I can settle with the Best Buy exclusive slip cover and bonus disc, or the Future Shop Steel book if I must
Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO141FD Owner
My Flickr
Old 11-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #182
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cplhicks View Post
Anybody ever order from Target online before? I really want to get the lenticular digibook but I've heard some stories. I won't be able to get to Target early in the day, and given that they usually get like 2 copies I figure it'll definitely sell out before I get there. Do they match the store price online? Or do you just get charged whatever it is you order it at? How's the shipping?
I've ordered, so far, 3 BDs from Target:
1) Hunger Games - They did PM this, and it showed up mint in a cardboard mailer.
2) Avengers - No PM, I had to go to the store, return & rebuy. Arrive mint in a cardboard mailer
3) ET steelbook - No PM. Had a nice dent as it was only in a plastic bag with no padding. Returned, and bought another at the lower price. Also my preorder was cancelled with no notice.

So with that sales history, I will continue to preorder just to secure the copy and will take it back to the store if the price drop and/or it's damaged.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:48 AM   #183
Special Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I've ordered, so far, 3 BDs from Target:
1) Hunger Games - They did PM this, and it showed up mint in a cardboard mailer.
2) Avengers - No PM, I had to go to the store, return & rebuy. Arrive mint in a cardboard mailer
3) ET steelbook - No PM. Had a nice dent as it was only in a plastic bag with no padding. Returned, and bought another at the lower price. Also my preorder was cancelled with no notice.

So with that sales history, I will continue to preorder just to secure the copy and will take it back to the store if the price drop and/or it's damaged.
That's quite a varied history. So when you returned/rebought it, did you just tell them that's what you wanted to do, or did you have to return it, go find another and buy it? And you can return to the store, right? Thanks for the info. I preordered just to be safe, but I am assume the price will end up lower than it is now. Also, when you returned it, did they refund the shipping? Thanks...
Old 11-28-2012, 12:49 AM   #184
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
In the good 'ol USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoofykindasuperman View Post
Canada is getting a cowl edition too. Sold only by HMV and limited to 3,000 copies. I preordered one today after seeing it in-store already, but depending on demand, I might just cancel it and go with another exclusive version instead.

I really want Target's Lenticular Digibook from the US but they don't ship to Canada, so I can settle with the Best Buy exclusive slip cover and bonus disc, or the Future Shop Steel book if I must
What is on the Best Buy bonus disc?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #185
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cplhicks View Post
That's quite a varied history. So when you returned/rebought it, did you just tell them that's what you wanted to do, or did you have to return it, go find another and buy it? And you can return to the store, right? Thanks for the info. I preordered just to be safe, but I am assume the price will end up lower than it is now. Also, when you returned it, did they refund the shipping? Thanks...
I'm a Red Card member, so I don't pay shipping. If you're not a RC member you can always bundle items over $50 gives you free shipping.
No questions when I returned it. Obviously the ET SB was damaged so hopefully it didn't wind up back on the shelf. For Avengers I just rebought the item right there, suggesting that they should offer a PM for online preorders so customers don't have to go through this. I also hinted that Amazon does this, and customers love it.(fwiw)
Old 11-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #186
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman2112 View Post
What is on the Best Buy bonus disc?

Includes The Dark Knight Reborn documentary. Not sure if that's on a Bonus DVD, Blu-ray, or download copy though
Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO141FD Owner
My Flickr
Old 11-28-2012, 03:17 AM   #187

Oct 2012
Australia

Saw the Australian JB HIFI exclusive with 2 figures in store today and I laughed. The figures are tiny and look terrible! Look like little happy meal toys. If anyone was thinking of getting it, don't bother!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #188
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

it says all major retailers are getting the Limited to 35k bat cowl. How is that possible. That must be a mistake in the article?
If not, where are they going to?
Old 11-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #189
Power Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
Saw the Australian JB HIFI exclusive with 2 figures in store today and I laughed. The figures are tiny and look terrible! Look like little happy meal toys. If anyone was thinking of getting it, don't bother!
I assume these are the same toys that WBShop is getting with their exclusive. As it appears AU gets Bane & Batman and New Zealand is getting the Catwoman toy from the 3 figure collection WB had. Any chance you took any pictures? I am trying to plan how many of my DKR preorders to cancel.

I got in on the (limited to 1000) WBShop set for $29.95 and I was going to cancel it once I found out the standard combo pack is going to be $18.99 at BB and I didn't want to pay $11 for some cheapo toys, but I can't even find where to cancel WB orders. Now that it is sold out I want to keep the order even though I know it isn't a great deal. I also ordered the cowl from amazon for $35.99 as I missed the lower price everyone else got earlier ($27.99 maybe?) as I assumed they would lower the price down closer to release, but now that they are sold out of their stockpile that price adjustment is almost impossible. I really want to cancel that one just on the principal that I would be paying more than most are. I also got their last collector edition (the bat-pod) for like $15 and was still unimpressed with it's quality and annoyed it used such an unconventional disc storage system. This one looks better, but do I really need it?

I know I really want the BB steel to complete the set and the Target digibook is too cool to pass up, so I might have to get at least both of those. I really wish I could get back to my old ways of picking the ONE exclusive I liked best and sticking with that one. Why do I feel the need to reward these companies for marketing directly to suckers like me?
Old 11-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #190
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
In the good 'ol USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slikkbradd View Post
it says all major retailers are getting the Limited to 35k bat cowl. How is that possible. That must be a mistake in the article?
I checked with my main Best Buy store this morning and they said they had NONE incoming and NONE on order. WTF!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #191

Oct 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsmith369 View Post
I assume these are the same toys that WBShop is getting with their exclusive. As it appears AU gets Bane & Batman and New Zealand is getting the Catwoman toy from the 3 figure collection WB had. Any chance you took any pictures? I am trying to plan how many of my DKR preorders to cancel.

I got in on the (limited to 1000) WBShop set for $29.95 and I was going to cancel it once I found out the standard combo pack is going to be $18.99 at BB and I didn't want to pay $11 for some cheapo toys, but I can't even find where to cancel WB orders. Now that it is sold out I want to keep the order even though I know it isn't a great deal. I also ordered the cowl from amazon for $35.99 as I missed the lower price everyone else got earlier ($27.99 maybe?) as I assumed they would lower the price down closer to release, but now that they are sold out of their stockpile that price adjustment is almost impossible. I really want to cancel that one just on the principal that I would be paying more than most are. I also got their last collector edition (the bat-pod) for like $15 and was still unimpressed with it's quality and annoyed it used such an unconventional disc storage system. This one looks better, but do I really need it?

I know I really want the BB steel to complete the set and the Target digibook is too cool to pass up, so I might have to get at least both of those. I really wish I could get back to my old ways of picking the ONE exclusive I liked best and sticking with that one. Why do I feel the need to reward these companies for marketing directly to suckers like me?
Sorry man, didn't take any pics, but I think there were some Aussies who bought this, so if you head over to the Australia section and ask for some pics in The Dark Knight rises thread, I'm sure someone will help you out.

Regarding all the sets you pre-ordered, I would definitely say the BB steelbook and Target Digibook would be the best. The Cowl edition looks pretty cool (albeit cheap quality), my only gripe with it is the disc storage. It's terrible. Could've been a little bigger also. It's definitely better than the figure edition though.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #192
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
In the good 'ol USA

I can get the "Cowl" edition from DeepDiscount for $34.58. Is that a good price? If Best Buy is going to have it I don't think it would be less than that especially since they have not dropped the price of the "Men In Black" gift set. What to do, what to do....
Old 11-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #193
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
I can get the "Cowl" edition from DeepDiscount for $34.58. Is that a good price? If Best Buy is going to have it I don't think it would be less than that especially since they have not dropped the price of the "Men In Black" gift set. What to do, what to do....
Not a bad price, I suspect...as long as you don't mind waiting until summer to actually receive it.
DD is very slow with their shipping.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #194
Special Member

Oct 2008

thanks madman!
Panasonic Plasma TC-P50S60
Onkyo TX-NR509
Polk Monitor 45Bs
Polk Monitor 15C
Polk Owm3s
Klipsch Sub-10

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/McGarnigal.png[/url]
Old 11-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #195
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Nakatomi Plaza

Quote:
I think this is going to be hard to find, so $34 is pretty good. Even if it's not hard to find, I still think $34 is pretty good since it's a new release

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Not a bad price, I suspect...as long as you don't mind waiting until summer to actually receive it.
DD is very slow with their shipping.
My last order from DD came day after release.(Brave 3d)
Yippee ki yay

Trade Thread

Girls: Season 2 digital copy (full code) for trade.
Looking for Vudu: Eastbound & Down S4, Hannibal S2, Helix S1
Old 11-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #196
Special Member

Jan 2009
Portland, OR
Send a message via AIM to fiveseven4combat Send a message via Yahoo to fiveseven4combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slikkbradd View Post
bestbuy.com has it as "coming soon" and it has a 7 digit SKU (doesn't that mean it's available in stores?

I'm hoping to pick it up tuesday, I'll be there when the doors open to snatch the steelbook, so hopefully I get lucky and find this as well.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:38 AM   #197
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveseven4combat View Post
bestbuy.com has it as "coming soon" and it has a 7 digit SKU (doesn't that mean it's available in stores?

I'm hoping to pick it up tuesday, I'll be there when the doors open to snatch the steelbook, so hopefully I get lucky and find this as well.
its going to very iffy, in fact i am not even sure they are serialized like in a few of the still pics. People who have been unboxing them say their is not serial on their item. If the stores do get them, maybe 1-2 per store and that's only for the stores that do high volume, lately some of the smaller scale BBY's haven't even been running their own exclusive deals because they aren't getting the product.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #198
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
In the good 'ol USA

I order the "Bat Cowl" version yesterday from DeepDiscount and it shipped today.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #199
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Nakatomi Plaza

Quote:
I order the "Bat Cowl" version yesterday from DeepDiscount and it shipped today.
Congrats I've been waiting (im)patiently for my Amazon order to go to Shipping Soon status...
Yippee ki yay

Trade Thread

Girls: Season 2 digital copy (full code) for trade.
Looking for Vudu: Eastbound & Down S4, Hannibal S2, Helix S1
Old 11-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #200
Special Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Me too, that would be awesome if it came early, but it probably won't... does anyone know what shipping provider they use? They gave me a tracking number, but didn't say who...
Panasonic Plasma TC-P50S60
Onkyo TX-NR509
Polk Monitor 45Bs
Polk Monitor 15C
Polk Owm3s
Klipsch Sub-10

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/McGarnigal.png[/url]
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions

Tags
dark knight, limited edition, release date, rise