COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$89.96
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Qatsi Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Shame (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Three Colors Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Jumanji (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$18.96
Hook (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Home for Christmas: André Rieu Live In Concert (Blu-ray)
$10.00
The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$74.99
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas / Twice Upon a Christmas (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Blu-ray)
$20.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Receivers

Old 03-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #101

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoetMB View Post
The SR8040BP's are Bi-polar and it's very possible they will give a phase error. You can ignore it.

The fronts are another issue. With the backs and center speakers not connected, send an analog stereo signal into the receiver. Choose music that that doesn't mix the vocals to the left or right. You should hear a hard phantom center channel. If the phantom center is diffuse, then one of your fronts is indeed out of phase. If you're sure the polarity of your cables is correct, then it might be that the receiver or the speakers are mis-wired.

You can also get hold of a test disc, like the THX Test Disc which has an audio section that tests phase.
Okay thanks for the quick response. I'm sure that everything is wired correctly. As a matter of fact I reconnected my SC-05 and ran its MCACC just be sure and everything is fine. Also the BP8060ST's are bipolar as well. Is it possible that's the problem for both?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #102

Jul 2012
Lindsay Ontario Canada
Thumbs up PC audio hookup.

Just a quick easy question,but I want to get it right the first time.
I have a digital audio cable that I will be running from my PC to my sc-57 and I would like to know which digital audio port I plug into on my 57.Just so there is no confusion,single line with RCA male plug on the end,a digital audio cable.
I'm thinking using the CD digital audio but if there is a better port to use then I can make a choice.
Thanks,
Panasonic TC-P65VT50 Smart VIERA 3D HD Plasma,
Blu-ray Player:Panasonic DMP-BDT500,
Receiver:Pioneer Elite CS-57,
Front Speakers:Paradigm Studio 20,Rear:Paradigm Millenia ADP,Center:Paradigm CC 300,Sub:Paradigm Series 7 Sub 10,
Bell HD Satellite Desk top Receiver/PVR,
Remote:Harmony 650
Old 01-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #103
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Terry View Post
Just a quick easy question,but I want to get it right the first time.
I have a digital audio cable that I will be running from my PC to my sc-57 and I would like to know which digital audio port I plug into on my 57.Just so there is no confusion,single line with RCA male plug on the end,a digital audio cable.
I'm thinking using the CD digital audio but if there is a better port to use then I can make a choice.
Thanks,
You can use any of the digital inputs and also you can assign the input by name. If your PC has a HDMI output with lossless audio option it would be better to use HDMI since only HDMI can pass lossless audio over a digital connection. Optical and coaxial digital is limited to lossy audio.

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 01-24-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #104

Jul 2012
Lindsay Ontario Canada
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
You can use any of the digital inputs and also you can assign the input by name. If your PC has a HDMI output with lossless audio option it would be better to use HDMI since only HDMI can pass lossless audio over a digital connection. Optical and coaxial digital is limited to lossy audio.
Ouch,I did not know that.I definitely want lossless so I shall have to check how many HDMI ports I have on my comp.but I think just one.If only one then I might use VGA from tower to monitor and use the HDMI to AVR.
Thanks,.....digital is lossy,darn,that complicates things
Panasonic TC-P65VT50 Smart VIERA 3D HD Plasma,
Blu-ray Player:Panasonic DMP-BDT500,
Receiver:Pioneer Elite CS-57,
Front Speakers:Paradigm Studio 20,Rear:Paradigm Millenia ADP,Center:Paradigm CC 300,Sub:Paradigm Series 7 Sub 10,
Bell HD Satellite Desk top Receiver/PVR,
Remote:Harmony 650
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Receivers