Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Three's Company: The Complete Series (DVD)
$49.99
6 hrs ago
The Mel Brooks Collection (DVD)
$20.49

Twilight Forever: The Complete Saga (DVD)
$25.99

Downton Abbey Season 4 (DVD)
$14.99

Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (DVD)
$19.99

The Fault in Our Stars (DVD)
$10.00
1 hr ago
The Mentalist: The Complete Sixth Season (DVD)
$20.99

Person of Interest: Season 3 (DVD)
$20.49

Warehouse 13: The Complete Series (DVD)
$69.99

Supernatural: The Complete Ninth Season (DVD)
$23.49

Arrow: The Complete Second Season (DVD)
$23.49

Cosmos: A SpaceTime Odyssey (DVD)
$19.99

22 Jump Street (DVD)
$10.00

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 09-19-2012, 01:07 AM   #121
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
Florida

Just cancelled my Vol. 2 order and pre-ordered the complete series. I'm a bit put off that they didn't announce this before Vol. 1 came out, but it could be worse - they could have waited until after releasing all the volumes (which would have sucked). I'm very happy I'll be able to get the bonus features now after all.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Last edited by Aragorn the Elfstone; 09-19-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:34 AM   #122
Power Member

Jan 2011
Tampa, FL

I preordered the complete series also.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:47 AM   #123
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

I used to love this show when I was a kid.
TV: Samsung UN32EH5000
Blu-ray Player: Sony BDP-S360
DVD Player & Recorder: Sony DVP-NS77H & Toshiba DR430
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR509
Front: Polk Audio Monitor30 Series II
Center: Polk Audio CS1 Series II
Surrounds: Dayton Audio B652
Subwoofer: Boston Acoustics CSSUB10B
Old 09-19-2012, 02:49 AM   #124
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009

There was a commercial on tv for this a few nights ago. I was a little shocked to see it. Might need to jump on this at that price.
There's something really scary about a guy with a knife who just... snaps
Old 10-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #125
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

It's morphin time!!!!!!!!!
TV: Samsung UN32EH5000
Blu-ray Player: Sony BDP-S360
DVD Player & Recorder: Sony DVP-NS77H & Toshiba DR430
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR509
Front: Polk Audio Monitor30 Series II
Center: Polk Audio CS1 Series II
Surrounds: Dayton Audio B652
Subwoofer: Boston Acoustics CSSUB10B
Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #126
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands

White power!

"Many great films fail and many shitty movies make a lot of money." - John Landis

BD Wishlist: - Prince of Egypt - Hunchback of Notre Dame - Beverly Hills Cop - Bowfinger - Multiplicity - One Hour Photo - Series: - Over There - Flashpoint - Monk - Friends - My Name Is Earl - Music: - Maiden Rock In Rio - MetallicA S&M - Godsmack Changes - Ramms+ein Berlin - SlipKnoT Disasterpieces - Ozzy At Budokan - Satriani SF
Old 10-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #127
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Send a message via MSN to Billz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc. View Post
*facepalm*
Hates:
3D
Old 10-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #128

Mar 2012
Greece

I just got the Time Life set from e-bay it looks awesome!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #129
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

The listing just disappeared on Amazon.ca
Vaiyo A-O , A Home Va Ya Ray, Vaiyo A-Rah, Jerhume Brunnen G

My Collection
Old 11-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #130
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

The complete series release date has been pushed back to the 20th for some inexplicable reason.
Vaiyo A-O , A Home Va Ya Ray, Vaiyo A-Rah, Jerhume Brunnen G

My Collection
Old 11-19-2012, 05:36 AM   #131

Dec 2006

I had a power orgasm!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #132
Banned

Jun 2012

Can you tell me which season when Rocky, Johnny Young Bosh, etc etc left? I lost interest after they left so I need to know so I know what season DVD to stop buying, thank you!
Old 11-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #133
Contributor

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Blu-Ray View Post
Can you tell me which season when Rocky, Johnny Young Bosh, etc etc left? I lost interest after they left so I need to know so I know what season DVD to stop buying, thank you!
turbo. they were in there from like mmpr s2ish uptill sometime in turbo. turbo was probly the worst season imo but the season after that space was pretty awesome.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #134

Dec 2006

Quote:
I think they left in the 2nd or 3rd season, anyway, the first boxset has all these for sure, so all you need is the boxset anyways. They do return later in the show after some seasons. Basically, the "original roster" was completly gone with the start of Space

honestly speaking, I plan on getting all seasons, as a collector.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:45 AM   #135
Banned

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron158 View Post
turbo. they were in there from like mmpr s2ish uptill sometime in turbo. turbo was probly the worst season imo but the season after that space was pretty awesome.
Thank you!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #136
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

Quote:
I'm such a dork, I will go into more detail than you are looking for.

The original cast:

Jason (Red)
Zack (Black)
Trini (Yellow)
Kimberly (Pink)
Billy (Blue)
and a little later Tommy (Green/ eventually White)

Shortly after Tommy becomes the White Ranger in Season 2 of MMPR, the Jason, Zack, and Trini are sent to a "peace conference" (in reality left the show over pay disputes) and are replaced by Rocky, Adam, and Aisha.

During season 3 of MMPR, Kimberly leaves the show and is replaced by Katherine

So, by this point the team is:

Rocky (Red)
Adam (Black)
Aisha (Yellow)
Katherine (Pink)
Billy (Blue)
Tommy (White)

The end of Season 3 was the Alien Rangers mini-series where the rangers were turned into kids. The actress who played Aisha decided not to come back for Season 4 (Zeo), and is replaced by Tanya at the tail end of that story line leading into Zeo.

Billy is no longer ranger and hangs around as a technical helper to the Rangers. Jason (the original red ranger) returns during Zeo and becomes to the Gold Ranger. Some of the colors got rearranged, so the cast now looked like this:

Tommy (Red)
Rocky (Blue)
Adam (Green)
Tanya (Yellow)
Katherine (Pink)
Jason (Gold)
Billy (hanging around with his thumb up his butt.... just kidding! )

David Yost who played Billy decided to leave the show during Zeo, so he was the last of the original 5 to leave.

Jason also basically leaves the show at the end of Zeo when the Gold Ranger powers go back to that alien dude (who can split into 3 dudes) came back for them. Though Jason, as well as Kimberly, both appear in the Turbo movie (as non-rangers).

Rocky leaves at the start of Turbo. He appears in the movie and in the first episode or two of the show. In the movie he gets injured during a martial arts competition, and is out for the count (which apparently mirrors the reason he was leaving the show... he actually got some kind of injury and decided to leave because of it), and when they Rangers get their Turbo powers, the new annoying kid Justin becomes the blue ranger.

The other 4 remaining rangers (Tommy, Adam, Katherine, Tanya) are all still there and keep their same colors when they get their new powers.

Then eventually during Turbo came, what I like to call, the "Power Purge", in which (except for Justin, who stayed on for the rest of the season) each Ranger picks a successor to replace them so they can move on with their lives. I guess a couple of the actors, including Jason David Frank who played Tommy, were wanting to leave, and they just figured it was best to do a big cast change at once rather than have a couple of one-offs leaving.

This was where I originally kind of lost interest back in the day (though it had been waning for some time). It was bad enough losing an actor or two (or three as with the original cast change) here and there, but at least others remained and allowed the viewers to get used to the newer members. But when they got rid of everyone at once, especially Tommy (the only remaining member of the original 6 once the Green Ranger joined the team), all bets were off. It would have been bad enough if only Tommy had left, but when everyone else did, too, I gave up.

My interest is more renewed in recent years, but that's how I felt back then.

Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; 12-10-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:10 AM   #137
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009

I got this as a gift from my sister today. I watched the first disc today and that took up about 2 hours. Very happy to have gotten this. Brings back so many memories. Cant wait till I get to the green ranger episodes.

I noticed that almost every case was broken. The plastic clips on the inside of the spine all snapped off.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:26 AM   #138
Special Member

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Cool View Post
I got this as a gift from my sister today. I watched the first disc today and that took up about 2 hours. Very happy to have gotten this. Brings back so many memories. Cant wait till I get to the green ranger episodes.

I noticed that almost every case was broken. The plastic clips on the inside of the spine all snapped off.
Yeah, I think that's more of a Shout Factory problem than an Amazon problem. My first season case looked like it had been used as someone's personal soccer ball. No damage to the outer packaging, though. So it was shipped damaged, it wasn't damaged in transit.
"Before we begin, you must all be warned: nothing here... is vegetarian." -- Dr. Hannibal Lecter
Old 01-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #139

Aug 2010
Brooklyn, NY

I actually got Jason David Frank (Tommy) to sign my copy from Comic Con! I have to get this set, Lost Galaxy and In Space are awesome series. With "In Space" ending the Zordon story arc and "Lost Galaxy" featuring a team up, a ranger death, and a bad ass character kicking the rangers' ass as well as the villains this set becomes a lock.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #140
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009

Well I am up to episode 50 now. I will take a break for a little bit. This brings back so many happy memories. All I can say is they used lots of stock footage. Not sure why they were filming 7 days a week for a few months.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies