Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Now: Despicable Me 2 $9.96 (68% sold out)
Now: Magic Mike $3.96 (33% sold out)
Soon: Rio 2 ()
Soon: Snow White and the Huntsman ()
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Killing Them Softly (Blu-ray)
$3.99
1 hr ago
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$6.00
13 hrs ago
12 Years a Slave (Blu-ray)
$6.96
10 hrs ago
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Blu-ray)
$4.99
4 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
7 hrs ago
Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99
15 hrs ago
The Rover (Blu-ray)
$6.96
10 hrs ago
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$6.96
10 hrs ago
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$9.00
12 hrs ago
Super 8 (Blu-ray)
$4.99
15 hrs ago
Escape Plan (Blu-ray)
$6.96
10 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
7 hrs ago
The Legend of Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.96
10 hrs ago
A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$9.00
14 hrs ago
Old 12-02-2012, 05:10 AM   #3381

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydrunk View Post
been posting in one thread for the last few days but thought i would introduce myself to the newbie thread.....hello all glad to be here. hopefully i can learn and contributr, thankyou
Welcome joeydrunk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPHiCS View Post
Registered a while ago on the site but I decided to start trading in the forums today. Can't make my own topic as yet though. <_<
Welcome EPHiCS! You'll need 10 posts before you can start your own thread.
John - I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
My personal motto: "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - Harman/Kardon - Marantz Reference - Mogami - Nitty Gritty -- Valab/King
Old 12-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #3382

Dec 2007
Florida
Default 5 Years later....

So I'm 5 years late on this....but might as well!

I've been floating around, browsing the forums for years, mostly on the Hot Deals, Comics, and Collectibles/Limited Editions forums. In the beginning, I simply read posts for new info on my (at the time) new PS3, new tv, new blu-rays, and just did that for the longest time. Fast forward to early 2012, and now I'm absolutely hooked on Steelbooks (i always had some, but now I want them all, ) hooked on 3D stuff, ps3 games, and, especially this holiday season, saved tons of $$$ because of the awesome community.
I would also like to thank you all for making me spend all my money and hitting over $2500 at best buy this year, lol.

So...enough of my hiding. I've decided to become much more active and help in finding deals, steelbooks (i have a few extra...), and just chatting with you fun people. I still have to update some things on my profile, but let's just call today my "rebirth", but figured the intro thread would be a good place to "restart", funny enough, on my 5th anniversary on here.

Looking forward to being much more involved in the community, and giving back as much as I got.

See ya around
-Lino
PS3-currently playing:NFS:MW, PSASBR, BLOPS2, AC3
PS VITA-currently playing:Gravity Rush, Uncharted:GA, Rayman Origins, DJMAX Technika Tune, PSASBR
BD Titles: Total 163 titles + 67 steelbooks
next on list: RE Retribution SB, Total Recall SB
my extras: Cinderella, Brave, and Nemo MetalPaks
Old 12-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #3383

Dec 2012
Centerville

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #3384

May 2011
Upper Canada
Greetings,

It just feels like yesterday since I first registered as a member. In truth it was about a year and a half ago and after lurking for so long, I thought that I should enter my first official post.

All though my collection of Blu-ray's is small I look forward to expanding my selection. You just can't beat the full HT experience on Blu-ray! Since my time around here I have completely upgraded my HT equipment and learned so much.

Catch you later.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #3385

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doowopman View Post
Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_slacker View Post
Greetings,

It just feels like yesterday since I first registered as a member. In truth it was about a year and a half ago and after lurking for so long, I thought that I should enter my first official post.

All though my collection of Blu-ray's is small I look forward to expanding my selection. You just can't beat the full HT experience on Blu-ray! Since my time around here I have completely upgraded my HT equipment and learned so much.

Catch you later.
Welcome to the Community doowopman & a_slacker
Brent

A Projector and Sound System with a Blu-ray ~ Priceless.........
Old 12-11-2012, 02:59 AM   #3386

Feb 2011
Thailand

Hello all
Old 12-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #3387

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon doe View Post
Hello all
Hello and Welcome
Brent

Old 12-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #3388
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012
Columbus, Ohio

Been lurking here since I started getting blu rays (not that long ago). Have absolutely fallen in love with it. Looking forward to being a member here!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #3389

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman94 View Post
Been lurking here since I started getting blu rays (not that long ago). Have absolutely fallen in love with it. Looking forward to being a member here!
Welcome to the Forum Randyman94
Brent

Old 12-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #3390

Oct 2012
Portugal

Hey, I am kidink, and I come from Portugal.

I collect blu-ray's and dvd's since July, and I hope that I like the forum
Old 12-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #3391

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidink View Post
Hey, I am kidink, and I come from Portugal.

I collect blu-ray's and dvd's since July, and I hope that I like the forum
Welcome to the Community kidink
Brent

Old 12-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #3392
Expert Member

Dec 2012
Auburn, GA

Well....I haven't posted in here yet, so....

I'm Pete. Browsed the board a few times the past few years, just never joined because I was getting burned out on forums. I'm an ex-army actor from the Atlanta area, and getting into the whole acting thing is what got me into being a movie buff again....thus, leading me here. Right now I do a lot of background acting (yes, extra work) because I just love working on set, and getting roles isn't exactly the easiest thing haha. But, you can see me in some of my small features in things like American Reunion and Necessary Roughness.

Anyways, yeah....glad to be here.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:03 AM   #3393

Dec 2012
In Dreams It Seems

Hello all, I Have Been A Big Fan Of This Site For The Longest, Hope I Can Contribute In Some Way And Build My Collection At The Same Time
Old 12-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #3394

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2play View Post
Well....I haven't posted in here yet, so....

I'm Pete. Browsed the board a few times the past few years, just never joined because I was getting burned out on forums. I'm an ex-army actor from the Atlanta area, and getting into the whole acting thing is what got me into being a movie buff again....thus, leading me here. Right now I do a lot of background acting (yes, extra work) because I just love working on set, and getting roles isn't exactly the easiest thing haha. But, you can see me in some of my small features in things like American Reunion and Necessary Roughness.

Anyways, yeah....glad to be here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
Hello all, I Have Been A Big Fan Of This Site For The Longest, Hope I Can Contribute In Some Way And Build My Collection At The Same Time
Welcome guys! Always great to read members joining in on the fun of the forums!
John - I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
My personal motto: "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - Harman/Kardon - Marantz Reference - Mogami - Nitty Gritty -- Valab/King
Old 12-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #3395
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009
Netherlands SteelBooks™: 96

Welcome to the community everyone!
Andy.

A world of pounding beats, pure melodies, and euphoria. A State of Trance.

tonight is forever.

PSN; deeii91
Old 12-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #3396

Nov 2012
Los Angeles

Hi All. I am a bit new to the board. I discovered it by a comment on Amazon when reading feedback on a blu-ray. I've really just embraced collecting blu-ray recently having taken advantage of the holiday specials. My first BD was Dr. Horrible and my first player has been a PS3 that I have owned for a year. I've been a slow starter to the format having had to endure some difficult financial challenges due to employment and family medical issues.

I have to say though I am glad now I am able to build a small library of films that I hope to share with loved ones and serve as a happy distraction from the trials of life. I joined this forum recently and have been reading many threads with regards to deals, information on the format and cases as well as looking for storage options.

I really like that there is an app for this site that helps catalog one's collection and am very happy I have learned quite a bit about the format. I love that folks can come here to share their latest collection additions and discuss them. While I tend to be quite I do hope to become a more active contributing member. Thanks all and look forward to reading your thoughts about these discs. ^_^

Last edited by Risahawkeye; 12-17-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #3397

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risahawkeye View Post
Hi All. I am a bit new to the board. I discovered it by a comment on Amazon when reading feedback on a blu-ray. I've really just embraced collecting blu-ray recently having taken advantage of the holiday specials. My first BD was Dr. Horrible and my first player has been a PS3 that I have owned for a year. I've been a slow starter to the format having had to endure some difficult financial challenges due to employment and family medical issues.

I have to say though I am glad now I am able to build a small library of films that I hope to share with loved ones and serve as a happy distraction from the trials of life. I joined this forum recently and have been reading many threads with regards to deals, information on the format and cases as well as looking for storage options.

I really like that there is an app for this site that helps catalog one's collection and am very happy I have learned quite a bit about the format. I love that folks can come here to share their latest collection additions and discuss them. While I tend to be quite I do hope to become a more active contributing member. Thanks all and look forward to reading your thoughts about these discs. ^_^
Welcome to the Community Risahawkeye
Brent

Old 12-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #3398

Dec 2012

Hi all!

New member from Mexico here. I'm finally diving deep into Blu-ray HD territory with the recent acquisition of a HDTV. I'm used to watching movies on my laptop but the screen was getting kind of cramped, so now it's off to the big leagues. I hope I don't run into a lot of problems, but if I do I'll just ask the community.

EDIT: I may have read the forum rules too fast, but I guess I overlooked the part where new members can't start new threads. I understand the reason, to avoid spamming and such. When do I gain that privilege?

Last edited by shiajun; 12-17-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:38 AM   #3399

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiajun View Post
Hi all!

New member from Mexico here. I'm finally diving deep into Blu-ray HD territory with the recent acquisition of a HDTV. I'm used to watching movies on my laptop but the screen was getting kind of cramped, so now it's off to the big leagues. I hope I don't run into a lot of problems, but if I do I'll just ask the community.

EDIT: I may have read the forum rules too fast, but I guess I overlooked the part where new members can't start new threads. I understand the reason, to avoid spamming and such. When do I gain that privilege?
Welcome shiajun

You have 6 posts so far so get a few more in
Brent

Old 12-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #3400

Dec 2012
Upstate NY

Hey all, just joined. From upstate NY....mostly a fan of Disney and animation. Only recently got into the Blu-Ray stuff with my purchase of Legend of the Guardians. Right now its my only blu...and if I buy any more blus, it will be of computer animated films since they benefit the most from the format. My blu player upscales the 2-d stuff just fine for my small hdtv, so no need to double dip unless the dvd goes bad.
Frogs have it easy; they eat whatever bugs them.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion