Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Now: Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit $6.00 (46% sold out)
Now: Silver Linings Playbook $6.00 (36% sold out)
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Blacklist: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$15.49
1 hr ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.49
1 hr ago
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99

X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Son of Batman (Blu-ray)
$8.00
17 hrs ago
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.96
15 hrs ago
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

You Only Live Twice (Blu-ray)
$3.99
16 hrs ago
The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Wizard of Oz 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.49
1 hr ago
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Old 08-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #41
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.

Anyone looking to buy more shelving should check out DeepDiscount.com right now. They are having a really good sale. Here's the link -

Deep Discount Storage Sale

I picked up the Atlantic Media Tower Elite that holds like 570 blus for 67.43 after the 10% off coupon code from sharing the site (sent to my other email ). Here's my receipt -

Shipping Method: Standard Shipping (3 - 7 days)

Qty Item # Description Price Status
1 ATA035725 Media Tower Elite Large In Black P2 - 67.43

Merchandise Total: $ 67.43
Tax: $ 0.00
Shipping & Processing: $ 0.00
Total for this Order: $ 67.43

This shelf is usually $99 at Best Buy and $110 on Amazon so it was a no-brainer for me.
MY ONLY WANT: Blufans Let The Bullets Fly steelbook!
Have for trade: Blufans SB: Pacific Rim, Wall-E Lenti or reg. slip, Up Lenti slip Kimchi SB: Rush Lenti, Pianist Lenti, Memento Lenti or Full Slip Zavvi SB: V for Vendetta, Temple of Doom, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Army of Darkness, Evil Dead 2 Others: TWD S2 Zombie Head, SDCC Alien Anthology Egg set, SF Pumpkinhead w/mint slip, poster, and magnets.

Last edited by Bruisermoore; 08-19-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #42
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

I just bought my second one of these http://www.quatropi.com/products/stu...nted-tall.html it holds about 200 Blu's but I think it look's great.
Film=Priority,Packaging=Not really bothered.

I spent a lot of money on booze,bird's and fast cars.
The rest I just squandered...............George Best.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #43
Power Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
Anyone looking to buy more shelving should check out DeepDiscount.com right now. They are having a really good sale. Here's the link -

Deep Discount Storage Sale

I picked up the Atlantic Media Tower Elite that holds like 570 blus for 67.43 after the 10% off coupon code from sharing the site (sent to my other email ). Here's my receipt -

Shipping Method: Standard Shipping (3 - 7 days)

Qty Item # Description Price Status
1 ATA035725 Media Tower Elite Large In Black P2 - 67.43

Merchandise Total: $ 67.43
Tax: $ 0.00
Shipping & Processing: $ 0.00
Total for this Order: $ 67.43

This shelf is usually $99 at Best Buy and $110 on Amazon so it was a no-brainer for me.
I thought about that shelf, but the blu-rays hang off the shelf and I don't like that very much. The Oskar 1080 shelf is a good price, but not available in black.

I think the 2 Target shelves are the best choice for my needs. I can fit roughly 425 blu-rays on each shelving unit. So 850 total.

Last edited by Dreamliner330; 08-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:40 AM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
I thought about that shelf, but the blu-rays hang off the shelf and I don't like that very much. The Oskar 1080 shelf is a good price, but not available in black.

I think the 2 Target shelves are the best choice for my needs. I can fit roughly 425 blu-rays on each shelving unit. So 850 total.
The blus hanging over the edge is what actually caught my eye about this shelf. I like the idea of looking through my collection and just putting my finger on the top corner edge of the case and pushing down to have it tilt and fall out to me. Then again, I may just be a weirdo, but it reminds of when I would select a vinyl record from a shelf, it would do the same basic thing. I think it's these quirky little things that make life worth living .
MY ONLY WANT: Blufans Let The Bullets Fly steelbook!
Have for trade: Blufans SB: Pacific Rim, Wall-E Lenti or reg. slip, Up Lenti slip Kimchi SB: Rush Lenti, Pianist Lenti, Memento Lenti or Full Slip Zavvi SB: V for Vendetta, Temple of Doom, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Army of Darkness, Evil Dead 2 Others: TWD S2 Zombie Head, SDCC Alien Anthology Egg set, SF Pumpkinhead w/mint slip, poster, and magnets.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #45
Power Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
The blus hanging over the edge is what actually caught my eye about this shelf. I like the idea of looking through my collection and just putting my finger on the top corner edge of the case and pushing down to have it tilt and fall out to me. Then again, I may just be a weirdo, but it reminds of when I would select a vinyl record from a shelf, it would do the same basic thing. I think it's these quirky little things that make life worth living .
I'm worried the shelf would cause a dent on the bottom of all my collectible cases & slipcovers where it ends.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Deatsville, Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
I'm worried the shelf would cause a dent on the bottom of all my collectible cases & slipcovers where it ends.
Hey theree have you thought about building your own shelf? You can check mine in my gallery. My dad and I did the whole thing for 110.00 and it will hold up to 1,500 blus. Fairly easy to build and is pretty low profile. We cut the floor moulding and chair rail out so it could be right against the wall. Took us a about half a day to do it.
Home Theater...
Mits WD-65638 65" 1080p DLP 3D HDTV w/3D Starter Kit, DirectTV HD 5 tuner DVR w/ 1TB HD, Onkyo TX-SR508 7.1 3D Rcvr, Sony BDP-S470 3D BR player, PS3 slim 160g, Xbox360 Elite w/Kinect, Wii, Surround: Polk Mon 50's, 30's, Center & Sub, Harmony One, Apple MacMini HTPC,
My Star Wars Room"The Outer Rim" http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...&folderid=2438
Old 11-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #47

Mar 2012
Canada

I am also looking for another DVD shelving unit. I've used up 2 already.

My one requirement (and probably a hard one to match, to be honest), is that I can not hammer, nail, or screw anything into the wall. The shelf must be able to support itself plus the weight of movies, without needing to be supported by the wall.

I (still) live in my parents house (loong story why), and so they told me I can't use nails, or screws, in the walls.

Any ideas for this??
Old 11-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #48
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Augusta, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBlade View Post
I am also looking for another DVD shelving unit. I've used up 2 already.

My one requirement (and probably a hard one to match, to be honest), is that I can not hammer, nail, or screw anything into the wall. The shelf must be able to support itself plus the weight of movies, without needing to be supported by the wall.

I (still) live in my parents house (loong story why), and so they told me I can't use nails, or screws, in the walls.

Any ideas for this??
I can't stop advocating these... I just bought a second one on black friday. These each hold around 400+ blus, depending on how you store them. There is an added anchor for extra stability, but it holds up fine on it's own....

Atlantic Oskar Shelf
My growing collection:
#1 - Juno (2/29/12) :: #100 - Easy A (4/7/12)
#200 - Simpsons Movie (4/27/12) :: #300 - North by Northwest (5/28/12)
#400 - The Corpse Bride (11/02/12) :: #500 - A Bug's Life (1/3/13)
Old 12-01-2012, 03:22 AM   #49
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Anderson, SC

I posted a thread about this but it looks like I should have posted it here, so here I go...

After getting married just over a year ago, we moved to an apartment and I still haven't picked a shelf to properly display and store all of my BD and DVD titles. The space I'm thinking of putting it in is in the corner of the room. I have measured, and the measurements are in the neighborhood of:

9'1/2'' Wide

4'10'' Long

6'10'' Tall

It would be on carpet, although it's pretty thin anyway so it shouldn't be a problem anyway. If you have any ideas that would be great. Like everyone else, I want to try to keep the cost as low as possible. It just needs to be dependable, and look alright as it'll be in our "office", which is really just a scrapbook/movie storage room.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #50
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2007
Bronx, New York
Send a message via AIM to saprano

After much searching i decided im getting either these two bookshelves for my BD's-

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Hom...kcase/15914793

http://www.target.com/p/carson-5-she...imary%20Banner

What do you guys think?
Pioneer Kuro 151FD|Samung 40"
Pioneer Elite SC-37|Onkyo 705
Def Tech speakers/Def Tech Sub
Oppo BDP-103|PS3 phat 60gig|PS3 slim120gig|APC H15
New Addition -SVS SB13 Ultra
Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #51
Special Member

May 2011
Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent L. View Post
I posted a thread about this but it looks like I should have posted it here, so here I go...

After getting married just over a year ago, we moved to an apartment and I still haven't picked a shelf to properly display and store all of my BD and DVD titles. The space I'm thinking of putting it in is in the corner of the room. I have measured, and the measurements are in the neighborhood of:

9'1/2'' Wide

4'10'' Long

6'10'' Tall

It would be on carpet, although it's pretty thin anyway so it shouldn't be a problem anyway. If you have any ideas that would be great. Like everyone else, I want to try to keep the cost as low as possible. It just needs to be dependable, and look alright as it'll be in our "office", which is really just a scrapbook/movie storage room.
Anything that tall and skinny shoudl be anchored to the wall. You can use drywall anchors or get a stud finder and put some small L brackets into the wall. You don't want it falling over.
Blu-ray Disc addict
XBOX ONE early adopter
Old 12-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #52
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkest View Post
Anything that tall and skinny shoudl be anchored to the wall. You can use drywall anchors or get a stud finder and put some small L brackets into the wall. You don't want it falling over.
My custom shelves are about the same measurements (except a little bit higher), I don't have or need them fastened to the wall . They are very stable and heavy, it would take someone to intentionally push them over for them to fall over.

DSC02246.jpg

DSC02236.jpg

DSC02225.jpg
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avp/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (region free), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony 1100i remote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #53
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
My custom shelves are about the same measurements (except a little bit higher), I don't have or need them fastened to the wall . They are very stable and heavy, it would take someone to intentionally push them over for them to fall over.

[Show spoiler]Attachment 55766

[Show spoiler]Attachment 55767

[Show spoiler]Attachment 55768

Something tells me that the unit he referenced will not be custom, nor made of real wood like yours is. Your unit looks to be of solid construction the only thing that may be pressed wood or particle board might be the back of the unit itself. I know you have an eye for detail and quality. Knowing you, even the back of your unit may be real wood.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #54
Special Member

May 2011
Colorado

Those custom made shelves are works of art! Very very nice. Consider me jealous.

I would still anchor them to the wall, after putting some felt on the back side where it will contact the wall.
Blu-ray Disc addict
XBOX ONE early adopter
Old 12-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #55
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
gorgeous.

My shelves are nowhere near as nice nor look as heavy (i.e. no back and it is just 1" pine all around) but I don't have them anchored either.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #56
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxbfly View Post
[/SPOILER]

Something tells me that the unit he referenced will not be custom, nor made of real wood like yours is. Your unit looks to be of solid construction the only thing that may be pressed wood or particle board might be the back of the unit itself. I know you have an eye for detail and quality. Knowing you, even the back of your unit may be real wood.
Lol, you know me well . Good point, it was early in the AM when I made my comment and wasn't really thinking about that. I asked the company who constructed my shelves about that when I put in the order for them, but I can't quite remember now if they said they were going to use solid timber for the back or not. Though I'm pretty sure they said they were going to use a veneer for the backing because if they used solid timber for it they would have had to join pieces together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkest View Post
Those custom made shelves are works of art! Very very nice. Consider me jealous.

I would still anchor them to the wall, after putting some felt on the back side where it will contact the wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
gorgeous.

My shelves are nowhere near as nice nor look as heavy (i.e. no back and it is just 1" pine all around) but I don't have them anchored either.
Thanks guy's.

Djkest, even though imo it doesn't need it, I couldn't bracket them to the wall even if I wanted to, because I lease my apartment and my landlord wouldn't want me to do that. Also the bathroom of my neighboring apartment is on the other side of the wall where the shelves are, and drilling into the wall with all the piping there could be a bit a risk.
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avp/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (region free), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony 1100i remote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #57
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:

Those are BEAUTIFUL shelves! Best I've seen.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #58

Oct 2009
Illinois

[QUOTE=Cevolution;6830500]My custom shelves are about the same measurements (except a little bit higher), I don't have or need them fastened to the wall . They are very stable and heavy, it would take someone to intentionally push them over for them to fall over.

Those shelves are absolutely gorgeous!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #59
Banned

Feb 2008
Magic Kingdom, FL
Send a message via AIM to ixlegitballinxl

Impressed with those custom shelves!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:50 AM   #60
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post
Those are BEAUTIFUL shelves! Best I've seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddufremle View Post
Those shelves are absolutely gorgeous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixlegitballinxl View Post
Impressed with those custom shelves!
Thanks for the kind words fella's
Setup:
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction