Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, From $3.99 »
Soon: Horrible Bosses (Totally Inapp… ()
Soon: Red 2 ()
Soon: The Smurfs ()
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$7.99
1 hr ago
The LEGO Movie (Blu-ray)
$8.99
53 min ago
The King's Speech (Blu-ray)
$3.99
1 hr ago
Killing Them Softly (Blu-ray)
$3.99
13 hrs ago
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$6.00
 
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$3.99
5 hrs ago
Casablanca (Blu-ray)
$5.99
4 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
19 hrs ago
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Blu-ray)
$4.99
16 hrs ago
Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99
 
Mirror Mirror (Blu-ray)
$4.99
1 hr ago
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$9.00
 
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
19 hrs ago
The Sandlot (Blu-ray)
$4.99
6 hrs ago
Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #17561
Rustolem Rustolem is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2007
15
304
214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali157 View Post
That is a nice cabinet. I have been looking for some cabinets that can fit Emotiva amps, especially concerning the depth of around 22 inches with connections. Did you have to pop the back open to fit the amp?

Anyone have any other ideas of deep equipment shelves to fit Emotiva amps? I am looking for ones with doors and are enclosed... and hopefully don't cost too much (under $1K).
What's up Kali, try some of http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/ I have a handmade stand just for my DLP, which is just a box for it to sit on but need a rack for my stuff and bought one of their products and love it..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #17562
ZIPPO ZIPPO is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
ZIPPO's Avatar
 
May 2008
Columbus, Ohio
148
472
3
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali157 View Post
That is a nice cabinet. I have been looking for some cabinets that can fit Emotiva amps, especially concerning the depth of around 22 inches with connections. Did you have to pop the back open to fit the amp?

Anyone have any other ideas of deep equipment shelves to fit Emotiva amps? I am looking for ones with doors and are enclosed... and hopefully don't cost too much (under $1K).
One of the cabinets I'm using in my living room system would work.
Has a door, is enclosed, is under $1K & is deep enough( 22" ) for an Emo amp with connections.
http://www.can-am.ca/docs/Can-Am-FD-CAB20D.pdf

One FD-CAB20D with accessories( TOP38, WHEELS, & a couple of shelves[ ASHELF or PUSHE ] ), would be under $1000.
http://www.can-am.ca/price-sheet.htm
LIVING ROOM: Panasonic TC-P65V10, SONY BDP-S5000ES, SONY STR-DA5300ES, Emotiva XPA-5, Def Tech(BP2006 x 2, C/L/R2300, BP2X x 2, BP1.2X x 2)
BEDROOM: SONY KDL-52XBR5, OPPO BDP-103, Pioneer Elite SC-63, Energy(RC-LCR x 3), Paradigm(ADP-190 x 2), SVS PC12-PLUS



"What is dead may never die..."
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #17563
Kali157 Kali157 is offline
Special Member
 
Nov 2009
43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPPO View Post
One of the cabinets I'm using in my living room system would work.
Has a door, is enclosed, is under $1K & is deep enough( 22" ) for an Emo amp with connections.
http://www.can-am.ca/docs/Can-Am-FD-CAB20D.pdf

One FD-CAB20D with accessories( TOP38, WHEELS, & a couple of shelves[ ASHELF or PUSHE ] ), would be under $1000.
http://www.can-am.ca/price-sheet.htm
Thanks Zippo, those look really good. It would be a great option. The only issue for my use is I want wooden furniture (should have specified). It is amazing how very few options there are for 22+ inch depth enclosed cabinets/stands.

For those interested, I did find some that are 22 inches deep from Techcraft, specifically models TCL5028, TCL6228, ABS60, XLN48, and XLN62.

Any other places people have sourced deep cabinets that fit Emotiva amps?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:01 AM   #17564
jlafrenz jlafrenz is offline
Special Member
 
jlafrenz's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Columbia, MO
48
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali157 View Post
Thanks Zippo, those look really good. It would be a great option. The only issue for my use is I want wooden furniture (should have specified). It is amazing how very few options there are for 22+ inch depth enclosed cabinets/stands.

For those interested, I did find some that are 22 inches deep from Techcraft, specifically models TCL5028, TCL6228, ABS60, XLN48, and XLN62.

Any other places people have sourced deep cabinets that fit Emotiva amps?
I posted a link for you on the last page.
-Speakers: Monitor Audio Silver RS8's, RSLCR, RSFX, Dual Epik Empires
-Powered by: Dual XPA-5's & MMC-1
-TV: Samsung 52" A750
-Sources: Pio Elite BDP-05fd, Toshiba HD-A30, XboX 360, DirecTV HD, HTPC, Music Hall MMF 5.1
-Extras: Music Hall 25.2 DAC, Goldpoint SA4, JoLida JD9, Harmony 1000, Panamax 5100 (x2), BFD Pro DSP1124P
-Cables: Blue Jeans, Audioquest, Monster, DIY Cat5, Belden, DNM
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:31 AM   #17565
ZIPPO ZIPPO is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
ZIPPO's Avatar
 
May 2008
Columbus, Ohio
148
472
3
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali157 View Post
It is amazing how very few options there are for 22+ inch depth enclosed cabinets/stands.

For those interested, I did find some that are 22 inches deep from Techcraft, specifically models TCL5028, TCL6228, ABS60, XLN48, and XLN62.

Any other places people have sourced deep cabinets that fit Emotiva amps?
Those Techcraft models all have overall depth of 22", actual useable inside/internal depth is probably only 19". With the XPA amps being 19" deep, you would have to remove the back panel, to accommodate connectors & cables.

Some retail solutions that have an internal depth at least 22" or greater are:

http://www.standoutdesigns.com/ ( back extender kit available )
http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/chameleon/#/home ( extended rear panel available )
http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/syn/index.jsp ( extended rear panel available )
http://www.diamondcase.com/Cabinet_H..._Consoles.HTML
http://www.middleatlantic.com/enclos...denza-rack.htm

All the above are over $1K.


Kali, your best bet may be to have a cabinet custom made or DIY.
LIVING ROOM: Panasonic TC-P65V10, SONY BDP-S5000ES, SONY STR-DA5300ES, Emotiva XPA-5, Def Tech(BP2006 x 2, C/L/R2300, BP2X x 2, BP1.2X x 2)
BEDROOM: SONY KDL-52XBR5, OPPO BDP-103, Pioneer Elite SC-63, Energy(RC-LCR x 3), Paradigm(ADP-190 x 2), SVS PC12-PLUS



"What is dead may never die..."
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #17566
Rustolem Rustolem is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2007
15
304
214
Default

I think I just ruptured my spine and gave birth at the same time while getting my new XPA-5 out of the box!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #17567
Remo Remo is offline
Senior Member
 
Remo's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Michigan
12
170
24
31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustolem View Post
I think I just ruptured my spine and gave birth at the same time while getting my new XPA-5 out of the box!!!
Yeah its a bit of a beast at 73lbs , just think about lifting the XPR-5 that thing is 94lbs
|| AVR - Onkyo TX-NR1009 || Amps - Emotiva XPA-2 / Emotiva IPS-1 (7 Channel) || TV - Misubishi WD60737 || BD Player - Sony BDP-S790 || CD Player - Denon DCM-290 || Gaming - Modified PS3 Fat / Modified Wii / PS4 || Main L&R - Polk Audio LSi9 || Center - PolkAudio LSiC || Surround - Polk Audio Monitor OWM3 || Subwoofer - Polk Audio PSW505 || Harmony Ultimate Remote ||
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #17568
Kali157 Kali157 is offline
Special Member
 
Nov 2009
43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlafrenz View Post
I posted a link for you on the last page.
Didn't see that. Thanks for the post. But I couldn't find an enclosed rack on the site that was at least 22 inches deep. Did I miss it?

I think I mentioned it already, but I should also specify that I was looking for racks w/ doors. The reason my amps and non essential HT equipment are in the garage right now is b/c of light and noise. W/ Emotiva, the LEDs are quite bright as every owner knows. But the possible new space does not have this option w/out running extremely long wires. Now I do like the look of racks w/ glass panes, so I will probably heavily tint the glass. If Emotiva's LEDs are still obtrusive, then I may mod the amps as well (tint the inside of the logo).

Yeah, I am being a pain in the a$$, but I just have particular taste on how I want my room to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPPO View Post
Those Techcraft models all have overall depth of 22", actual useable inside/internal depth is probably only 19". With the XPA amps being 19" deep, you would have to remove the back panel, to accommodate connectors & cables.

Some retail solutions that have an internal depth at least 22" or greater are:

http://www.standoutdesigns.com/ ( back extender kit available )
http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/chameleon/#/home ( extended rear panel available )
http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/syn/index.jsp ( extended rear panel available )
http://www.diamondcase.com/Cabinet_H..._Consoles.HTML
http://www.middleatlantic.com/enclos...denza-rack.htm

All the above are over $1K.


Kali, your best bet may be to have a cabinet custom made or DIY.

Thanks for the links. Yeah, if I go down the road of +$1K racks, I would rather have someone make it to the exact specs I want. My DIY work isn't up to par for a furniture in the room, though I did build my current rack for the amp.

As for Techcraft, I called them and they said that the usable depth is actually more like 20.5 inches. I think can mod the back for the extra 1.5 inches or so.

Just to clarify why I am being so picky about the depth, I am planning to have this rack on the left side of the new HT space instead of being up front with the center channel. The door is also on the same side so when you walk in, the rack is on the left... and you can see any large gaps behind the cabinet and any wires.

So in the end, I am looking for an enclosed, wooden cabinets with glass doors with a depth of more than 22 inches. All for hopefully under $1K (under $600 would even be better).

Last edited by Kali157; 12-07-2012 at 05:41 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #17569
jlafrenz jlafrenz is offline
Special Member
 
jlafrenz's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Columbia, MO
48
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali157 View Post
Didn't see that. Thanks for the post. But I couldn't find an enclosed rack on the site that was at least 22 inches deep. Did I miss it?

I think I mentioned it already, but I should also specify that I was looking for racks w/ doors. The reason my amps and non essential HT equipment are in the garage right now is b/c of light and noise. W/ Emotiva, the LEDs are quite bright as every owner knows. But the possible new space does not have this option w/out running extremely long wires. Now I do like the look of racks w/ glass panes, so I will probably heavily tint the glass. If Emotiva's LEDs are still obtrusive, then I may mod the amps as well (tint the inside of the logo).

Yeah, I am being a pain in the a$$, but I just have particular taste on how I want my room to look.




Thanks for the links. Yeah, if I go down the road of +$1K racks, I would rather have someone make it to the exact specs I want. My DIY work isn't up to par for a furniture in the room, though I did build my current rack for the amp.

As for Techcraft, I called them and they said that the usable depth is actually more like 20.5 inches. I think can mod the back for the extra 1.5 inches or so.

Just to clarify why I am being so picky about the depth, I am planning to have this rack on the left side of the new HT space instead of being up front with the center channel. The door is also on the same side so when you walk in, the rack is on the left... and you can see any large gaps behind the cabinet and any wires.

So in the end, I am looking for an enclosed, wooden cabinets with glass doors with a depth of more than 22 inches. All for hopefully under $1K (under $600 would even be better).

I didn't realize that you were looking for a rack, not a TV stand. The TV stand I have has 23" of depth in it. You would have to add the doors as an option. It doesn't look like the latest line has the same depth though. I really thought I had a good option for you.
-Speakers: Monitor Audio Silver RS8's, RSLCR, RSFX, Dual Epik Empires
-Powered by: Dual XPA-5's & MMC-1
-TV: Samsung 52" A750
-Sources: Pio Elite BDP-05fd, Toshiba HD-A30, XboX 360, DirecTV HD, HTPC, Music Hall MMF 5.1
-Extras: Music Hall 25.2 DAC, Goldpoint SA4, JoLida JD9, Harmony 1000, Panamax 5100 (x2), BFD Pro DSP1124P
-Cables: Blue Jeans, Audioquest, Monster, DIY Cat5, Belden, DNM
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #17570
LowCalG2 LowCalG2 is offline
Active Member
 
LowCalG2's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Midwest
4
491
Default

AND the XPA5 came today, this thing is a beast, seems like others have got it double boxed mine just came in single but no worries sure its alright. Wasn't expecting it until next week, talk about torture I won't be able to hook it up till next week cause I asked for the cables as a b-day gift......guess I can open it up and just dream..........
65" Panasonic S1 --- Oppo BDP-83
Onkyo TX-NR1007 --- PS3 80G --- Emo XPA5
Paradigm / Klipsh Speakers
Subs - ED A5-350 & BIC F12
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #17571
solarrdadd solarrdadd is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
solarrdadd's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Alexandria, VA
254
862
4
34
222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCalG2 View Post
AND the XPA5 came today, this thing is a beast, seems like others have got it double boxed mine just came in single but no worries sure its alright. Wasn't expecting it until next week, talk about torture I won't be able to hook it up till next week cause I asked for the cables as a b-day gift......guess I can open it up and just dream..........
i think that is the first time i've heard of anyone receiving an emotiva amp in a single box. i have 2 of their amps XPA-5 & UPA-2 and they both arrived double boxed!

glad it wasn't damaged or anything. was the box it arrived in undamaged?
55" Sony SXRD KDS-A552000 1080P
PS3 Slim & XBOX 360 Elite, Wii, iPhone5 64gb
iPad4 64gb, AppleTV-hdmi, NAS-1tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93 & 83 players
Onkyo PR-SC5507P Pre/Pro; TX-NR525 Harmony 1, SB-Touch, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3, QS4v3 M2v3, Front 3 Bi-Wired! Emotiva XPA-5, UPA-2, UPA-200, & mini-x Amps, XDA-1DAC, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub & Ultra Subs 12 Polk Audio SDA-2, Monitor 10 & Monitor 5Jr speakers
NY GIANTS!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 AM   #17572
LowCalG2 LowCalG2 is offline
Active Member
 
LowCalG2's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Midwest
4
491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
i think that is the first time i've heard of anyone receiving an emotiva amp in a single box. i have 2 of their amps XPA-5 & UPA-2 and they both arrived double boxed!

glad it wasn't damaged or anything. was the box it arrived in undamaged?
The wife said it was a huge box this morning and I told her it was because it was dbl boxed but when I got home you can see the amp through the hand hole it has two of the plastic strip ties on it and its ripped at the carrying handle but she said it happened when the Fed-EX guy carried it inside for her other than that the box is in good shape, MAN now I'm gonna be untill I get it hooked up.
65" Panasonic S1 --- Oppo BDP-83
Onkyo TX-NR1007 --- PS3 80G --- Emo XPA5
Paradigm / Klipsh Speakers
Subs - ED A5-350 & BIC F12
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #17573
Rustolem Rustolem is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2007
15
304
214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
i think that is the first time i've heard of anyone receiving an emotiva amp in a single box. i have 2 of their amps XPA-5 & UPA-2 and they both arrived double boxed!

glad it wasn't damaged or anything. was the box it arrived in undamaged?
I was gonna say the same thing I just got my XPA-5 and already had the 3, and both of them double boxed. Only damage was the hand holes on the side get torn but that's been all so far.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #17574
Rustolem Rustolem is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2007
15
304
214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCalG2 View Post
The wife said it was a huge box this morning and I told her it was because it was dbl boxed but when I got home you can see the amp through the hand hole it has two of the plastic strip ties on it and its ripped at the carrying handle but she said it happened when the Fed-EX guy carried it inside for her other than that the box is in good shape, MAN now I'm gonna be untill I get it hooked up.
If I were you I would call them and let them know about that, or take a picture if its still boxed up and email it to them, at least you will have it on record with them in case something might me wrong with the amp after you get it hooked up the first time. And so they can make sure that never happens again.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #17575
erict erict is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
erict's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
In the country
92
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCalG2 View Post
The wife said it was a huge box this morning and I told her it was because it was dbl boxed but when I got home you can see the amp through the hand hole it has two of the plastic strip ties on it and its ripped at the carrying handle but she said it happened when the Fed-EX guy carried it inside for her other than that the box is in good shape, MAN now I'm gonna be untill I get it hooked up.
I would guarantee its double boxed. I thought the same thing when I received my XPA-3. The handle holes are lined up in the same position on both boxes and looks like one box because you can see right through to the amp.
Equipment......Tube tv and Bose speakers.....gotta love it
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #17576
Rustolem Rustolem is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2007
15
304
214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
i would guarantee its double boxed. I thought the same thing when i received my xpa-3. The handle holes are lined up in the same position on both boxes and looks like one box because you can see right through to the amp.
+1
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #17577
LowCalG2 LowCalG2 is offline
Active Member
 
LowCalG2's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Midwest
4
491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
I would guarantee its double boxed. I thought the same thing when I received my XPA-3. The handle holes are lined up in the same position on both boxes and looks like one box because you can see right through to the amp.
You are right!!! after I cut the straps and opened it I see the second box and the handles were lined up just like you said. Guess what I had in my head as dbl boxed wasn't so.......Now I just gotta wait for those cables
65" Panasonic S1 --- Oppo BDP-83
Onkyo TX-NR1007 --- PS3 80G --- Emo XPA5
Paradigm / Klipsh Speakers
Subs - ED A5-350 & BIC F12
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #17578
Rustolem Rustolem is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2007
15
304
214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCalG2 View Post
You are right!!! after I cut the straps and opened it I see the second box and the handles were lined up just like you said. Guess what I had in my head as dbl boxed wasn't so.......Now I just gotta wait for those cables
you don't have 3 old rca cables somewhere, so that you could at least hook up L/C/R till you get your ordered cables?? That would drive me crazy.

Last edited by Rustolem; 12-10-2012 at 12:13 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #17579
Nielsb90 Nielsb90 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Nielsb90's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Denmark
38
476
13
2
6
Default

I'm in the mood to buy a new sub.. Or speaker.. Or receiver.. Or TV.. Anything really! Even though I need absolutely nothing. That moment when it finally arrives and you get to unpack it and hook it up is priceless. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Aaaah it feels good to be such a prime example of the capitalist consumer sheep.
"Now everybody's equal, just don't measure it!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #17580
jlafrenz jlafrenz is offline
Special Member
 
jlafrenz's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Columbia, MO
48
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsb90 View Post
I'm in the mood to buy a new sub.. Or speaker.. Or receiver.. Or TV.. Anything really! Even though I need absolutely nothing. That moment when it finally arrives and you get to unpack it and hook it up is priceless. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Aaaah it feels good to be such a prime example of the capitalist consumer sheep.
I have that feeling sometimes. The other feeling that I get is that I am torn between 2 different products and can't make up my mind so I end up buying both.
-Speakers: Monitor Audio Silver RS8's, RSLCR, RSFX, Dual Epik Empires
-Powered by: Dual XPA-5's & MMC-1
-TV: Samsung 52" A750
-Sources: Pio Elite BDP-05fd, Toshiba HD-A30, XboX 360, DirecTV HD, HTPC, Music Hall MMF 5.1
-Extras: Music Hall 25.2 DAC, Goldpoint SA4, JoLida JD9, Harmony 1000, Panamax 5100 (x2), BFD Pro DSP1124P
-Cables: Blue Jeans, Audioquest, Monster, DIY Cat5, Belden, DNM
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Official B&W Speakers Thread Speakers allstar780 1945 10-29-2014 05:05 AM
The Official Emotiva Audio Speakers Thread Speakers tootall82103 5 05-06-2013 05:28 PM
OFFICIAL: MADONNA: Sticky & Sweet BD Thread Blu-ray Movies - North America CCTM2000 37 06-21-2010 07:09 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:25 PM.