Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, From $3.99 »
Soon: Horrible Bosses (Totally Inapp… ()
Soon: Red 2 ()
Soon: The Smurfs ()
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$7.99
1 hr ago
The LEGO Movie (Blu-ray)
$8.99
53 min ago
The King's Speech (Blu-ray)
$3.99
1 hr ago
Killing Them Softly (Blu-ray)
$3.99
13 hrs ago
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$6.00

Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$3.99
5 hrs ago
Casablanca (Blu-ray)
$5.99
4 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
19 hrs ago
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Blu-ray)
$4.99
16 hrs ago
Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Mirror Mirror (Blu-ray)
$4.99
1 hr ago
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$9.00

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
19 hrs ago
The Sandlot (Blu-ray)
$4.99
6 hrs ago
Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #17561

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali157 View Post
That is a nice cabinet. I have been looking for some cabinets that can fit Emotiva amps, especially concerning the depth of around 22 inches with connections. Did you have to pop the back open to fit the amp?

Anyone have any other ideas of deep equipment shelves to fit Emotiva amps? I am looking for ones with doors and are enclosed... and hopefully don't cost too much (under $1K).
What's up Kali, try some of http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/ I have a handmade stand just for my DLP, which is just a box for it to sit on but need a rack for my stuff and bought one of their products and love it..
Old 12-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #17562
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008
Columbus, Ohio

Quote:
That is a nice cabinet. I have been looking for some cabinets that can fit Emotiva amps, especially concerning the depth of around 22 inches with connections. Did you have to pop the back open to fit the amp?

Anyone have any other ideas of deep equipment shelves to fit Emotiva amps? I am looking for ones with doors and are enclosed... and hopefully don't cost too much (under $1K).
One of the cabinets I'm using in my living room system would work.
Has a door, is enclosed, is under $1K & is deep enough( 22" ) for an Emo amp with connections.
http://www.can-am.ca/docs/Can-Am-FD-CAB20D.pdf

One FD-CAB20D with accessories( TOP38, WHEELS, & a couple of shelves[ ASHELF or PUSHE ] ), would be under $1000.
http://www.can-am.ca/price-sheet.htm
LIVING ROOM: Panasonic TC-P65V10, SONY BDP-S5000ES, SONY STR-DA5300ES, Emotiva XPA-5, Def Tech(BP2006 x 2, C/L/R2300, BP2X x 2, BP1.2X x 2)
BEDROOM: SONY KDL-52XBR5, OPPO BDP-103, Pioneer Elite SC-63, Energy(RC-LCR x 3), Paradigm(ADP-190 x 2), SVS PC12-PLUS

"What is dead may never die..."
Old 12-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #17563
Special Member

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPPO View Post
One of the cabinets I'm using in my living room system would work.
Has a door, is enclosed, is under $1K & is deep enough( 22" ) for an Emo amp with connections.
http://www.can-am.ca/docs/Can-Am-FD-CAB20D.pdf

One FD-CAB20D with accessories( TOP38, WHEELS, & a couple of shelves[ ASHELF or PUSHE ] ), would be under $1000.
http://www.can-am.ca/price-sheet.htm
Thanks Zippo, those look really good. It would be a great option. The only issue for my use is I want wooden furniture (should have specified). It is amazing how very few options there are for 22+ inch depth enclosed cabinets/stands.

For those interested, I did find some that are 22 inches deep from Techcraft, specifically models TCL5028, TCL6228, ABS60, XLN48, and XLN62.

Any other places people have sourced deep cabinets that fit Emotiva amps?
Old 12-07-2012, 03:01 AM   #17564
Special Member

Feb 2010
Columbia, MO

Quote:
Thanks Zippo, those look really good. It would be a great option. The only issue for my use is I want wooden furniture (should have specified). It is amazing how very few options there are for 22+ inch depth enclosed cabinets/stands.

For those interested, I did find some that are 22 inches deep from Techcraft, specifically models TCL5028, TCL6228, ABS60, XLN48, and XLN62.

I posted a link for you on the last page.
-Speakers: Monitor Audio Silver RS8's, RSLCR, RSFX, Dual Epik Empires
-Powered by: Dual XPA-5's & MMC-1
-TV: Samsung 52" A750
-Sources: Pio Elite BDP-05fd, Toshiba HD-A30, XboX 360, DirecTV HD, HTPC, Music Hall MMF 5.1
-Extras: Music Hall 25.2 DAC, Goldpoint SA4, JoLida JD9, Harmony 1000, Panamax 5100 (x2), BFD Pro DSP1124P
-Cables: Blue Jeans, Audioquest, Monster, DIY Cat5, Belden, DNM
Old 12-07-2012, 03:31 AM   #17565
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008
Columbus, Ohio

Quote:
It is amazing how very few options there are for 22+ inch depth enclosed cabinets/stands.

Those Techcraft models all have overall depth of 22", actual useable inside/internal depth is probably only 19". With the XPA amps being 19" deep, you would have to remove the back panel, to accommodate connectors & cables.

Some retail solutions that have an internal depth at least 22" or greater are:

http://www.standoutdesigns.com/ ( back extender kit available )
http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/chameleon/#/home ( extended rear panel available )
http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/syn/index.jsp ( extended rear panel available )
http://www.diamondcase.com/Cabinet_H..._Consoles.HTML
http://www.middleatlantic.com/enclos...denza-rack.htm

All the above are over $1K.

Kali, your best bet may be to have a cabinet custom made or DIY.
LIVING ROOM: Panasonic TC-P65V10, SONY BDP-S5000ES, SONY STR-DA5300ES, Emotiva XPA-5, Def Tech(BP2006 x 2, C/L/R2300, BP2X x 2, BP1.2X x 2)
BEDROOM: SONY KDL-52XBR5, OPPO BDP-103, Pioneer Elite SC-63, Energy(RC-LCR x 3), Paradigm(ADP-190 x 2), SVS PC12-PLUS

"What is dead may never die..."
Old 12-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #17566

Feb 2007

I think I just ruptured my spine and gave birth at the same time while getting my new XPA-5 out of the box!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #17567

Jan 2012
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustolem View Post
I think I just ruptured my spine and gave birth at the same time while getting my new XPA-5 out of the box!!!
Yeah its a bit of a beast at 73lbs , just think about lifting the XPR-5 that thing is 94lbs
|| AVR - Onkyo TX-NR1009 || Amps - Emotiva XPA-2 / Emotiva IPS-1 (7 Channel) || TV - Misubishi WD60737 || BD Player - Sony BDP-S790 || CD Player - Denon DCM-290 || Gaming - Modified PS3 Fat / Modified Wii / PS4 || Main L&R - Polk Audio LSi9 || Center - PolkAudio LSiC || Surround - Polk Audio Monitor OWM3 || Subwoofer - Polk Audio PSW505 || Harmony Ultimate Remote ||
Old 12-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #17568
Special Member

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlafrenz View Post
I posted a link for you on the last page.
Didn't see that. Thanks for the post. But I couldn't find an enclosed rack on the site that was at least 22 inches deep. Did I miss it?

I think I mentioned it already, but I should also specify that I was looking for racks w/ doors. The reason my amps and non essential HT equipment are in the garage right now is b/c of light and noise. W/ Emotiva, the LEDs are quite bright as every owner knows. But the possible new space does not have this option w/out running extremely long wires. Now I do like the look of racks w/ glass panes, so I will probably heavily tint the glass. If Emotiva's LEDs are still obtrusive, then I may mod the amps as well (tint the inside of the logo).

Yeah, I am being a pain in the a$$, but I just have particular taste on how I want my room to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPPO View Post
Those Techcraft models all have overall depth of 22", actual useable inside/internal depth is probably only 19". With the XPA amps being 19" deep, you would have to remove the back panel, to accommodate connectors & cables.

Some retail solutions that have an internal depth at least 22" or greater are:

http://www.standoutdesigns.com/ ( back extender kit available )
http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/chameleon/#/home ( extended rear panel available )
http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/syn/index.jsp ( extended rear panel available )
http://www.diamondcase.com/Cabinet_H..._Consoles.HTML
http://www.middleatlantic.com/enclos...denza-rack.htm

All the above are over $1K.

Kali, your best bet may be to have a cabinet custom made or DIY.

Thanks for the links. Yeah, if I go down the road of +$1K racks, I would rather have someone make it to the exact specs I want. My DIY work isn't up to par for a furniture in the room, though I did build my current rack for the amp.

As for Techcraft, I called them and they said that the usable depth is actually more like 20.5 inches. I think can mod the back for the extra 1.5 inches or so.

Just to clarify why I am being so picky about the depth, I am planning to have this rack on the left side of the new HT space instead of being up front with the center channel. The door is also on the same side so when you walk in, the rack is on the left... and you can see any large gaps behind the cabinet and any wires.

So in the end, I am looking for an enclosed, wooden cabinets with glass doors with a depth of more than 22 inches. All for hopefully under $1K (under $600 would even be better).

Last edited by Kali157; 12-07-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #17569
Special Member

Feb 2010
Columbia, MO

Quote:
Didn't see that. Thanks for the post. But I couldn't find an enclosed rack on the site that was at least 22 inches deep. Did I miss it?

I think I mentioned it already, but I should also specify that I was looking for racks w/ doors. The reason my amps and non essential HT equipment are in the garage right now is b/c of light and noise. W/ Emotiva, the LEDs are quite bright as every owner knows. But the possible new space does not have this option w/out running extremely long wires. Now I do like the look of racks w/ glass panes, so I will probably heavily tint the glass. If Emotiva's LEDs are still obtrusive, then I may mod the amps as well (tint the inside of the logo).

Yeah, I am being a pain in the a$$, but I just have particular taste on how I want my room to look.

Thanks for the links. Yeah, if I go down the road of +$1K racks, I would rather have someone make it to the exact specs I want. My DIY work isn't up to par for a furniture in the room, though I did build my current rack for the amp.

As for Techcraft, I called them and they said that the usable depth is actually more like 20.5 inches. I think can mod the back for the extra 1.5 inches or so.

Just to clarify why I am being so picky about the depth, I am planning to have this rack on the left side of the new HT space instead of being up front with the center channel. The door is also on the same side so when you walk in, the rack is on the left... and you can see any large gaps behind the cabinet and any wires.

So in the end, I am looking for an enclosed, wooden cabinets with glass doors with a depth of more than 22 inches. All for hopefully under $1K (under $600 would even be better).

I didn't realize that you were looking for a rack, not a TV stand. The TV stand I have has 23" of depth in it. You would have to add the doors as an option. It doesn't look like the latest line has the same depth though. I really thought I had a good option for you.
-Speakers: Monitor Audio Silver RS8's, RSLCR, RSFX, Dual Epik Empires