Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
War for the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$16.99

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.51

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 3D (Blu-ray)
$23.54

Independence Day: Resurgence 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.95

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens 3D (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Thunder and the House of Magic (Blu-ray)
$8.46

Storks 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

National Parks Adventure 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.89
4 hrs ago
Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.98

Fascination Coral Reef 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.69

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #221
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007

I loved Brave even though its not quite as good as top tier Pixar flicks such as Toy story films and Nemo but its pretty damn close and a damn fine film one of the better animated films to be released this year but as far as the 3D goes opinions seem divide some like it some dont. Is the 3D better at home than in theaters as I thought the 3D was decent but nothing special I feel I lost nothing watching the film in 2D at home. I have yet to watch the 3D disc just trying to get an idea of what to expect
Old 12-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #222
Expert Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoogeFan1118 View Post
I loved Brave even though its not quite as good as top tier Pixar flicks such as Toy story films and Nemo but its pretty damn close and a damn fine film one of the better animated films to be released this year but as far as the 3D goes opinions seem divide some like it some dont. Is the 3D better at home than in theaters as I thought the 3D was decent but nothing special I feel I lost nothing watching the film in 2D at home. I have yet to watch the 3D disc just trying to get an idea of what to expect
I watched parts of Brave again in 2D yesterday and felt the true Pixar animation magic that was lost in 3D. This is very interesting experience as it seems to me that to enjoy Pixar movies 2D is a better medium!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #223
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2011
The Citadel

I really want to pick this up but here in the UK it is so expensive. It's around the 25 mark which is pretty high. I haven't seen the movie at all, but quite like the look of it. This would be a purchase led by the 3D though so that is what swings it for me, i'm just hoping it dips in price soon, but that is rare for Disney/ Pixar releases
"Still in all, every night we does the tell, so that we 'member who we was and where we came from... but most of all we 'members the man that finded us, him that came the salvage. And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of them that are still out there. 'Cause we knows there come a night, when they sees the distant light, and they'll be comin' home."
Old 12-11-2012, 03:17 AM   #224

Oct 2009
Default Pixar "Brave" Disc Menu Music

My wife and I just watched "Brave" on Blu-ray and with our plasma TV we thought it looked much better than the theater we saw it in!

Onto my question. The music during the disc menu, we really enjoy it. I can't find it on the soundtrack. Where is it? And the theme is very nice, are there other songs with this same Brave theme to it.

Thanks,

-dave

Last edited by drvasek; 12-12-2012 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Posted YouTube link.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #225
Banned

Mar 2009
30 Years From Now

Just bought this and haven't watched it yet.hoes the 3D titles.This is a blind buy .
Old 01-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #226

Nov 2007
Texas
Default Audio cuts off

Movie plays fine up to about 1 hour and 14 minutes into the movie and the sound cuts off for about a second. I played the movie twice and it does it in the exact same spot. Only happens to the blu ray, don't really have plans on playing the DVD. Anyone else having this issue?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #227
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio5oh View Post
Movie plays fine up to about 1 hour and 14 minutes into the movie and the sound cuts off for about a second. I played the movie twice and it does it in the exact same spot. Only happens to the blu ray, don't really have plans on playing the DVD. Anyone else having this issue?
I have heard that one before. Is that on the 2D version? I have to check it out. I did check the 2D disc on my PS3 (Dolby TruHD 7.1 config). I played from 1:13:40 to 1:15:05 and didn't notice any sound problems. Maybe it's your player?

Last edited by Lnds500; 01-06-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:31 AM   #228
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Covington, KY PSN/NNID:varmintx

Watched the 3D version today. The sound cuts out for a second at 0:01:15 and one other time about 15 to 20 minutes later. I put in the 2D version and watched it up to that point, but there was no drop out.
to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed
Old 01-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #229
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
India

Just ordered this. A blind buy and my first Pixar movie .
JVC DLA-x550 Projector | 140 Inch Matte White Screen | Polk 7.1.2 Atmos System: TSi 300, CS20, DSW500 sub, OWM5 rear heights| Marantz sr6011 receiver
OPPO UDP-203 | Sennheiser RS 175 Wireless Headphones
LG 55inch Passive 3D TV | Sony HTiB 5.1 | Apple TV 3 | Apple Airport Express |
Philips Hue mood lighting
Old 01-31-2013, 06:59 PM   #230
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Covington, KY PSN/NNID:varmintx

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintx View Post
Watched the 3D version today. The sound cuts out for a second at 0:01:15 and one other time about 15 to 20 minutes later. I put in the 2D version and watched it up to that point, but there was no drop out.
To update: I got another copy of the movie from a friend today and it skips at the exact same time when playing the TrueHD 7.1 track. It doesn't skip when playing the DD 2.0 track.
to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it those who ignore the past are doomed
Old 11-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #231

Oct 2013

Jude72, this movie was crafted in native 3D with 3D viewing in mind. your child should not have taken the glasses off, CGI viewing with the glasses off results in motion blur and other side effects.

i am sorry the bear scared your child, the 3D blu is out now, it is a 5 disc pack as follows:
Blu-Ray 2D+Bonus features part 1
Blu-Ray Bonus disc (part 2)
Dvd+Bonus features (Part 3)
Disney File Digital Copy (to take wherever you go)
Blu-Ray 3D (Film in 3D and Legend of Mordu in 3D as well, locked to 3D tv's, if you are hooked up to a 2D TV you will be greeted with a message and you'll have to use the 2D or DVD discs. if you are hooked up fully you can view it as such. but since again we have the scary bear scene you do not have the option of switching disc 5 (Blu-Ray 3D) into 2D mode as disney specifically disables the 2D playback software, you will be forced to use the Blu-Ray 2D disc or the DVD).

in short disney locks their 3D films to 3D TV's made to be viewed in 3D and that's it. you do not have the option to view it in 2D mode. i would advise you tell your child the 3D disc is locked to 3D, you do not have the option to view it in 2D and you have no other choice.

the rule here with that is that only happens if the 2 versions are a 3D/2D combo disc which disney doesn't do. everybody else does like Sony Pictures Animation.

here is how this type works:
1. on startup you will be given a prompt to choose a version
2. sometimes this is in the discs menu to pick 3D or 2D
3. other times this is indicated by pictures
4. with this type the film is very often 3D only no bonus features, no extras, thats it. go to the 2D side for the film glasses off with special features.
5. if hooked up to a 2D TV the 2D version is picked for you
6. if hooked up completely you get a choice and the menu displays as such.

hope your childs viewing experience in Disney Blu-Ray 3D goes better this time.

if you want another disc we will put in the 2D disc. since the bear was viewed with the glasses on, scary objects like the bear (CGI, tell her the bear is not real, 3D CGI makes it convincing enough that it is) are computer programmed. tell her it is not real, it is Computer Generated by professional CGI animators in Emeryville, California.

Last edited by Blucollect; 11-26-2013 at 03:30 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies