COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Cold in July (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Monsieur Verdoux (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Jules and Jim (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Foreign Correspondent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Insomnia (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Earth to Echo (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers (Blu-ray)
$20.69
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
Being John Malkovich (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seattle Seahawks: Road to XLVIII (Blu-ray)
$17.29

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 11-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #201
Power Member

Jul 2007

Glad Walt Disney Pictures & Pixar Animation Studios included the Pixar Short Film "LA LUNA" in its original theatrical 3D form on the "Brave 3D" Combo set!

Believe "LA LUNA" is only presented in 2D on the Pixar Short Films Collection: Vol. 2 Blu-ray?

Paul
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

Last edited by Paul H; 11-18-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Added links
Old 11-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #202

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnds500 View Post
Brave 3D has dropped to $24,99 on amazon. slightly annoyed...
Hope it stays (or lowers) until the 26th so I can pricemath BB. I was trying to get them to pricematch Walmart (I heard people were getting it for $25 there last week) but a call to the story didn't do anything.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #203
Special Member

Mar 2007
Minnesota

I'm annoyed too. With the $8 coupon I paid $19.99 which would have been fine, but now with that I would have saved another $2 (and yes, $2 makes a difference. That's a gallon of milk at Costco).

Debating if I should email Amazon, but I always get people in a foreign country who don't know what I'm talking about
My (Modest) Home Theater:
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...mber=obriensg1

"Something good. Something bad. A bit of both!"
Guardians of the Galaxy in IMAX 3D- August 1st
Old 11-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #204

Jan 2012

Would it be possible to ask Amazon for a price adjustment if I ordered it with the $8 coupon?
Old 11-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #205
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by vujacicfan View Post
Would it be possible to ask Amazon for a price adjustment if I ordered it with the $8 coupon?
I didn't plan to, but after thinking it over, I contacted them. I didn't want a refund or anything, I just wanted to tell them that lowering the price less that a week after release is a bit annoying, especially as I paid $40,55 for Brave 3D alone (import fees be damned ). They said they would forward my comments to the appropriate department, I said that was all I wanted aaaand... end of story.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:32 AM   #206

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnds500 View Post
Brave 3D has dropped to $24,99 on amazon. slightly annoyed...
I am annoyed too, but there is nothing we can do.
the pre-order price protection can not be used if it passed the release day.
to be honest I hope to not to be true.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #207
Power Member

Mar 2010

I was REALLY disappointed in this, in fact I'd go as far as to say IMHO it is the worst Pixar film so far. I know the Cars were dung, but at least they weren't pretending to be something 'profound', they were just dumb fun that failed miserably.

The 3D also added very little to the film I thought.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #208

Dec 2008

How much do you recommend the 3D edition of Brave? I have the 2D BD, is it worth the double-dip? Or should I save it for some other movie? Thanks.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #209
Power Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by femogan View Post
How much do you recommend the 3D edition of Brave? I have the 2D BD, is it worth the double-dip? Or should I save it for some other movie? Thanks.
IMO, It would depend how much you enjoyed the story. The 3D in Brave is an added attraction that for those that have a penchant for it will find pleasure in the illusion that is presented by the talented artists that created it.
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

Last edited by Paul H; 11-28-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: gramatical deletion of a coma.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #210

Oct 2011
St. Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible View Post
I was REALLY disappointed in this, in fact I'd go as far as to say IMHO it is the worst Pixar film so far. I know the Cars were dung, but at least they weren't pretending to be something 'profound', they were just dumb fun that failed miserably.

The 3D also added very little to the film I thought.
I couldn't agree more, I had some family over and we were all bored by this movie.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #211
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008

Great blind buy! Great story that was very Pixar worthy. PQ was fantastic. AQ was right up there with Pixars best IMO. Looking forward to checking out the 3d next watch!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #212

Apr 2011

Bought the 3D as a blindbuy commitment title for my DMC account...I totally love it! I personally like that Disney/Pixar are getting into the more interesting storylines/angles...like in Tangled
[Show spoiler]Gothel is emotionally/mentally abusive toward Rapunzel (and also a would be murderer at the end)
and in Brave
[Show spoiler]Merida actually kind of became her own worst enemy since she didn't think her actions/phrasing completely through and is the reason that everything could have gone very badly permanently.

Also I think that I was hearing on the blu ray forum, that in the Art of Brave book
[Show spoiler]that they actually revealed that initially they were going to have the biggest suitor(I honestly kind of think of him as looking like a gentle giant) end up with Merida! Both times that I had watched the movie through (before I read the book info) I had thought that he would have been the best choice for Merida out of the three suitors. Other then him stinking at archery and not being understood Merida didn't even seem to say anything against him(except the archery thing)...whereas she had plenty to say about the others...I would too. Since one seemed tempermental and narcissistic and the other one looked quite insane when he was attacking others...neither of which would have been healthy for her(or the kingdom...because I highly DOUBT that one -or all- of the triplets would have been allowed to rule).

Anyway sorry about the gushing/ranting of my sleep deprived mind at sometime past midnight here...

btw, for those of you who are going to do the Kelloggs rebate before(or through?) Dec3rd Kelloggs rewards program has it where you can "buy" with their Kelloggs points $1.50 off of 1 Kelloggs cereal coupons...it's 100 points for 1 coupon, but I've seen multiple free codes online (check out totallytarget dot com and search for Kelloggs to get the list of free codes) so I was able to get a couple of the coupons for free technically. And Target will have select cereals on sale this week for $2.50 each...so you could get 2 cereals for the rebate for as low as $2 in total.
Just thought that you guys might like to know.

Last edited by Fringescience; 12-02-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #213
Expert Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
I've not watched How To Train Your Dragon for a while. Going to have to put that in again soon. But I'd have to say Brave isn't as strong. Brave's 3D isn't bad, but it's closer to average I'd say.

To be honest I almost regret buying Brave. It's a decent movie, but I'm still not overly thrilled with it. I just wish there was more of an adventure to it. For some reason it just feels like it should be an adventure story, but it isn't. Visually it is nice though.
Watched it yesterday. It was very enjoyable movie. But no comparison to HTTYD which has a lot better story and 3D. Brave 3D is as good as Pixer gets but miles behind Dreamworks 3D. There are many horse riding scenes through large vistas that were awesome but thats about it.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #214
Expert Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
From the Brave 3D (PIXAR | Five-Disc Ultimate Collector's Edition) Review.

Bring it on!

Reviewer Kenneth Brown has given Five Stars out of five for the films 3D experience.

Paul
I like his verbose reviews that come out very articulate and thoughtful but his 3D reviews are far from my experience. When he raved about 3D in spykids, I had nausea inducing experience from that crap 3D conversion and when he says Brave is best 3D, I have to laugh. Its very good for Pixar but doesn't even come close to Tangled from Disney, forget any comparison to dreamworks.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #215
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007

I loved Brave even though its not quite as good as top tier Pixar flicks such as Toy story films and Nemo but its pretty damn close and a damn fine film one of the better animated films to be released this year but as far as the 3D goes opinions seem divide some like it some dont. Is the 3D better at home than in theaters as I thought the 3D was decent but nothing special I feel I lost nothing watching the film in 2D at home. I have yet to watch the 3D disc just trying to get an idea of what to expect
Old 12-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #216
Expert Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoogeFan1118 View Post
I loved Brave even though its not quite as good as top tier Pixar flicks such as Toy story films and Nemo but its pretty damn close and a damn fine film one of the better animated films to be released this year but as far as the 3D goes opinions seem divide some like it some dont. Is the 3D better at home than in theaters as I thought the 3D was decent but nothing special I feel I lost nothing watching the film in 2D at home. I have yet to watch the 3D disc just trying to get an idea of what to expect
I watched parts of Brave again in 2D yesterday and felt the true Pixar animation magic that was lost in 3D. This is very interesting experience as it seems to me that to enjoy Pixar movies 2D is a better medium!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #217
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

I really want to pick this up but here in the UK it is so expensive. It's around the 25 mark which is pretty high. I haven't seen the movie at all, but quite like the look of it. This would be a purchase led by the 3D though so that is what swings it for me, i'm just hoping it dips in price soon, but that is rare for Disney/ Pixar releases
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:17 AM   #218

Oct 2009
Default Pixar "Brave" Disc Menu Music

My wife and I just watched "Brave" on Blu-ray and with our plasma TV we thought it looked much better than the theater we saw it in!

Onto my question. The music during the disc menu, we really enjoy it. I can't find it on the soundtrack. Where is it? And the theme is very nice, are there other songs with this same Brave theme to it.

Thanks,

-dave

Last edited by drvasek; 12-12-2012 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Posted YouTube link.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #219
Banned

Mar 2009
30 Years From Now

Just bought this and haven't watched it yet.hoes the 3D titles.This is a blind buy .
Old 01-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #220

Nov 2007
Texas
Default Audio cuts off

Movie plays fine up to about 1 hour and 14 minutes into the movie and the sound cuts off for about a second. I played the movie twice and it does it in the exact same spot. Only happens to the blu ray, don't really have plans on playing the DVD. Anyone else having this issue?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies