Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Disney Infinity 2.0 - Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$39.99
 
WWE 2K15 (PS3)
$39.00
 
The Voice: I Want You (PS3)
$24.99
 
Destiny (PS3)
$39.99
 
Rocksmith 2014 Edition (PS3)
$39.99
 
Assassin's Creed Rogue (PS3)
$39.00
 
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
$24.99
 
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution (PS3)
$29.99
 
Bioshock Infinite (PS3)
$24.99
 
Borderlands 2 (PS3)
$19.99
 
Dragon Age Inquisition - Standard Edition (PS3)
$39.99
 
Dragonball Z: Battle of Z (PS3)
$26.99
6 hrs ago
Dark Souls II (PS3)
$19.99
 
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #481
RSuarez RSuarez is offline
Special Member
 
RSuarez's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
MX / TX
22
540
Send a message via MSN to RSuarez
Default

The fat will recognize it as well, I swapped the hard drive on mine about three months ago and the 1TB HD has been working flawlessly... downloads and hard drive space are no longer a concern

Mine was the Fat from the MGS4 bundle, I removed the 80 gig HD and have now a 1TB drive...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #482
Omegaice Omegaice is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Omegaice's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
San Diego, Ca.
290
6
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSuarez View Post
The fat will recognize it as well, I swapped the hard drive on mine about three months ago and the 1TB HD has been working flawlessly... downloads and hard drive space are no longer a concern

Mine was the Fat from the MGS4 bundle, I removed the 80 gig HD and have now a 1TB drive...
I thought it would too but was unsure. Are you using the Samsung 1TB?
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
________________________________
Sony XBR-65HX929 65" 1080p/240Hz/3D
Integra DHC-80.3 9.2 channel & Emotiva XPA-5
Oppo BDP-93 FW BDP9x-74-0908
Launch Day PS4 1TB FW 2.03
Polk Monitor 50's Mains, CSI A4 Center, RTI A1s & 2 SVS Subs / PSN ID: Omegaice
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #483
RSuarez RSuarez is offline
Special Member
 
RSuarez's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
MX / TX
22
540
Send a message via MSN to RSuarez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaice View Post
I thought it would too but was unsure. Are you using the Samsung 1TB?
I got a Seagate from Amazon, decided on Seagate as it had good reviews and the HD I removed from my fatty was a Seagate as well...

this is the one:

Seagate Momentus 1TB 5400RPM SATA 3Gb/s 8 MB Cache 2.5-Inch Internal Notebook Hard Drive STBD1000100 - Bare Drive
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #484
awongus awongus is offline
Expert Member
 
awongus's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
529
240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
'Zat because you like big butts?
I 'em.

And thx for the HDD info guys. Always learn something new here. 1 TB here I come...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #485
Omegaice Omegaice is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Omegaice's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
San Diego, Ca.
290
6
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSuarez View Post
I got a Seagate from Amazon, decided on Seagate as it had good reviews and the HD I removed from my fatty was a Seagate as well...

this is the one:

Seagate Momentus 1TB 5400RPM SATA 3Gb/s 8 MB Cache 2.5-Inch Internal Notebook Hard Drive STBD1000100 - Bare Drive
That is a good one too. The Samsung has been great for me.

Samsung SpinPoint SATA 5400rpm 8 MB Cache 1 TB 2.5-Inch Hard Drive (M8 HN-M101MBB)
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
________________________________
Sony XBR-65HX929 65" 1080p/240Hz/3D
Integra DHC-80.3 9.2 channel & Emotiva XPA-5
Oppo BDP-93 FW BDP9x-74-0908
Launch Day PS4 1TB FW 2.03
Polk Monitor 50's Mains, CSI A4 Center, RTI A1s & 2 SVS Subs / PSN ID: Omegaice
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #486
Uxi Uxi is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Uxi's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
626, So Cal
177
9
Default

Backups with the 320GB I put in my CECHA01 took forever. I shudder to think of the time for a TB...
---
"No matter where you go, there you are."
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
320GB CECHA01- YLOD; 160GB Drake's (hax0r3d OtherOS toy); 120GB Slim with Move
PSN: Uxi Twitter: Uxixu
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #487
Omegaice Omegaice is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Omegaice's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
San Diego, Ca.
290
6
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
Backups with the 320GB I put in my CECHA01 took forever. I shudder to think of the time for a TB...
Meh. Time is infinite & overrated.
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
________________________________
Sony XBR-65HX929 65" 1080p/240Hz/3D
Integra DHC-80.3 9.2 channel & Emotiva XPA-5
Oppo BDP-93 FW BDP9x-74-0908
Launch Day PS4 1TB FW 2.03
Polk Monitor 50's Mains, CSI A4 Center, RTI A1s & 2 SVS Subs / PSN ID: Omegaice
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #488
RSuarez RSuarez is offline
Special Member
 
RSuarez's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
MX / TX
22
540
Send a message via MSN to RSuarez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
Backups with the 320GB I put in my CECHA01 took forever. I shudder to think of the time for a TB...
Oh I know... it took an hour and a half to back up 80gigs... I decided on getting the 1Tb more because the price difference between a 520G and 1TB drive wasn't that much, hopefully having 1TB available will not require any further backups in the future, but I guess you never know...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:56 PM   #489
Havok83 Havok83 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
147
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
Backups with the 320GB I put in my CECHA01 took forever. I shudder to think of the time for a TB...
Its also not good to leave your console on that long. I think it took about 4 hours or so with my 160gb. I dont think I'll ever attempt to backup my 500gb
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:07 AM   #490
jamclaur jamclaur is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
jamclaur's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
422
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
Backups with the 320GB I put in my CECHA01 took forever. I shudder to think of the time for a TB...
I have 750GB and it took about 7 days for it to back up and restore, with no breaks.
Like zombies?

Check out my web series coming this summer! facebook.com/TalesOfA5thGradeZombieSlayer
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:26 AM   #491
Bomberman Bomberman is offline
Member
 
Sep 2009
Pennsylvania
Default

I posted this in the other thread, but i purchased the infamous 2 slim bundle last week on black friday. Not going to lie, been having a few problems with it. From the disc drive clicking everytime I insert a disc, or clicking and making weird sounds every so often, the fan kicking into high gear and being able to hear it over the game or movie, or the fact that when I was playing Playstation all stars the game crashed forcing me to do a hard set. This console may be going back to target. I'm afraid this thing is going to crap out any second.
Playstation 3 320Gb
Playstation Vita WIFI
"Blu and proud of it"
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #492
Havok83 Havok83 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
147
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamclaur View Post
I have 750GB and it took about 7 days for it to back up and restore, with no breaks.
You actually let it run for 7 days straight? At that point, Id be worrying about my electricity bill and getting a YLOD. Do you have PS+? With that, I no longer see a need to backup my PS3
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #493
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
722
5
1
Default

If I was ever going to do a back up then all I would keep on my system would be game saves. Everyhing else would get deleted and I'd just download it once my new console was up and running. Quicker than waiting for everything to transfer.

I'm really not bothered about keeping mine on for long periods either way.

I'm still running a launch model 60gb and it's still my main BD player and gaming console, so whenever I stop playing a game it goes straight into use as a BD player. Never had an issue with it over the past 6 years.

I'd leave it on for days doing the GT5 24hour enduro races too.
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Expendables 3 SB|Sin City 2 SB|Lion King 3D SB|TMNT 3D SB|Evangelion 3.33|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE
PS4|PS3 Slim(1TB HDD)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #494
Havok83 Havok83 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
147
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
If I was ever going to do a back up then all I would keep on my system would be game saves. Everyhing else would get deleted and I'd just download it once my new console was up and running. Quicker than waiting for everything to transfer.

I'm really not bothered about keeping mine on for long periods either way.

I'm still running a launch model 60gb and it's still my main BD player and gaming console, so whenever I stop playing a game it goes straight into use as a BD player. Never had an issue with it over the past 6 years.

I'd leave it on for days doing the GT5 24hour enduro races too.
Im assuming you've never had a YLOD or live in a hot area. Getting one of those in Florida pretty much scared me straight for leaving my PS3 running for more than a coupleof hours
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #495
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
722
5
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Im assuming you've never had a YLOD or live in a hot area. Getting one of those in Florida pretty much scared me straight for leaving my PS3 running for more than a coupleof hours
Nope never had a YLOD. Live in South Wales so I guess it's around 10c average temp. Bit warmer inside when the heatings on.

I think the biggest factor in my consoles long life is probably just dumb good luck. It's got loads of room to breath since it's mounted on a wall and it's always been stood upright. Smoke and pet free home and it's cleaned regularly. Other than that all it's had is a 150gb HDD put in.
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Expendables 3 SB|Sin City 2 SB|Lion King 3D SB|TMNT 3D SB|Evangelion 3.33|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE
PS4|PS3 Slim(1TB HDD)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #496
Omegaice Omegaice is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Omegaice's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
San Diego, Ca.
290
6
USA

Not a bad little take for a only a weeks worth of sells.

Sony sells 525,000 PlayStation 3 units Thanksgiving week

Quote:
Sony sold 525,000 PlayStation 3 units during the crucial Thanksgiving week, the Japanese electronics giant said Friday.

That's fewer than the 750,000 Xbox 360s that Microsoft sold the week of Thanksgiving, but it beat Nintendo's Wii U and its Wii, which sold 400,000 and 300,000 units that week, respectively.

Sony said total sales of PlayStation hardware, games and peripherals were up 9% from Thanksgiving week 2011.

The company said it also sold 160,000 of its portable PS Vita devices, whose sales have been struggling.
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
________________________________
Sony XBR-65HX929 65" 1080p/240Hz/3D
Integra DHC-80.3 9.2 channel & Emotiva XPA-5
Oppo BDP-93 FW BDP9x-74-0908
Launch Day PS4 1TB FW 2.03
Polk Monitor 50's Mains, CSI A4 Center, RTI A1s & 2 SVS Subs / PSN ID: Omegaice
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #497
Steve Steve is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Steve's Avatar
 
May 2008
Jacksonville, FL
75
232
40
Default

I'm currently watching my first DVD on the new Ultra Slim. I'm really impressed with how well it's upscaling. IMO it's doing a noticeably better job than my old Gen 1 console. This console also runs MUCH quieter than my old one.
Steve

Last edited by Steve; 12-04-2012 at 11:43 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #498
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
722
5
1
Default

Well, it happened... My 60gb fatty died on me. 6 years solid service from her. Not once did she ever moan.

I opened her up, removed the BD drive and recovered my disc, Zodiac no less... I'm sure the irony isn't lost on you.

Now I have no choice but to buy a new PS3. Sad thing is I've got no way of recovering anything from my old HDD. Unless plugging it in to a SATA USB dock will work, and I can save what I need to my Computer.

Game saves were all backed up to the cloud thanks to PS+ and all my games I can just re download. So I guess I won't even need to recover anything from my old HDD. Would you guys agree?

All I had on it other than my game downloads and saves was a few MP3s and a couple HD movies.

So I'm just better off buying a new PS3 and just re downloading my games and saves right?
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Expendables 3 SB|Sin City 2 SB|Lion King 3D SB|TMNT 3D SB|Evangelion 3.33|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE
PS4|PS3 Slim(1TB HDD)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #499
Havok83 Havok83 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
147
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Well, it happened... My 60gb fatty died on me. 6 years solid service from her. Not once did she ever moan.

I opened her up, removed the BD drive and recovered my disc, Zodiac no less... I'm sure the irony isn't lost on you.

Now I have no choice but to buy a new PS3. Sad thing is I've got no way of recovering anything from my old HDD. Unless plugging it in to a SATA USB dock will work, and I can save what I need to my Computer.

Game saves were all backed up to the cloud thanks to PS+ and all my games I can just re download. So I guess I won't even need to recover anything from my old HDD. Would you guys agree?

All I had on it other than my game downloads and saves was a few MP3s and a couple HD movies.

So I'm just better off buying a new PS3 and just re downloading my games and saves right?
well frankly you dont have a choice unless you can successfully repair the system yourself or get a third party to. Considering you have all your saves uploaded via Plus, then you are good to go. Everything other than videos purchased via PSN can be redownloaded. Wow, its kinda ironic this happened to you after what you were saying the other day.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #500
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
722
5
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
well frankly you dont have a choice unless you can successfully repair the system yourself or get a third party to. Considering you have all your saves uploaded via Plus, then you are good to go. Everything other than videos purchased via PSN can be redownloaded. Wow, its kinda ironic this happened to you after what you were saying the other day.
I know right!

I'm not too bummed out by it. I was pissed that the force eject wouldn't work because it's a pain in the arse taking that damn thing apart, there's way too many screws

I got my disc back though so thats all I was really bothered about.

I just can't deactivate that console now, although I still have my second activation free. So it's not too important.

I guess the only thing thats a pain is that I will lose all my themes, and my US PSN account, since I can't remember my log in
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Expendables 3 SB|Sin City 2 SB|Lion King 3D SB|TMNT 3D SB|Evangelion 3.33|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE
PS4|PS3 Slim(1TB HDD)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:34 PM.