COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Destroy All Monsters (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Eternal Damn Nation (Blu-ray)
$15.25
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Cat People (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Erin Brockovich (Blu-ray)
$13.48
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Boardwalk Empire: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Players

Old 08-29-2011, 06:35 AM   #121

Aug 2011

So if I'm going to buy a new HDMI cable for the player just to go to the TV should I buy a 1.3a or 1.4 what should I get?
Old 08-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #122
Special Member

Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsetup View Post
So if I'm going to buy a new HDMI cable for the player just to go to the TV should I buy a 1.3a or 1.4 what should I get?
1.3a will work without any problems.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #123

Aug 2011

thanks
Old 11-15-2011, 02:09 AM   #124
Banned

Nov 2011

i'm thinking of grabbing the LG... but LG doesn't have dual HDMI...
Old 11-15-2011, 05:00 PM   #125
Ashley22Campbell

Default Hi

Panasonic has brought the Avatar 3D goodness to the entire new lineup of players and HTiB systems. In addition, they’re still keeping the deal open until March 26th for buyers of the BDT-100. Unfortunately, early adopters that picked up the BDT-300/350 models at $300+ a pop are still ineligible to redeem for the free disc.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2012, 04:39 AM   #126
Special Member

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

If you have the Zemeckis/Jim Carrey A Christmas Carol 3D BD, can you please confirm that the PIP/commentary track "Behind the Carol" is not a dedicated main Bonus Feature menu choice but rather is presented via a separate pop-up menu only upon pressing Play.

And if that's your experience/finding, please say what firmware version your 300 or 350 is on. I'm having an issue wherein this special feature/supplement is not presenting on either the 2D or 3D BDs. Despite the same behavior on my Sony BDP-S470 (which is on recent but not latest firmware), I want to look into whether the issue may be the Panasonic firmware I'm on (left at an old version purposefully). Thanks.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #127

Jan 2012

i think my 350 bit the dust today...wont read any blu-ray discs. it reads dvd's and cd's just fine, but blu-rays just load for 5 minutes and it says can not read disk.

what a bummer. just out of warranty. i hate modern electronics...last a year and burn out. Just like my last two LCD's
Old 12-04-2012, 03:37 AM   #128

Dec 2012

Just ordered a Panasonic DMPBDT300, should be here in a week. Looking forward to getting it hooked up to my VT25. Are most 300 owners pretty happy with them?

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #129
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdive View Post
Just ordered a Panasonic DMPBDT300, should be here in a week. Looking forward to getting it hooked up to my VT25. Are most 300 owners pretty happy with them?

Thanks!
Yeah I've had mine for 2 years and it's still running strong, though it's in my guest bedroom now so it doesn't get much use.
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avr/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (region free), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony 1100i remote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:59 AM   #130
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

Bought a bdt 310 on amazon. Will I knotice a difference from my ps3?
most wanted blus: the Legend of 1900, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Sheena Queen of the Jungle, Farinelli, Joe Dirt, the Conformist, the Last Castle, Charlies Angels: Full Throttle most wanted rereleases: Interview w/the Vampire Unrated Director's Cut w/lossless audio. Vizio 42" LCD passive 3D, Panasonic bdt310, PS3 slim 60 gb, Denon AVR 590, Polk Audio rm6750, Sennhieser hd 280 pro.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:06 AM   #131
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

just got the bdt 310. sweet player but i cant get the hd audio. i have it set to bitstream but my receiver is only playing dts and dd. hmmm frustrating. i dont know what to do and its drivin me nuts! i use to get hd audio? wtf!

edit: fixed problem number 1 - got hd audio by turning off bd video secondary audio.

another question. when setting 3d effects in the manual mode it gives a depth setting. so does -1 give more depth than +1? i cant quite tell yet.
most wanted blus: the Legend of 1900, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Sheena Queen of the Jungle, Farinelli, Joe Dirt, the Conformist, the Last Castle, Charlies Angels: Full Throttle most wanted rereleases: Interview w/the Vampire Unrated Director's Cut w/lossless audio. Vizio 42" LCD passive 3D, Panasonic bdt310, PS3 slim 60 gb, Denon AVR 590, Polk Audio rm6750, Sennhieser hd 280 pro.

Last edited by poke smot; 12-14-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #132

Jan 2013
Default BD350 firmware issue - V1.85

Hi. I recently downloaded and installed this level and my player now only plays DVD's and only about 1/3 of BD disks. I called their call centre - I'll just say "NOT a satisfactory response!!!". I'm waiting for a service call now. Luckily I have a BD80 as well and can see the BD disks the 3D player no longer plays.

If you haven't downloaded this level I suggest you don't - stay at v1.81 as it worked well and I had no problems. IF a manufacturer reads this - PLEASE have a way to back out versions that don't work instead of making us go through the mess I am experiencing...
Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #133

Jan 2013
Default I bet your are experiencing the same issue as me-do you have V1.85 firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick3501 View Post
i think my 350 bit the dust today...wont read any blu-ray discs. it reads dvd's and cd's just fine, but blu-rays just load for 5 minutes and it says can not read disk.

what a bummer. just out of warranty. i hate modern electronics...last a year and burn out. Just like my last two LCD's

If you installed V1.85, you have a firmware issue and the player is probably fine. See my log about my experiences...
Old 01-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #134
Special Member

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrgg View Post
Hi. I recently downloaded and installed this level and my player now only plays DVD's and only about 1/3 of BD disks. I called their call centre - I'll just say "NOT a satisfactory response!!!". I'm waiting for a service call now. Luckily I have a BD80 as well and can see the BD disks the 3D player no longer plays.

If you haven't downloaded this level I suggest you don't - stay at v1.81 as it worked well and I had no problems. IF a manufacturer reads this - PLEASE have a way to back out versions that don't work instead of making us go through the mess I am experiencing...
Welcome to the site . . . young padawan. Were you having a particular problem with the player that firmware release notes said the upgrade would remedy? If not, it's yet another example of an IMO good working premise: Do not automatically upgrade your firmware. Unless you're experiencing a problem, wait at least a few months and watch this and other discussion fora for any issues.

Unfortunately, if indeed the problem that has now arisen can be compellingly proven to be both broader (i.e., other guys experience the same thing) and reproducible, you/we will have to wait for a fix. If it can not, then you may be looking at having to send the player to Panasonic for them to revert the firmware.

If you can name six to ten BDs that were playing for you before but which aren't now that might be helpful. The more titles you can name that now don't play which did before, the more likelihood of finding some other similarly-situated owners.

P.S. - There is more traffic in the AVS Forum owners' thread for this player.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #135
Special Member

Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrgg View Post

I have both the BDT350 and BDT300 with the latest firmware. I have experienced no problems with the latest firmware. It doesn't happen often but sometimes a firmware update will mess up a device. Your best bet is to call Panasonic and find out if they can send you a firmware "fix" to correct the corrupted firmware. Of course their is always the possibility that the hardware in he device has a problem.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Players