Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Robots / Horton Hears a Who / Rio (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Madagascar: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.96
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Turbo (Blu-ray)
$15.79
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

View Poll Results: Who will win on December 8, 2012?
Pacquiao by Knockout/TKO 3 17.65%
Pacquiao by Decision 4 23.53%
Marquez by Knockout/TKO 6 35.29%
Marquez by Decision 4 23.53%
Draw 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #81
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Exactly 1 month away from the fight. It's do or die for Pacquiao... that's for sure.

Last edited by MaCruz; 11-08-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #82

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Those that don't have HBO can still catch 24/7 on CNN which will air replays each week starting on the 17th.

CNN Replays HBO Reality Series 24/7 Pacquiao/Marquez 4

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/20...uiaomarquez-4/

Quote:
HBO’s Emmy-Award®-winning reality series ‘24/7’ is returning to CNN, which will air replays of the all-new, all-access series 24/7 PACQUIAO/MARQUEZ 4, beginning Saturday, Nov. 17 at 1:00 a.m. ET/PT.

In the lead-up to the HBO Pay-Per-View® telecast on Dec. 8 in Las Vegas when Manny Pacquiao meets arch-rival Juan Manuel Marquez for the fourth time, CNN will present four consecutive weeks of 24/7 PACQUIAO/MARQUEZ 4. The series kicks off Saturday, Nov. 17 (1:00 a.m. ET/PT) with episode one, an all-new 30-minute documentary-style episode that focuses on the fighters’ first three bouts (2004, 2008 & 2011), which is the foundation of their rivalry.

New episodes of 24/7 PACQUIAO/MARQUEZ 4 will air on CNN on subsequent Saturdays – Nov. 24 (12 midnight ET/PT) and Dec. 1 (12 midnight ET/PT). The 24/7 finale will air on CNN on Friday, Dec. 7 (12 midnight ET/PT), less than 24 hours before the 147-pound welterweight match in Las Vegas.

33-year-old Manny Pacquiao (54-4-2, 38 KOs) is an international boxer making his seventh appearance on the 24/7 series. He is the lone congressional representative from the Sarangani province in the Philippines, who trains at the Wild Card Gym in Hollywood, CA. From Mexico, Juan Manuel Marquez (54-6-1, 39 KOs) is determined to break into the victory column in his fourth encounter with Pacquiao. This marks Marquez’s third appearance on 24/7.

In the past five years, HBO’s 24/7 franchise has earned 16 Sports Emmys® for production excellence. Narrated by Liev Schreiber, the fast-moving, documentary-styled production focuses on the training, commitment and sacrifices that prizefighters make in order to realize their dreams. The series follows the fighters and their teams both at camp and at home as excitement and anxiety builds for the big fight.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #83
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali
Send a message via Yahoo to CZAR

MaCruz u really hype for this fight arent u? Haha. I actually dont have much interest in this fight at all like most others. Its a waste of time and I wont order the PPV. My girl who is a huge Manny fan (she's filipino) doesnt even want to watch this fight lol. Got Em!!
"Quinton is IN....let the fun BEGIN" - Can't Buy Me Love
Old 11-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #84

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
MaCruz u really hype for this fight arent u? Haha. I actually dont have much interest in this fight at all like most others. Its a waste of time and I wont order the PPV. My girl who is a huge Manny fan (she's filipino) doesnt even want to watch this fight lol. Got Em!!
You got that right! You know that's my boy

Everyone knows it's do or die for Manny and this could very well be his last real prize fight if he doesn't win, or win convincingly. Some of my relatives are pretty iffy about this fight, but who knows what's going to happen which keeps things interesting. We always have big family/friend get together when he fights so it will be a fun.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #85
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
You got that right! You know that's my boy

Everyone knows it's do or die for Manny and this could very well be his last real prize fight if he doesn't win, or win convincingly. Some of my relatives are pretty iffy about this fight, but who knows what's going to happen which keeps things interesting. We always have big family/friend get together when he fights so it will be a fun.
Thats the thing though we do know whats gonna happen. The first 3 fights were pretty much identical with the exception of round one in the first fight. Its gonna be more of same. Marquez doin good counter boxing with close rounds and in the end Marquez getting screwed out of a close decision watch! Got Em!!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #86

Dec 2011
Sad Hill Cemetery

Quote:
Originally Posted by nremdn View Post
...and people wonder why MMA is putting boxing under. MMA is a pretty big joke, but boxing has gone far beyond a joke. What happens when Mayweather and Pac retire? Boxing is dead after that. Those are the only two boxers 95% of people even have a clue about. Then the promoters will move on to MMA and totally destroy that as well.

lulz

they said the same exact thing when oscar de la hoya retired.

when mayweather and pac leaves somebody else will fill their spot. boxing's not going anywhere.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
Old 11-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #87

Dec 2011
Sad Hill Cemetery

so pumped for this fight. hoping for another classic.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #88

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Pacquiao opponent Marquez denies doping accusations

http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-n...g-accusations/

Quote:
[Show spoiler]Source: USA TODAY

Less than two weeks before Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez fight for a fourth time, Marquez defended himself Tuesday against against an accusation that he uses performance-enhancing drugs.

Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach, who trains Pacquiao, told USA TODAY Sports that he suspects the rejuvenated 39-year-old challenger from Mexico has benefited from using illegal PEDs. The welterweights will meet Dec. 8 in Las Vegas, where the Nevada State Athletic Commission can administer drug tests at its discretion.

“If (his body) is natural, I will kiss his ass,” Roach said Tuesday.

Marquez’s strength and conditioning coach is Angel “Memo” Hernandez — the same man who once supplied PEDs to disgraced track stars Marion Jones and Tim Montgomery.

Marquez, who defended his increased muscle mass and his hiring of Hernandez on HBO’s 24/7 before their third fight last November, sounded irritated when asked about his apparent sudden physical makeover in a teleconference call with reporters Tuesday, saying, “I think it’s disrespectful when people start rumors like this.”

“I have never done this type of work before. That’s why my body has changed. I have been working very hard, specifically to get more strength. Angel is a professional and knows how much weight I am putting on. I am getting more speed and getting stronger at the same time.”

When the welterweights collided for the third time, a fight narrowly won by the Filipino icon, Marquez looked more muscular in the upper body than in previous fights and exhibited surprising stamina. In their first encounter in 2004, Pacquiao knocked down Marquez three times.

Both publicly have vowed a knockout to end any doubt in the razor-thin trilogy that includes a second Pacquiao victory and a draw.

“(Marquez) has gotten bigger and gained weight — it throws up a red flag,” Roach said. “I’ve been accused so many times of my fighters being on steroids (that) I hate to accuse other people. But it is part of our life, part of the world we live in.”

Hernandez — who used to go by the name of Angel Guillermo Heredia — testified for the federal government at the BALCO trial in 2011. A graduate of Texas A&M’s exercise science program, he cooperated with prosecutors after federal investigators linked him with drug trafficking and money laundering, according to a 2005 story in The New York Times. He never was charged.

A couple of years ago unbeaten welterweight kingpin Floyd Mayweather Jr. and his promoter accused Pacquiao of using steroids before backing off that claim after Pacquiao filed a defamation lawsuit. The case was settled out of court this year.

This is the fourth fight Marquez has employed Hernandez, 37, as his conditioning coach. But Alex Ariza, who serves in the same role with Pacquiao, said he is friends with Hernandez and does not believe Marquez’s improved physique is the result of something untoward.

“Memo is brilliant — I don’t have any suspicions,” Ariza told USA TODAY Sports. “When you get someone like that who knows the science of exercise and nutrition . . . well, we saw a whole different fighter when he fought Manny last time.

“It’s not because (trainer) Nacho Beristain is teaching (Marquez) something new. It is because Memo now has Marquez’s confidence. He has done things to his body. He has taken a good fighter at 39 and completely evolved him. Now I’ve got a guy (Hernandez) teaching the science as well — we’re on an even plane. That’s my fear.”

With an increase in the number of fighters asking for Olympic-style drug testing for their bouts, there has been an increase in the number of positive drug tests relating to banned substances. Since May, former champions Andre Berto and Lamont Peterson, who both requested Olympic-style testing, came up positive for PEDs in tests conducted by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA).

Pacquiao’s trainer said he wanted both camps to do a pre-fight drug screening to theoretically eliminate any suspicion.

“It would have been great for Manny’s image because Mayweather had said he was on steroids,” said Roach. “I said (to Pacquiao), ‘You’re clean, right? He said, ‘Of course.’ I said, ‘Take the test.’ He said OK. (Adviser) Mike Koncz agreed with it.”

Said Marquez: As far as people thinking I am taking steroids? I would take the test. Let them take my blood. I don’t care – just to shut everybody up. Of course my fight tests have always been clean. I don’t know how those rumors get started.”

Roach said the idea of pre-fight testing was nixed by Top Rank, Pacquiao’s promoter. But Bob Arum said he never was told of any suggestion for pre-fight testing between the two camps.

“It’s the first I’m hearing of it,” said the Top Rank chairman.

“Unless it’s put in the (direction) of the commission, there are no consequences,” Arum said. “People who talk about this really are naïve. It has to be completely thought out. If someone had to​ come to me with this, I would have gone to the commission (and asked).Then it’s controlled and run by the commission. That’s the way to do it.”

Just like Pacquiao a few years back, JMM gets a dose of being accused for using PEDs (from Freddie Roach). With Angel Hernandez as JMM's strength and conditioning coach who supplied PEDs track stars Marion Jones and Tim Montgomery in the past. I don't see why there wouldn't be any attention on this matter towards his camp. Marquez was 38 when he fought Pacquiao back in November 2011 and he was "bigger" than Pacquiao. For this upcoming fight, Marquez is now 39 and according to his camp he's supposedly stronger from last years fight.

Only way to know is if the Nevada Commission demands a drug test right before the fight, but I think both sides are clean, there's no real evidence other than conditioning coach Hernandez's past when he supplied PEDs to the former track stars.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #89

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

This Thursday night on TNT, they're running a special with Pacquiao, Charles Barkley, and Reggie Miller. I'll probably record it and watch it later on.

You heard about the comments about Sir Charles that he can knock Pacquiao out? Hell yeah Barkley can knock Manny out throwing half a punch!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #90
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Sadly I have no interest in this fight
7/23/2012 - The day justice was served to PSU

RIP Art Modell - You may have killed the city of Cleveland when you moved the Browns to Baltimore, but your visions did give us the Ravens.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #91
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali

Im so excited, and I just cant hide it. Im about to lose control and I think I like it. Got Em!!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #92

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Fight Night tonight! No excuses anymore if Manny loses.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:54 AM   #93
Expert Member

Sep 2007
Houston, TX

WOW, did not expect that at all....
Old 12-09-2012, 04:56 AM   #94
Special Member

Feb 2011
Upstate New York

Damn! He got knocked the F^ck out (Smokey's voice)
PSN = Ddt928
Blu-Ray Online Madden 25 Leagues
*NON-SIM* League
*Sim-Style* League*
Come sign up. Plenty of teams still available.
Follow me on Twitter for league updates @Ddt928
Old 12-09-2012, 05:00 AM   #95
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
Mexico City
Thumbs up

Go !!! Pacquiao
Old 12-09-2012, 05:00 AM   #96
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007
Hell-y-wood, FL

Roid rage.
"Flesh is a trap...and death is an illusion."
Old 12-09-2012, 05:04 AM   #97

Dec 2011
Sad Hill Cemetery

dayum! that was vicious. great job by jmm.

guess pac-mayweather will never happen now....
Old 12-09-2012, 05:09 AM   #98

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Pacquiao needs to retire. He's did his best but Marquez was just too strong. We're more shock now than the Bradley fight. We can't believe it.

Anyone notice the leg movement of Pacquiao during the 5th and 6th round? Looked like he was cramping up bad.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:12 AM   #99
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007
Hell-y-wood, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
Pacquiao needs to retire. He's did his best but Marquez was just too strong. We're more shock now than the Bradley fight. We can't believe it.

Anyone notice the leg movement of Pacquiao during the 5th and 6th round? Looked like he was cramping up bad.
I don't think so. I think that's a typical knee-jerk reaction immediately after seeing such a knockout. But to be fair, Manny was on the comeback trail in that fight and just ended up walking into a vicious punch. It could have happened to anyone.
"Flesh is a trap...and death is an illusion."
Old 12-09-2012, 05:14 AM   #100
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2008
On One

I called this! Marquez had something to prove!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports