COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Futurama: Volume 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Complete Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Stoker (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Blob (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Armored Attack! (Blu-ray)
$17.98
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Cold in July (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Insomnia (Blu-ray)
$19.99
WWE: The Best of RAW 2010 (Blu-ray)
$15.98
The Musketeers: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
Despicable Me 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Jules and Jim (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Old 03-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
Banned

Apr 2008
United Kingdom Armageddon up for pre-order HMV!

Armageddon has been given a pre-order date of May 24th 2010 - hope the pq/sq are outstanding!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
Power Member

Mar 2009
Nottingham, United Kingdom

Nice, just hope they don't push the date back.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
Power Member

Mar 2009

America's getting a vanilla edition of the theatrical cut so I'm waiting for full specs before I decide whether to buy
"There's nothing wrong with Britain that impaling the Prime Minister wouldn't cure"
Old 05-24-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
Special Member

May 2007
Dublin

watched this friday night... all i can say is wow... wonderful transfer and amazing sound... god i remember almost paying 80 quid back in the day for a full rate DTS dvd japanese version.. this is why i love blu-ray... its just cool... there's nothing but the film and trailers and aerosmith video in sd.. but i love the film so dont really care.. is there a directors cut? what does it add?

i know there's a lot of Bay haters out there but i just love this film... also noticed that JJ Abrams is credited as writer?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009
Default Armageddon Blu-ray

So I received it today and just finished watching it, and thought I would share the information regarding the disc. The film itself is one of those that everyone loves to hate, especially the critics, but I think it's great entertainment, a real guilty pleasure. Now, onto the disc:

Picture and audio quality is fantastic on both counts, I would even suggest it a good title to use if you want to demonstrate how a catalogue film can look when remastered to full HD. I think I remember something about how this disc got delayed about a year or two ago, but whatever the reason for it was, it was worth the wait.

It is a big step up from the DVD, definitely worth the upgrade. However if you like your special features, keep the second disc if you got the Special Edition DVD, as the Blu-ray is disappointing very lacking. All it has is trailers, and the music video for Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing". The only previews on the disc are for the cinema release of Prince of Persia, the Blu-ray release of Surrogates, and a Blu-ray demonstration advert.

It comes in a standard Blu-ray case, and that's it. There is no slipcover or steelbook. It is a region free disc.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:09 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDilke View Post
So I received it today and just finished watching it, and thought I would share the information regarding the disc. The film itself is one of those that everyone loves to hate, especially the critics, but I think it's great entertainment, a real guilty pleasure. Now, onto the disc:

Picture and audio quality is fantastic on both counts, I would even suggest it a good title to use if you want to demonstrate how a catalogue film can look when remastered to full HD. I think I remember something about how this disc got delayed about a year or two ago, but whatever the reason for it was, it was worth the wait.

It is a big step up from the DVD, definitely worth the upgrade. However if you like your special features, keep the second disc if you got the Special Edition DVD, as the Blu-ray is disappointing very lacking. All it has is trailers, and the music video for Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing". The only previews on the disc are for the cinema release of Prince of Persia, the Blu-ray release of Surrogates, and a Blu-ray demonstration advert.

It comes in a standard Blu-ray case, and that's it. There is no slipcover or steelbook. It is a region free disc.
Thanks for a great comment Chris, i picked this up not seen it yet cant wait now.
Samsung 63" PS63C7000 3D TV,
Samsung BD C6900 3D Blu Ray Player,
Pioneer VSX-920K 3D Receiver,
Front Speakers Monitor Audio Radius 250,
Centre speaker Monitor Audio Radius 250,
Rear Surrounds Monitor Audio Radius 250,
Subwoofer Kef Kube 2.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:11 AM   #7
Expert Member

Jan 2010
Norway, Blu-Ray SteelBooks™: 144

Have to order this one, a great movie.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:29 AM   #8
Expert Member

Aug 2008
France

Quote:

Thanks for your review
Can you tell me if there is some french on the disc (audio / subtitles) please ?

Thank you.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBougre View Post
Thanks for your review
Can you tell me if there is some french on the disc (audio / subtitles) please ?

Thank you.
Yep, there's both. There's also German, Spanish and Hindi audio tracks, plus German, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Dutch and Arabic subtitled, if anyone else is interested. However, only the English track is DTS-HD.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #10
Special Member

Feb 2010
United Kingdom

I'll wait until it's released then buy it. Not worth a pre order in my opinion.
My High Definition Experience
  • Baird 45" High Definition LCD TV
  • Sony PlayStation 3 Console
  • Xbox 360 Slim Console
  • Phillips Sound System
Old 05-25-2010, 05:13 PM   #11
Banned

Apr 2009

Hmmm, it HAS been released. That's how many of us have got it.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:08 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007

I watched it last night.. Great in every respect (I don't watch extras very much anyway).
Old 05-26-2010, 05:36 AM   #13
Expert Member

Aug 2008
France

Quote:
Yep, there's both. There's also German, Spanish and Hindi audio tracks, plus German, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Dutch and Arabic subtitled, if anyone else is interested. However, only the English track is DTS-HD.
Thank you !
Old 12-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #14

Oct 2009
Devon, UK

Sorry for resurrecting an old topic, but I just got this through Amazon UK's 3-for-17 offer, and I can see the artwork is "off", ie the title isn't center and the spine shows quite a bit of the front art spilled over. Is this how it is for everyone?
Old 12-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #15
Special Member

May 2011
London

Yep. Same for mine.

Although with a giant meteor threatening to wipe out the Earth, I think they had more important things to worry about than the cover for a documentary on how they averted disaster
Elliot: He's a man from outer space and we're taking him to his spaceship.
Greg: Well, can't he just beam up?
Elliot: This is *reality*, Greg.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc

Since the subject's been revived, am I the only one who's been hoping for an upgraded release of this flick?

I know how lowbrow it's deemed to be, but I thoroughly enjoy it, and I think the extended cut on the deluxe 2-disc DVD was actually the better version of the film (I particularly like the scene between Harry and his dad, played by the awesome Lawrence Tierney, as a balance to his scene with Grace at the film's climax).

I really wish they'd issued it with a branched transfer and both cuts. I'm not alone in that, surely?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #17

Jul 2012

Love this movie. Proper popcorn movie, don't know how people can't like it.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #18

Oct 2009
Devon, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Since the subject's been revived, am I the only one who's been hoping for an upgraded release of this flick?

I know how lowbrow it's deemed to be, but I thoroughly enjoy it, and I think the extended cut on the deluxe 2-disc DVD was actually the better version of the film (I particularly like the scene between Harry and his dad, played by the awesome Lawrence Tierney, as a balance to his scene with Grace at the film's climax).

I really wish they'd issued it with a branched transfer and both cuts. I'm not alone in that, surely?
The extra footage in the Extended Cut was quite a bit rougher than that of the rest of the film as I recall. I think I read somewhere that they couldn't make a HD version out of it, and the print used for the theatrical cut Blu-ray is sourced from Michael Bay's personal collection.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #19

Feb 2011
Birmingham, UK

Its an excellent "leave brain at door" movie. Its not clever or sophisticated, and it treats the audience like a dumbass, but I really like it. Even the mega cheesy montage explosion at the end.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz_85 View Post
Sorry for resurrecting an old topic, but I just got this through Amazon UK's 3-for-17 offer, and I can see the artwork is "off", ie the title isn't center and the spine shows quite a bit of the front art spilled over. Is this how it is for everyone?
Same here. I put it in a US slim case and it now looks perfect.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland