Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Birds (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Blu-ray)
$4.99
No Holds Barred (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Old 12-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.
Default Samsung Soundbar HW-E450

I am picking this up on Thursday and I cant believe that I am going with something made by Samsung a company I have no love for at all but after the sales person demo'd it for me I couldnt resist. I was actually shocked by how good it sounded. It comes with HDMI hookups and a wireless subwoofer and will fit in perfectly with my setup and the size room my setup is in. Like I said it sounds really good for a soundbar and I like the virtual surround sound feel it gives you. Never thought I would go with a sound bar let alone one made by Samsung but I figured what the hell. For now it will do the trick and when the wife and I take over my parents house next year I will go all out with a full blown surround sound system because my HT will be re-located to the living room. I will let everyone who is interested know how it works out on Friday.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:04 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

Well folks picked up my Samsung soundbar this afternoon and here are my thoughts. First it was simple to hook up. I have got the audio cables (Red and White) hooked directly up to my Directv HD Box and the 3D Sound is excellent. Then I have the HDMI cables hooked up to my Sony BDP S570 and again everything is working excellent. The Sub is also giving off good bass. Now this isnt giving off full blown surround sound like an AV Reciever would do but for the size room my setup is in its doing what its supposed to do and thats give great sound and good Bass. Its what I have been looking for and what I needed. So far well worth it. I may not like Samsungs tv's but I sure do like their Soundbar!

Old 12-19-2012, 12:56 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post
Well folks picked up my Samsung soundbar this afternoon and here are my thoughts. First it was simple to hook up. I have got the audio cables (Red and White) hooked directly up to my Directv HD Box and the 3D Sound is excellent. Then I have the HDMI cables hooked up to my Sony BDP S570 and again everything is working excellent. The Sub is also giving off good bass. Now this isnt giving off full blown surround sound like an AV Reciever would do but for the size room my setup is in its doing what its supposed to do and thats give great sound and good Bass. Its what I have been looking for and what I needed. So far well worth it. I may not like Samsungs tv's but I sure do like their Soundbar!

I have a Sharp Soundbar and when I had it hooked up, it was awesome for an apartment, but I moved and I'm now in a building with an older age population, and can't really have my subwoofer going at night and didn't hook it back up until I can get an Auralux Subdude pad. Glad you enjoy yours. I'm hoping next by the end of January, I can have mine up and running again
Old 12-19-2012, 02:38 AM   #4

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Congrats on the soundbar! You're the second person here who really likes that Samsung unit!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:36 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

Yea its a great sounding until thats for sure, it works so good that I am getting yelled at from the parents to turn it down. Cant wait until next summer when the wife and I get our own damn place.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

I love this soundbar but getting it to work with any other remote is IMPOSSIBLE! It seems Samsung dont want it to work with any remote BUT a Samung remote and thats B.S. That aside I should have gotton a soundbar for my setup a long time ago because it sounds beautiful for a bedroom setup such as mine.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:57 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

Hey Steve, I'm assuming you picked this up at Costco? What made you pick this up instead of the Yamaha?
Old 12-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Hey Steve, I'm assuming you picked this up at Costco? What made you pick this up instead of the Yamaha?

Donster yes we picked it up at Costco and it was a gift from my wife. If I would have had a choice it would have been the Yamaha. I wasnt happy inside because its a Samsung but it works good except for the Remote issue. Trust me if I have my way next year it will be back to an AVR.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > HTiB (all-in-one systems)