Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Pawnbroker (Blu-ray)
$19.16
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Breakfast Club (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Old 12-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #4761

Dec 2007
Portland, OR

Typical Mondo website BS. They have the worst most unfair checkout system out there. Less popular sites allow you to hold your item for a certain amount of time keeping it "carted" long enough to compensate for any lag in the checkout process. Not Mondo though. They thrive on this and see it as a way to generate buzz/drive demand. Pretty pathetic and the main reason I've been buying more art from other places as of late.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #4762
Power Member

Jan 2007
Northern, NJ

Well by the time I remembered these were going up today they were sold out, but congrats to everyone that picked one up.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #4763
Power Member

Sep 2010
Cincinnati

I tried for that Moss today and totally failed. I couldn't even get past the add to cart and to make matters worse someone had created a thread over on reddit.com about the drop a few days before so even more people was trying for these. I believe given the high edition size of the regular it will top off around $200. Moss is great but his prints aren't the flippers paradise they used to be for people so i'm sure these will land in the hands of true fans eventually if people are patient enough. I saw he tweeted he will have his AP copies early next year but the only problem with his sales they really are random and you have to wait on a random tweet.
Michael Myers Scare Prank
http://youtu.be/Seff-IsTO_0

Tron Legacy: Aerosol Mural
http://vimeo.com/23641625
Old 12-14-2012, 12:53 AM   #4764

Sep 2010
Near Little Rock, Ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
You have to remember a good portion of those who are reselling honestly have no idea what they are even selling. Same goes true for the typical movie poster that you see on eBay that is generally something a person has taken or been given by a theater employee to resell, and they have zero experience or knowledge about the poster industry at all. The Mondo craze has brought a ton of people into it just to resell who have no idea what it is they are selling but know they can make money on them. So that is why you will find some asking a ton of money for a print, but in reality they out-price themselves and generally end up coming down to a more realistic level. Right now it seems the variant is between $400-$450. Does that mean it will go up or down? Chances are they will come down, but then again, years from now, they could be fetching more.

It's a given if the print runs were smaller, they would be fetching more, but think of the amount of LOTR fans who don't even know about these prints, and that could drive prices upwards as well later on. But more than likely these will be high for now, come down a bit, and then perhaps rise back up later.

I understand in a way why they do it, I mean if you can spend $50 and then double or triple it, why wouldn't you? It is a legitimate strategy. It does kinda suck for us collectors though that just want these awesome prints to be hanging on our walls! If this one truly levels out around $200, I might try to get it at tax time.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #4765
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Seattle

CdnBlu will really get a kick out this since Calgary is his backyard, but the upcoming Calgary Comic Expo 2013 will feature John Carpenter as a guest. I am looking at having my business set up there, waiting to hear back on exhibitor space, but meeting Carpenter would be insanely cool.

Those wanting to make the journey to Calgary Canada, the show is April 26-28, 2013.
K5
Old 12-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #4766
Special Member

Jul 2008

Damn, I really wish there was 27x40 version of that FYE Dark Knight Rises poster. Love the look of it, but all of my posters are 27x40, so it simply wouldn't work.

Can't seem to find a poster I like for The Dark Knight Rises anywhere. Double sided would be nice, but isn't a necessity. I hate the standard theater poster (the one on the regular edition Blu-Ray). Guess I'll have to find one with the crushed bat cowl somewhere.

I went with a single sided version for The Dark Knight because I wanted this style, which I'm not sure was ever produced as a double sided poster...

I just loved that poster too much to care about it being "official".
Old 12-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #4767
Power Member

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada

Quote:
CdnBlu will really get a kick out this since Calgary is his backyard, but the upcoming Calgary Comic Expo 2013 will feature John Carpenter as a guest. I am looking at having my business set up there, waiting to hear back on exhibitor space, but meeting Carpenter would be insanely cool.

Those wanting to make the journey to Calgary Canada, the show is April 26-28, 2013.
Very Cool! Last year was an absolute shit-show! People who bought 2 day passes weren't even allowed in on the second day because there was so many people. It was nuts!

They better have a new system implemented for 2013. Regardless, I'll probably still be there
XBoxLive: CMDAlba . PSN: CDNKilla .
. Pioneer VSX-9040TXH . 42LG50 LCD 60hz . Sony BDP-S360 .
. XBOXOne . XBOX360 . Playstation3 60GB .
. Klipsch RF62 . Klipsch RC62 . Klipsch RS42 . Klipsch RB61 .
. Klipsch RPW10 . eD a3-300 Birch .

Follow Me Instagram Twitter
Old 12-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #4768

Sep 2010
Near Little Rock, Ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLeClair12 View Post
Damn, I really wish there was 27x40 version of that FYE Dark Knight Rises poster. Love the look of it, but all of my posters are 27x40, so it simply wouldn't work.

Can't seem to find a poster I like for The Dark Knight Rises anywhere. Double sided would be nice, but isn't a necessity. I hate the standard theater poster (the one on the regular edition Blu-Ray). Guess I'll have to find one with the crushed bat cowl somewhere.

I went with a single sided version for The Dark Knight because I wanted this style, which I'm not sure was ever produced as a double sided poster...

I believe that poster is available as an original, I think it came out for the movies brief theatrical rerelease in December of 2008.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #4769
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Seattle

Quote:

I will send you a private message directly but wanted to chime in on this. For the record, the domestic release for The Dark Knight Rises saw four different styles of original movie posters (two advance styles, one final style, and one IMAX exclusive style). The rarest of the four is the IMAX version. It sounds like you dislike the "final" style movie poster, which in some ways was the first advance image re-used but on fire and with Batman super imposed over it. The one problem you will have when finding the advance style "B" (Bane walking away from the broken Bat cowl) is the availability of it, and the price. You can go the eBay route and pray you get an original, and another prayer that it is in mint condition, or you can go through a poster dealer. Most dealers don't have them, however some do such as MoviePoster.com which charges $110, and MovieMarket which charges $79.99.

Regarding The Dark Knight, the image you provided was of the "wilding" style which only came single-sided so technically it was "official" but simply not one of the theatrical styles. These were not found in movie theaters, rather up at construction sites, etc to promote the film. Also the paper the studio used to print them wasn't as thick as a standard movie poster, but the problem you face is because they were only single-sided, they can easily be faked or reprinted and it can be difficult to tell. I would have to speculate that there are a fair amount of knock-off's of this style out there so you really have to be on your toes.

However, what some may not know, is this same artwork was used again on the 2009 re-release style. Warner Brothers ended up doing a limited re-release into theaters as a pre-Oscar push in January 2009, and for that release the studio had a new movie poster printed and it featured this same artwork. They also added the movie's credits at the bottom and the poster was made double-sided and featured in those theaters that were offering screenings of the re-release. It is a VERY rare style, and thus, very expensive if it can be found (more info in the private message I am sending you). An image of the poster is below:

K5

Last edited by Kinsella5; 12-14-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #4770
Special Member

Jul 2008

Interesting info, thanks guys. Yes, I'm referring to the final style poster of The Dark Knight Rises as the one I don't care for.

I'm not much of a collector, so the idea of knock-offs/single sided/double-sided isn't a huge deal for me. I just have a few posters of my favorite movies. Some are original theater prints (most of which I got from my local theater - Cloverfield and Inception, for example), but a couple are just reprints, which I have no qualms about.

I couldn't tell you if I have an "original" single-sided print of that Dark Knight poster or a knock off. The quality of the paper was nice and thick, and it looks great, so I have no complaints.

As long as it's high quality and will look nice in a 27x40 frame, I'm pretty easy to please. I've got enough of an addiction to Blu-Rays, can't afford to add another one!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #4771
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Seattle

Quote:
Interesting info, thanks guys. Yes, I'm referring to the final style poster of The Dark Knight Rises as the one I don't care for.

I'm not much of a collector, so the idea of knock-offs/single sided/double-sided isn't a huge deal for me. I just have a few posters of my favorite movies. Some are original theater prints (most of which I got from my local theater - Cloverfield and Inception, for example), but a couple are just reprints, which I have no qualms about.

I couldn't tell you if I have an "original" single-sided print of that Dark Knight poster or a knock off. The quality of the paper was nice and thick, and it looks great, so I have no complaints.

As long as it's high quality and will look nice in a 27x40 frame, I'm pretty easy to please. I've got enough of an addiction to Blu-Rays, can't afford to add another one!
At the end of the day, if you are happy, then that is all that matters. Some prefer to collect originals, others are just fine with reprints and don't care about collectibility, etc. If it makes a person happy then that is what matters.
K5
Old 12-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #4772
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
At the end of the day, if you are happy, then that is all that matters. Some prefer to collect originals, others are just fine with reprints and don't care about collectibility, etc. If it makes a person happy then that is what matters.
That's what scares me - I'm sure if I spent enough time around this thread, I'd want originals too. I completely understand the desire, as I've got my own little quirks when it comes to collecting, too. Slipcovers happen to be my weakness.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #4773

Aug 2012
LDN
Send a message via Skype™ to PaniqL

Quote:

I Happen to have that Poster up at the Moment , it is 27x40" , i got it from movieposters.com

Its still up there and is listed as original and is single sided.
http://uk.movieposter.com/poster/MPW-34583/Dark_Knight.html
Panic
Old 12-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #4774
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Seattle

Quote:
That's what scares me - I'm sure if I spent enough time around this thread, I'd want originals too. I completely understand the desire, as I've got my own little quirks when it comes to collecting, too. Slipcovers happen to be my weakness.
Don't always assume originals are out of your price range, most new releases when they first come out are between $25-$40 which is generally very close to what some sites charge for their "reproductions".
K5
Old 12-15-2012, 04:20 AM   #4775
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009

Looks like someone was able to get the IMAX mini posters. Good for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy81 View Post
did anyone get their posters?

There's something really scary about a guy with a knife who just... snaps
Old 12-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #4776

Aug 2012
LDN
Send a message via Skype™ to PaniqL

Has anyone here tried to send a Poster Sized Frame?
Whats the best thing to send it in and How to Wrap it, so it doesn't get damaged?

Thanks
Panic
Old 12-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #4777
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009

Great news! The Man of Steel poster is official! Now I am off to go find one in good condition.

man of steel.jpg
There's something really scary about a guy with a knife who just... snaps
Old 12-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #4778
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Cool View Post
Great news! The Man of Steel poster is official! Now I am off to go find one in good condition.

Attachment 56318
Where do you usually shop for original double sided posters?
Old 12-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #4779

Nov 2010

Im looking to purchase both The Wolverine posters. If anyone can help please PM me. Major wolverine fan and would be willing to add some posters to the deal.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #4780
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearljamfan View Post
Im looking to purchase both The Wolverine posters. If anyone can help please PM me. Major wolverine fan and would be willing to add some posters to the deal.
Has anyone actually been able to confirm they are posters, or just promotional images? I haven't seen anything up at my local theaters when I have gone, curious if anyone else has?
K5
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion