Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Connections (DVD)
$56.50
Los Angeles Plays Itself (DVD)
$19.49
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1-4 (DVD)
$44.99
Frontera (DVD)
$14.99
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Lost Missions (DVD)
$24.99
Starsky & Hutch: The Complete Series (DVD)
$36.29
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit: The Fifteenth Year (DVD)
$30.19
Mama's Family: The Complete Fifth Season (DVD)
$17.99
Dark Shadows: The Complete Original Series (DVD)
$267.49
The Mummy: Complete Legacy Collection (DVD)
$21.04
Mama's Family: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$119.59
Wings: The Complete Series (DVD)
$36.29
Soap: The Complete Seasons One & Two (DVD)
$7.79
Photo Kano: Complete Collection (DVD)
$29.98
The Big Valley: Season Three (DVD)
$25.08
And So It Goes (DVD)
$12.96
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 12-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #21

Sep 2012
Thumbs up

Yes, I keep all my collection listed at http://rmoonyose.filmaf.com.

Blu-ray.com only has a comprehensive blu-ray list, though what it has available DVD wise I also have listed here and update periodically but mostly at filmaf.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
USA

I was already keeping track of my Blu-ray purchases on a spreadsheet before I joined this site, but I didn't really keep track of my DVD purchases enough to be able to include all the specifics (purchase date, etc.) that I like to list on this site.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #23
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
Out there...past the trees...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
I use this site and DVDProfilier.
Same here. Problem is, I haven't been too good at keeping everything 100% updated.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #24

Jun 2010
Dallas/Fort Worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLeClair12 View Post
I keep track of my Blu-Rays on here, as well as DVD Aficionado, which I've been using for years. I enter my Blu-Rays there as well.

I suppose I should look into DVDProfiler.
^^ This is exactly what I do, log my Blus and remaining DVDs here and at Aficionado.

What's the difference between Profiler and Aficionado?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Dre View Post
^^ This is exactly what I do, log my Blus and remaining DVDs here and at Aficionado.

What's the difference between Profiler and Aficionado?
DVDProfiler is an actual program. It tracks everything from cast & crew, what features, case type, audio & video specs, overview, etc. The layout is fully customizable, you can display or hide the fields you want to see. You can download a free trial, but it is limited to a certain number of titles, 50 I believe. You can download layouts, reports and plug-ins as well. There is an iPhone/iPad app as well that can be purchased separately that is nice, I have the iPhone version as well. Downside is the online display is dated and since it is user contributed you probably will find some UPCs that have not been entered into the database. But you can always download a similar title, make any needed changes and contribute it yourself. Contributing can be somewhat overwhelming at first but it's actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

If anyone gives it a try and has any questions, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to answer them.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #26

Feb 2008
SoCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottie View Post
I keep an Excel Spreadsheet of all the films I have, the actors, genre, and year they came out. I also specify whether it's a DVD or Blu-Ray and if it's a SteelBook, DigiBook, Criterion, etc.
All very cool information, but there are much easier ways to track than a self made spreadsheet. I'm a huge fan of Excel but you should check out DVD profiler. All the info you want plus a tone more and it would save you a rediculous amount of time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsox05 View Post
There wouldn't be much to log... I've ditched the vast majority of my DVDs.
I have ditched them over the years since Blu-ray was adopted, but at the time I already had close to 1000 DVD's so I still have about 600 of them. I only get rid of the DVD once I've replaced it with Blu-ray. As I buy blu-rays' my top priority is stayign current with new releases and then I upgrade my DVD's when I have the time and the titles become cheap enough. To the OP's point, both DVD and Blu-ray's are logged. It's a movie collection, not simpl ya blu-ray collection and so I track everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDownAgain View Post
Yes. I have over 1700 DVDs, but unfortunately the UPCs for quite a few of them are not int he blu-ray.com database. I'm sure there are other versions with different UPCs but since you can't add by title alone then my DVD collection here will be incomplete.

I do however use DVDProfiler and have them all logged there. It's a great program and a must have IMO for any serious Blu-ray/DVD collector!
I started tracking my collection here at one point but then gave up. I have always used DVD profiler and love it. Keepign my collection current here just became too much work. when DVD Profiler is so easy. My total collection is approaching 1300, with close to 700 blu, I think I only got to around 200 logged on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
I use this site and DVDProfilier.
Certainly the best program out there to track a movie collection. Every collector should have this software, just no good reason not to. The money is well worth it and if you can afford to sink serious amounts of money into a physical media collection, you can certainly cough up the $30 for the software.
Panasonic 58" Plasma | Panasonic BD Player
Onkyo Receiver | Polk Speakers

852 Blu's | 611 DVDs
Old 12-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #27
Banned

Apr 2012
-

I just remember each title, DVD and Blu-ray by memory.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #28

Aug 2012

I've logged a few here, but found that too many of the editions I own aren't in this site's database so I lost interest.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Shropshire, UK
Send a message via MSN to dallywhitty

Over the past few weeks, I've been keeping my DVD collection updated on this site. A lot of them weren't listed, so I had to add a lot of them to the database, along with the covers and the relevant info. I think there's a few DVDs of mine which I've yet to add, but I'll get round to it soon.
Favourite film: Blade Runner --- Favourite director: David Lynch
Favourite album: Movement by New Order --- Favourite novel: It by Stephen King
Currently reading: Ban This Filth: Letters from the Mary Whitehouse Archive by Ben Thompson.

Temptation's calling you, a secret reply.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #30
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4butler View Post
No one cares about DVDs anymore.
I do

And yes, I update my DVDs here.

Pro-B
Old 12-13-2012, 04:43 AM   #31

Jun 2010
Dallas/Fort Worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDownAgain View Post
DVDProfiler is an actual program. It tracks everything from cast & crew, what features, case type, audio & video specs, overview, etc. The layout is fully customizable, you can display or hide the fields you want to see. You can download a free trial, but it is limited to a certain number of titles, 50 I believe. You can download layouts, reports and plug-ins as well. There is an iPhone/iPad app as well that can be purchased separately that is nice, I have the iPhone version as well. Downside is the online display is dated and since it is user contributed you probably will find some UPCs that have not been entered into the database. But you can always download a similar title, make any needed changes and contribute it yourself. Contributing can be somewhat overwhelming at first but it's actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

If anyone gives it a try and has any questions, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks for the info. I'll certainly give Profiler a shot.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #32

Feb 2012

Well, I downloaded the Blu-Ray.com app and it crashes everytime I need to scan a title's UPC. Kind of bummed as I have more than 69 Blus now.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008
Dantooine, I am on Dantooine.

I always meant too.

Just never got around to it.

Then when I sit and do it, I think about it and I'm all "I'm THAT guy."

I think I did, like 20.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #34

Dec 2011

I keep all of my DVDs and BDs logged in DVD Profiler. Great program, and it's trivially easy to add a disc to it that isn't in their database. Scan the UPC/insert disc into DVD drive, if it's not in the database, type in the name and set the region. Voila!

I've gone through about half of my DVD collection and attempted to add them on here, but a good half of those aren't listed here, so I have about 25% of my DVDs listed here. Submission of titles here is kind of a pain (and kudos to those who have managed to add as many as currently exist); I'm willing to do one or two at a time, but I have nearly 500 titles not in the blu-ray.com database... and that's just from the first half of my collection. I really don't have the patience to add 500 titles (or, likely, close to 1000 when the entire collection is taken into account).

I keep my laserdiscs, CEDs, and VHDs logged on lddb.com, and hardcore collectors have been very good about adding commercial titles, but even there I have about 100 discs (mostly demo and non-retail discs) that aren't in their database. Their submission process is a pain as well, way too much info to meticulously research to do more than one or two at a time... I've got submissions that were accepted with no questions whatsoever, and other submissions (complete with cover photos to prove they exist) that have been languishing in the submissions process for a year or more. The site relies on one single person to approve/insert everything submitted, and he admitted recently that his job leaves him little time to actually bother doing so.
Formats currently playable in media set-up: Blu Ray 3D, Blu Ray, DVD, Video CD, Laserdisc, Laseractive, CD Video, CED, VHD, 3D VHD, Betamax, CD, CD+G, audio cassette, vinyl, Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128. No VHS!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #35
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA

I started, but so much is missing from the Blu-ray.com database. I wish it had more as I would like to locate/list all of my movies here and stop using Film Aficionado (which after years, I practically done now).
My Criterion Collection

Please help me acquire these Scream Factory slips (in Mint condition):
Cockneys Vs. Zombies,
Sleepaway Camp, Cat People, Vincent Price Collection Vol. 1 Slipbox, The Howling, Phantasm II, The Fog, Prince Of Darkness
Old 12-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #36
Special Member

Nov 2009
UK

After coming across this I tried to scan a few but of the first 50 or so it seems like half of them aren't in the database. (UK discs) So I added Eyes Wide Shut and the Fugitive, but then it tells me that Contact is already in the database...so I can't add another, then I decided to hell with it.
Wishlist Over the Hedge (Dreamworks), Lemony Snicket's (Paramount), Order of the Phoenix Extended Edition (Warner Brothers)

Sale Items Beauty and the Beast, Inception, Toy Story 3, District 9 & Karate Kid PM please :)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies