COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes (Blu-ray)
$9.95
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$183.99
Restored Jazz Big Band Classics (Blu-ray)
$141.30
Veep: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Earth From Above: Stunning Water (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Showdown (Blu-ray)
$37.95
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.49
Lucy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: Assault on Arkham (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.96
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries: Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$30.99
Seattle Seahawks: Road to XLVIII (Blu-ray)
$27.49
Old 01-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by John72953 View Post
I doubt it will be, but I hear that the other releases they just came out with aren't bad at all. You bought the WYWH vinyl, right? How does it sound?
Hey John , ever hear of Ray Brown Trio and an album called Soular Energy .

Man its my new reference record for bass .
Old 01-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #22

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTplayers View Post
Hey John , ever hear of Ray Brown Trio and an album called Soular Energy .

Man its my new reference record for bass .
Yes I have, but I don't have anything by him.
John - I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
My personal motto: "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - Jolida - McIntosh - Mogami - Nitty Gritty - Nottingham - Ortofon - PS Audio - Rega - Valab/King - Wave Acoustic
Old 01-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by John72953 View Post
Yes I have, but I don't have anything by him.
If you buy another record look at this one . awesome
Old 07-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
Tulsa, OK (formally S. Wales)

A good buddy of mine met Roger Waters after a recent concert and he actually signed (much to my disbelief) his Dark Side album.

Needless to say, I remain incredibly jealous.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:40 AM   #25

Jul 2012
Melbourne

I haven't had my turntable set up in a long time... my good turntable w/ weights etc needs a really solid house or it skips (or the arm has to be set extra heavy and then you can hear it grinding in the grooves ). But I just set up my crappy automatic 'table, might have to bash out some tunes soon.

Anyway, floyd...I'd need to check, but I know I have
The Wall,
DSOTM
Animals
A Nice Pair
Relics
Wish You Were Here

I think that's it... I used to have 3 copies of Relics because I love Careful with that Axe Eugene and used to be a bit OCD with my collecting... I might only have one left... I gave one away as a present, think I sold the other one. I had two with the money on the cover, (one had an inner sleeve with a horse or a cow licking itself, this is the one I gave away by mistake lol was supposed to give away the one with the plastic cover).
The other cover was black and white with some contraption on it.

My friend (who I gave a copy to) said he had a copy that was slightly reflective maybe? Or had some faces on it or something... but a friend of his left it in his car and it got stolen. Who would steal a pink floyd LP lol! I reckon the guy just kept it, I saw him at Kyuss Lives throwing up on the floor and trying to punch bouncers so I wouldn't put it past him lol.

I have a CD of Amused to Death, but have never really gotten into it..

Last edited by Jdrizzle; 07-10-2012 at 04:46 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:48 AM   #26
Expert Member

Aug 2009
Iowa

Hey guys,

I have a bit of a dumb question here.

What pressings of Dark Side of the Moon should I be on the lookout for?

I have only heard this on CD (the 20th anniversary pressing) but I think that sounded pretty darn good. I am amazed at how quiet this album sounds (no tape hiss).

Alternately, are there any pressings that I should avoid at all costs? I have read in places that some of the re-issue vinyl was sourced from poor digital masters and not from the original master tapes.

Thanks,

and sorry for the silly question. I am sure any real vinyl collector could probably rattle this stuff off on his sleep, but if you don't know, then you have to ask...
Blu since September 22, 2009.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #27

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted_klown View Post
Hey guys,

I have a bit of a dumb question here.

What pressings of Dark Side of the Moon should I be on the lookout for?

I have only heard this on CD (the 20th anniversary pressing) but I think that sounded pretty darn good. I am amazed at how quiet this album sounds (no tape hiss).

Alternately, are there any pressings that I should avoid at all costs? I have read in places that some of the re-issue vinyl was sourced from poor digital masters and not from the original master tapes.

Thanks,

and sorry for the silly question. I am sure any real vinyl collector could probably rattle this stuff off on his sleep, but if you don't know, then you have to ask...

There are lots of different pressings around, but some are going for big money. The 30th Anniversary pressing is quite nice and well worth owning. At $50 it ain't cheap, but this EMI pressing on 180g is much better than the Capitol release.
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - Jolida - McIntosh - Mogami - Nitty Gritty - Nottingham - Ortofon - PS Audio - Rega - Valab/King - Wave Acoustic
Old 09-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #28

Jul 2011

Someone on another forum bought the Harvest version of Wish You Were Here and said the inner sleeve has three diagonally cut corners and the bottom one appears to be open cut. Wants to know if the corner should be closed and they have a split?
Old 12-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #29
jion

Default Pink Floyd on Vinyl

Today in 2010, I still have two vinyl albums in varying condition, a cassette and a CD. The artwork was fantastic, the enclosed poster that came with the album was plastered everywhere and the music and memories that go along with that album are priceless.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

So here is 3 years later and I'm starting to rebuild the wall. I got The Final Cut and Ummagumma again with Dark Side and The Wall on their way!

Cannot wait to get my wall of Floyd back up!
....and so says the Meeklo
Old 05-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #31

Feb 2010
Oregon

Good to hear.

As for my PF collection, I have everything from Piper to Division Bell. I have multiples of a few. I pick them up if they are in better condition than what I have or if it's a different pressing.

The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn - 1983 UK Fame reissue
A Saucerful Of Secrets - 5th Pressing Black label two EMI logos one at 12:00 and one at 6:00 on label.
Ummagumma - US pressing
Soundtrack From The Film "More" - US pressing
Atom Heart Mother - US pressing
Meddle - 2 original US pressings, and a 79 reissue
Obscured By Clouds - 1 original US, 1 Canadian, 1 US 83 reissue
The Dark Side Of The Moon - US original, MoFi reissue, 30th Anniversary
Wish You Were Here - US original, German '77 reissue , 2011 reissue
Animals - original UK, 2 US reissues
The Wall - Original US, 2012 reissue
The Final Cut - US pressing
A Momentary Lapse Of Reason - US pressing
Delicate Sound Of Thunder - US pressing
The Division Bell - Original UK pressing, black vinyl...not blue.

I also have the
Echoes - The Best Of Pink Floyd box set, and
2 copies of the compilation A Nice Pair. One of which I found in EXCELLENT shape at a Goodwill for 2 bucks.
A Collection Of Great Dance Songs
Relics - UK reissue
Works
Old 05-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

I got a repress of Division Bell on the way...I don't want to bother trying to figure out which copies are originals and which are scams...way too many out there.

Does anyone have a good guide as to what is a real Division Bell and what are fakes?
....and so says the Meeklo
Old 05-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #33

Feb 2010
Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeklo View Post
I got a repress of Division Bell on the way...I don't want to bother trying to figure out which copies are originals and which are scams...way too many out there.

Does anyone have a good guide as to what is a real Division Bell and what are fakes?

I don't believe there has been a legit repressing of this....which is why there are counterfeits everywhere. But if you are just buying it for the cover for your wall, I don't see any issues with that.

I stay away from the blue ones....yes some could be legit, but those are also what has been faked.

My black vinyl has TML-M//TML-X stamped in the deadwax, meaning it was mastered THE MASTERING LAB in L.A.

I have found that learning the deadwax info is the best thing to not get burned with a fake.

Last edited by leeving; 05-17-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:45 PM   #34
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Gilead

The 2014 release of The Division Bell will include a 2LP vinyl (also part of several bundle options, some of which feature a Blu-ray with a high rez 5.1 mix) which was newly mastered by Doug Sax from the original analogue master tapes.

Quote:
The Division Bell 20th Anniversary collector's box set will feature a new 2-LP vinyl edition of the album, remastered by Doug Sax at The Mastering Lab from the original analogue tapes, including all the full length tracks (originally edited to fit on a single LP) in a gatefold sleeve designed by Hipgnosis/StormStudios. Five other discs are included: a red 7" vinyl replica of single Take It Back, clear 7" vinyl replica of High Hopes, 12" blue vinyl replica of High Hopes with reverse laser etched design, the 2011 Discovery remaster of 'The Division Bell' and a Blu-ray disc including 'The Division Bell' album in HD Audio, plus the previously unreleased 5.1 surround sound audio mix of the album by Andy Jackson.

Another addition included on the Blu-ray disc is a new video for Marooned, the track that won a Grammy for 'Best Rock Instrumental' in 1994. Filmed in Ukraine during the first week of April 2014, the video was directed by Aubrey Powell at Hipgnosis. It will appear on the disc with audio tracks in both PCM Stereo and a 5.1 mix by Andy Jackson.
http://www.pinkfloyd.com/news/index.php
Old 05-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #35
Power Member

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
The 2014 release of The Division Bell will include a 2LP vinyl (also part of several bundle options, some of which feature a Blu-ray with a high rez 5.1 mix) which was newly mastered by Doug Sax from the original analogue master tapes.

http://www.pinkfloyd.com/news/index.php
Early prices are showing $117 on Amazon.com and an eye-watering 149 on Amazon.co.uk, I'm really hoping the UK price falls
"There's nothing wrong with Britain that impaling the Prime Minister wouldn't cure"
Old 05-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #36

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeving View Post
I don't believe there has been a legit repressing of this....which is why there are counterfeits everywhere. But if you are just buying it for the cover for your wall, I don't see any issues with that.

I stay away from the blue ones....yes some could be legit, but those are also what has been faked.

My black vinyl has TML-M//TML-X stamped in the deadwax, meaning it was mastered THE MASTERING LAB in L.A.

I have found that learning the deadwax info is the best thing to not get burned with a fake.
The offcial BLUE is translucent. There are marbled blue and also a clear around..they're not official.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #37
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Gilead

Initial price on the 2LP set is $45 at Amazon US, pretty steep also but at least with full source lineage being disclosed this will definitely have a few eyes peeled.

http://www.amazon.com/Division-Bell-.../dp/B00KBNRXXS
Old 05-20-2014, 09:48 PM   #38

Jul 2007

Having the full tracks on vinyl for the first time is enough of an incentive for me. It's such a great album.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:59 PM   #39

Oct 2010

Anyone know if all of these remastered represses such as The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon, and Wish You Were Here include digital download cards?
Old 05-30-2014, 07:55 PM   #40

Jul 2007

I pre-ordered the 2-LP set from Amazon UK for 26.99, but it'll be less as they remove the VAT for us Canucks and Yanks.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Vinyl and Old School Music