Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
The Faculty (Blu-ray)
$7.88
My Darling Clementine (Blu-ray)
$25.75
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 12-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #21
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPangYau View Post
I was just in the area for the festival, I actually live about 2 hours out in MD. Not far from Baltimore.
Ah, okay. Just looking for other local PA filmmakers.
I have a script I wrote "Truth Or Dare" It's very Scream like. If interested in reading it. PM ME. My Blu rays for sale Thread

The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan on here. Favorite Movie Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past

I've finished a first draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #22
Special Member

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
Ah, okay. Just looking for other local PA filmmakers.
Sorry I can't be more help... I have the same issue in MD Thankfully I have a friend who is pretty handy, but two men a crew does not make

Of course, my other issue is trying to get money for a feature. The short was $1,500 out of pocket, and has only been at one festival so far. If anything, I'm hoping to use it as a "hey, look at what I can do" for investors.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:10 AM   #23
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011

Quote:
Sorry I can't be more help... I have the same issue in MD Thankfully I have a friend who is pretty handy, but two men a crew does not make

Of course, my other issue is trying to get money for a feature. The short was $1,500 out of pocket, and has only been at one festival so far. If anything, I'm hoping to use it as a "hey, look at what I can do" for investors.
You can also shoot a mock trailer for next to nothing and show it to investors of what it possibly could be. I know some other filmmakers have done that. and got their feature financed that way.
I have a script I wrote "Truth Or Dare" It's very Scream like. If interested in reading it. PM ME. My Blu rays for sale Thread

The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan on here. Favorite Movie Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past

I've finished a first draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:15 AM   #24
Special Member

Dec 2009

Quote:
You can also shoot a mock trailer for next to nothing and show it to investors of what it possibly could be. I know some other filmmakers have done that. and got their feature financed that way.
That is one approach I've contemplated (not to mention another project idea I had was for a Grindhouse-style trailer that would mix Chinese martial arts films and Italian horror films ), as well as shooting scenes from the script, like what James Wan and Leigh Whannell did with the original Saw.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:23 AM   #25
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011

Quote:
That is one approach I've contemplated (not to mention another project idea I had was for a Grindhouse-style trailer that would mix Chinese martial arts films and Italian horror films ), as well as shooting scenes from the script, like what James Wan and Leigh Whannell did with the original Saw.
Adam Green who did the Hatchet movies did that approach aswell. just shoot a bit of footage and got a voice over for the trailer and there you go.

Like this right here.

That was shot before any real footage of the actual movie was shot.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:07 AM   #26
Special Member

Dec 2009

Quote:
Adam Green who did the Hatchet movies did that approach aswell. just shoot a bit of footage and got a voice over for the trailer and there you go.

Like this right here.
Hatchet Teaser Trailer - YouTube

That was shot before any real footage of the actual movie was shot.
Huh, maybe I should write out a teaser script based on the feature script and work from there
Old 12-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #27
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011

Quote:
Huh, maybe I should write out a teaser script based on the feature script and work from there
Perhaps, just do something simple. That footage was just something shot on a Alligator boat ride in Louisiana, and then the color was changed, along with the photos added and voice over.

Just come up with whatever your budget allows you.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #28
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Mexico, OH

Not to toot my own horn here, but: http://www.blu-ray.com/Traumatic-Pos...e-Tape/168895/

We shot the film on the budget of $200 and found the beauty of converting 2D to 3D to help it. And we got a one night only theatrical screening in January for the premiere. Also editing a documentary on the film as well as writing the next three films right now. Next one, I will be producing since I am going to be busy with the scripting.

Last edited by OrlandoEastwood; 12-21-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #29

Jan 2012
Western Australia

Really nice to see some action finally going on in this thread

You think you guys have issues with where you live? I live in Perth, Western Australia, one of the most isolated cities in the World! Fortunately, there's a lot of talented people here, but the industry is small.

I may be signing on to a Production House in the coming months who primarily work in Commercials, so will hopefully have more work to share in future. And I obviously want to continue doing music videos and short films. Thoughts on the Mandalay Victory music video I posted on the first page? Love/hate, give it to me!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #30

Jan 2012
Western Australia

Will also get around to viewing some of the other videos posted here soon!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #31
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Mexico, OH

Best advice that I have given to some, is that you raise some money to make a film yourself. Film classes and schools will only get you so far. If you go in the traditional Hollywood way, your ass will be PA until you're in your mid to late 30's. And for me, I can't take that route. I want to get my visions/movies out there to the public. Traumatic Possession 3D: The Tape was conceived in 2007 and went through lots of changes in draft that it looks nothing like what the original draft was, which was titled, The Last Dawn.

In terms of distributing, I will be going the DVD-R and CD-R route since the film is only 70 minutes. I can fit the whole film on one CD, which is VCD. Blu-rays will be factory pressed and not burned. And I am working on getting the entries taken care of for possible screenings in the U.K. at the moment to get the film out there.

With 70 minutes, in HD, we got the film for 9.25 GB for just the 2D version. I don't know about you, but I am going the BD50 route. So, I can fit a lot more than just one film, even with both cuts, on one disc. Go the route of the double and triple features if you can because selling movies is a hard sell these days. You got piracy doing it's damage. You got people who are still buying DVD. It's just baffling.

But, right now, I am working on getting a Blu-ray assembled with various subtitle tracks. We got people who are going to be working on German and Finnish subtitle tracks for the film.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #32

Jan 2012
Western Australia

^ Agree with this, mostly.

You absolutely learn the most by getting out there and doing it, but I wouldn't be where I am because of my Studies because of the kind of college it is. They have a strong emphasis on practical learning as opposed to most Uni's where it's primarily Theory based. Theory is fine; I've learnt a lot about writing and story through reading Robert McKee's "Story". But you can only truly learn from it by putting that into action. For my last year of studying, which I finished this year, we received $10,000 to shoot a Short Film on Super16 film. I'm saying all this because where you choose to go can greatly forward your knowledge and set up your career (I wouldn't be signing on to a Production House if I didn't direct that commercial in my third year of studying). I love where I studied because it gave us the tools to go and do it, with the chance to screw it up and learn from our mistakes.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:00 AM   #33
Special Member

Jun 2009
Queens,New York
Send a message via AIM to los53
Default The First Kill

a lot of great stuff here guys, Im almost shy to put up my video lol, is my first directed web series, I never took any classed for filmmaking, just picked up a dslr and learned on my own. please subscribe and like if you do, Theres still a lot of work to be done, but Ill get better with experience
Old 12-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #34

Dec 2012
UK

Hey I just joined the site, been looking on the forums recently before joining and this topic was one that compelled me to join haha.

I just graduated in November from studying film production and cinematography. Currently trying to get some work in London / anywhere doing freelance work. Great topic, love to meet and chat with other inspiring filmmakers!

I have a vimeo (see signature or link here with has my latest showreel and short film.

But I am quite passionate about working in the industry, I can't think of anything else i'd rather do as a career actually.

I currently have two ideas for feature films, and well show really get off my backside and start writing them as I feel they would make quite good pictures.

Any questions about my videos let me know!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:33 AM   #35
Banned

Aug 2011

I would love to make a short film like this.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:35 AM   #36
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011

All right. Do you just like the pretty people in it? The title even says Pretty.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:00 AM   #37
Banned

Aug 2011

maybe i should buy a camera and go into short films
Old 12-26-2012, 05:06 AM   #38
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
maybe i should buy a camera and go into short films
Might wanna slow down there first. Do you even know how to use and operate camera? Don't wanna go and spend so much and not even know how to use it. Plus do you have a group of people to help you. Kinda hard to do something by yourself. I know a thing or two about that.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:11 AM   #39
Banned

Aug 2011

Quote:
Might wanna slow down there first. Do you even know how to use and operate camera? Don't wanna go and spend so much and not even know how to use it. Plus do you have a group of people to help you. Kinda hard to do something by yourself. I know a thing or two about that.
lmfao I'm not a loser of course I've got people to help. But ughhh they're probably all terrible actors though lol.

and lmfao it's a camera i doubt you need every degree to operate it.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:16 AM   #40
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
lmfao I'm not a loser of course I've got people to help. But ughhh they're probably all terrible actors though lol.

and lmfao it's a camera i doubt you need every degree to operate it.
What's that one part suppose to mean? I'm a loser though?

And I was talking about setting up shots and whatnot. And all that other stuff you'll need to know to have a good video.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat