COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$61.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Bates Motel: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series (Blu-ray)
$64.96
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Lost: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.50
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Once Upon a Time in America (Blu-ray)
$13.89
Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.99
A-Channel: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Vikings: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Step Up 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.68
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #941
Power Member

Apr 2012
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
It was in like new condition. Used media stores doesn't buy or trade any merchandise that in bad or fair condition. They only accept and sell like new, or brand new products to their customers. I was going to upload an image, but the file is too large.
Jealous!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #942

Oct 2012

i'm from Brazil. i'm looking for a Snow White and the Seven dwarfs best buy empty steelbook (sealed). Someone interested in sell?

thanks
Old 10-06-2012, 02:13 AM   #943
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by guicouceiro View Post
i'm from Brazil. i'm looking for a Snow White and the Seven dwarfs best buy empty steelbook (sealed). Someone interested in sell?

thanks
You can always try eBay, I think there people are willing to sell it
Old 12-06-2012, 02:14 AM   #944

Aug 2012
chased away

An FYE that is near me has like 10 copies of this still, to my shock. I just bought one tonight for myself instead of hitting ebay. Was still $36 but I'll take it!

Believe it or not, they somehow still also have a couple of Pinocchio as well as the Fantasia set. Pretty crazy!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:55 AM   #945
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Detroit, MI ~ USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D. Lombardi View Post
An FYE that is near me has like 10 copies of this still, to my shock. I just bought one tonight for myself instead of hitting ebay. Was still $36 but I'll take it!

Believe it or not, they somehow still also have a couple of Pinocchio as well as the Fantasia set. Pretty crazy!
my gf works there, her store has them still as well
BD PLAYER (REGION A) : Panasonic DMP-BD85K
BD PLAYER (REGION FREE) : Insignia NS-BRDVD4
HDTV : Panasonic Viera 50" Plasma TC-P50S2

MY 'SALE THREAD'
** thread updated 4-JUNE-2014 **
Old 12-06-2012, 03:06 AM   #946
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Tallahassee, Fl

Quote:

Went to an FYE when I was visiting my dad in Miami and found both Fantasia and Sleeping Beauty. FYE tends to be the only store that continues to have the Vaulted Disney Movies in stock brand new. Fantasia was $47 though so I ended up passing on it. Found a copy online for $30.

For 36 dollars you did pretty good. Most used copies online tends to sale for about that much.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 AM   #947
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

My store near me also still have Sleeping Beauty, Pinocchio and Snow White all brand new too. I might trade in some old movies and CDs to cut down the price.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #948

Aug 2012
chased away

Unfortunately mine didn't have Sleeping Beauty so I'm still missing that one...now, can someone tell me how to get that Godforsaken price sticker off my slipcover? lol

I actually got most of it, but the sticky-ness is still there...ugh. Maybe this is why they're not selling.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #949

Dec 2009

Quote:
I actually got most of it, but the sticky-ness is still there...ugh. Maybe this is why they're not selling.
Try some Goo Gone - stuff works wonders.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #950
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Tallahassee, Fl

Quote:
Unfortunately mine didn't have Sleeping Beauty so I'm still missing that one...now, can someone tell me how to get that Godforsaken price sticker off my slipcover? lol

God I hate that. I honestly wish more stores would just put wrap around all media and put the stickers on the wrap instead of the box.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #951
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouse View Post
Agreed. Goo Gone gets all stickers off my slips with ease.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #952

Aug 2012
chased away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouse View Post
Didn't have any, but...

thankfully I took my time, using a really sharp knife and skimming off all the remnants of the white sticker. Then, since I clean with the all powerful rubbing alcohol in my house. I very lightly sprayed where the sticky residue was (that doesn't sound right, I know)...and wiped it totally away with a towel.

Pretty much looks like new!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #953
Power Member

Jan 2012
Bedford Falls

Saw like 3 new copies in FYE last night and assumed this was in print. Guess it's not. I want it but will have to trade in a bunch of stuff for it first. $35+ is too much for me. Pretty sure I also saw Fantasia a month or so ago.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #954
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post
Saw like 3 new copies in FYE last night and assumed this was in print. Guess it's not. I want it but will have to trade in a bunch of stuff for it first. $35+ is too much for me. Pretty sure I also saw Fantasia a month or so ago.
My local one only has one of each
Old 12-22-2012, 04:08 AM   #955
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Happy 75th birthday to Disney's Folly!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #956

Jun 2012
Richmond, KY

Curious, how many of you who have Snow White use it as a exhibition title? I mean, when selling someone on Blu ray over DVD? I ask because, for me, this was the title that sold me on the superiority of Blu between the insane number of extras and the incredible amount of color and image sharpness that just was not there on the DVD.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #957
Special Member

Nov 2011

I guess I was lucky to get SNOW WHITE for only $10 back when it first came out, at Best Buy's sale price of $20 plus the online Disney coupon for $10 off.

I hope that whenever they decide to remaster it, they fix the menu so you can find all the bonus shorts directly from one submenu instead of painstakingly working your way through several other menus and text features to find the one you want to watch.

It certainly looks nice on Blu-ray, but I'd say that PINOCCHIO and DUMBO both look a bit better on Blu-ray, and are more of reference material to show off a classic cartoon feature in HD. And for other 1937 films that have a spectacular HD transfer on Blu-ray, there's Lionsgate's LA GRANDE ILLUSION and the BFI's region-free THE EDGE OF THE WORLD.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #958
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Velvet View Post
I guess I was lucky to get SNOW WHITE for only $10 back when it first came out, at Best Buy's sale price of $20 plus the online Disney coupon for $10 off.

I hope that whenever they decide to remaster it, they fix the menu so you can find all the bonus shorts directly from one submenu instead of painstakingly working your way through several other menus and text features to find the one you want to watch.

It certainly looks nice on Blu-ray, but I'd say that PINOCCHIO and DUMBO both look a bit better on Blu-ray, and are more of reference material to show off a classic cartoon feature in HD. And for other 1937 films that have a spectacular HD transfer on Blu-ray, there's Lionsgate's LA GRANDE ILLUSION and the BFI's region-free THE EDGE OF THE WORLD.
Dude, the disc has an index feature. You don't have to go through the Hyperion experience. Hang on, I'll tell you how to access it.

Agree with you re: Pinocchio, but Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 and/or Sleeping Beauty would be my choice.

UPDATE

Okay, so just do this...
DISC 2
From the Magic Mirror, select "Bonus Features: Backstage Disney" then "Hyperion Studios"
Skip the newsreel or watch it.
From the Hyperion menu, click "Down" button, boom - index menu.

Last edited by Ernest Rister; 12-22-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #959
Banned

Dec 2012

The vault plan is really just to prevent the prices being lowered. ~~
Old 01-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #960

Jan 2013

Just curious and hoping someone could help. I bought the diamond off of amazon and was checking to make sure it is not fake, the dvd has no signs but the blu ray case is much thicker than any other disney blu ray i have and the movie is not widescreen. Is this how everyone elses copy is or did i just meetba good con artist
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America