Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$90.34
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 10-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #61

Dec 2009
Utah
Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
Moviecollector http://www.collectorz.com is the very best IMO, beats out even DVD profiler
This is what I have been using for a while now and I love it. I use their game collector as well.
Receiver | Yamaha RX-V765
BD Player | Samsung BD-F7500
Media Players | Roku 3 | Logitech Squeezebox Duet
Front | Polk Audio TSi 300
Center | Wharfedale WH-2
Rear | Wharfedale WH-2 Bipole
Subwoofer | BIC VK-12
Display | Samsung LN40B550 40" 1080p LCD
Old 10-10-2010, 04:26 AM   #62
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoEastwood View Post
I put which number Blu-ray and how much I spent on the title in the detail on here.
Yup, me too. I love that I can keep a record of everything here, and the bonus is I can text or email the profile address to anyone and they can look at it to pick out a movie, etc. I can see it on my phone, and can even save it offline. It's rare I need a ton of data about the movie, and if I do, it's just as quick to search Wikipedia or IMDB.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:23 AM   #63

Nov 2009
Richfield, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluDroid View Post
How easy is it to surf the different titles once loaded? I'm using a Droid and have been thinking about this app...
When you open the app, it is just an easy scroll (assuming you mean AFTER you have your titles scanned in). It works very well IMHO. Since it's free, it is worth a look. I scanned in about 30 movies today in about a 1/2 hour.
"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?"

Samsung LN40A750, Pioneer BDP-05FD
Yamaha RX-V663, Carver M1.0t (2)
Klipsch Cornwall, KSF C5, S1, KSW 200 (2)

My gallery: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...ber=bsmith6470
Old 10-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #64

Apr 2009

Why doesn't anyone use IMDB's My Movies? I've used it for years with over 350 titles. Best of all, it's free.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:57 AM   #65

Nov 2010
London Ontario Canada

Wow guys lots of good info in here, I was looking at Movie Collector as I've seen DVD Profiler before, but I do like the sounds of Profiler now. I'll have to use the free version for now, maybe after Christmas pick it up in full. I like the idea of being able to see from anywhere online my collection.

A lot of talk about it syncing with a mobile device, so would that come handy when you're in a store about to buy a Blu-ray and want to double check the make sure you don't already have it?

Also can you pick up any UPC scanner and have it work with DVD Profiler?
Old 12-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #66
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

DVD Profiler for iOS is now available for your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #67
Expert Member

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian2k7 View Post
Also can you pick up any UPC scanner and have it work with DVD Profiler?
As long as it work with your computer/OS it will also work with DVD Profiler.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #68
Banned

Dec 2010

DVD Library allows you to catalog, manage and save your DVD on Mac from a library of visuals. Simply enter a part of the title or the UPC DVD (including Blu-ray), DVD-Library automatically retrieves the DVD cover and all relevant information on Amazon. It also allows you to perform a full backup of DVD quality on your Mac.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:39 PM   #69

Nov 2009
Default I use DVD profiler

DVD profiler for me. I have just got the i-pod version as well. Very handy to take around as current collection well over 3000 and ever now and again I forget what is in my collection. Must be my age. Certainly saves on purchasing the double ups. With the i-pod version you don't have to have the PC version but certainly helps if you do. Just a warning this software has just been released and does have the odd bug but still works well and is being updated as I write this. Also like the fact that you can contribute ideas as to what you might like on the program at the DVD profiler home page / forums.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:49 AM   #70
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Loma Linda, CA

is there any free movie catalog for android?
Old 01-01-2011, 06:47 AM   #71

May 2010

How about MediaBrowser.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen1.jpg (104.0 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg screen2.jpg (102.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg screen3.jpg (104.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg screen4.jpg (99.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 01-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #72

Jan 2009

hi , can you advice me , should i buy collectorz movie collector for mac or delicious library for my blu ray collection
Old 01-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #73

Nov 2009
Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justphil41 View Post
DVD profiler for me. I have just got the i-pod version as well. Very handy to take around as current collection well over 3000 and ever now and again I forget what is in my collection. Must be my age. Certainly saves on purchasing the double ups. With the i-pod version you don't have to have the PC version but certainly helps if you do. Just a warning this software has just been released and does have the odd bug but still works well and is being updated as I write this. Also like the fact that you can contribute ideas as to what you might like on the program at the DVD profiler home page / forums.
Thanks for posting this! I didn't know there was an iOS version. I picked it up after reading this and it's great! I used to print out a page for each movie and keep them in a binder for browsing. Now I can just use the iPad and it works/looks fantastic.
TV: Sony 46W5100
DVR: TiVO HD (upgraded to 1TB)
Receiver: Denon 1910
Front/Center/Surround Speakers: PSB Image T5/C5/B4
Blu-ray: PS3 Slim
PSN ID: molson1138 Xbox Gamertag: molson1138
My Movie Collection
Old 01-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #74
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
jO-hio

I recently purchased DVD Profiler and absolutely love it.

Bill
Wives and toddlers...can't live with them and people notice them missing.
Proud Member of CAA: Chronic Adjusters Anonymous
Old 01-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #75
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Does anyone know a free catalog program for Mac that does good artwork?

Thanks
Old 01-02-2011, 11:47 PM   #76

Nov 2009
The Grid

Purchased DVD Profiler last weekend. So far, we really like it. Been thinking about getting a UPC scanner as well. Any recommendations?
Old 12-23-2012, 03:12 AM   #77

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefrank View Post
If you're OK with keeping it in the "cloud", Your Media Library at Amazon is the best free collection organizer I've found.
Has anyone else tried this feature? My understanding is that it's supposed to track the items you've purchased through Amazon and automatically add them to your collection, but none of my past movie purchases are shown. I can't manually add items either; it gives me "Failure. Please try again later."
Old 12-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #78
Expert Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Does anyone know a free catalog program for Mac that does good artwork?

Thanks
DVDpedia. You can even replace movie covers with another image, like a poster, whatever you like. I think it's something like delete the current image, if there is one, then drag your image onto the image space. There is a free trial, but it's limited to a few movies, so you'll have to pay about $20 to get full use of it, but try it first.

It handles Blu-rays, too. You can search for movies to add via the internet or create a custom entry, even if there is already one (or more) in whatever database(s) the program checks. I've found it easiest to modify an entry the program finds via the internet; however, those entries can contain erroneous info, like price, cast, rating, etc., but I do get to use the best artwork that I can find.

Last edited by joie; 12-23-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #79
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.sparrow View Post
I use MyMovies on my PC. It allows you to scan the barcode of the dvd/blu/hddvd etc using a webcam and auto populates some of the following:

Back and front cover, Actors/Directors list, Disc numbers, Blurb from back cover of dvd or blu, rating and why and much much more.
I just started using MyMovies for Mac, and my initial reactions are positive.

I love holding up the barcode to the webcam and getting the title added automatically, and I love the simple aesthetics of the interface - it is made to look like a metal bookshelf. The lack of clutter (no stupid wallpapers) is appreciated.

I don't know how other programs compare, but since the cover art is all contributed by users, the quality varies. I've rescanned some covers that I felt were not scanned well. And I've scanned some titles that were lacking covers, or grabbed some from the reviews section of this here website. But I don't have time to do that much.

I wish studios would deliver front and back cover art to some kind of centralized database which programs like these could draw from, much like Gracenote does with the front covers of albums.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:06 AM   #80

Dec 2009

I use MyMovies as well, but only for my Blu-ray collection. Link action below to a couple slideshows I had worked up showing what it looks like to navigate the contents of a couple of my Blu-ray boxsets within the MyMovies for WMC7 interface.

Alien Anthology
Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software