COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Futurama: Volume 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Complete Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
High School Confidential (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Blob (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Monsieur Verdoux (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Stoker (Blu-ray)
$6.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Armored Attack! (Blu-ray)
$17.98
Being John Malkovich (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Insomnia (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Players

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 11:06 PM   #41
JohnAV JohnAV is offline
Special Member
 
JohnAV's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester
465
24
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Cambridge Audio makes two universal 3D BD players. They are high-end and are as good or better than the Oppo players. Both models have dual 1.4 HDMI outputs. They are audiophile grade and not cheap.

Azur 651BD ($799):
http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/summar...iversal+Player

Azur 751BD ($1,149):
http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/summar...iversal Player
I haven't really seen a in-depth comparison between the Oppo's and Cambridge's current models, although there is short comparisons on WhatHiFi.com, but needless to say they are worth comparing.

We already seen from the rear view that both the $799 651BD and $1,149 751BD resemble the $499 BDP-93, but $999 BDP-95 even has XLR-balanced outputs. Cambridge hasn't addressed file/audio type compatibility, nor has it much in the way of DLNA/or streaming abilities.

If you check the internal view's both companies have went their different paths, with Cambridge using Wolfson DACs and Anagram Q5 DSP, and Oppo using ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC's for the 7.1 and another ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC for the stereo analog. The power supplies are different with Cambridge using a sealed switching supply, while Oppo uses a Linear power supply with Rotel-made toroidal transformer.

I think it safe to say that both the brands are respectable, and both vendors are not done evolving their products. But against network streaming/internet share/supported codecs Oppo clearly has the edge.

Last edited by JohnAV; 12-20-2011 at 11:35 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #42
Elite Polker Elite Polker is offline
Active Member
 
Elite Polker's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
St. Louis MO.
22
95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoll View Post
I would also like to add the samsung 6700 as a worthy dual hdmi output 3d blu ray player. I bought this to go with my samsung 3d pn51d550 tv and it works great so far. I hooked 1 hdmi from 6700 to tv and 1 to a vsx 21 elite receiver and now i have great 3d and still have my lossless sound and i have tryed the 2d to 3d up conversion and while watching king kong blu ray it looked pretty good. Just fig. i give some in sight to this player if anyone is looking for dual hdmi 3d player.
I also have two Samsung D6700's and I use one with a Pioneer Elte VSX-23 which is HDMI 1.3 and not 3D ready.

The two HDMI outputs should help out when we upgrade the LCD in the livingroom to 3D.
Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-35 (140 watts @ 8 ohms)
Amp: Adcom GFA-555 Mk.II (200 watts @ 8 ohms)
Fronts: Polk RTi A9
Center: Polk CSI A6
Rears: Polk RTi A7
Sub: Polk DSW PRO 500 (10 inch, 200 Watt)
TV: Samsung 59 inch 3D Plasma 600 Hz PN59D7000
Sources: Samsung BD-D6700, DirecTV, PS3 and iPhone 4 and IPod Apple Lossless Tracks
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:10 AM   #43
shakeela shakeela is offline
Junior Member
 
Jul 2012
Default

I just preordered the BDT310 due to the fact i also need the 1.3 and 1.4 outputs and the 300's are selling for $429 the 310's are $192
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #44
ministry ministry is offline
Junior Member
 
Jun 2012
Default

I have both players and imo the 310 is better than the 300 due to the loading times and compatability with a few disks. The only difference the 300 has is the analogue outputs but imo its not needed for the average user.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:30 AM   #45
Yeha-Noha Yeha-Noha is offline
Power Member
 
Yeha-Noha's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeela View Post
I just preordered the BDT310 due to the fact i also need the 1.3 and 1.4 outputs and the 300's are selling for $429 the 310's are $192
What made you decide to get the old BDT310 instead of the newer 2012 model DMP-BDT500? For just about $60 more you could get a better player having faster load times, better DACs (for 7.1 analog outputs), a better transport, higher grade electronic components, and better build quality.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:04 AM   #46
seedubxj seedubxj is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2009
Folsom, CA
17
Send a message via AIM to seedubxj
Default

Jusy snagged a BDT310 on ebay with the Panasonic Skype camera attachment for $165 shipped! Pretty happy about it. I'll give a min-review when it arrives.
PSN: seedubxj

AVR: Onkyo TX-SR507
Blu Ray Player: Sony BDP-S360
Network Streaming: WDTV Live Media Player w/ 1TB RAID Drive
Speakers: Polk Monitor 50 Fronts, CS2 Center, FXi3 Surrounds
Subwoofer: Velodyne VRP-10
Remote Control: Harmony One
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #47
BigAl59 BigAl59 is offline
New Member
 
Aug 2009
Baltimore
289
111
Default Dual HDMI output 3D Player

I have a Panasonic DMP-BDT350 3D player for sale if anyone is interested. PM me if interested.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #48
Early Memphis Early Memphis is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Early Memphis's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Texas
541
139
3
3
Default

I can't find a similar thread, so I'll try here : does anyone know of a NON-3D dual HDMI out Blu-ray player?

EDIT : I currently send my audio out via optical (older, non-HDMI amp) and use the HDMI straight to the TV for best image. Happily, I'm getting a new amp with HDMI inputs for Christmas - but I didn't want to send the picture thru the amp due to slight loss of PQ (the amp/receiver essentially acts as a splitter).
As of yet, my search has failed to bear fruit - however, one fella I talked to recommended using low-resistance (silver) audioquest HDMI cables if I have to go with just one HDMI out and pass the signal thru my amp. But they seem outrageously expensive. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Early Memphis; 12-22-2012 at 04:44 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #49
tele1962 tele1962 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
tele1962's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
UK
325
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
I can't find a similar thread, so I'll try here : does anyone know of a NON-3D dual HDMI out Blu-ray player?

EDIT : I currently send my audio out via optical (older, non-HDMI amp) and use the HDMI straight to the TV for best image. Happily, I'm getting a new amp with HDMI inputs for Christmas - but I didn't want to send the picture thru the amp due to slight loss of PQ (the amp/receiver essentially acts as a splitter).
As of yet, my search has failed to bear fruit - however, one fella I talked to recommended using low-resistance (silver) audioquest HDMI cables if I have to go with just one HDMI out and pass the signal thru my amp. But they seem outrageously expensive. Any thoughts?
http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/DMP-BDT500
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #50
Early Memphis Early Memphis is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Early Memphis's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Texas
541
139
3
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonpie View Post
Thanks for that. The Oppo BDP-103 is about $215 more, but like the Panasonic DMP-BDT500, it also has dual HDMI outputs for audio and video. Since I posted, the dealership I'm getting the Sony DA4600ES receiver from is insisting that it's all nonsense and that sending both the audio and video thru the receiver won't degrade the video quality at all. Am I just being paranoid? Do they only make these dual output players for paranoid people like myself? I'll never use the 3D (no 3D TV), but I want the best 2D image I can get.

Also, I know there are threads for Oppo elsewhere, but does anyone have strong opinions about the Oppo vs. the Panny? I ask because last week when I spoke to an Oppo rep, he told me there'd be no noticeable difference in Blu-ray quality over the $100 Samsung BD-D5700 I'm using now - but that it should play DVDs a bit better!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #51
tele1962 tele1962 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
tele1962's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
UK
325
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
Thanks for that. The Oppo BDP-103 is about $215 more, but like the Panasonic DMP-BDT500, it also has dual HDMI outputs for audio and video. Since I posted, the dealership I'm getting the Sony DA4600ES receiver from is insisting that it's all nonsense and that sending both the audio and video thru the receiver won't degrade the video quality at all. Am I just being paranoid? Do they only make these dual output players for paranoid people like myself? I'll never use the 3D (no 3D TV), but I want the best 2D image I can get.

Also, I know there are threads for Oppo elsewhere, but does anyone have strong opinions about the Oppo vs. the Panny? I ask because last week when I spoke to an Oppo rep, he told me there'd be no noticeable difference in Blu-ray quality over the $100 Samsung BD-D5700 I'm using now - but that it should play DVDs a bit better!
OPPO are great and the advice he gave is why they are great. BR quality will be the same.

PS
Mind you your receiver shouldn't degrade PQ.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #52
Early Memphis Early Memphis is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Early Memphis's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Texas
541
139
3
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonpie View Post
OPPO are great and the advice he gave is why they are great. BR quality will be the same.
PS
Mind you your receiver shouldn't degrade PQ.
Man, my head is spinning. This is what comes of being too poor to just buy all of these so I can see for myself. While you were posting your reply, I was on the phone with my not-so-local dealer again. He swears the Oppo guy was crazy or some big miscommunication took place. Due to my financial constraints (and not being able to sell Oppo's ), he recommended the Sony BDP-S790 as being visibly better than my Samsung on BDs - although he thought both the Pioneer BDP-62 and BDP-53 were even better than that ("colors have more pop").

While I dig what you're saying about Oppo's "honesty & integrity", I don't get why people buy these - for big money - if they're no better than a lowly $100 unit. I mean, the Oppo BDP-105 costs 12 times as much - and they're no better!?!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #53
pentatonic pentatonic is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
pentatonic's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada
569
1
6
158
Default

First off running HDMI through your receiver will not degrade the picture. Secondly, buying real expensive HDMI cables will also not change anything. If you're happy with your current player, then save yourself some cash and keep it. It is "possible" that there might be minute differences between players for BD, but I highly doubt you would notice.

If you absolutely want a dual HDMI player, the Sony 790 is a very good choice also.

As to why Oppos are more expensive, and why they have such a big following is because they are way better built players, for music listening they have higher end DACs (the 105 is reference quality audio wise, the 103 is no slouch either). Quality is not only picture wise. And if you have a large collection of DVDs, the Oppo upscales better than most of the competition.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #54
tele1962 tele1962 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
tele1962's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
UK
325
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
Man, my head is spinning. This is what comes of being too poor to just buy all of these so I can see for myself. While you were posting your reply, I was on the phone with my not-so-local dealer again. He swears the Oppo guy was crazy or some big miscommunication took place. Due to my financial constraints (and not being able to sell Oppo's ), he recommended the Sony BDP-S790 as being visibly better than my Samsung on BDs - although he thought both the Pioneer BDP-62 and BDP-53 were even better than that ("colors have more pop").

While I dig what you're saying about Oppo's "honesty & integrity", I don't get why people buy these - for big money - if they're no better than a lowly $100 unit. I mean, the Oppo BDP-105 costs 12 times as much - and they're no better!?!
Who ever you spoke to is talking tosh (ask him to post on here....i bet my house he doesn't as he is talking bollocks LOL). The OPPO's ae fantastic but regarding BR PQ you will see no difference.

Last edited by tele1962; 12-22-2012 at 08:52 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #55
Early Memphis Early Memphis is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Early Memphis's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Texas
541
139
3
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
First off running HDMI through your receiver will not degrade the picture. Secondly, buying real expensive HDMI cables will also not change anything. If you're happy with your current player, then save yourself some cash and keep it. It is "possible" that there might be minute differences between players for BD, but I highly doubt you would notice.
If you absolutely want a dual HDMI player, the Sony 790 is a very good choice also.
As to why Oppos are more expensive, and why they have such a big following is because they are way better built players, for music listening they have higher end DACs (the 105 is reference quality audio wise, the 103 is no slouch either). Quality is not only picture wise. And if you have a large collection of DVDs, the Oppo upscales better than most of the competition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonpie View Post
Who ever you spoke to is talking tosh (ask him to post on here....i bet my house he doesn't as he is talking bollocks LOL). The OPPO's ae fantastic but regarding BR PQ you will see no difference.
I really appreciate all the help you guys have been. Okay, so I've accepted that PQ wouldn't change much. And, yes, I do have a lot of DVDs - most of which either aren't listed on the site (so I can't add them) or I still haven't had time to add them. I really only care about the many DVDs I've got which haven't been released on Blu & the ones with horrid Blu ratings. While right now I'm buried in Blu-rays, those DVDs will come back into play a bit up the road.

But, pentatonic knocked it out of the park talking about music. My Samsung has replaced my CD players (including my beloved JVC XL-Z611 with programmable memory - but ancient sound quality) - but the Samsung sucks for music. The sound, eh, but the real problem is that, without a moving picture, the dumb (Smart) technology often shuts it off after 4-5 songs.

So, my last question : do you think the Sony 790 would upgrade CD sound anywhere near the Oppo 103 (and/or upconvert DVDs nearly as well)? If so, I could swing the Sony now. If not, I need to wait and save up for the Oppo 103 (the 105, alas, is but a dream - and no way I buy the Sony and then get the Oppo later). So, given what you fellas know about the SQ & upconvert differences - if I may be so bold - what would you do : stretch and buy the Sony now or wait and enjoy the Oppo way more later?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:44 AM   #56
pentatonic pentatonic is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
pentatonic's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada
569
1
6
158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
I really appreciate all the help you guys have been. Okay, so I've accepted that PQ wouldn't change much. And, yes, I do have a lot of DVDs - most of which either aren't listed on the site (so I can't add them) or I still haven't had time to add them. I really only care about the many DVDs I've got which haven't been released on Blu & the ones with horrid Blu ratings. While right now I'm buried in Blu-rays, those DVDs will come back into play a bit up the road.

But, pentatonic knocked it out of the park talking about music. My Samsung has replaced my CD players (including my beloved JVC XL-Z611 with programmable memory - but ancient sound quality) - but the Samsung sucks for music. The sound, eh, but the real problem is that, without a moving picture, the dumb (Smart) technology often shuts it off after 4-5 songs.

So, my last question : do you think the Sony 790 would upgrade CD sound anywhere near the Oppo 103 (and/or upconvert DVDs nearly as well)? If so, I could swing the Sony now. If not, I need to wait and save up for the Oppo 103 (the 105, alas, is but a dream - and no way I buy the Sony and then get the Oppo later). So, given what you fellas know about the SQ & upconvert differences - if I may be so bold - what would you do : stretch and buy the Sony now or wait and enjoy the Oppo way more later?
I forgot to mention also that the Oppo is a universal blu-ray player, meaning it also plays SACDs and DVD-As and contrary to what many might say these formats are not dead as there are independant labels that still make them and they are showing up more and more. The Sony also plays SACDs though. If you have never heard those formats I can tell you that there are some wonderful recordings out there that sound head over heels better than CDs.

Coming back to music, it all depends on how you do listen to your CDs. If you use HDMI then the player is nothing more than a digital transport, the digital to analog conversion being done by the receiver. If this is your case, the Sony is a solid choice. If however you let the player do the conversion and connect to your receiver with analog connections then the Oppo would give you better results. But also you have to take into consideration the whole of your system, how critical an ear you have to notice these differences.

Another option is to keep your sammy and purchase a dedicated CD player, you might be able to get a pretty decent one used for less and get to enjoy your BDs and CDs equally.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:41 AM   #57
Early Memphis Early Memphis is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Early Memphis's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Texas
541
139
3
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
I forgot to mention also that the Oppo is a universal blu-ray player, meaning it also plays SACDs and DVD-As and contrary to what many might say these formats are not dead as there are independant labels that still make them and they are showing up more and more. The Sony also plays SACDs though. If you have never heard those formats I can tell you that there are some wonderful recordings out there that sound head over heels better than CDs.
Coming back to music, it all depends on how you do listen to your CDs. If you use HDMI then the player is nothing more than a digital transport, the digital to analog conversion being done by the receiver. If this is your case, the Sony is a solid choice. If however you let the player do the conversion and connect to your receiver with analog connections then the Oppo would give you better results. But also you have to take into consideration the whole of your system, how critical an ear you have to notice these differences.
Another option is to keep your sammy and purchase a dedicated CD player, you might be able to get a pretty decent one used for less and get to enjoy your BDs and CDs equally.
Yeah, I have a boatload of Dylan and Stones hybrid CD/SACD discs - and a bunch of Petty stuff that's HDCD. But if the Oppo won't decode them via HDMI ...? I can't believe going analog to the amp is better than HDMI - and, given my funky, non-subwoofer "hybrid" setup, I won't be sending sound to the speakers in the traditional way [A+B : A (5 surround), B (2 stereo with 15" woofers)]. But, yeah, I listen pretty closely and notice increases in quality. I think.

Can't I set the amp to pass-thru and have the Oppo do the decoding via HDMI? The Oppo would have more advanced codecs/decoders, right? With the A&B setup, I don't see how I can do the analog thing. Besides, I have plenty of regular RCAs, but not high end ones - and now I'll have a crapload of "obsolete" high end optical connectors.

Last edited by Early Memphis; 12-23-2012 at 04:01 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #58
Neild Neild is offline
Special Member
 
Jan 2011
1
Default

Pentatonic's advice is correct, the receiver wouldn't degrade the picture, although it might add some on screen graphics which you may or may not prefer.

Better cables are also a waste of money.

In some cases analog outs can be as good as HDMI, if the blu-ray player decodes the HD track and splits it to 7.1 analog and you have an amplifier for those analog inputs, the result is as good as HDMI. But that's a pretty specific setup and does require a lot of cords.

I agree, I wish Oppo were 'only' 300% price premium, then I'd buy them too. But at 1000-1200%, just can't justify it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #59
pentatonic pentatonic is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
pentatonic's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada
569
1
6
158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
Yeah, I have a boatload of Dylan and Stones hybrid CD/SACD discs - and a bunch of Petty stuff that's HDCD. But if the Oppo won't decode them via HDMI ...? I can't believe going analog to the amp is better than HDMI - and, given my funky, non-subwoofer "hybrid" setup, I won't be sending sound to the speakers in the traditional way [A+B : A (5 surround), B (2 stereo with 15" woofers)]. But, yeah, I listen pretty closely and notice increases in quality. I think.

Can't I set the amp to pass-thru and have the Oppo do the decoding via HDMI? The Oppo would have more advanced codecs/decoders, right? With the A&B setup, I don't see how I can do the analog thing. Besides, I have plenty of regular RCAs, but not high end ones - and now I'll have a crapload of "obsolete" high end optical connectors.
Analog should be better for CDs SACDs if you have a player with better quality DACs than your receiver and own a high end system. HDMI is just fine and is what I use. I do use analog when I listen to my SACDs on my pc setup which is analog and do prefer the sound there (using the same line of speakers) but I belive my IA is the main reason.

As for when you say decode for the Oppo (or any other player) then again there wouldn't be any difference though some do say that DSD streaming is superior, but then again I doubt the difference would be that great. But don't mix up decoding with digital to analog conversion, as even if the player does the decoding, it is still sending a digital signal in the form of LPCM which has to be converted to analog it the receiver. As long as you use a digital connection (HDMI, s/pdif, coaxial) there will be a need for receiver digital to ana;og conversion. This is where audiophiles prefer to have a reference player do the decoding and conversion to the best analog quality possible (an exterior DAC is also another good way) and use high end analog preamp etc.

But that way also has it's down sides, loss of receiver sound processing, room correction, etc. that probably brings a higher level of AQ than going analog (for most at least).

Might I ask what you have as a setup?

Last edited by pentatonic; 12-23-2012 at 09:57 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:05 AM   #60
Early Memphis Early Memphis is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Early Memphis's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Texas
541
139
3
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Might I ask what you have as a setup?
Well, not exactly sure what you're asking, so forgive me if I approach or exceed overkill here. My music room/office is a small room (about 12.5x13.75). The ceiling is a modified vault (eight feet up, all 4 sides begin to close at about a 45 degree angle until suddenly flattening, adding 2 to 2.5 feet of ceiling height - kinda like the base of a step pyramid). All walls are "covered" with shelves, drapes or carpet. When at the computer (almost always, even when music or movies are on), I sit at a two-"story" table/desk against one wall. My AOC LCD computer monitor sits on a raised shelf just to my left - about 2.5 feet away from my eyes. Just further to my left, on a 30" wide, 16" deep, 5 ft high shelf sits what's left of my players and my LG LED LCD TV (about 4 ft, 9 inches away).

Sitting on top of the corner TV/equipment shelf (directly above the TV), sits the "center" NHT VS-2a speaker, about 6 feet off the ground, angled slightly down. To the L & R of that, approx. 7.5 ft. off the ground, mounted on the "vaults" and angled down, are the L Front & R Front NHT "SuperOne Xu" surround speakers. In the opposite corner, similarly arranged, are the L & R Rear NHT surrounds. About 8 ft behind me as I sit at the computer (and this is why I use the A & B setup), are two 3.2 ft high Infinity speakers on either side of my Kurzweil keyboard. They sit on stands about 6 inches off the ground, slightly tilted up and double as speakers for the keyboard when needed. For movies, I can slide my chair into the center of the room - or 2-3 chairs can be placed in the center. The floor is carpeted, as is most of the desk wall ("front") and keyboard wall (back). The carpeting and drapes cut down on sound reflection (necessary for recording).

I don't know if that's what you were looking for, so ... pardon if ... I packed away all of the equipment I wasn't really using (turntable, etc. can be plugged into the front of the amp in a pinch). All I'm running currently are my ancient Sony DA333ES amp (the new DA4600ES is here and awaits to be unboxed - pending a decision on what and how things will be hooked up), my cable provider's Samsung VTR and my Samsung BD-D5700 Blu-ray player (also awaiting a replacement decision).

If it helps, here's a rough, totally unscaled room diagram.

Well, that's about it. No doubt, I listed tons of rubbish you couldn't care less about and left out critical info. If so, please clarify me and I'll provide a more focused update.

P.S. I plan on calling Oppo again in the morning to learn what I can about exactly what I would and would not lose hooking up with HDMI vs. analog. Alas, I don't know if they'll be open on Christmas Eve.

To everyone who celebrates anything!
Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Happy Hanukah-Bodhi Day-Yule-Winter Solstice-Soyal-Saturnalia-Ashura-Zartusht-no-diso-the Day of the Return of the Wandering Goddess-Shabe-Yalda-Krismas-Kwanza-Omisoka-the 1000 Lamp Mandala Ceremony-Fesivus and, especially for all of my English friends, Boxing Day!

Last edited by Early Memphis; 12-24-2012 at 02:43 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Players


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:05 AM.