Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Old 12-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #7621
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Man, 'The Walking Dead' is just going through showrunners left and right. AMC sure must not be easy to work with, between this show losing two show runner, 'Hell on Wheels' losing theirs, and the public battles that the 'Mad Men' show runner had with them...They seem to be into the "lets try to fix things that aren't broken!" mindset.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell
Letterboxd: pj_campbell
Old 12-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #7622
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpz View Post
Because he did such a great job making Lost make zero sense and destroying Prometheus?
I haven't seen Prometheus yet, so I can't comment on that. But, I personally, loved every second of Lost from the first frame to the last. So if Lindelof joined The Walking Dead as show runner, I would be ecstatic.
Buffalo Sabres 21-51-10
Indiana Pacers 56-26
Toronto Blue Jays 10-8
Old 12-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #7623
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
Man, 'The Walking Dead' is just going through showrunners left and right. AMC sure must not be easy to work with, between this show losing two show runner, 'Hell on Wheels' losing theirs, and the public battles that the 'Mad Men' show runner had with them...They seem to be into the "lets try to fix things that aren't broken!" mindset.
As long as they keep it going the season 3 style then I could care less.

More zombies and killing was all the show really needed from day 1.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:46 AM   #7624

Jul 2009

One of the rumored reasons Mazzara is leaving is because he wanted to keep the show real(ugh)listic and AMC wanted to go with more of a fantastical route. That's based on the following from comicbookmovie...

In discussing the arena fight scene on The Walking Dead, Mazzara said, “This was a major part of the comic book. One of the challenges this year is that as we introduce elements from the comic book, we want to keep the show realistic, authentic, rounded. We don’t want it to tip over into a fantastical world. So we were worried about those arena fights. Was it going to feel too heightened? Too outside what we actually do.”

It goes on to say...
Even though Mazzara went on to say that actual scene turned out pretty well, one has to wonder if it could be a hint at what the difference of opinion between him and AMC might have been. Given the success of season 3 so far, AMC might be pushing to go more into the fantasy elements from the comic books, while Mazzara might have wanted to keep the show more grounded and realistic.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:41 AM   #7625
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrant_33 View Post
One of the rumored reasons Mazzara is leaving is because he wanted to keep the show real(ugh)listic and AMC wanted to go with more of a fantastical route. That's based on the following from comicbookmovie...

In discussing the arena fight scene on The Walking Dead, Mazzara said, “This was a major part of the comic book. One of the challenges this year is that as we introduce elements from the comic book, we want to keep the show realistic, authentic, rounded. We don’t want it to tip over into a fantastical world. So we were worried about those arena fights. Was it going to feel too heightened? Too outside what we actually do.”

It goes on to say...
Even though Mazzara went on to say that actual scene turned out pretty well, one has to wonder if it could be a hint at what the difference of opinion between him and AMC might have been. Given the success of season 3 so far, AMC might be pushing to go more into the fantasy elements from the comic books, while Mazzara might have wanted to keep the show more grounded and realistic.
I read in another forum that another issue was that the cast was unhappy that Mazzara was keeping to the "no one is safe" mentality of the comic book starting with
[Show spoiler]three major character deaths
in the latter half of the third season.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:00 AM   #7626

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
I read in another forum that another issue was that the cast was unhappy that Mazzara was keeping to the "no one is safe" mentality of the comic book starting with
Sad, cause that's one of the main reasons I love the show.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #7627
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

Yep... I tell you... AMC loves tinkering with the product. In their relatively short history of airing quality original programming in recent years... they seem to work really hard to get the showrunners to change all the stuff that draws in the fans and is true to the creator's vision.
Prying off your face takes practice.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #7628
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrant_33 View Post
Sad, cause that's one of the main reasons I love the show.
Yeah. It sucks to see certain characters go but, when done well, it really ups the ante and ratchets up the tension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe View Post
Yep... I tell you... AMC loves tinkering with the product. In their relatively short history of airing quality original programming in recent years... they seem to work really hard to get the showrunners to change all the stuff that draws in the fans and is true to the creator's vision.
There are too many cooks in their kitchen.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #7629
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
It would suck not knowing, everyday, if you were going to be canned, even though you might be doing a great job. But that also makes the show more realistic and powerfull.
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:34 AM   #7630
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2007
Florida

Damn you Mazzara for killing The Great T-Dog!!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:35 AM   #7631
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidPuppet View Post
It would suck not knowing, everyday, if you were going to be canned, even though you might be doing a great job. But that also makes the show more realistic and powerfull.
True but you figure they can always look to the source material to be sure. And I doubt it's a total surprise. Besides, I think actors are told beforehand how many episodes they'll be working on per season. That way they can work on other projects when not needed.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #7632
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2011
Michigan

AMC loves ****ing things up, but they still manage to become successful. With all the drama BB, MM, and TWD went through, it is shocking that they all managed to continue to be success stories. AMC will run out of lucky eventually though
Old 12-24-2012, 02:37 AM   #7633

Sep 2012
Somehwere, NJ

Being an avid follower of the comic book, I have loved every minute of the series. I did not even find the second season to be slow or anything. It hightened the drama, which I loved. The shocking deaths from the end of last season, to the first 1/2 of this season have been great. If they keep up the pace they have been, the show will remain amazing... but they will run out of characters. LOL. I am glad they are starting to introduce characters from the comic.

I, am anxiously awaiting the return in Feb. Love this show.
TV - Samsung 63" PN63B550 - to be upgraded soon
AV RCR - Onkyo TX-NR807 - to be upgraded soon
Speakers - Mirage HT ( 3 front, 4 rear ), Mirage MM-6 Sub
Blu Ray player - Sony Playstation 3
HD-DVD player - Xbox 360 Limited Star Wars w/ HD DVD player
DVR - Verizon Fios
Old 12-24-2012, 04:43 AM   #7634
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012
Kansas

As long as the show continues to tell great stories I dont mind if it stays realistic or goes more fantastical. But I lean more to the former.
Epson 5010 on VAPEX9120
Sony BDP-S580
Sony PS3 and PS4
DirecTV HR24
Yamaha RX-V567
Front: Yamaha NS-C444 and NS-777
Surrounds: Side - Sony SS-F5000 / Rear - Some cheap Yamaha's
Subwoofer: Yamaha YST-SW315
Old 12-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #7635

Dec 2012
United States

I am new to The Walking Dead.

I watched season 1 and 2 and really enjoy The Walking Dead. I have some questions about season 3? Is season 3 already over and we will start seeing season 4 this February?

Also, does anyone know when season 3 will be available to buy on DVD yet?

Thanks!
Old 12-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #7636
Expert Member

Aug 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design Master View Post
I am new to The Walking Dead.

I watched season 1 and 2 and really enjoy The Walking Dead. I have some questions about season 3? Is season 3 already over and we will start seeing season 4 this February?

Also, does anyone know when season 3 will be available to buy on DVD yet?

Thanks!
Season 3 is not over, they broke the season in half just like they did last year. The second half of Season 3 starts in February.

My guess is Season 3 will probably see a BR/DVD release in August like the past two seasons.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #7637
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2011
Michigan

Yeah, it won't be released until season 4 starts. That is how it is with 99% of shows.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #7638

Dec 2012
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey31 View Post
Season 3 is not over, they broke the season in half just like they did last year. The second half of Season 3 starts in February.

My guess is Season 3 will probably see a BR/DVD release in August like the past two seasons.

Thanks!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #7639
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

I think this is why they shouldn't do "mid-season" breaks. People start to think that it's a new season, especially when it's off air so long. I know a lot of people that swear when Breaking Bad comes back that it's the sixth season and not the rest of season five.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #7640
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

Looking forward to its return on 2/10!
Sony Bravia KDL-55W900A LED/3D TV.
Sony BDP S5100 3D Blu ray Player.
Pioneer HTP-071 Surround Sound System.
Xfinity HD.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television