Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
20 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
20 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98
 
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
15 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99
19 hrs ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
 
The Wizard of Oz 3D (Blu-ray)
$46.70
7 hrs ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$24.99
4 hrs ago
Free Birds (Blu-ray)
$4.99
5 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
manta53 manta53 is offline
Member
 
Aug 2012
Ontario, Canada
392
Default Help viewing 2D/3D blu ray?

Not sure if this is the right place or not to ask this but anyway. Ive looked for a solution to this and have not found one. I just resident evil retribution 3D blu ray as i have a 3Dtv and blu ray player and its one of those blu rays where both the 3Dand 2D versions of the movie are on the same disc. Well im visiting my gf and she has a fully updated ps3 but not a 3D tv its a fully hd led anyway i go to play the movie on it and it will not play. It gets to the screen with the metal spider, it loads then goes to a black screen and says no signal and does nothing until i press some buttons on the cntroller and it goes back to the xmb. Can someone tell me if theres some setting i need to change on the ps3 or something? Thanks.
I'm sorry Wendy but I just don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:00 AM   #2
Clinton3779 Clinton3779 is offline
Active Member
 
Clinton3779's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
Oshawa, Ontario
97
811
17
4
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta53 View Post
Not sure if this is the right place or not to ask this but anyway. Ive looked for a solution to this and have not found one. I just resident evil retribution 3D blu ray as i have a 3Dtv and blu ray player and its one of those blu rays where both the 3Dand 2D versions of the movie are on the same disc. Well im visiting my gf and she has a fully updated ps3 but not a 3D tv its a fully hd led anyway i go to play the movie on it and it will not play. It gets to the screen with the metal spider, it loads then goes to a black screen and says no signal and does nothing until i press some buttons on the cntroller and it goes back to the xmb. Can someone tell me if theres some setting i need to change on the ps3 or something? Thanks.
Im no expert but I don't think it will play unless the tv is also 3d ready.
Slight 3d addidction!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:15 AM   #3
Lovemy3D Lovemy3D is offline
Special Member
 
Lovemy3D's Avatar
 
May 2010
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton3779 View Post
Im no expert but I don't think it will play unless the tv is also 3d ready.

I played Underworld Awakening on a friends 2D player and 2D TV and it played fine. You would think Resident Evil would too.

However, I don't know anything about PS3 settings since I don't have one, so I can't help you there. There are plenty of people here that do though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:17 AM   #4
Clinton3779 Clinton3779 is offline
Active Member
 
Clinton3779's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
Oshawa, Ontario
97
811
17
4
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
I played Underworld Awakening on a friends 2D player and 2D TV and it played fine. You would think Resident Evil would too.

However, I don't know anything about PS3 settings since I don't have one, so I can't help you there. There are plenty of people here that do though.
Well I learnt something new today :-D
Slight 3d addidction!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:51 AM   #5
formula_nebula formula_nebula is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
formula_nebula's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
160
49
4
2
2
Default

Disable internet on the PS3 and ur problem should be solved I think.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
manta53 manta53 is offline
Member
 
Aug 2012
Ontario, Canada
392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_nebula View Post
Disable internet on the PS3 and ur problem should be solved I think.
Hmmmm i did try that and it still didnt work
I'm sorry Wendy but I just don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
keb33509 keb33509 is offline
Special Member
 
keb33509's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
443
35
Default

Go into the video settings on the PS3 and manually set all of the information, tv size, type, and resolution. Try that and get back to us.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:46 PM.