Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Destiny (PS3)
$49.99
Dragon's Crown (PS3)
$19.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
$29.99
Need for Speed Rivals (PS3)
$18.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
$19.99
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
$39.99
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$14.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (PS3)
$19.99
FIFA 14 (PS3)
$27.08
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
$51.52
NBA 2K14 (PS3)
$25.11
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare (PS3)
$22.50
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition (PS3)
$14.99
Battlefield 4 (PS3)
$16.99
LEGO The Hobbit (PS3)
$22.46
Ratchet & Clank Collection (PS3)
$15.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 12-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #521
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

I guess the good news for this game is the update on January 22 will extend the QTE assist to all difficulty levels, instead of just amateur. There's also some other stuff with Agent Hunt mode, and the difficulty in certain areas has been adjusted (not sure if up or down).
Plats--90:
Latest Plat--inFAMOUS First Light
PSN ID: SNAKE_XRS
Old 12-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #522
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2008
The Center of Smoked Bacon Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_XRS View Post
I guess the good news for this game is the update on January 22 will extend the QTE assist to all difficulty levels, instead of just amateur. There's also some other stuff with Agent Hunt mode, and the difficulty in certain areas has been adjusted (not sure if up or down).
Are you aware of the Ver1.0.3 update released yesterday? That update added a new difficulty called No Hope, and if you are still playing the early stages of the game, you no longer have to complete the game to unlock the Ada campaign.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Old 12-24-2012, 03:57 AM   #523
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Well, finally beat this game in normal mode. 1000's of cheap deaths, 5 good ones, or at least something like that. Cutscenes and QTE's and cheap camera angle flips in this game are terrible in the way they just take you out of the game. I just don't get it. Make a good game and let us play it, instead of putting crappy things in it. Some parts were just as frustrating as AC3. At least it was not as boring.

I did like the intersecting campaign stories.

How did you set up for professional mode? Skills, I mean. I did not get to max a lot of skills in one time through. I thought I might want firearms and defense level three and at least one infinite ammo, but I will have to farm xp for all of those.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #524
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
Well, finally beat this game in normal mode. 1000's of cheap deaths, 5 good ones, or at least something like that. Cutscenes and QTE's and cheap camera angle flips in this game are terrible in the way they just take you out of the game. I just don't get it. Make a good game and let us play it, instead of putting crappy things in it. Some parts were just as frustrating as AC3. At least it was not as boring.

I did like the intersecting campaign stories.

How did you set up for professional mode? Skills, I mean. I did not get to max a lot of skills in one time through. I thought I might want firearms and defense level three and at least one infinite ammo, but I will have to farm xp for all of those.
You nailed it there, my friend. I don't mind dying or be killed, but I got killed over some cheap reasons like bad camera angle? Or, over something like QTE when it is not even designed nicely?

I still think I am as huge of a RE fan as the next guy, but RE6 just doesn't really do it for me. I am fine with beating just Normal, or perhaps the Vet mode; but thanks to all those ridiculous camera angle changes, or QTEs etc, I ain't going to play Pro or the newly updated No Hope modes.

As for farming for exps, I am doing just that and already got infinite ammo for a couple of guns. The game is more "fun" with infinite ammo.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Old 12-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #525
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

It's not just the dying over the cheap stuff once. It's that you die because you miss the first QTE, then you pass that one the next time, but then you miss the next QTE and die, because you're doing stuff like watching enemies or what's happening in the game instead of the small spot where the QTE shows up. Same way with camera angles. Like I said, it takes you out of the game completely, because you're paying attention to minutia instead of what should be the focus...the characters and enemies and environment. What kills me the most about it is that it is just as maddening on amateur difficulty. To me, such a setting should be playable by someone who picks up the PS3 for the first time and should be nothing more than a stroll for a regular player.

Hey, will you get credit for a veteran or professional playthrough by using chapter select rather than NG+? What's the benefit of NG+ otherwise? Except the obvious that if you are out of an ammo you need, you won't have it with chapter select. I went back to try to get the sneaking around trophy and I had to find a level to farm for arrows, since I had none in my inventory.

Last edited by jsteinhauer; 12-25-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #526
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2008

Quote:
It's not just the dying over the cheap stuff once. It's that you die because you miss the first QTE, then you pass that one the next time, but then you miss the next QTE and die, because you're doing stuff like watching enemies or what's happening in the game instead of the small spot where the QTE shows up. Same way with camera angles. Like I said, it takes you out of the game completely, because you're paying attention to minutia instead of what should be the focus...the characters and enemies and environment. What kills me the most about it is that it is just as maddening on amateur difficulty. To me, such a setting should be playable by someone who picks up the PS3 for the first time and should be nothing more than a stroll for a regular player.
To me, what you said above = cheap deaths. And I fully agreed with you there.

Quote:
Hey, will you get credit for a veteran or professional playthrough by using chapter select rather than NG+? What's the benefit of NG+ otherwise? Except the obvious that if you are out of an ammo you need, you won't have it with chapter select. I went back to try to get the sneaking around trophy and I had to find a level to farm for arrows, since I had none in my inventory.
[Show spoiler]Try Ada's second chapter if you are farming for arrows. Or, do what I am doing, and replaying the game on amatur level to farm for things. Gain the exp points, and buy infinite ammo later.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Old 12-26-2012, 03:21 AM   #527
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Finished four Leon chapters on professional. Using infinite shotgun. Died eleven times at the end of chapter four. My thumb could not physically tap fast enough. Besides difficulty, I still need skills and medals trophies.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #528
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007

For those that played this, how does it compare to RE5? That game was criticized when it came out and RE6 had alot of good buzz prior to release. Better or worse than RE5? About the same?
Old 12-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #529
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
For those that played this, how does it compare to RE5? That game was criticized when it came out and RE6 had alot of good buzz prior to release. Better or worse than RE5? About the same?
Still a lot of criticism. I think because it deviates from the spirit of the RE games up to the 4th. It's got some things going for it compared to RE5 and some things not so good. Overall, I think I better enjoyed playing RE5.

It's not survival horror. One of the four campaigns comes closest, but still not very close. When it allows itself to be a shooter, it's a decent third person shooter, and by that I mean decent. Not exceptional. That aspect is superior to RE5, I think. Unfortunately, if you've seen much of the gameplay criticism, it gets away from that way too often with sometimes difficult QTE's at inopportune or unexpected moments that in my experience more often than not result in a death the first or first few times. Just because you learn the first QTE that killed you doesn't mean you are prepared for the one that immediately follows. And they are abundant. It's really crappy, because you play a whole chapter without getting knocked down, then, bang, you miss three QTE's and you die a few times in a row. It also has too many cutscenes and in-game pauses that again take you out of the gameplay. There are some places where you might play 20 minutes and do nothing but open a couple of doors and smash two crates in between cutscenes and action-free traversal of space.

The intersecting campaign stories are interesting enough, but you know how it is, a good story can't make a game good, if it's not.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #530
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Le Canada

Quote:
I would say better but still about the same. I don't get the mega hate for this game, sure it's not the best ever but it's fine IMO...I prefer this type of RE rather than survival horror so....
PSN ID: Blodiak
BattleTag: Blodiak#1841
Old 12-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #531
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2008

Quote:
Quote:
Still a lot of criticism. I think because it deviates from the spirit of the RE games up to the 4th. It's got some things going for it compared to RE5 and some things not so good. Overall, I think I better enjoyed playing RE5.

It's not survival horror. One of the four campaigns comes closest, but still not very close. When it allows itself to be a shooter, it's a decent third person shooter, and by that I mean decent. Not exceptional. That aspect is superior to RE5, I think. Unfortunately, if you've seen much of the gameplay criticism, it gets away from that way too often with sometimes difficult QTE's at inopportune or unexpected moments that in my experience more often than not result in a death the first or first few times. Just because you learn the first QTE that killed you doesn't mean you are prepared for the one that immediately follows. And they are abundant. It's really crappy, because you play a whole chapter without getting knocked down, then, bang, you miss three QTE's and you die a few times in a row. It also has too many cutscenes and in-game pauses that again take you out of the gameplay. There are some places where you might play 20 minutes and do nothing but open a couple of doors and smash two crates in between cutscenes and action-free traversal of space.

The intersecting campaign stories are interesting enough, but you know how it is, a good story can't make a game good, if it's not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodiak View Post
I would say better but still about the same. I don't get the mega hate for this game, sure it's not the best ever but it's fine IMO...I prefer this type of RE rather than survival horror so....
I think first of all, let's forget about the whole survivor horror thing, like ever. Capcom will never go back to that route, now when the series still sells like hot cakes since 4RE (check the RE4 cover, and that's what it says ).

Ok, with that in mind, I'd say I agreed with jsteinhauer for the most parts, especially with those QTEs non-sense. And the thing is, I don't mind so much about them coming up at unexpected time, or in extremely inconsistant fashion, (like in one sequence you are pressing buttons 3-4 times in a row, and suddenly the last two in the sequence you need to mess with the joystick?) rather since there are so many of them, they ain't fun by Chapter 2, or I don't think they add anything positive to the game experience.

Aside from the QTEs, I personally think while it is a nice idea to have a total of 4 campaigns (up to 7 characters to choose from), I think they are trying to do a bit too much in this game. While there is a little bit of everything from shooting to run & gun, to a littttttle bit of survivor horror revisited, to car chase, to very litttttttle bit of puzzle (not enough of it, IMHO) etc; almost none of them are outstanding at all. Adding the QTEs we mentioned above that, sadly make a few places feel more annoying than challenging.

Oh, and speaking of puzzles. I think I am more upset by the lack of smartly created puzzles than having nearly no elements of survivor horror. I mean, come on, there were enough puzzles to keep your brian from sleeping even in 4RE; yet there are very few of them in RE6.

Speaking of challenging, I can see the game or most enemies ain't really that hard to deal with, there are just too many of them at one time or another; but what killed me several times are those weird to bad camera angles! Especially in a few critical battles while you are running away or around the place, the camera angles actually change in the middle of it all! What?! More often than not, I would end up running TOWARD the enemies than running away from them, it all "thanks" to those camera angles.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Old 12-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #532
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Miami, FL.
Send a message via AIM to laz305 Send a message via MSN to laz305 Send a message via Yahoo to laz305

I finally updated so I could play this. Not to excited about the game play as I'm old skool and prefer the original game play. But will be playing my best to get my moneys worth.
My Trade Thread
My Collectible Trade Thread
My Slips FT/FS
"Hate the player, and the game"

WANTED SLIPS:Beauty & the Beast Royal Wedding, Benjamin Button Lenti, The Cell, The Duchess, Hoffa
Old 12-28-2012, 03:25 AM   #533
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Almost half done with professional. I had to quit at te worst section of the game. Chris' chapter 5, running up the catwalk under duress with wildly flailing caera angles and questionable controls. I expect a minimum of ten deaths here. Got A rank in previous chapter.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:27 AM   #534
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2008

Quote:
Almost half done with professional. I had to quit at te worst section of the game. Chris' chapter 5, running up the catwalk under duress with wildly flailing caera angles and questionable controls. I expect a minimum of ten deaths here. Got A rank in previous chapter.
You mean you already completed 2 campaigns in Pro mode already, and are now working on finishing with Chris'?
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Old 12-28-2012, 03:45 AM   #535
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azyiu View Post
You mean you already completed 2 campaigns in Pro mode already, and are now working on finishing with Chris'?
Finished Leon. Nearly done with Chris. Will do Jake then Ada next. I highly recommend level 3 firearms, level 3 defense, infinite shotgun ammo. You get a shotgun in all campaigns. It is really going easier than my first game on normal . Piers is a really sucky partner playing solo, by the way. If you want to play Jake or Sherry on Pro Saturday with a partner, I usually get going around 11 am Central.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #536
Expert Member

Nov 2011
Melbourne, Australia

What criticisms did Capcom get for RE5 that they fixed for this excellent game? For example, controls, aiming crosshair etc.
Mirror Mirror (2012) - The best Snow White movie EVER!!!

Lily Collins - The most beautiful Snow White EVER!!!

Legend's Princess Lili - The most beautiful princess-in-distress

Frozen's Elsa - Attractive, alluring and sexy with the loveliest hips.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #537
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Any good ways to farm skill points. I finished professional today. I played some Agent Hunt to get a handful of medals, now all I need to do is level some skills, and I need a ton more points. Devs tried hard in many ways to ruin a halfway decent game.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #538
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

A day before the big update and Amazon drops this to $29.99. I wonder if I should bite, considering I have Ni No Kuni coming this week.....
Plats--90:
Latest Plat--inFAMOUS First Light
PSN ID: SNAKE_XRS
Old 01-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #539
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

Did Resident Evil 6 not come with a Slipcover? Cause I could have sworn it did...or am I mistaken? :S
Old 01-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #540
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethRex View Post
Did Resident Evil 6 not come with a Slipcover? Cause I could have sworn it did...or am I mistaken? :S
No it didn't.
Various: "Can you kill it?" "I believe something can." "A monster?" "No...a god."

Godzilla Asia Trailer (2014)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3